When video chat is coming on Playstation 4?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2518 posts) -

So when video chat is coming to PS4?

Right now Xbox One has 1080p clean video chat, PS4 doesn't have video chat and camera is only 720p max, not even 1080p. But even 720p PS Camera doesn't save this because it just has no video chat at all.

So, when video chat is coming on Playstation 4?

#2 Edited by gameofthering (10321 posts) -

I don't know. Even if it does get it, I don't think you will personally notice a difference between the PS Camera and Kinect.

#3 Edited by lglz1337 (3855 posts) -

when NSA...NVM stupid question

#4 Edited by Chutebox (37366 posts) -

Don't know don't care

#5 Edited by k--m--k (1016 posts) -

What would I do with video chat in a gaming console?

I use it to play games....not chat...

#6 Posted by getyeryayasout (7602 posts) -

It's a little slow in coming since all PS4 owners weren't forced to buy a camera they never wanted in the first place.

#7 Posted by sts106mat (19857 posts) -

being able to skype our family on the other side of the world in australia in HD is great for our family

#8 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2518 posts) -

@k--m--k said:

Playing game, talking with my friends... its multimedia.

#9 Edited by MlauTheDaft (3852 posts) -

Just leave video chat on phones and PCs. And use a damn headset, so you don't pester anyone nearby.

#10 Posted by lostrib (37714 posts) -

whenever you stop making threads

#11 Edited by Wasdie (50001 posts) -

I sense desperation here.

#12 Posted by kuu2 (7370 posts) -

Does Sony Fan even buy peripherals? The Move was flat line on arrival and the camera is no different. No reason for video chat when the camera is not a focus at all for them.

#13 Posted by Heil68 (45197 posts) -

So for games 1080p is not that big of deal vs 720 but video chat(lol) is???

lmao

#14 Edited by RedentSC (701 posts) -

Who cares about video chat? really? so hopfuly never. I'd rather Sony spend the time improving the OS rather than adding extra (pointless) features.

If i want to video chat (which i don't) i'll use my phone/pc/laptop or tablet... many devices i can do this on.

#15 Posted by lglz1337 (3855 posts) -

@Heil68: lol this just shows how bad lemmings want 1080p

#16 Posted by MBirdy88 (8330 posts) -

@gameofthering said:

I don't know. Even if it does get it, I don't think you will personally notice a difference between the PS Camera and Kinect.

right.... so apperently you can see a massive difference in cows 1080p games against xbox 1s 800-900p games.... yet 720p camera and 1080p camera is not noticeable...

wut... if anything a camera will be more noticeable than a game.

#17 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2518 posts) -

@RedentSC said:

Who cares about video chat? really? so hopfuly never. I'd rather Sony spend the time improving the OS rather than adding extra (pointless) features.

If i want to video chat (which i don't) i'll use my phone/pc/laptop or tablet... many devices i can do this on.

Why would you use phone, laptop, table or pc for video chat and low quality video chat? How about sitting in home, playing games, watching movie and video chat 1080p? No need to hold phone or PC on your hand to talk with family or friends..

#18 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1967 posts) -

what is 1080p clean video chat? Why would need video chat right now when could be adding other important feature instead? There is still much demand for camera without chat, ps4 camera sells 2x, 3x retail and nobody want broken kinect camera.

#19 Edited by RedentSC (701 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@RedentSC said:

Why would you use phone, laptop, table or pc for video chat and low quality video chat? How about sitting in home, playing games, watching movie and video chat 1080p? No need to hold phone or PC on your hand to talk with family or friends..

Got an Xperia Z1 mate... 1080p all the way

Also unless your devices are from 10 years ago... all laptops/tablets/phones and PC's will be able to video chat in 1080p.

Also i have a stand for my devices... i don't need to hold anything.. They can even be on a stand while i'm playing the superior version of battlefield in on my PS4... the tech mate... the tech in unreal!

#20 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (5143 posts) -

Nobody cares, lemming.

#21 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1751 posts) -

Why would i want such a dumb feature? I use PS4 to play games.

#22 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2518 posts) -

@RedentSC said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@RedentSC said:

Also unless your devices are from 10 years ago... all laptops/tablets/phones and PC's will be able to video chat in 1080p.

Also i have a stand for my devices... i don't need to hold anything.. They can even be on a stand while i'm playing the superior version of battlefield in on my PS4... the tech mate... the tech in unreal!

Yes you need to hold phone or tablets in your hand... PC is even more stupid.

How about sitting on couch, eating popcorn and talk with friends? or doing something else and talking with someone...

VS

#23 Posted by lostrib (37714 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@RedentSC said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@RedentSC said:

How about sitting on couch, eating popcorn and talk with friends? or doing something else and talking with someone...

Most people have enough devices that can skype that they probably don't give a shit about this

#24 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

Who gives a shit I bought my console to play games not Skype, I can Skype on my PC tablet and phone, this thread reals of desperation give me a statistic saying over 40% of people want or use video chat on video game consoles and then you might be taken seriously.

#25 Posted by RedentSC (701 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@RedentSC said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@RedentSC said:

VS

Oh yea, using a Nexus S from 2010 vs an xbox one from 2013... brilliant... my phone does 1080p no issues and yes i use a stand.... which its sat on my coffee table.. while eating pop corn :)

#26 Posted by charizard1605 (58234 posts) -

I have video chat on Wii U.

It is the single most useless feature of all time, so it could never show up on PS4, and I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

#27 Posted by Karpetburnz (548 posts) -

At least the PS4 has 1080p games lmfao, this just goes to show how much focus Microsoft has put into other features and NOT games.

#28 Posted by Bren128 (2353 posts) -

omg such a huge win for xbox. This grasping of the straws thing....

#29 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

I use my phone, sorry I'm not home all day.

#30 Posted by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

I sense desperation here.

#31 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

Oh look Cows begging for superior tech found on Xbox One. Classic

#32 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -

the video chat works, it's just the black bars are 1920x540 top and bottom.

#33 Edited by nini200 (9827 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

I have video chat on Wii U.

It is the single most useless feature of all time, so it could never show up on PS4, and I wouldn't bat an eyelid.

I think I've used it about 2 times since I had my WiiU so I can agree with you

#34 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

What superior tech? Video chat? You mean the technology that's been around since 1999? Here's a news flash, people get gaming consoles to game not Skype when well over 90% of people are using PC's Tablets and Phones as their means of communications for video chat and chat, The console market barely hits a 5% I guarantee you, because no one walks into a best buy asking if PS4 or XB1 does Skype or video chat, they buy it for the simple reason of primarily playing games. Why don't you run off make another thread so it gets locked by mods as usual, it's about as useful as you are around here.

#35 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14454 posts) -

"Hey kids let me show you my master chief."

#36 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@Solid_Max13 said:

@me3x12 said:

What superior tech? Video chat? You mean the technology that's been around since 1999? Here's a news flash, people get gaming consoles to game not Skype when well over 90% of people are using PC's Tablets and Phones as their means of communications for video chat and chat, The console market barely hits a 5% I guarantee you, because no one walks into a best buy asking if PS4 or XB1 does Skype or video chat, they buy it for the simple reason of primarily playing games. Why don't you run off make another thread so it gets locked by mods as usual, it's about as useful as you are around here.

Go Ahead and keep thinking that last gen mentality you got i know your used to ancient ways of doing things on PS systems. But the reality is wait until you see the amount of people doing Twitch streams on Xbox One and doing video chat picture and picture with thier 1080p resolution Kinect cam makes things super easy. I know haters gonna hate but this is how slick things are on Xbox systems.

#37 Edited by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

I don't care, i want to play games.

#38 Edited by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

What are you still doing here? You have been owned in every argument in SW.

#39 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@me3x12 said:

Go Ahead and keep thinking that last gen mentality you got i know your used to ancient ways of doing things on PS systems. But the reality is wait until you see the amount of people doing Twitch streams on Xbox One and doing video chat picture and picture with thier 1080p resolution Kinect cam makes things super easy. I know haters gonna hate but this is how slick things are on Xbox systems.

Lol PS4 has had Twitch since launch, Cows didn't have to wait for it like MS made you, show me a statistic that shows people last gen and this gen want video chat, on their video game consoles, show me the demographics that's above 20%, and it's not bashing, it's common sense no one talks about "wow I can't believe I did video chat on PS4 or XB1 I never knew that was possible" People talk about games, multiplayer experiences, upcoming games and such no one gives a shit about video chat, but according to you this is now the saving grace of the XB1?? I don't even think, that you think before you type with how insanely stupid every logic you bring to every topic is, everyone has brought proof before your eyes you have brought nothing.

#40 Edited by handssss (1837 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@RedentSC said:

because i can skype for free on my laptop without buying a $500 device with a shitty camera i would never use for gaming AND a $60 subscription just to use all the non-gaming features like skype.

#41 Posted by KBFloYd (13831 posts) -

wiiU has this...

no one cares

#42 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@Solid_Max13 said:

@me3x12 said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@me3x12 said:

Lol PS4 has had Twitch since launch, Cows didn't have to wait for it like MS made you, show me a statistic that shows people last gen and this gen want video chat, on their video game consoles, show me the demographics that's above 20%, and it's not bashing, it's common sense no one talks about "wow I can't believe I did video chat on PS4 or XB1 I never knew that was possible" People talk about games, multiplayer experiences, upcoming games and such no one gives a shit about video chat, but according to you this is now the saving grace of the XB1?? I don't even think, that you think before you type with how insanely stupid every logic you bring to every topic is, everyone has brought proof before your eyes you have brought nothing.

You missed the entire point and twist it to pretend I had no point. It has nothing to do with statistics on who is or who aint. It has to do with I said watch when Twitch is on Xbox One and see how many people will use Kinect to do the voice commentary and also picture and picture mode why they narrate their streams. A ton of people will do it so the point was it's going to be convenient and a nice thing for many that do streaming. You knew what my point was you just want to turn a blind eye to anything positive if it's not on your Kaz godstation.

#43 Posted by millerlight89 (18567 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@k--m--k said:

Playing game, talking with my friends... its multimedia.

Do you and me3x12 chat before or after nap time?

#44 Posted by CountBleck12 (22939 posts) -

Who the fuck cares, as a Wii U owner the feature for video chat is pretty much useless to me.

#45 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

Good luck getting Microsoft to port their Skype app to PS4... the only alternative is Google's video chat... good luck getting a port of that for Xbone... such a fragmented market we are going to get.

#46 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@me3x12 said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@me3x12 said:

You missed the entire point and twist it to pretend I had no point. It has nothing to do with statistics on who is or who aint. It has to do with I said watch when Twitch is on Xbox One and see how many people will use Kinect to do the voice commentary and also picture and picture mode why they narrate their streams. A ton of people will do it so the point was it's going to be convenient and a nice thing for many that do streaming. You knew what my point was you just want to turn a blind eye to anything positive if it's not on your Kaz godstation.

I have nothing against Xbox, but you and FreedomFree are acting like everyone wants an Xbox for Skype and Video chat, So I asked for a statistic showing how many people use those features on consoles, it's not fucking rocket science, show me a statistic over 20% from reliable source on how many people use those features? Don't twist my words around it's right above there in chat for everyone to see, I'm asking you and Freedom for a statistic showing how many people use these features you're touting as next-gen compared to PS4 since you're so good at digging up information go and find me some info!

#47 Edited by stereointegrity (10731 posts) -

when is the cloud coming to xbone

#48 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9843 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

So when video chat is coming to PS4?

Right now Xbox One has 1080p clean video chat, PS4 doesn't have video chat and camera is only 720p max, not even 1080p. But even 720p PS Camera doesn't save this because it just has no video chat at all.

So, when video chat is coming on Playstation 4?

#49 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@Solid_Max13 said:

@me3x12 said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@me3x12 said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@me3x12 said:

I have nothing against Xbox, but you and FreedomFree are acting like everyone wants an Xbox for Skype and Video chat, So I asked for a statistic showing how many people use those features on consoles, it's not fucking rocket science, show me a statistic over 20% from reliable source on how many people use those features? Don't twist my words around it's right above there in chat for everyone to see, I'm asking you and Freedom for a statistic showing how many people use these features you're touting as next-gen compared to PS4 since you're so good at digging up information go and find me some info!

I've never said Kinect is the almighty or needed for everyone. I've said that it's nice to have for those that will use it for the convenience for situations just like I stated.

#50 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Desperate OP is desperate. PS3 had the feature and I never used it. I use either my phone or tablet when I want to videochat. When I'm at my console I just want to game. Leave the shitty skype calls for my phone, laptop or tablet, it's a completely useless feature in a console.