When Valve joins console wars...

  • 59 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4624 posts) -

and gaming PCs install base will drastically increase, we, PC gamers, will be swimming in AAA exclusives and multiplats.

And console gamers will be like this,

begging for PC games.

And as X1 will flop, too, we will have MS on our side as well, bringing to PC first-party exclusives. And Oculus Rift. Playing Star Citizen. And having virtual sex with virtual chicks in our Oculus Rift helmets XD

#2 Edited by MrYaotubo (2678 posts) -

Valve isn´t joining the "console wars" because they aren´t making a console.

#3 Posted by lostrib (35698 posts) -

probably not

#4 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4624 posts) -

Valve isn´t joining the "console wars" because they aren´t making a console.

They are making Living Room PC that will replace consoles in the living room.

#5 Posted by uninspiredcup (8261 posts) -

Valve are the future, everyone knows it.

#6 Edited by Chozofication (2808 posts) -

What are they even going to cost?

#7 Posted by Suppaman100 (3857 posts) -

PC only gaming sucks though and that won't change unless Sony, Nintendo and MS leave the console race.

Now go play some more PC "AAA" indies. LMFAO

#8 Posted by lostrib (35698 posts) -

PC only gaming sucks though and that won't change unless Sony, Nintendo and MS leave the console race.

Now go play some more PC "AAA" indies. LMFAO

No, it's pretty good.

#9 Edited by lostrib (35698 posts) -
#10 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2327 posts) -

MY GOD!!! SO CUTE CAT :)))))))))))

#11 Posted by Suppaman100 (3857 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

PC only gaming sucks though and that won't change unless Sony, Nintendo and MS leave the console race.

Now go play some more PC "AAA" indies. LMFAO

No, it's pretty good.

Agree, if you have low standards.

#12 Edited by lostrib (35698 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

PC only gaming sucks though and that won't change unless Sony, Nintendo and MS leave the console race.

Now go play some more PC "AAA" indies. LMFAO

No, it's pretty good.

Agree, if you have low standards.

Not at all. Gets tons of great games, at great prices. Plus my PC serves a number of other purposes

#13 Posted by Jankarcop (9264 posts) -

PC already has the biggest install base. It has the most gamers of any single system.

#14 Edited by Suppaman100 (3857 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

PC only gaming sucks though and that won't change unless Sony, Nintendo and MS leave the console race.

Now go play some more PC "AAA" indies. LMFAO

No, it's pretty good.

Agree, if you have low standards.

Not at all. Gets tons of great games, at great prices. Plus my PC serves a number of other purposes

*tons of great INDIE games and knowing I need to constantly upgrade my hardware which is expensive then yes PC gaming is "great".

And PC doesn't fit in SW imo. PC is not comparable to consoles.

#15 Posted by drekula2 (1928 posts) -

you'll get an exclusive once every 9 years.

#16 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4624 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

PC only gaming sucks though and that won't change unless Sony, Nintendo and MS leave the console race.

Now go play some more PC "AAA" indies. LMFAO

No, it's pretty good.

Agree, if you have low standards.

Not at all. Gets tons of great games, at great prices. Plus my PC serves a number of other purposes

*tons of great INDIE games and knowing I need to constantly upgrade my hardware which is expensive then yes PC gaming is "great".

And PC doesn't fit in SW imo. PC is not comparable to consoles.

Isn´t the highest rated game on PS4 an Indie ? XD

#17 Edited by lostrib (35698 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

PC only gaming sucks though and that won't change unless Sony, Nintendo and MS leave the console race.

Now go play some more PC "AAA" indies. LMFAO

No, it's pretty good.

Agree, if you have low standards.

Not at all. Gets tons of great games, at great prices. Plus my PC serves a number of other purposes

*tons of great INDIE games and knowing I need to constantly upgrade my hardware which is expensive then yes PC gaming is "great".

And PC doesn't fit in SW imo. PC is not comparable to consoles.

Uh no, it gets tons of great games in general, both mainstream and "indie." And no, i don't need to "constantly" upgrade my hardware.

And if you don't think PC fits in SW, then take it up with the mods

#18 Posted by lostrib (35698 posts) -

@drekula2 said:

you'll get an exclusive once every 9 years.

uh PC gets exclusive games all the time

#19 Posted by Basinboy (11084 posts) -

This analogy is adorable

Also, Steamboxes are PCs, not consoles. And all gaming machines are computers. Thank you PBS.

#20 Posted by Suppaman100 (3857 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

PC only gaming sucks though and that won't change unless Sony, Nintendo and MS leave the console race.

Now go play some more PC "AAA" indies. LMFAO

No, it's pretty good.

Agree, if you have low standards.

Not at all. Gets tons of great games, at great prices. Plus my PC serves a number of other purposes

*tons of great INDIE games and knowing I need to constantly upgrade my hardware which is expensive then yes PC gaming is "great".

And PC doesn't fit in SW imo. PC is not comparable to consoles.

Isn´t the highest rated game on PS4 an Indie ? XD

I've said it countless times, PS4 and Xbone have crap launch games. But next-gen consoles are meant for the long term.

#21 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

PC already has the biggest install base. It has the most gamers of any single system.

Facebook gamers don't count buddy.

#22 Posted by Suppaman100 (3857 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

PC already has the biggest install base. It has the most gamers of any single system.

Facebook gamers don't count buddy.

LOL, PC gamers love their runescapes, farmvilles and other browser games.

#23 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4624 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

PC only gaming sucks though and that won't change unless Sony, Nintendo and MS leave the console race.

Now go play some more PC "AAA" indies. LMFAO

No, it's pretty good.

Agree, if you have low standards.

Not at all. Gets tons of great games, at great prices. Plus my PC serves a number of other purposes

*tons of great INDIE games and knowing I need to constantly upgrade my hardware which is expensive then yes PC gaming is "great".

And PC doesn't fit in SW imo. PC is not comparable to consoles.

Isn´t the highest rated game on PS4 an Indie ? XD

I've said it countless times, PS4 and Xbone have crap launch games. But next-gen consoles are meant for the long term.

Words won´t repalce games. Lol.

#24 Posted by Wasdie (49739 posts) -

I think you're greatly overestimating the Steam Machines. Those are clearly marketed towards existing PC gamers who want their existing PC to be more flexible.

#25 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4624 posts) -
#26 Posted by Suppaman100 (3857 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

PC only gaming sucks though and that won't change unless Sony, Nintendo and MS leave the console race.

Now go play some more PC "AAA" indies. LMFAO

No, it's pretty good.

Agree, if you have low standards.

Not at all. Gets tons of great games, at great prices. Plus my PC serves a number of other purposes

*tons of great INDIE games and knowing I need to constantly upgrade my hardware which is expensive then yes PC gaming is "great".

And PC doesn't fit in SW imo. PC is not comparable to consoles.

Isn´t the highest rated game on PS4 an Indie ? XD

I've said it countless times, PS4 and Xbone have crap launch games. But next-gen consoles are meant for the long term.

Words won´t repalce games. Lol.

Okay genius, it won't "repalce" games.

Now go back to your "AAA" indie games. LMFAO!

#27 Posted by Heil68 (43921 posts) -

Steam Box wont make 1 bit a difference in console market.

#28 Edited by Krelian-co (10647 posts) -

not rly, with both consoles and pc architechtures being similar is more easy than ever to make multiplat games and only a dumb dev/publisher would ignore the money the other systems bring to them, if you see exclusives is because certain company specifically paid for it or is own by it, most if not all 3rd party devs will go multiplat this gen.

#29 Edited by Jankarcop (9264 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@I_can_haz said:

@Jankarcop said:

PC already has the biggest install base. It has the most gamers of any single system.

Facebook gamers don't count buddy.

LOL, PC gamers love their runescapes, farmvilles and other browser games.

1. I wasn't counting social gaming, as steam surely doesn't. I never do. Not in my aaa/aa tallies. Not in my revenue talk. Never. PC is top dog w/out that.

2. WiiFit, Kinect, handheld, xbla, and yearly sports rehash gamers count, so why not?

#30 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4624 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@lostrib said:

@Suppaman100 said:

PC only gaming sucks though and that won't change unless Sony, Nintendo and MS leave the console race.

Now go play some more PC "AAA" indies. LMFAO

No, it's pretty good.

Agree, if you have low standards.

Not at all. Gets tons of great games, at great prices. Plus my PC serves a number of other purposes

*tons of great INDIE games and knowing I need to constantly upgrade my hardware which is expensive then yes PC gaming is "great".

And PC doesn't fit in SW imo. PC is not comparable to consoles.

Isn´t the highest rated game on PS4 an Indie ? XD

I've said it countless times, PS4 and Xbone have crap launch games. But next-gen consoles are meant for the long term.

Words won´t repalce games. Lol.

Okay genius, it won't "repalce" games.

Now go back to your "AAA" indie games. LMFAO!

#31 Posted by Jankarcop (9264 posts) -

PC has the most exclusives last gen even when you take out "indy" games....

#32 Posted by Motokid6 (5417 posts) -

Didnt an indie win goty?

#33 Edited by Jankarcop (9264 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

Didnt an indie win goty?

That was on ps3, so it counted.

If the indy or mmo is on PC it doesn't count.


New SW rule.

#34 Posted by Jamex1987 (2186 posts) -

@MrYaotubo said:

Valve isn´t joining the "console wars" because they aren´t making a console.

They are making Living Room PC that will replace consoles in the living room.

This has been tried before so many times and has always failed. Microsoft tried it several times the last try being Windows Media Center but that failed and project abandoned. The masses do not want their PC in the living room.

#35 Edited by GioVela2010 (4018 posts) -

I welcome Steam Box with open arma, finally more PC peasants will get to experience god tier home theater gaming

#36 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

I welcome Steam Box with open arma, finally more PC peasants will get to experience god tier home theater gaming

Weak sauce.

#37 Edited by Krelian-co (10647 posts) -

@Jamex1987 said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

@MrYaotubo said:

Valve isn´t joining the "console wars" because they aren´t making a console.

They are making Living Room PC that will replace consoles in the living room.

This has been tried before so many times and has always failed. Microsoft tried it several times the last try being Windows Media Center but that failed and project abandoned. The masses do not want their PC in the living room.

but now they are making a console type pc that can easily be plugged in the living room and with steam os it can be controlled completely from the controller and the couch, this time is different.

#38 Posted by GioVela2010 (4018 posts) -

@AMD655:

That's what I think of 99% of Hermit setups

#39 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -
#40 Posted by GioVela2010 (4018 posts) -

That's right

#41 Edited by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

@GioVela2010 said:

That's right

Look we know all you care about is 720p on a Plasma and audio that has no real world benefit to anyone who Is not an audiophile.

LOL, I even made people mad when onboard Realtek 889 beasted soundcards.

#42 Edited by GioVela2010 (4018 posts) -

720p? I don't play 720p games unless it's a Nintendo game. Try again

#43 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

720p? I don't play 720p games. Try again

Oh sorry, 1080p on Plasma, that is right.

#44 Posted by GioVela2010 (4018 posts) -

What hermits don't? Then why the excitement for a Steam Box?

#45 Posted by AMD655 (4495 posts) -

What hermits don't? Then why the excitement for a Steam Box?

I am not excited, I am content with what I have already, I am set for a good 3-4 years.

#46 Posted by ominous_titan (606 posts) -

Pc in the living room is a tiny niche , no one gives a crap about desktops any more except the nerdiest of nerds and PC shouldn't be allowed in system wars its a computer it's like comparing a car to a boat

#47 Edited by Jamex1987 (2186 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@Jamex1987 said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

@MrYaotubo said:

Valve isn´t joining the "console wars" because they aren´t making a console.

They are making Living Room PC that will replace consoles in the living room.

This has been tried before so many times and has always failed. Microsoft tried it several times the last try being Windows Media Center but that failed and project abandoned. The masses do not want their PC in the living room.

but now they are making a console type pc that can easily be plugged in the living room and with steam os it can be controlled completely from the controller and the couch, this time is different.

Sure it will be. A device with an i7 and other expensive PC components isn't going to be cheap. Steam box is going to be a major flop. I agree with the previous poster. I will never buy another desktop PC.

#48 Posted by Glitter (353 posts) -

I sort of gave up interest in the Steam Machines once I found out that only a limited amount of video games on Steam will work for it, because the operating system it uses is Linux based. I'm not sure what to get, I am in for a long wait.

#49 Posted by Krelian-co (10647 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@Jamex1987 said:
@jhonMalcovich said:

@MrYaotubo said:

Valve isn´t joining the "console wars" because they aren´t making a console.

They are making Living Room PC that will replace consoles in the living room.

This has been tried before so many times and has always failed. Microsoft tried it several times the last try being Windows Media Center but that failed and project abandoned. The masses do not want their PC in the living room.

but now they are making a console type pc that can easily be plugged in the living room and with steam os it can be controlled completely from the controller and the couch, this time is different.

Sure it will be. A device with an i7 and other expensive PC components isn't going to be cheap. Steam box is going to be a major flop. I agree with the previous poster. I will never buy another desktop PC.

Is not cheap, no one is saying is cheap, but it won't make a difference, pc gamers already pay that and more for gaming pcs. You get what you pay for.

#50 Posted by -Unreal- (24540 posts) -

What are they even going to cost?

It's more about the OS than their PCs. People will build small form factor systems using a case like this one.