When do you think GTA5 for PC will be released?

• 85 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll When do you think GTA5 for PC will be released? (39 votes)

This Summer 21%
This Fall 44%
This Winter 33%

It's been 8 months already and still no PC version. What happened? I thought PC was suppose to be the rising star. In my opinion, they will probably release it with a next gen version. Which is kinda sad that consoles are still having precedent. Your thoughts?

* I think it will be this summer. If it ends up being fall (meaning 1 year), that'd be pretty bad.

• 
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

**** the PC version.

WHERE ARE MY HEISTS

Muffin2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Muffin2020
Member since 2013 • 534 Posts

Word on the street is that it will come out once they finish the PC version of Red Dead.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

RockStar..... GTA V is Boring.... But can you imagine how much fun it would be once the mods get a hold of it !

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

The PC development may have taken a back seat to next gen console development. All three might launch together though.

7MDMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By 7MDMA
Member since 2014 • 315 Posts

I dont think it's anything to brag about if you played the bare bones of what is a great game before PC Gamers. 30 FPS and below lagfest; jagfest; pop-in fest; bad textures; low draw distance; loading times etc. What's the point of playing a quality open world in such a horrendous state? If given the choice I'd wait every time. It's not as though we're lacking for other games to play: even modded GTA IV is magnitudes better. It will just about be game over for console for open world games when GTA V starts getting modded on PC shortly after its release.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#6 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

**** the PC version.

WHERE ARE MY HEISTS

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

they don't bother making it. according to a survey, only Timmy and Bob would buy it for PC, so it's not worth it.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

im torn on whether i think its coming at all. assuming it is id say fall.

danlevm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By danlevm
Member since 2013 • 289 Posts

i doubt they will even release it on pc at this point

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

PC gamers aren't missing much, especially the shitty GTA Online.

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

There will be an announcement by May 15.

The PS4 version is running at 1080p/30fps and using Tesselation, 2xMSAA.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46188 Posts

I doubt it'll ever come.

@Bigboi500 said:

PC gamers aren't missing much, especially the shitty GTA Online.

True, I would have liked it much more if they worked on singleplayer content instead of making that stupid online component.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58836 Posts

Publishers who make money don't care about pc unless free2play. Because that way you can't steal it.

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

They might be waiting for the petition to hit 1 million, then they'll start kicking around the idea of a port.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

One day

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Half Life 3 confirmed.

KittenNose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KittenNose
Member since 2014 • 2470 Posts

Who cares? Saints Row gives PC gamers their cop/civilian/hooker killer sandbox fix with the added benefit of not taking it's self seriously. I honestly don't understand GTA anymore. It is about as shallow and superficial as a game can get, but it has these delusions of narrative and maturity that make it impossible to just relax and enjoy the brainless kind of fun that comes with driving a tank through suburbia.

GTA VI would be about a thousand times better in my eyes if the scrapped any pretense of story line, and just focused on creating a city that reacted to the presence of their protagonist. I really think there is a lot of potential in creating a murder happy crime sim in which a crazy monster turns a land of white picket fences into an apocalyptic war zone. Particularly if they pull insane crap like driving a tank down the street while firing as fast as they can load the turret. I don't give a rat's tail about the personal lives of the psycho beasts in GTA games. I don't care about their families, lovers, and what not. If you are going to make a violent anarchy sandbox where you can butcher fifty cops, drive over a hundred civilians, then go play pool at a strip club to unwind, can we stop pretending that everything goes back to normal the moment they load the main character into an ambulance, fix them up, and put them back on the streets?

Technical limitations excuse the previous installments failure to offer up a city that evolves based on the player's atrocities, I don't think that will be the case when the next game makes a billion dollars.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

Does it really matter at this point? The game will be well over 2 years old if/when it releases on PC, and everyone has moved on.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Probably at the end of the year.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

With the release of the game on current gen consoles.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

"Bu..bu..bu...we have enough indies to keep us satisfied, we don't need no GTA V!"

Meanwhile almost a million hermits sign a petition to get GTA V to PC.

Lol, the PC beggar race...

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I don't even care anymore. If it comes, I will pick it up when it's on sale for $5 or less. If it doesn't come, I'll just wait until I can get a used copy of the PS3 version for less than $10.

7MDMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By 7MDMA

@scottpsfan14 said:

@7mdma said:

I dont think it's anything to brag about if you played the bare bones of what is a great game before PC Gamers. 30 FPS and below lagfest; jagfest; pop-in fest; bad textures; low draw distance; loading times etc. What's the point of playing a quality open world in such a horrendous state? If given the choice I'd wait every time. It's not as though we're lacking for other games to play: even modded GTA IV is magnitudes better. It will just about be game over for console for open world games when GTA V starts getting modded on PC shortly after its release.

It seems you only joined GS to be a PC elitist. GTA 5 lighting on consoles actually looks more consistant and better on the eyes than modded GTA IV. Character models, AI the lot is improved on GTA 5 even on the Xbox. I agree that the pop ins and low textures aren't good but vanilla GTA 5 PC will beat modded GTA 4 PC any day. Don't be a dick.

C'mon dude. Are you speaking about graphics coz I know GTA V is a better and more fun experience as a game than IV. But in terms of graphics it doesn't hold a candle to a modded GTA IV (in its current form on archaic console platforms). Just the anti-aliasing/super sampling alone make modded GTAIV a better looking game without all the shader/AO/DOF and all of that other ENB stuff.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

This summer, I'll go with July.

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

never.

7MDMA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By 7MDMA

@scottpsfan14 said:
@7mdma said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

@7mdma said:

It seems you only joined GS to be a PC elitist. GTA 5 lighting on consoles actually looks more consistant and better on the eyes than modded GTA IV. Character models, AI the lot is improved on GTA 5 even on the Xbox. I agree that the pop ins and low textures aren't good but vanilla GTA 5 PC will beat modded GTA 4 PC any day. Don't be a dick.

C'mon dude. Are you speaking about graphics coz I know GTA V is a better and more fun experience as a game than IV. But in terms of graphics it doesn't hold a candle to a modded GTA IV (in its current form on archaic console platforms). Just the anti-aliasing/super sampling alone make modded GTAIV a better looking game without all the shader/AO/DOF and all of that other ENB stuff.

Listen. No one is denying that PC is the superior platform, but it is debatable whether resolution and AA is an actual graphics asset. You can make an N64 emulator 4K with AA for instance. My point is, GTA 5 on PC without mods will be better than modded GTA 4. The lighting will be more consistent and will suit the other assets better. The PS3/360 GTA 5 has lower resolution/AA, low res textures, pretty questionable frame rate, not an amazing draw distance such as pop ins etc. All of these will be fixed on PC, but that's all the difference will be in image quality. That is of course, given that they don't redesign the character models and animations for the next gen consoles that will also be seen on the PC version.

I'm in agreement that next gen GTA V will probably look better than modded GTA IV. There were just far too many compromises on the PS3/XBox version to say the same. I still stand by AA making a major difference in visual fidelty, probably the biggest out of all graphical settings. It all comes down to a sharper/clearer/cleaner image if AA/resolution is good and a game has solid assets/models. Last gen V had the latter not the former while GTA IV (modded) was greatly enhanced with AA/super sampling the end result being a more photorealisic game despite the less current assets used.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

When Valve pays Rockstar.

If that doesn't happen, then never. They have lost all faith in PC gaming.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2028 Posts

More money if not released on PC, thats what they care the most

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33  Edited By Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

IT might be holiday this year.

We know it's comming. They specifically hired several PC game developers to port their games over to PC, this was over a year ago I believe. So it's coming, but who knows when.

As I said, my guess would be holiday this season, probably with a next gen console port on the wings, or even simultaneously.

I'd rather they take their time and take more advanatage of the new hardware than just bring us console GTA with unlocked resolution. They done did good with Max PAyne 3, which looked outstanding on PC - WAY better than the crappy console version. I'm hoping for more of the same.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 flashn00b

@Kinthalis: Regarding Max Payne 3, would it be too pessimistic to believe that they simply wanted to end their PC support on a high note?

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

**** the PC version.

WHERE ARE MY HEISTS

This should answer the question, PC version will most likely be announced when they are done with the console version, they have yet to add heists to the online and not to mention they have yet to release their first story DLC

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#36  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

@7mdma said:

I played GTA V on 360 and it looked fine and the technical problems are minor and nothing to freak out about.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

after the PS4 and Xbone version.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By PurpleMan5000

@blamix said:

More money if not released on PC, thats what they care the most

How so?

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By flashn00b

@PurpleMan5000: Porting a game that costed 170 million British pounds while not being paid to do so in the first place might not be the most financially feasible action.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By PurpleMan5000

@flashn00b said:

@PurpleMan5000: Porting a game that costed 170 million British pounds while not being paid to do so in the first place might not be the most financially feasible action.

The port wouldn't cost nearly that much.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

Thinly veiled bash thread... lol.

Most PC gamers already have GTA V on last gen consoles. The only reason I'd want GTA V for PC is mods. Mods and a framerate higher than 20fps... Look at GTA IV now. It's so much better than the initial product.

factor89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 factor89
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Probably around november, wonder if there will be a PS4/XONE release as well.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Kinthalis

@flashn00b said:

@Kinthalis: Regarding Max Payne 3, would it be too pessimistic to believe that they simply wanted to end their PC support on a high note?

I would imagine that hiring a bunch of PC devs, explicitly to port their games to PC would go counter to that idea...

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Ya I've been waiting for the pc release, as I hated how it looked on my buddies 360. It looks good for a 360 game but my god.. It's just ugly all around. We'll see though. I'll probably end up playing games like watch dogs or the division over GTA if it doesn't show that it's trying to use the pc and it's extra ability.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Kinthalis

@roler42 said:

@freedomfreak said:

**** the PC version.

WHERE ARE MY HEISTS

This should answer the question, PC version will most likely be announced when they are done with the console version, they have yet to add heists to the online and not to mention they have yet to release their first story DLC

It's doubtful the same people working on a port are the same people working on DLC.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 flashn00b

IF GTAV PC happens, i think the only thing i can hope for outside of a better port is Brutal Grand Theft Auto, because come on. Am i the only one who thinks that Grand Theft Auto is the next logical step for Sgt_Mark_IV's Brutal Doom?

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#47 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

@kittennose said:

Who cares? Saints Row gives PC gamers their cop/civilian/hooker killer sandbox fix with the added benefit of not taking it's self seriously. I honestly don't understand GTA anymore. It is about as shallow and superficial as a game can get, but it has these delusions of narrative and maturity that make it impossible to just relax and enjoy the brainless kind of fun that comes with driving a tank through suburbia.

GTA VI would be about a thousand times better in my eyes if the scrapped any pretense of story line, and just focused on creating a city that reacted to the presence of their protagonist. I really think there is a lot of potential in creating a murder happy crime sim in which a crazy monster turns a land of white picket fences into an apocalyptic war zone. Particularly if they pull insane crap like driving a tank down the street while firing as fast as they can load the turret. I don't give a rat's tail about the personal lives of the psycho beasts in GTA games. I don't care about their families, lovers, and what not. If you are going to make a violent anarchy sandbox where you can butcher fifty cops, drive over a hundred civilians, then go play pool at a strip club to unwind, can we stop pretending that everything goes back to normal the moment they load the main character into an ambulance, fix them up, and put them back on the streets?

Technical limitations excuse the previous installments failure to offer up a city that evolves based on the player's atrocities, I don't think that will be the case when the next game makes a billion dollars.

Saints Row and GTA aren't even nearly the same thing, especially Saint's Row 4, which I love with all my heart.

They both scratch different itches in the open world genre. I don't think anyone does a better open world city than Rockstar, as they seem to nail whatever city they are using for their inspiration for their games. As much fun as I had with the Saint's games, the places they inhabit are mediocre at best..

lunar1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lunar1122
Member since 2012 • 784 Posts

patience my fellow hermits.. It will be announced alongside the ps4/xbox one versions most likely at E3.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

They might do it after GTA 6 is released.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Past caring, as far as I'm concerned they missed the window and now there are other games coming that have my interest more than GTA 5