When did gamers become a bunch of bitchy little children?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by StrxXx (3 posts) -

Since when is gaming about trying to insult people who have a different opinion then you ? We are finally going to see some real progress in games because of the boost in hardware. Why can't you guys be glad about that and enjoy the console of your choice ?

There is no need to bash someone because he thinks an other console fits his/her needs better. A real gamer doesn't force his/her opinion on others.. They just enjoy gaming in general, no matter on what platform that might be. I look forward to both systems because they both have great games and exclusives I want to play and I couldn't care less which system has the stronger hardware or the best resolution.. Both systems are great in their own way.

Oh and one last thing : I know my English sucks balls, so if you want to use that to make fun of me. BE MY GUEST <3

#2 Edited by mems_1224 (46931 posts) -

around the time the ps1 came out and we got a sudden surge of playstation babies. those of us that were lucky enough to grow up on nintendo the way god intended are the real gamers.

#4 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

"System Wars"

#5 Edited by Jankarcop (9261 posts) -

xbox kids. they think halo was the first fps. they ruined gaming.

they make up most of CoD kids.

#6 Edited by StrxXx (3 posts) -
@danabo said:

"System Wars"

It's a war between systems indeed, companies being competitive is good for the industry. It isn't called Bitchy fanboy wars right ? .

You can have different opinions, and having a discussion with someone about the different systems is totally fine, But at least come with some good arguments based on real facts.. Nobody gains anything from kids fighting over the internet trying to force their opinion on others or do we ?

#7 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9638 posts) -

Since there are no levels anymore, the new rule should be that you most have at least 4k posts before you can make threads.

#8 Edited by Heil68 (43891 posts) -

It was around the time xbox came out and a bunch of <12 year olds discovered Halo and COD.

#9 Edited by chessmaster1989 (29168 posts) -

Because insecure people need to justify their choices to themselves by throwing around meaningless terms like 'cows', 'lems', etc.

#10 Edited by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

The day the first fanboy arrived one the world, which also happened to be something that happened well before gaming. Just a piece of human nature and competitiveness that happens to turn people into idiot fanboys when applying it to trivial matters like video games.

And you can tell who the idiot fanboys are by who they blame for fanboyism.

#11 Edited by WitIsWisdom (3748 posts) -

You ask this question in the worst possible place.... Ask not when it happened. Ask yourself how you can separate yourself from it ;) Words of Wisdom. Take it or leave it.

Find a good game where you can be in a clan, guild, etc. find one that is mature and brings no drama. It's ALL about finding that dedicated group of like minded indiiduals...

go to sofstudios.com if you are a shooter fan and check out H-Hour.

#12 Edited by Gue1 (9724 posts) -

things have always been like this...

#13 Edited by lostrib (35635 posts) -

Since always? you just didn't notice as much prior to the internet and message boards being wide spread

#14 Edited by Ballroompirate (22734 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

It was around the time xbox came out and a bunch of <12 year olds discovered Halo and COD.

Pretty much this, not so much with Halo CE since that was pretty damn good fps (then went downhill after that), although with CoD it's just been total crap since day 1.

#15 Edited by Krelian-co (10637 posts) -

around the time the ps1 came out and we got a sudden surge of playstation babies. those of us that were lucky enough to grow up on nintendo the way god intended are the real gamers.

thanks for proving his point, irony is funny.

#16 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3533 posts) -

Playing games because you enjoy them? Who does that anymore? It's all about resolutions now.

#17 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (11390 posts) -

Ii still don't get why people like RPGs, so lets make fun of them.

#18 Edited by lostrib (35635 posts) -

Ii still don't get why people like RPGs, so lets make fun of them.

wut?

#19 Edited by good_sk8er7 (4321 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow:

That's not fair, been here for like 6 years. Have under 4k and never been a flamer.

I always make good threads when I do, or at least try to.

#20 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

@StrxXx said:
@danabo said:

"System Wars"

It's a war between systems indeed, companies being competitive is good for the industry. It isn't called Bitchy fanboy wars right ? .

You can have different opinions, and having a discussion with someone about the different systems is totally fine, But at least come with some good arguments based on real facts.. Nobody gains anything from kids fighting over the internet trying to force their opinion on others or do we ?

You can engage the irrational comments and join in the fun, or choose to ignore. I'll always engage in actual conversation when the opportunity presents itself, and tend to find even the most ardent supporter will discuss our hobby in a sensible way when approached in a polite manner. I hope nobody takes the banter seriously, they are toys.

#21 Edited by foxhound_fox (88026 posts) -

It's always been like this. Except now the playground has come to the internet.

#22 Edited by treedoor (7648 posts) -

I don't know how it happens.

Just one day, out of the blue, you find that you enjoy arguing about resolutions, and exclusivity more than you actually enjoy playing games.

It doesn't happen to everyone, thankfully, or else nobody would play games anymore.

#23 Edited by StrxXx (3 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow said:

Since there are no levels anymore, the new rule should be that you most have at least 4k posts before you can make threads.

Well I clearly offended someone, sorry for wasting your time good sir. I'll make sure not to make another thread until I've got at least 4k posts..

#24 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25132 posts) -

ya must be new here.

#25 Edited by silversix_ (14232 posts) -

If gamers weren't bitchin Sony and MS would bend us over and fill dem holes with DRM in da butt.

#26 Edited by ELJUDEZ (7386 posts) -
#27 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (11390 posts) -

@ lostrib

You heard me, mister !

#28 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (11390 posts) -

The thing is I get more information from "debating" than a discussion. Besides its not like any of you are real people, you're just robots built solely to amuse all my ideas, essentially you're all just a canvas for my thoughts. Dance Puppets !!! :D

#29 Edited by lamprey263 (23475 posts) -

every segment of society is filled with entitled, whiny, opinionated bitches

#30 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (15958 posts) -

I don't mind the mud flying back and forth. Kids, whether in age or in mind, have always been part of gaming. They want to compare dick sizes, let em.

I just want to game.

To be honest, I thought that was the whole point of System Wars.

#31 Posted by jake44 (1996 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Since always? you just didn't notice as much prior to the internet and message boards being wide spread

Pretty much this.

#32 Posted by RAGEofSTUNTS (731 posts) -

xbox kids. they think halo was the first fps. they ruined gaming.

they make up most of CoD kids.

Halo is way closer to the "original fps" than CoD or Battlefield, not to mention most people that are CoD kids ONLY play CoD and maybe FIFA or NCAA/Madden, and tend to dislike Halo.

#33 Posted by AdobeArtist (22845 posts) -

While I generally share your sentiment, this board is for discussing the systems, platforms, and games therein. Not the people who play them.