When are the next gen systems going to make an appearance?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Goods_Merchant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Goods_Merchant
Member since 2009 • 953 Posts

This is a scary topic. This means alot of money being spend. But still, when is Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo going to make an announcement on their next system? Are they even going to make an announcement in the next couple years? Or are they going to just be making small refinements on the consoles like with the PS3 slim? I want answers!

chrisPperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 chrisPperson
Member since 2008 • 1393 Posts
I'm pretty sure that they will be announced within the next couple of years- maybe even released. I say this because I'm pretty sure the 3DS is the first step into the 8th generation of gaming.
VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

I would say...probably in the year some news will start leaking out then later some specs...THEN a predicted release date "normally 4Q"..Probably a new release will be around winter 2012. Just a guess.

OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
I don;t want a new gen for a while. Systems cost money.
coltsfan4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 coltsfan4ever
Member since 2006 • 2628 Posts

This is a scary topic. This means alot of money being spend. But still, when is Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo going to make an announcement on their next system? Are they even going to make an announcement in the next couple years? Or are they going to just be making small refinements on the consoles like with the PS3 slim? I want answers!

Goods_Merchant

Im happy with the length of this gen and hope it lasts a little longer. With that said I dont expect any new systems to be announced until late 2011 probably. Maybe released around 2012 or early 2013. I think MS will be the first company to release a new console.

emorainbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 emorainbo
Member since 2008 • 3067 Posts

There wont be a new generation of consoles for a while. I promise.

Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts
I think the Xbox.. probably Wii aswell.. will be releasing 2012? 2013? Someone told me PS3 will be more likely a late release again.. normally pretty reliable for gaming info and sounds about right.. but can't be certain.. Hope has been some help..
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts

I'm guessing 2012. But I think the world is supposed to end by then, at least according to the Myans.Seriously though, I believe Microsoft will be the first out of the gate with a new console, but if this Natal thing takes off for them, then they might hold off a little. Who Knows?!I'm fine with the current state of the gaming platforms.

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

Talk will start next year, garanteed.

XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 XboximusPrime
Member since 2009 • 5405 Posts

If MS had there way, they will release there console first again, that way they can enjoy another year lead and the sales numbers that go with it. It worked this gen, why not the nest? If SONY were smart, they wouldnt let MS do there first to market thing again. Nintendo is probaly goodwith doing whatever.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
2011 is when i think we will start to hear more about the next wave of consoles.
The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

There might not be a next generation of consoles, if publishers suddenly start liking the idea of platformless digital distribution more. So far, consumers have not demonstrated any interest in them. If they do pop up, I say talk will start in 2013 and we'll see them in 2015 or later.

XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 XboximusPrime

There might not be a next generation of consoles, if publishers suddenly start liking the idea of platformless digital distribution more. So far, consumers have not demonstrated any interest in them. If they do pop up, I say talk will start in 2013 and we'll see them in 2015 or later.

The_Capitalist

People like Evolving graphics, and the consoles are maybe starting to hit their stride and stop advancing in a meaningful way in graphics, atleast the 360 is I think.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The_Capitalist

[QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

XboximusPrime

People like Evolving graphics, and the consoles are maybe starting to hit their stride and stop advancing in a meaningful way in graphics, atleast the 360 is I think.

How much can graphics evolve? I think we are starting to hit a wall in terms of computer graphics.

XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 XboximusPrime

[QUOTE="XboximusPrime"]

[QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

The_Capitalist

How much can graphics evolve? I think we are starting to hit a wall in terms of computer graphics.

Im not talking about PC, im talking about Console. If Next gen can look like the best looking PC games today, than thats a meaningful upgrade I think.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 The_Capitalist

But certainly, the level of graphics you see on consoles aren't that far behind than say, the graphics you find in Crysis.

XboximusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 XboximusPrime

But certainly, the level of graphics you see on consoles aren't that far behind than say, the graphics you find in Crysis.

The_Capitalist

No, theyre not miles and miles away, but its still a good distance. Anyway, I dont think Graphics have hit a wall yet going forward.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The_Capitalist

[QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

XboximusPrime

No, theyre not miles and miles away, but its still a good distance. Anyway, I dont think Graphics have hit a wall yet going forward.

I am a PC gamer, and I have seen console games in action. In my opinion, console games aren't really that far behind in graphical quality. Additionally, when the game starts moving, you don't notice the difference much at all. Sure, consoles have lower-res textures, but that is all I can discern.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#20 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Probably soon to discuss, word of it though? Who knows.
judge__judy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 judge__judy
Member since 2005 • 2129 Posts

2 years away would be sweet. This gen still has plently of life and left in it. Next gens mainly just gonna be a graphics update I guess so the longer we wait the better it shall be

chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts

I hope not for a while. Even so if one gets put out soon I've learned my lesson form this gen.

• Lesson 1: Don't buy Microsoft's system until after they send out ten different sku's to make sure it doesn't break.
  • Lesson 2: Wait on Sony to drop price and slim line the system down.

While I wait for that I'll have time to catch up on all the PS3 games I've missed.

monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts

my guess is wii hd in 2011, ps4 in 2014 next box a few months after. and wii 2 2015