What's the most relaxing game you've played this year?

  • 62 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16750 posts) -

For me it's Kirby Triple Deluxe. Granted, the game was made for 12 year olds, but it's pretty fun going through the levels and using different power-ups. The music and the characters make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. All of sudden I'm taken back to my Teletubby days. How about you, SW?

#2 Edited by Blabadon (25884 posts) -

FEZ

#3 Posted by Zassimick (6319 posts) -

Honestly, I gotta say Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. Running along those fields at night, or seeing all the people in the safe zones just crafting, is something I can just lose myself in. It's engaging, fun, challenging at times, and so relaxing to explore.

#4 Posted by parkurtommo (26430 posts) -

Probably Civ 5, I could sit like a roman eating grapes (this is literally what I did) while playing that game, it is so easy to control with just the mouse. I also played FEZ, but I was sick at the time so was hard to relax :P haven't played it since.

I wish you had asked this 2 years ago when Journey came out, that would be the most relaxing and beautiful game I've played. :)

#5 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16750 posts) -

Probably Civ 5, I could sit like a roman eating grapes (this is literally what I did) while playing that game, it is so easy to control with just the mouse. I also played FEZ, but I was sick at the time so was hard to relax :P haven't played it since.

I wish you had asked this 2 years ago when Journey came out, that would be the most relaxing and beautiful game I've played. :)

Definitely give FEZ a try again

#6 Posted by parkurtommo (26430 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

Probably Civ 5, I could sit like a roman eating grapes (this is literally what I did) while playing that game, it is so easy to control with just the mouse. I also played FEZ, but I was sick at the time so was hard to relax :P haven't played it since.

I wish you had asked this 2 years ago when Journey came out, that would be the most relaxing and beautiful game I've played. :)

Definitely give FEZ a try again

Yeah I kind of liked it, but right now I'm taking a break from any 2d indie games :P

#7 Posted by Gamerno6666 (432 posts) -

Fez.

#8 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16750 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@parkurtommo said:

Probably Civ 5, I could sit like a roman eating grapes (this is literally what I did) while playing that game, it is so easy to control with just the mouse. I also played FEZ, but I was sick at the time so was hard to relax :P haven't played it since.

I wish you had asked this 2 years ago when Journey came out, that would be the most relaxing and beautiful game I've played. :)

Definitely give FEZ a try again

Yeah I kind of liked it, but right now I'm taking a break from any 2d indie games :P

then you really need to get Rogue Legacy

#9 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11595 posts) -

League of Legends.

Sooooooooooo relaxing.

#10 Posted by Gamerno6666 (432 posts) -

then you really need to get Rogue Legacy

I found rouge legacy to be stressful experience even though I enjoyed it.

#11 Posted by BldgIrsh (1560 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer: Was just about to say dota 2. You win this round LoL...

#12 Posted by freedomfreak (39051 posts) -

Attack of the Friday Monsters.

#13 Posted by parkurtommo (26430 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@parkurtommo said:

Probably Civ 5, I could sit like a roman eating grapes (this is literally what I did) while playing that game, it is so easy to control with just the mouse. I also played FEZ, but I was sick at the time so was hard to relax :P haven't played it since.

I wish you had asked this 2 years ago when Journey came out, that would be the most relaxing and beautiful game I've played. :)

Definitely give FEZ a try again

Yeah I kind of liked it, but right now I'm taking a break from any 2d indie games :P

then you really need to get Rogue Legacy

Already have that! I loved it. Did not finish it though. I played very compulsively, like I wasn't concerned with defeating the bosses at all until I had explored every room in the area for gold. I did the 2 first bosses in almost 20 hours of gameplay.

#14 Edited by Ballroompirate (22540 posts) -

Dark Souls 2

#15 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16750 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@parkurtommo said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@parkurtommo said:

Probably Civ 5, I could sit like a roman eating grapes (this is literally what I did) while playing that game, it is so easy to control with just the mouse. I also played FEZ, but I was sick at the time so was hard to relax :P haven't played it since.

I wish you had asked this 2 years ago when Journey came out, that would be the most relaxing and beautiful game I've played. :)

Definitely give FEZ a try again

Yeah I kind of liked it, but right now I'm taking a break from any 2d indie games :P

then you really need to get Rogue Legacy

Already have that! I loved it. Did not finish it though. I played very compulsively, like I wasn't concerned with defeating the bosses at all until I had explored every room in the area for gold. I did the 2 first bosses in almost 20 hours of gameplay.

yea, I just got it recently for Vita and haven't even beaten a boss yet lol

#16 Posted by parkurtommo (26430 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@parkurtommo said:

@SolidGame_basic said:

@parkurtommo said:

Probably Civ 5, I could sit like a roman eating grapes (this is literally what I did) while playing that game, it is so easy to control with just the mouse. I also played FEZ, but I was sick at the time so was hard to relax :P haven't played it since.

I wish you had asked this 2 years ago when Journey came out, that would be the most relaxing and beautiful game I've played. :)

Definitely give FEZ a try again

Yeah I kind of liked it, but right now I'm taking a break from any 2d indie games :P

then you really need to get Rogue Legacy

Already have that! I loved it. Did not finish it though. I played very compulsively, like I wasn't concerned with defeating the bosses at all until I had explored every room in the area for gold. I did the 2 first bosses in almost 20 hours of gameplay.

yea, I just got it recently for Vita and haven't even beaten a boss yet lol

Given the awesome progression system, there is no hurry. You can just keep getting gold and more gold and more gold, then eventually you will have enough stats and items to defeat a boss. Once you defeat a boss, it is defeated permanently, so you only have to focus on one boss at a time. It's barely even a rogue like lol.

#17 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2722 posts) -

Probably Child of Light, great OST and it is a turn based RPG so you can relax while playing......great game for the price.

#18 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2440 posts) -

So far , Broken Sword 5 : Episode Two , followed by Broken Age : Act 1 .

#19 Posted by Gamerno6666 (432 posts) -

Dark Souls 2

Trolling? Only place I found relaxing in DS2 is Majula.

#20 Posted by Blabadon (25884 posts) -
#21 Posted by freedomfreak (39051 posts) -
@Blabadon said:

How is that?

You go around collecting sparkly things to unlock cards, which you can use in card battles. Nothing hard, and it's not the focus of the game.

It's just walking around, solving mysteries. Relaxing. Very good artstyle, too.

#22 Posted by leandrro (801 posts) -

mickey mouse: return to castle of illusion

#23 Posted by uninspiredcup (7774 posts) -

Sexy Beach 3.

#24 Posted by lamprey263 (23080 posts) -

Well, it's definitely not Mario Kart 8, I mean don't get me wrong, I love it, but it can be damn right aggravating at times, typical Mario Kart, like say you're leading an online MP race until the last lap, someone throws a blue shell and suddenly everybody catches up with you and decides to run a train on you... yeah, definitely not the most relaxing game I've played.

Hmm, for that, I'd say I find Mario Golf for the 3DS to be pretty relaxing.

#25 Posted by bussinrounds (2014 posts) -

turn based RPG so you can relax while playing

Hellz yeeeeahhh, now that's what I'm talking about.

Divinity: Original Sin

cause I don't wanna have to rush

#26 Posted by CyberLips (1814 posts) -

Civilization 5, Beyond Earth is going to be awesome.

#27 Edited by Renegade_Fury (17051 posts) -

Probably, Ristar. The music for stages 5-1 and 5-2 always puts me in a good mood.

#28 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16750 posts) -

Civilization 5, Beyond Earth is going to be awesome.

indeed

#29 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5743 posts) -

Probably Child of Light, great OST and it is a turn based RPG so you can relax while playing......great game for the price.

Yeah I agree. Loved every minute of that game.

#30 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6318 posts) -

Likely Mario Kart 8. That game is an excercise in not overthinking options ^^

#31 Posted by coasterguy65 (5872 posts) -

Sadly I don't seem to play relaxing games. Murdered Soul Suspect, maybe?

#32 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

Darksiders.... The World is ending scorched by the flames of hell, The Wind grows heavy with the screams of dying creatures at the edgde of my blade, the crimson red blood staining the ground, The Beating Drums and Loud Trumpets of The Combat Soundtrack..... Now thats relaxing ! :)

Next time I'm gona kick back with some Ninja Gaiden.

#33 Posted by blackace (20238 posts) -
#34 Posted by silversix_ (14034 posts) -

Divinity Original Sin

#35 Edited by SolidGame_basic (16750 posts) -

Darksiders.... The World is ending scorched by the flames of hell, The Wind grows heavy with the screams of dying creatures at the edgde of my blade, the crimson red blood staining the ground, The Beating Drums and Loud Trumpets of The Combat Soundtrack..... Now thats relaxing ! :)

Next time I'm gona kick back with some Ninja Gaiden.

no co-op

#36 Edited by mems_1224 (46456 posts) -

The Swapper

#37 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic

Co-Op is too stimulating to be relaxing.... Its Extacy !

#38 Posted by Toph_Girl250 (47571 posts) -

Well, it's definitely not Mario Kart 8, I mean don't get me wrong, I love it, but it can be damn right aggravating at times, typical Mario Kart, like say you're leading an online MP race until the last lap, someone throws a blue shell and suddenly everybody catches up with you and decides to run a train on you... yeah, definitely not the most relaxing game I've played.

Hmm, for that, I'd say I find Mario Golf for the 3DS to be pretty relaxing.

Yeah I agree with this, its the same way in Double Dash so it sounds like the Kart series hasn't really changed much over the years.

As for the question, it feels like no video game I've been playing as of late has me truly relaxed, unless I'm playing a game I've completely mastered for fun, and having some fun against the CPU in multiplayer modes or something like that.

#39 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29097 posts) -

Child of Light definitely

#40 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

Diablo 3. Relaxed me so much I fell asleep.

#41 Posted by Blabadon (25884 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

How is that?

You go around collecting sparkly things to unlock cards, which you can use in card battles. Nothing hard, and it's not the focus of the game.

It's just walking around, solving mysteries. Relaxing. Very good artstyle, too.

Entertaining story?

#42 Edited by freedomfreak (39051 posts) -
@Blabadon said:

Entertaining story?

Eh, for kids. It can be pretty damn weird though.

#43 Posted by farrell2k (5785 posts) -

I literally fell asleep playing the last of us...

#44 Posted by playmynutz (5981 posts) -

Indie games on ps4 like stick it to the man, trine, fez, and vita mutant mudds, thomas was alone, limbo, calmed me down when i was going rampant

#45 Posted by Roler42 (585 posts) -

Starbound

#46 Edited by yokofox33 (29345 posts) -

It'll probably be Hohokum. I'll most likely take up shrooms once I get the game on Tuesday.

#47 Edited by SolidGame_basic (16750 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

It'll probably be Hohokum. I'll most likely take up shrooms once I get the game on Tuesday.

woot, thanks for reminding me. have it preordered!

#48 Edited by heguain (544 posts) -
#49 Posted by Basinboy (11045 posts) -

Are we supposed to pick new games released this year or just any ole game we happened to play?

Child of Light
Journey

#50 Posted by EZs (1310 posts) -

Dark Souls 2 for me.