What's the longest lasting video games system you've ever owned?

• 111 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

I only list the working, > 5 years old ones, mine are:

Nintendo Family Computer (or NES in the US), nearly 16 years old now, had it since 1996.

SNES, 11 years old, weird noise sometimes.

PS2, 8 years old, sent to maintainance twice, but last time I check, still work.

PS3, 5 years old.

What about yours?

#2 Posted by funsohng (27614 posts) -
I still have Gameboy Colour that still works (I think) I'm not sure what happened to my Super Famicom, I gave it to my cousins and it disappeared from their home.
#3 Posted by ShadowDeathX (10578 posts) -
PC
#4 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

PS3:cool:

#5 Posted by TilxWLOC (1029 posts) -

My SNES.

Also, is it possible to edit titles? That grammar kind of hurts.

#6 Posted by FireSpirit117 (1981 posts) -
I've had my N64 since Christmas of '97, and I still play it every once in a while. (I wish I still had Goldeneye and Starfox though :()
#7 Posted by ethanradd (654 posts) -

My NES, I think it's 17 - 18 yrs old, amazingly it still works, while my PS1 died a long time ago

#8 Posted by Seabas989 (10104 posts) -

MY PS1 is about 13 years old I think. Still works.

#9 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

N64- 16 years

GameCube- 10 years

Xbox- 11 years

Wii- 6 years

My 360 lasted 6 years before it broke. :/

#10 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

I've had my N64 since Christmas of '97, and I still play it every once in a while. (I wish I still had Goldeneye and Starfox though :()FireSpirit117

Have 'em both. Star Fox 64 holds up amazingly well.

Goldeneye.... eh... not so much.

#11 Posted by slimjimbadboy (1729 posts) -

I own a fully functional Odyessy 2 with games. I think it came out in '78.

#12 Posted by TheEroica (13306 posts) -
Atari 2600- 30 years NES-launch year still working. 26 years Im to stoned to think of the rest
#13 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

My SNES.

TilxWLOC

Yeah, feel free to suggest a better title. English is not my first language :P

#14 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

MY PS1 is about 13 years old I think. Still works.

Seabas989
My ps1 broke last winter :(, bought it since 2002.
#15 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -
PCShadowDeathX
Is your PC the same as the first time you bought it? If you've changed part of its, then it's not the same system.
#16 Posted by SolidTy (42444 posts) -

I suppose my Atari 2600 and Intellivision are my oldest systems. :) I don't want to count my PC, since it wasn't mine when I was kid and it was awful, iven to me later. The 386 - 486 era stuff is mine onward.

They still work too! I still have my NES, SMS, SNES, Genesis and stuff too. :P

#17 Posted by the_bi99man (11047 posts) -

I still have a working old school fat PS2, from like 2002 or so. And an N64.

Also, I don't own a gamecube, and I'm not sure if my friend's is still working, but, regarding the durability of those things... It's worth noting that he once picked it up by the handle, smacked someone in the face with it, and put it back down, while it was running. Game didn't skip. Didn't freeze. Nothing. Pretty sure it was during a drunken, heated SSBB match.

#18 Posted by FireSpirit117 (1981 posts) -

[QUOTE="FireSpirit117"]I've had my N64 since Christmas of '97, and I still play it every once in a while. (I wish I still had Goldeneye and Starfox though :()NeonNinja

Have 'em both. Star Fox 64 holds up amazingly well.

Goldeneye.... eh... not so much.

It's more for nostalgic/collector reasons if anything.

#19 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

I suppose my Atari 2600 and Intellivision are my oldest systems. :) I don't want to count my PC, since it wasn't mind when I was kid and it was awful. The 386 -486 era stuff is mine onward.

SolidTy
I remember my last time playing the Atari 2600 was about 13 years ago or so. My uncle brought it from Japan since 1980s, great system. He bought a NeoGeo as well, last him for nearly 10 years i think.
#20 Posted by SolidTy (42444 posts) -

[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

I suppose my Atari 2600 and Intellivision are my oldest systems. :) I don't want to count my PC, since it wasn't mind when I was kid and it was awful. The 386 -486 era stuff is mine onward.

rjdofu

I remember my last time playing the Atari 2600 was about 13 years ago or so. My uncle brought it from Japan since 1980s, great system. He bought a NeoGeo as well, last him for nearly 10 years i think.

It's hard to play now, but certainly a cIassic machine for it's time. ACTIVISION was born in that era! :shock: :P

cod4.png :lol:

#21 Posted by immortality20 (7957 posts) -

I had a commodore 64 since I was a kid all the way up to this year, but I never played the thing in 15 years, it was just in the basement. The longest console that ever got use is probably my 360, 7 years and still loving it.

#22 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="SolidTy"]

SolidTy

It's hard to play now, but certainly a cIassic machine for it's time. ACTIVISION was born in that era! :shock: :P

cod4.png :lol:

:lol:, still a better game than Black Ops 2. inb4finalstar
#23 Posted by finalstar2007 (24947 posts) -

CoD:MW2... over 70 days of online gameplay lol

#24 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

finalstar2007
system... hello sir?
#25 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

finalstar2007

image001326073008102avo953.jpg

#26 Posted by finalstar2007 (24947 posts) -

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

rjdofu

system... hello sir?

Woops didnt see system in there then that has to be the PS3.. there was no other system that i'v used for so long like i did with the PS3.. been playing it since launch and im loving it more and more everyday. This might sound silly to some people but because of PS3 i got the chance to meet some amazing friends, i'v had so much fun with the PS3 and online gaming this gen, thanks to PlayStation i was able to play some amazing games and so on :P.. ya ya i know this has nothing to do with playstation but thought i would get out what i have in mind.

gaming best hobby ever!

PlayStation=best gaming brand yet!

*goes to play Mass Effect 3*

#27 Posted by DISSESHOWEDO (1775 posts) -

My Game Gear is still running, i've a Master System II also, but can't find an adapter to checks if it's working !

#28 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

finalstar2007

system... hello sir?

Woops didnt see system in there then that has to be the PS3.. there was no other system that i'v used for so long like i did with the PS3.. been playing it since launch and im loving it more and more everyday. This might sound silly to some people but because of PS3 i got the chance to meet some amazing friends, i'v had so much fun with the PS3 and online gaming this gen, thanks to PlayStation i was able to play some amazing games and so on :P.. ya ya i know this has nothing to do with playstation but thought i would get out what i have in mind.

gaming best hobby ever!

PlayStation=best gaming brand yet!

*goes to play Mass Effect 3*

Nah it's cool, i love my playstations too, especially the PS2.
#29 Posted by santoron (7690 posts) -

My old family 2600 is still alive and kicking (though the controllers have needed occasional repairs to the contacts) complete with 78 games.

#30 Posted by Lems_R_Tools (255 posts) -
My PSX. had it for 13 years and still works
#31 Posted by glez13 (8672 posts) -

My SNES lasted like 11 years until it died. At first it had a black and white display problem then one day it losed the white and stayed black.

My PS lasted like 9 years until the CD drive died. Sometimes it kinda spins but in the end it's useless.

My first PC had a HDD malfunction like at year 3. Damn you Maxtor!!!111

So SNES wins. :cool:..............:cry:

#32 Posted by Jonwh18 (9350 posts) -

GBC or SNES.

#33 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7200 posts) -

My NES. I don't know its exact age, as we got it at at garage sale when I was 3 years old. So, I'm guessing it's anywhere from 20 - 24 years old. I had to replace the cart reader inside of it once, but it works like new.

#34 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

Ps2 - 8 years

Nintendo DS - 7 years

#35 Posted by raskullibur (3390 posts) -
I still have my 2 Atari 2600 (slim and the fat one), N64, PS1 and PSP
#36 Posted by Slashkice (13053 posts) -

No idea. My SNES still worked the last time I tried, but that was a long time ago (have little reason to use it due to rereleases and all). I'll just assume it still works and answer 'SNES'.

#37 Posted by Ghost120x (3738 posts) -
N64 still play conker's bad fur day from time to time. Them teddy bastards.
#38 Posted by OB-47 (10908 posts) -

I have a Sega Mega Drive, though that's at my grandparents. In my household probably the PsOne

#39 Posted by TilxWLOC (1029 posts) -

[QUOTE="TilxWLOC"]

My SNES.

rjdofu

Yeah, feel free to suggest a better title. English is not my first language :P

What is the longest lasting game system you've ever owned?

Not hating or anything, just sometimes little things really get you, you know?

#40 Posted by sukraj (22131 posts) -

Xbox 360 - 7 years

#41 Posted by Arach666 (23018 posts) -
My ZX Spectrum 128k +2 still works and I have that since 1988 I think.
#42 Posted by Bangerman15 (1976 posts) -
ive had the nes since i was born, it still works along with all of my other systems as well, ive only had problems with a system breaking on me this gen with my xbox rroding twice and my ps3 not reading discs, btw that nes is seriously like 22 years old lol
#43 Posted by dobzilian (2490 posts) -
Mega Drive from 1990 or 1991
#44 Posted by ArisShadows (22615 posts) -

Game.com

Tiger's Game.com

Came out 1997, still works today. 15 years old.

NES

Nintendo Entertainment System with controller

Came out 1985.. Mine still works.. About 25-27 years old.

Had it maybe 15 years, also..

#45 Posted by freedomfreak (39148 posts) -
Godstation 2.
#46 Posted by kitty (114551 posts) -
Genesis, my first one from 1992 is still going strong.
#47 Posted by bulby_g (1049 posts) -

I have an Atari, ZX Spectrum, NES, SNES, 64, Gamecube, Wii, Master System, Mega Drive, Mega CD, PS1, 2 (x 2 UK and US), 3, GB, GBA, DS Lite, 3DS, Game Gear, PSP and Neo Geo Pocket that have all worked flawlessly since I've had them. I am on my third 360 though (good work Microsoft).

#48 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26272 posts) -

My N64. Over 10 years old now. If only the controllers analog stick would stay the same (I gotta buy a couple of those GameCube-like replacement sticks).

#49 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16296 posts) -

My SNES and the original Gameboy

#50 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16296 posts) -

or as I like to call it: the OG