Whats the Best "Fable" game??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ProtossX (580 posts) -

hi ive not tried fable 3 (heard bad things)

i beat Fable 1 and was playing fable 2 for a bit got bored not sure how far i am in it

i mean fable 1 was a gaming experience for its time i remember being a ninja being evil an killing travelers an just having crazy fun in the game

fable 2 seems like how can we make fable super easy, the dog tells you where to go where to dig, you can't really die in the game there no challenge

basically its just fable on easy mode an nothing really new an the stuff that is new is just bad like tons of new emoticons which i didn't even like in the first one an trying to get better reputation an stuff kinda of boring an dumb to me anyway

i just dont like the new stuff and the first one is all its needed unless ur actually make a good sequel , next time i think microsoft should go all out an actually like make a good fable game instead of just the same crap an more casual easy etc

#2 Posted by mitu123 (153911 posts) -

Fable 1 by far!!!

#3 Posted by tenaka2 (17040 posts) -

It will always be 'the next one' according to peter monologuwe anyway.

aw

#4 Posted by almasdeathchild (9517 posts) -

i personaly like fable 3 the best

#5 Posted by Lucianu (9443 posts) -

Fable: The Lost Chapters.

#6 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26574 posts) -

fable 1 lost chapters.Fable 2 imo was a giant turd.

#7 Posted by Juggernaut140 (36011 posts) -
Fable: The Lost Chapters. Hands down.
#8 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

It will always be 'the next one' according to peter monologuwe anyway.

aw

tenaka2

:lol:

This pic says it all.

Fable 1 is the best by a MIIIILLE. Fable 2 is actually alright but I wouldn't touch Fable 3 with a barge pole after what I've heard.

Fable 2 does have the dog though so that's a plus.

#9 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (19818 posts) -
Fable 2 was just awful. Whoever voted for it is trolling like crazy.
#10 Posted by joel_c17 (2861 posts) -
Fable 2 was so so horrible
#11 Posted by Dark_Knight6 (16619 posts) -

Fable Lost Chapters. There's not even a competition here.

#12 Posted by SauceKing (685 posts) -

i liked fable 2 alot more than fable 1... there was a lot more to do and see. Fable 3 didnt seem like enough of an improvement.

the people that liked fable 1 better i guess like less variety in their game?

#13 Posted by ohthemanatee (8104 posts) -
I personally think Fable 2 is one of the best games this gen :| (yes, I'm serious)
#14 Posted by Lucianu (9443 posts) -

(yes, I'm serious)ohthemanatee

This really is a example of how miraculously different preferance is between each person.

#15 Posted by SauceKing (685 posts) -

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"] (yes, I'm serious)Lucianu

This really is a example of how miraculously different preferance is between each person.

i agree as do all my friends... i literally had to fight for time over the 360 to play fable 2... as they all wanted to come over and play it.

#16 Posted by Am_Confucius (3376 posts) -

I personally think Fable 2 is one of the best games this gen :| (yes, I'm serious)ohthemanatee

What the...

#17 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"] (yes, I'm serious)Lucianu

Tell me about it.

I loved Fable 1 and when I finally got an Xbox 360 I blindly went out and got Fable 2, assuming it'd be even better.I even got the "Game of the Year Edition":lol:. Didn't look at any reviews, hear any opinions.

And I was very disappointed. The games have wonderful charm, humour and artstyle but the gameplay, story, environments and basically everything else in Fable 2 couldn't touch Fable 1.

I don't think it's terrible at all though, like some people like to say. 7.5 is what it deserves I reckon.

#18 Posted by soulitane (13603 posts) -

i liked fable 2 alot more than fable 1... there was a lot more to do and see. Fable 3 didnt seem like enough of an improvement.

the people that liked fable 1 better i guess like less variety in their game?

SauceKing
It was quite a different game, the first game wasn't exactly hard but the second game made everything so much easier. The second game also had more bugs some of which they said they would patch and didn't or it took months to get patched. Less variety in weapons, no armor (also very little variety in clothes), anything but a gun was essentially pointless for combat, characters all looked horrendous when levelled up. Fable 2 did have a bigger world and it did do some things better but it really felt worse than fable 1 and fable 3 obviously was by far the worst.
#19 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

Fable 3 personally loved the voice acting and the artstyle sure it was a pretty easy game but it had some of the best VA this gen especially if you grew up with British comedy.

#20 Posted by soulitane (13603 posts) -

Fable 3 personally loved the voice acting and the artstyle sure it was a pretty easy game but it had some of the best VA this gen especially if you grew up with British comedy.

razgriz_101
That's one of the things the Fable series has always had, great voice actors (or at least I think since it's been a while since I played the first).
#21 Posted by ohthemanatee (8104 posts) -

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]I personally think Fable 2 is one of the best games this gen :| (yes, I'm serious)Am_Confucius

What the...

Lucianu

sorry, I just really enjoyed goofing around in the cities, get married, have kids, kill my wife and get a new one :P

I bought every building in the game (including the castle) and bought furniture for all of them

did the combat suck? yep

did I have fun just going around and doing random stuff in the cities? Hell Yes

#22 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

razgriz_101

Yeah true. I'm never going to play Fable 3 at this point which is disappointing because I never actually believed anything with John Cleese in it could actually be considered bad or merely okay.

#23 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

balfe1990

Yeah true. I'm never going to play Fable 3 at this point which is disappointing because I never actually believed anything with John Cleese in it could actually be considered bad or merely okay.

you can get it for like a tenner off amazon or in gamestation nowadays its woth a tenner tbh :P

#24 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

razgriz_101

you can get it for like a tenner off amazon or in gamestation nowadays its woth a tenner tbh :P

Ah maybe. I played the demo briefly and wasn't exactly sure if it was my cup of tea or not. I may give it a lash at some point.

If I don't like it you owe me a tenner.:x

#25 Posted by razgriz_101 (16871 posts) -

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

balfe1990

Ah maybe. I played the demo briefly and wasn't exactly sure if it was my cup of tea or not. I may give it a lash at some point.

If I don't like it you owe me a tenner.:x

haha :P i owe my mum £50 til tomorrow to go out clubbing tonight and i get paid at midnight so you will probably have to wait a while xD.

#26 Posted by Eric_Drav3n (2729 posts) -

Fable 1 is the only good one, the other 2 pretty much suck

#27 Posted by sukraj (23040 posts) -

Fable

#28 Posted by dovberg (3348 posts) -

if you have the option you might want Fable 3 for PC because it has a hard mode.