Whats gonna happen to the X1?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by leandrro (787 posts) -

in a near future games will get much more demanding

just like what happened in last gen all console games will start using 720p 30fps (last gen most were sub 720p and sub 30fps)

and will use PC low settings just like ever

whats going to be of X1 when PS4 games start being released as 720p 30fps?

devs will skip the x1 just like they did with wii despite the gigantic installed base or they will make games in very lvery low settings for the x1?

#2 Edited by lostrib (33376 posts) -

You're a PC fanboy, why do you care?

#3 Posted by leandrro (787 posts) -

@lostrib: im no PC fanboy since unlike you i had all the last gen consoles and still plan to buy a used wii u for 100 dollars, but im trying to help and save lem's money

#4 Edited by lostrib (33376 posts) -

@leandrro said:

@lostrib: im no PC fanboy since unlike you i had all the last gen consoles and still plan to buy a used wii u for 100 dollars, but im trying to help and save lem's money

Just because you own the other consoles, doesn't mean you're not a fanboy

#5 Edited by lglz1337 (3116 posts) -
#6 Edited by leandrro (787 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@leandrro said:

thats what fanboys are, people that love a product and defend it against other products they dont really know, spend a lot of money in the concurrent product is the proof of not being a fanboy

#7 Posted by leandrro (787 posts) -

my personal opinion is that with a smaller installed base it will be much easier to avoid x1 then it was to avoid wii, x1 will become a exclusives only console

#8 Edited by GameMediator (69 posts) -

Developers will understand the hardware better. Direct X 11.2 will get released. Games will utilize the power of the Cloud. Xbox one exclusives will have better graphics/gameplay features and Cows will then purchase it when their is a price drop and new slim model. Because as of now COWS are to ignorant and cheap to appreciate the console for what it is. Instead they judge it on its design, price, and inability to handle multiplats at 60 fps at 1080p at launch.

#9 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6061 posts) -

We have been over this. The console wasn't ready to ship and as a result, drivers, updates and damage control are all going on to finish the damn thing.

The system will get better with every update. January sales are no worse than the PS3 started out. Microsoft has time and a ton of great games coming. 720p upscaled and 30fps don't make it broken. The future games will be great, probably at the end of the year though.

#10 Edited by TwistedShade (3139 posts) -

Nothing is going to happen, developers worked with a LOT weaker systems last gen, they aren't going to completely abandon the Xbox One if games do end up being more demanding.

Although if anything I would be worried that developers just decide to abandon the PS4 and the Xbox One, given how powerful mobile hardware is increasingly becoming, not to mention PC's.

#11 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5653 posts) -

Developers will understand the hardware better. Direct X 11.2 will get released. Games will utilize the power of the Cloud. Xbox one exclusives will have better graphics/gameplay features and Cows will then purchase it when their is a price drop and new slim model. Because as of now COWS are to ignorant and cheap to appreciate the console for what it is. Instead they judge it on its design, price, and inability to handle multiplats at 60 fps at 1080p at launch.

Agree with this to an extent... People who are writing off XB1 already are just fanboys, or they are ignorant. Both will sell heaps of consoles.

#12 Edited by edwardecl (1998 posts) -

You are assuming that most games are not developed with consoles as the main priority. They will pick either 1080p 60 or 1080p 30 on PS4 for the most part and then provide ports for PC and Xbox One which will increase textures and number objects and LOD pop in for PC with the aim of higher than 1080p in mind, and provide resolutions between 720p and 1080p for Xbox One.

I mean look at games like Battlefield 4 on PC, the maps look like last gen games on console (flat, lifeless) with higher res textures plastered over the very flat surfaces, in my opinion it looks like shit no matter what res it's at, sure it has some cool effects smeared on it but you can tell it's not written with PC as the main focus, there will be more of that.

#13 Posted by lostrib (33376 posts) -
#14 Posted by always_explicit (2661 posts) -

Nothing will happen to the X1. It will remain a competitive console for the entirety of the generation because it will acquire a massive install base.

Contrary to the misconceptions banded around SW a console does not have to be the best seller to be

A) profitable to the company who manufactured it

B) an enjoyable investment.

If we consider the previous gen was a decade in length these consoles are barely out of the womb, PS4 started strongly but there is potentially 9 and a half years left for these giants to battle it out. I will not buy a PS4 until it becomes and interesting and diverse console with games like Crash Bandicoot....not Knack.

#15 Posted by lostrib (33376 posts) -

@leandrro said:

@lostrib said:

@leandrro said:

thats what fanboys are, people that love a product and defend it against other products they dont really know, spend a lot of money in the concurrent product is the proof of not being a fanboy

There's plenty of people on this board that have multiple platforms, or at least claim to, and still act like fanboys

#16 Edited by BigBadBully (571 posts) -

Good things are happening for the Xbox One. March 11 we'll be playing the next big thing this year along with PC players. The bigger question, what will the PS4 do if they don't get any exclusives out. Will Infamous Second Son be worthy of "the next big thing" or will PS4 owners have to keep waiting.

#17 Posted by StormyJoe (4759 posts) -
#18 Posted by hoyalawya (340 posts) -

The Xbox One will automatically self-destruct with the secret NSA code.

#19 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13122 posts) -

They're heading to the landfill en masse as we speak.

Nobody wants this shit, my local target is getting rather sick of keeping them stocked.

#20 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (8288 posts) -

@gamemediator said:

Agree with this to an extent... People who are writing off XB1 already are just fanboys, or they are ignorant. Both will sell heaps of consoles.

Unfortunately you're one of very few, lonely voices in the jungle. It was refreshing to hear what you've said, though.

#21 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Nobody wants this shit, my local target is getting rather sick of keeping them stocked.

Same here. People are tripping all over the mountains of Xbones at my local Best Buy.

#22 Edited by killzowned24 (7298 posts) -

xbone wont exist by then and will be dreamcasted.

#23 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13122 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Same here. People are tripping all over the mountains of Xbones at my local Best Buy.

I actually talked to one of the guys in charge within the electronics department and he was extremely candid with me about it. They want to just remove the xbox section of the store space and put more ps4's because those are actually selling, lol.

#24 Posted by NFJSupreme (5129 posts) -

Do cows really think future games are going to struggle on the ps4? Oh man you guys are in for a rude awakening.

#25 Edited by silversix_ (13912 posts) -

1- The Xbox One will unlock 10% of its power for developers to use.

2- Microsoft is working on secret drivers that they will unleash upon PS4 which is supposed to increase the system's performance by 30% (10%+30%=?... 40%!)

3- Optimization. Microsoft has the smartest engineers in the world, they will be able to program to the metal like no one else.

4- Xbox One uses DX. Every game that supports DX will run better on the system because its made by Microsoft and this is a Microsoft system.

5- Remember about those best engineers in the world i talked about? That's right! There is a 2nd gpu AND a cpu inside Xbox One (the 2nd gpu alone makes the PS4 irrelevant, now imagine a 2nd cpu! WOW!) but its so well hidden that unless you work for Microsoft you wouldn't be able to find them (this is the reason why no one fund the 'secret sauce' *YET*).

2014 will be the year of Microsoft's complete domination with games such as Halo 5, Forza Horizon 2, Halo 2: next generation edition, kinect sports 2 (this game will make REAL use of Kinect this time around) and many many more exclusives like Titanfall and Call of Duty/Battlefield dlc's that are first available exclusively on the Xbox One.

#26 Posted by Shielder7 (5139 posts) -
#27 Edited by Heil68 (43258 posts) -

For me primarily for exclusives and an occasional multi plat.

#28 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

Since it already lost the gen then it can't last very long. I give it two years tops since xboners are slow learners.

#29 Posted by MonsieurX (29234 posts) -

@juarbles said:

Since it already lost the gen then it can't last very long. I give it two years tops since xboners are slow learners.

It already did?

Can you lend me your crystal ball?

#30 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3663 posts) -

2- Microsoft is working on secret drivers that they will unleash upon PS4 which is supposed to increase the system's performance by 30% (10%+30%=?... 40%!)

3- Optimization. Microsoft has the smartest engineers in the world, they will be able to program to the metal like no one else.

4- Xbox One uses DX. Every game that supports DX will run better on the system because its made by Microsoft and this is a Microsoft system.

5- Remember about those best engineers in the world i talked about? That's right! There is a 2nd gpu AND a cpu inside Xbox One (the 2nd gpu alone makes the PS4 irrelevant, now imagine a 2nd cpu! WOW!) but its so well hidden that unless you work for Microsoft you wouldn't be able to find them (this is the reason why no one fund the 'secret sauce' *YET*).

2014 will be the year of Microsoft's complete domination with games such as Halo 5, Forza Horizon 2, Halo 2: next generation edition, kinect sports 2 (this game will make REAL use of Kinect this time around) and many many more exclusives like Titanfall and Call of Duty/Battlefield dlc's that are first available exclusively on the Xbox One.

Why do I believe that you actually believe the Xbox One has an additional 40% more power that will "unleashed?" lol... that isn't going to happen. It doesn't matter too much though. I'm sure with some driver optimization or some strange tricks they will be successful with the X1. 40% though? You are dreaming. Do you also believe the cloud will give an additional 300%?

#31 Posted by Silent-Assasin7 (1495 posts) -

The XBO is off to a slower start than PS4, sure, but, consider these facts:

1) it is 100 dollars more expensive

2) It is launching with a peripheral that has caused a lot of controversy since the beginning.

3) There have been a lot of issues at MS, with policy changes and bad press galore.

4) It's hardware is less powerful than the PS4's.

5) It's clearly having some sort of driver/optimization issues.

And despite these things, it's still selling better than the 360 did. It's still competitive. Over time the price will lower, MS will change its philosophy to better suit the market demand, devs will iron out driver issues, and more games will be released for it. Sony, on the other hand, really doesn't have anywhere to go. Their entire marketing campaign has simply been, "Heh, see those silly guys making fools of themselves? That's not us". But, aside from not being MS, what does the PS4 have going for it? No games, minimal features (less than 360 and PS3), and no distinguishing characteristics. It's just a PS3 with better hardware and a new controller. A very typical and safe upgrade. The XBO has room to grow, and I believe we've yet to see Kinect's potential. Don't count MS out of the fight yet. PS3 had a rocky start too and it caught back up because it started introducing great features like PS Plus, and Sony started releasing some high quality first party titles. There's absolutely no reason MS couldn't do the same this gen.

#32 Posted by silversix_ (13912 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Why do I believe that you actually believe the Xbox One has an additional 40% more power that will "unleashed?" lol... that isn't going to happen. It doesn't matter too much though. I'm sure with some driver optimization or some strange tricks they will be successful with the X1. 40% though? You are dreaming. Do you also believe the cloud will give an additional 300%?

No i don't believe the cloud can achieve such high percentages but i wouldn't be surprised if it boosted Xbox one performance by at least 80 additional percent. in 2-3 years from now we're looking at 80+10+30. That is a magnificent 120% increase!!! PS4 stands no chance when those drivers are refined by the best engineers in the world.

#33 Posted by blamix99 (1622 posts) -

the X1 will be 480p 10-20fps soon