What's going to happen when the Wii's marketshare > PS3 + 360 combined ???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jedigemini
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

I speak of the Wii's marketshare being greater than that of the 360 and PS3 combined.

This is a very realistic possibility (in my opinion a dead certainty).

What do you think will happen?

Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Carmilla31
Member since 2005 • 3335 Posts
If that happens then motion sensing controllers will be the standard in every console, like how analog and shoulder buttons became standard. You can guarantee that.
spinecaton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 spinecaton
Member since 2003 • 8986 Posts
If that happens, you will make 20 threads about it all slightly similar. That is my prediction
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

If that happens then motion sensing controllers will be the standard in every console, like how analog and shoulder buttons became standard. You can guarantee that.Carmilla31

even if Nintendo does not win I think motion is here to stay and that it will not me long before M$ joins in

Nex_Ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nex_Ownage
Member since 2004 • 4753 Posts

This gen, Wii will have excellent 3rd party support. More and More 3rd party publishers will be focusing on casual games.

Next gen, Sony and MS's next gen system won't have alot of technical up-grades, instead each will have it's own waggle wand.

Ragnarok1051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ragnarok1051
Member since 2007 • 20238 Posts

This gen, Wii will have excellent 3rd party support. More and More 3rd party publishers will be focusing on casual games.

Next gen, Sony and MS's next gen system won't have alot of technical up-grades, instead each will have it's own waggle wand.

Nex_Ownage

I hope not, I don't like the whole motion controllers. I wish they would go away like TC's threads.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#7 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
I'm as wooly as the next sheep, but i dont think we should get that far ahead of ourselves. I mean, it's nice that wii is doing well, and it looks like it will be the sales king by 2008, but you're stacking up a lot for the wii to do. It's like those people who say that the wii will sell 100 million. hold on there buddy....
darthogre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 darthogre
Member since 2006 • 5082 Posts

I speak of the Wii's marketshare being greater than that of the 360 and PS3 combined.

This is a very realistic possibility (in my opinion a dead certainty).

What do you think will happen?

jedigemini

Hard question to answer. I suppose it depends how that marketshare buys games. What if a lot of the people who own a Wii only buy a game once a year? Reading stories of retired men/women buying and using the Wii won't really encourage developers to make mature aduience games either. Maybe they will make games that can keep your heart rate up lol.

I just don't know whats going to happen, specially when I heard a Nintendo rep say Zelda didn't sale as good as it should because the Wii installed base it much different than previously....meaning devs shouldn'tsuddenly lifttheir expectations of what your title is going to sale just because their installed base is big. It all depends what your installed base is looking to play. Right now I'm not sure what the Wii installed users are looking for. But if Cooking Mama is doing great......that could be a good indication of what Wii owners are looking for (possibly).

DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts

Lemmings and cows are already in denial that the Wii is going to be the number one system this gen. The 360 doesnt have Japan and all the Japanese made games for it will flop in sales, Blue Dragon already did.Not to mentionthe 360has the red lights of death and a jet engine fan, plus it consumes more electricity.The PS3 is expensive and doesnt have any games and a lot less 3rd party developer support then the Wii has. Face it cows and lemmings, you have already lost the race. The so called gimmick console is going to win and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Enjoy fighting for second place with all your multiplats and PC ports. :lol:

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts

Nex_Ownage

actually i hope that's what happens. I like motion sensing and reasonable prices for gaming. the 360 and ps3 went too powerful too early. they didn't have the memory to really back the systems up. but the next gen they'll probably only upgrade a little and the biggest increase should be the memory. 512 for both textures and the game is just tiny.

DSgamer64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 DSgamer64
Member since 2007 • 4449 Posts

[QUOTE="Carmilla31"]If that happens then motion sensing controllers will be the standard in every console, like how analog and shoulder buttons became standard. You can guarantee that.HarlockJC

even if Nintendo does not win I think motion is here to stay and that it will not me long before M$ joins in

Nintendo owns the company who makes motion sensors for their controllers, they were the leading developer in motion technology and Nintendo legally owns 51% of the company so any chance of Sony or M$ trying to copy the Wiimotewill result in lawsuits galore for copyright infringement, even the technology in a controller idea is under patent, no one is legally allowed to use motion controls in a controller without infringing on the patent.

LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#12 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

MS is only concerned with selling more than the PS3. Or at least taking away a ton of marketshare from Sony.

Both of which are highly possible for the x360.

mijkil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mijkil
Member since 2004 • 546 Posts

Lemmings and cows are already in denial that the Wii is going to be the number one system this gen. The 360 doesnt have Japan and all the Japanese made games for it will flop in sales, Blue Dragon already did.Not to mentionthe 360has the red lights of death and a jet engine fan, plus it consumes more electricity.The PS3 is expensive and doesnt have any games and a lot less 3rd party developer support then the Wii has. Face it cows and lemmings, you have already lost the race. The so called gimmick console is going to win and there is nothing you can do to stop it. Enjoy fighting for second place with all your multiplats and PC ports. :lol:

DSgamer64

Damn, this is really gonna effect my enjoyment of all the awesome AAA titles i can look forward to on those platforms.

Perhaps when youve finished playing the "wii sales" game, youll realise that theres very little else to play on that hunk of junk you call a next gen console.

MM555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MM555
Member since 2006 • 1539 Posts

The wii is a GIMMICK...get over it sheep. We will look back at your console one day and laugh at its inferiority. (Just like we laugh at the Gamecube and the Dreamcast)

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]

[QUOTE="Carmilla31"]If that happens then motion sensing controllers will be the standard in every console, like how analog and shoulder buttons became standard. You can guarantee that.DSgamer64

Nintendo owns the company who makes motion sensors for their controllers, they were the leading developer in motion technology and Nintendo legally owns 51% of the company so any chance of Sony or M$ trying to copy the Wiimotewill result in lawsuits galore for copyright infringement, even the technology in a controller idea is under patent, no one is legally allowed to use motion controls in a controller without infringing on the patent.

Using infrered technology. But this companypredates the Wii...unless Nintendo's willing to go to court against these guys.
HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts
[QUOTE="HarlockJC"]

[QUOTE="Carmilla31"]If that happens then motion sensing controllers will be the standard in every console, like how analog and shoulder buttons became standard. You can guarantee that.DSgamer64

but they could still do something like what Sony has done

Trading_Zoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 Trading_Zoner
Member since 2007 • 4100 Posts
Sorry kid, that's never gonna happen.
NorthlandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 NorthlandMan
Member since 2007 • 2302 Posts

what going to hapen next year?

nothing much i'll bet

jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jedigemini
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts
Sorry kid, that's never gonna happen.Trading_Zoner
It's already happening. Last month in NA the Wii outsold the PS3 and 360 combined by 100, 000 units... and it japan its outselling the PS3 and 360 combined by a staggering 5:1 ratio.
Sarge1442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sarge1442
Member since 2004 • 709 Posts

The wii is a GIMMICK...get over it sheep. We will look back at your console one day and laugh at its inferiority. (Just like we laugh at the Gamecube and the Dreamcast)

MM555

if you laugh at the dreamcast you don't deserve to be a gamer that system rocked.

PDark_Prodigy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PDark_Prodigy
Member since 2005 • 566 Posts

Nobody knows, but its a bad deal for sony and ms either way because next gen if sony and ms try to impliment motion sensor controls I bet a lot of causuals will say its just a hack of Nintendo's ideas, Unless Sony or MS can market it flawlessly.

Who knows

HuusAsking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HuusAsking
Member since 2006 • 15270 Posts

Nobody knows, but its a bad deal for sony and ms either way because next gen if sony and ms try to impliment motion sensor controls I bet a lot of causuals will say its just a hack of Nintendo's ideas, Unless Sony or MS can market it flawlessly.

Who knows

PDark_Prodigy
Or go one higher--like a wearable controller (ie. gloves) that responds much more finely to your hand and finger movements.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
Sony and Microsoft aren't going to suddenly up and add Wiimotes to their system just because Nintendo did well with it - get real Nintendo fans. What point would be accomplished in Sony / Microsoft following a "Mii Too" (business humor) strategy? How would that make them appeal more to their fanbase?

Nintendo fans aren't going to buy a Microsoft product just because it acts like a Nintendo product. Next generation we might see tilt controls become standard, we'll see, but more likely we're going to see Sony / Microsoft pushing for digital distribution and other media functionality once again.
MM555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MM555
Member since 2006 • 1539 Posts
[QUOTE="MM555"]

Sarge1442

if you laugh at the dreamcast you don't deserve to be a gamer that system rocked.

HA HA Dreamcast. Come on! They had HORRIBLE SALES. (And I have a gamecube, and I was very DISAPPOINTED. I used to be a huge nintendo fan until that piece of trash console was put on the market.)

flinnha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#25 flinnha
Member since 2006 • 1890 Posts
[QUOTE="Sarge1442"][QUOTE="MM555"]

MM555

HA HA Dreamcast. Come on! They had HORRIBLE SALES. (And I have a gamecube, and I was very DISAPPOINTED. I used to be a huge nintendo fan until that piece of trash console was put on the market.)

You could use the same logic on the PS3 then couldn't you, it sucks because it's not selling well? No. It's simply not what the market is demanding right now.

The Dreamcast was an amazing machine, its a shame Sega didn't have the backing to keep it going. I hate to see any console die, more competitors means companies are trying harder to create better products. Welcome to capitalism.

Sarge1442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sarge1442
Member since 2004 • 709 Posts

I know dreamcast had a ton of awesome great games i ahte that i sold it i really do.The cube was a good system i mean it had a great lsit of titles its about games not about sales.