What you can get for ps4 money in a pc

  • 150 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
#1 Edited by evildead6789 (7431 posts) -

Just so you realize what a ripoff the ps4 and X1 actually are, i made you a pc that can do exactly the same and a lot more for the same price

Well actually it's 5$ more, but the cpu beats the crap out of the ps4 cpu (or the x1 one). Best part is , you can overclock the cpu lol.

and sadly you'll need a joystick or keyboard and mouse, but that's costs 20 $ as well.

oh yeah and a hdmi cable, but t doubt that comes with the ps4 as well lol

cpu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113328

80 $

motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128699

34$

ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820313416

70$

case and psu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147010

50 $

gpu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121855R

120$

harddrive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5AD1S71978

40 $

optical drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106276

22$

EDIT: one side note, this system is backwards compatible with games till... hmm 1970

and uses 150 watts, in full stress... Can the ps4 match that?

#2 Edited by SolidTy (42422 posts) -

How much is the OS? Did you forget to add that in?

BTW: You said "oh yeah and a hdmi cable, but t doubt that comes with the ps4 as well lol". PS4/Xbone come with HDMI cords.

#3 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4392 posts) -

#4 Edited by MonsieurX (29487 posts) -

#5 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10321 posts) -

Or you could(should) spend around $1000 and get a proper gaming PC.

#6 Posted by Shielder7 (5151 posts) -

What you can get for ps4 money!

Answer: One Butt Hurt Lemming Hiding behind a hermit disguise.

#7 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1362 posts) -

Why would you spend poor PS4 money on PC, use more.

It's a better system and worth spending the extra dough. If you can't cough it up don't bother.

#8 Posted by lundy86_4 (42979 posts) -

Another leandrro build?

#9 Posted by inb4uall (5343 posts) -

3 sticks of 2gb ram. Motherboard has two ram slots. TC is a moron.

#10 Edited by MonsieurX (29487 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

3 sticks of 2gb ram. Motherboard has two ram slots. TC is a moron.

#11 Posted by tormentos (17069 posts) -

Just so you realize what a ripoff the ps4 and X1 actually are, i made you a pc that can do exactly the same and a lot more for the same price

Well actually it's 20$ more, but the cpu beats the crap out of the ps4 cpu (or the x1 one). Best part is , you can overclock the cpu lol.

and sadly you'll need a joystick or keyboard and mouse, but that's costs 20 $ as well.

oh yeah and a hdmi cable, but t doubt that comes with the ps4 as well lol

cpu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113328

80 $

motherboard: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157482

53$

ram: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231223

65$

case and psu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147010

50 $

gpu: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121855R

120$

harddrive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5AD1S71978

40 $

optical drive: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827106276

22$

EDIT: one side note, this system is backwards compatible with games till... hmm 1970

Drop that sad ass PSU it can lead to problems,hell that one is worse than the 400 watts in the other thread.

Where the fu** is windows.

Key board mouse my PS4 comes with a controller you know.?

That is a DVD drive not a Blu-ray drive like my PS4.

Where is the wifi adapter like in my PS4.

#12 Posted by Heirren (16509 posts) -

@SolidTy:

Not just the OS, but a controller? A keyboard, too; that's required to get a pc up and running.

#13 Posted by tormentos (17069 posts) -

What you can get for ps4 money!

Answer: One Butt Hurt Lemming Hiding behind a hermit disguise.

Yep he was pretending to be one right now on another thread,but at the same time talking gibberish about the xbox one super fast and super secret ESRAM hidden Powah...lol

#14 Edited by BldgIrsh (1596 posts) -

@tormentos said:

Drop that sad ass PSU it can lead to problems,hell that one is worse than the 400 watts in the other thread.

Where the fu** is windows.

Key board mouse my PS4 comes with a controller you know.?

That is a DVD drive not a Blu-ray drive like my PS4.

Where is the wifi adapter like in my PS4.

Come on tomato... you should know by now that a PC does not need a blu-ray drive <.<

Anyways, this computer build is meh anyways. Go big or buy a console jesus.

#15 Edited by Chutebox (36581 posts) -

I love how every single of of these stupid threads forgets an OS.

Just read thread, I love it!

#16 Edited by evildead6789 (7431 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

3 sticks of 2gb ram. Motherboard has two ram slots. TC is a moron.

oh yeah that's right , thank for that

now it's only 5$ more

I still had to double check the parts, but heck you get the point don't you

#17 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13387 posts) -

You completely disregard the fact that Ps4 is getting games PC won't have.

That alone kills your argument.

Just own a pc and a console or two, it's not a difficult solution.

#18 Posted by 22Toothpicks (11279 posts) -

What I learned from the OP 1) TC is a moron 2) The PS4 is actually a pretty decent bang for your buck purchase....PC is still superior though.

#19 Posted by Cranler (8705 posts) -
@inb4uall said:

3 sticks of 2gb ram. Motherboard has two ram slots. TC is a moron.

Plus 8gb could be the min real soon. PC games have always needed a lot more ram than the consoles.

#20 Posted by wolverine4262 (19028 posts) -

I do not like that build. $800 is a more reasonable target for a gaming PC.

#21 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3842 posts) -

that is a horrible build. there is no way u can currently create a pc that is the same price as ps4 because sony can subsidise the cost of the hardware through software/ps+ sales

#22 Posted by commonfate (12252 posts) -

Fad threads are bad threads.

LOCKED

#23 Posted by Shielder7 (5151 posts) -

that is a horrible build. there is no way u can currently create a pc that is the same price as ps4 because sony can subsidise the cost of the hardware through software/ps+ sales

Actually it's an impossible build unless he wants to solder the 3rd ram stick right onto the motherboard......

But we better not give him any ideas.

#24 Posted by evildead6789 (7431 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

that is a horrible build. there is no way u can currently create a pc that is the same price as ps4 because sony can subsidise the cost of the hardware through software/ps+ sales

Actually it's an impossible build unless he wants to solder the 3rd ram stick right onto the motherboard......

But we better not give him any ideas.

i guess you're late

something that you're used to lol

#25 Posted by evildead6789 (7431 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

3 sticks of 2gb ram. Motherboard has two ram slots. TC is a moron.

but dude, you're too late, i already edited my post

ages ago

#26 Posted by Shielder7 (5151 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

that is a horrible build. there is no way u can currently create a pc that is the same price as ps4 because sony can subsidise the cost of the hardware through software/ps+ sales

Actually it's an impossible build unless he wants to solder the 3rd ram stick right onto the motherboard......

But we better not give him any ideas.

i guess you're late

something that you're used to lol

I'd rather be late than wrong, something you would be used to if you weren't in denial about it.

#27 Posted by tormentos (17069 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

Come on tomato... you should know by now that a PC does not need a blu-ray drive <.<

Anyways, this computer build is meh anyways. Go big or buy a console jesus.

To watch Blu-ray movies yes you do,and since the argument here is quality netflix and other streamers just don't match the quality of Blu-ray in both picture and sound.

#28 Posted by lostrib (34311 posts) -

I wouldn't overclock too much with that motherboard

#29 Posted by evildead6789 (7431 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@Shielder7 said:
@ghostwarrior786 said:

that is a horrible build. there is no way u can currently create a pc that is the same price as ps4 because sony can subsidise the cost of the hardware through software/ps+ sales

Actually it's an impossible build unless he wants to solder the 3rd ram stick right onto the motherboard......

But we better not give him any ideas.

i guess you're late

something that you're used to lol

I'd rather be late than wrong, something you would be used to if you weren't in denial about it.

I'm not wrong, i changed my post

you on the other hand , are late

and wrong

#30 Posted by evildead6789 (7431 posts) -

You completely disregard the fact that Ps4 is getting games PC won't have.

That alone kills your argument.

Just own a pc and a console or two, it's not a difficult solution.

you're completely forgetting that the pc has a lot more games than the ps4

a zillion more games lol

#31 Edited by lostrib (34311 posts) -

Jesus, stop fucking editing your post

#32 Posted by evildead6789 (7431 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Jesus, stop fucking editing your post

I just want to give the fanboys something to fight with

only to obliterate it instantly lol

8 gb of ram

7$ more than ps4, and the cpu runs circles around the ps4's lol

#33 Edited by evildead6789 (7431 posts) -

@22Toothpicks said:

What I learned from the OP 1) TC is a moron 2) The PS4 is actually a pretty decent bang for your buck purchase....PC is still superior though.

If i'm a moron then you're a single celled organism.

#34 Edited by lostrib (34311 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Jesus, stop fucking editing your post

I just want to give the fanboys something to fight with

only to obliterate it instantly lol

8 gb of ram

7$ more than ps4, and the cpu runs circles around the ps4's lol

...so you're purposely making your post shitty/wrong so you can edit it later?

and you forgot windows

#35 Edited by evildead6789 (7431 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@evildead6789 said:

@lostrib said:

Jesus, stop fucking editing your post

I just want to give the fanboys something to fight with

only to obliterate it instantly lol

8 gb of ram

7$ more than ps4, and the cpu runs circles around the ps4's lol

...so you're purposely making your post shitty/wrong so you can edit it later?

and you forgot windows

no, but it's not common lately to get such fast replies, that's why lately i edit my post after i post it. Apparently today the site has a lot of visitors

must be that article from the witcher lol

i did change the motherboard again though, since it was the right socket but apperntly that wasn't enough, amd makes it pretty difficult i must say

but the build is good though. People whining about the psu, but the system only uses 150 watts

#37 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2762 posts) -

This thread AGAIN? This is getting old.

And if I had to choose between a $400 PC and a PS4, I would choose PS4.

#38 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13387 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

You completely disregard the fact that Ps4 is getting games PC won't have.

That alone kills your argument.

Just own a pc and a console or two, it's not a difficult solution.

you're completely forgetting that the pc has a lot more games than the ps4

a zillion more games lol

That doesn't change a thing I said. Once again I'm not disputing owning a pc, I'm telling you that you need to own a console if you don't want to be missing out.

And with the consumer reception, the easy bet for the next 5 years or so is that it's going to be the ps4 receiving the brunt of support on the console end.

#39 Edited by farrell2k (5801 posts) -

@evildead6789 said:

EDIT: one side note, this system is backwards compatible with games till... hmm 1970

and uses 150 watts, in full stress... Can the ps4 match that?

Definitely uses more than 150 watts. Maybe I am wrong though, but the cpu alone is 100W.

You can go even faster and save more money. Everything with free shipping.

$10 more gets you a R9 270, which is almost 2x as fast.

$5 cheaper DVD drive.

Ram $1 cheaper.

Case and PSU $15 cheaper + 480 watts.

These little changes more than pay for the R9 270.

#40 Posted by mems_1224 (46503 posts) -

You completely disregard the fact that Ps4 is getting games PC won't have.

lul wut? PS4 only has games already out on PC

#41 Posted by xhawk27 (7229 posts) -

The PS4 uses a form of Linux doesn't it?

#42 Posted by farrell2k (5801 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

The PS4 uses a form of Linux doesn't it?

No. It's custom FreeBSD.

#43 Posted by mems_1224 (46503 posts) -

@inb4uall said:

3 sticks of 2gb ram. Motherboard has two ram slots. TC is a moron.

lmfao

#44 Edited by evildead6789 (7431 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

@evildead6789 said:

EDIT: one side note, this system is backwards compatible with games till... hmm 1970

and uses 150 watts, in full stress... Can the ps4 match that?

Definitely uses more than 150 watts. Maybe I am wrong though, but the cpu alone is 100W.

You can go even faster and save more money. Everything with free shipping.

$10 more gets you a R9 270, which is almost 2x as fast.

$5 cheaper DVD drive.

Ram $1 cheaper.

Case and PSU $15 cheaper + 480 watts.

These little changes more than pay for the R9 270.

yeah , you're probably right, i just made a quick build to prove a point.

50$ more and you already have a lot more quality.

You could be right about the watts though, it took the watts from the x4 740, which is 65. I doubt the 750 uses a 100 w, when you're not overclocking. I'm not sure , I would have to look it up.

edit : without overclocking it's around 80 watts, since the gpu only uses 60 w, i won't be far off 150, probably 160

#45 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13387 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

You completely disregard the fact that Ps4 is getting games PC won't have.

lul wut? PS4 only has games already out on PC

I never would have thought you would have issues with reading comprehension, lul.

#46 Posted by getyeryayasout (7169 posts) -

Great. How much do I have to spend on a PC to get it to play Playstation exclusives?

#47 Posted by xhawk27 (7229 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

The PS4 uses a form of Linux doesn't it?

No. It's custom FreeBSD.

Ok. you can get linux for cheap.

#48 Posted by foxhound_fox (87629 posts) -

All one needs to do is compare the prices between PC and console games to show the generation-long savings more than justifying spending more than a console's cost on a PC (one game per month):

  • 1 year savings: $120
  • 2 year savings: $220
  • 3 year savings: $360
  • 4 year savings: $480
  • 5 year savings: $600
  • 6 year savings: $720
  • 7 year savings: $840
  • 10 year savings: $1200

This doesn't even take into account the Steam sales where games go as cheap as 95% off (average is 50-75%).

For $600 every 5 years, one will have more than enough money to build a PC that will trounce consoles.

#49 Posted by aroxx_ab (9263 posts) -

KB/M for only $20 what crap is that lol

#50 Posted by evildead6789 (7431 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

KB/M for only $20 what crap is that lol

i can give it to you for free if you really need, second handed keyboards everywhere