What would convince you to buy an Xbox One?

• 79 results
Edited 1 month, 26 days ago

Poll: What would convince you to buy an Xbox One? (106 votes)

Better Exclusives 15%
More Exclusives (Not just Timed) 16%
More Timed Exclusives 1%
More and Better TV options. 1%
Free Online (Like PS 3) 5%
Price Cut ($300-$349) 3%
Price Cut ($250-$299) 3%
Price Cut ($200-$249) 8%
Nothing as of Yet 27%
I already own an Xbox One 22%

What would convince you to buy an Xbox One?

#1 Edited by Zidaneski (8453 posts) -

Games that actually appeal to me. If Borderlands 3 is an xbox exclusive then I might get one. Fat chance of that happening so if a similar game was exclusive or maybe Evolve then that would work too.

#2 Posted by commonfate (12263 posts) -

Kinectless

2 controllers

Killer Instinct

Halo

for tree fiddy

#3 Edited by B4X (4269 posts) -

I own 2.

If I was on the fence.. It would be Backwards compatibility through cloud similar to Sony rental service "FREE" or through an add-on peripheral through the USB 3.0 or Ethernet port. The Ethernet is directly feed to the SOC for some reason....WHY!!!

#4 Posted by lostrib (35806 posts) -

Price cut plus interesting non-timed exclusives

#5 Posted by B4X (4269 posts) -

Kinectless

2 controllers

Killer Instinct

Halo

for tree fiddy

See you Black Friday.

#6 Edited by Maddie_Larkin (6473 posts) -

in truth not much can convince me, partly due to the games often shared with my pc, aswell as the slight lack of Space at my tv area since There is a PS4 and a Wii U already.

If it got alot of Unique and interresting exclusives then I might squash them a bit together.

#7 Posted by commonfate (12263 posts) -

@b4x said:

@commonfate said:

Kinectless

2 controllers

Killer Instinct

Halo

for tree fiddy

See you Black Friday.

Not where I live. Cyber Monday maybe

#8 Posted by B4X (4269 posts) -

@b4x said:

@commonfate said:

Kinectless

2 controllers

Killer Instinct

Halo

for tree fiddy

See you Black Friday.

Not where I live. Cyber Monday maybe

Ahh.

#9 Edited by SoftwareGeek (358 posts) -

Sony's PSN network getting hacked! Wait. Oh....hahahaahahaa. Too late. Those fools.

#10 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@b4x said:

I own 2.

If I was on the fence.. It would be Backwards compatibility through cloud similar to Sony rental service "FREE" or through an add-on peripheral through the USB 3.0 or Ethernet port. The Ethernet is directly feed to the SOC for some reason....WHY!!!

Ah FU*CK I forgot about that...........

#11 Posted by Heil68 (43951 posts) -

Bought one around a month after launch

#12 Edited by scottpsfan14 (4719 posts) -

Halo and Gears. Isn't that what Xbox's are for?

#13 Posted by B4X (4269 posts) -

@b4x said:

I own 2.

That's a big one :)

#14 Posted by B4X (4269 posts) -

Come on bro? You can be a bigger dude than that?

:)

#15 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@b4x said:

@Shielder7 said:

@b4x said:

I own 2.

That's a big one :)

I know but I cannot edit it so........

#16 Posted by lamprey263 (23506 posts) -

My biggest obstacle is I just need the expendable income saved up and set aside to get one.

#17 Posted by ni6htmare01 (929 posts) -

Shenmue 3 exclusively for XB1 for me to buy one at this point!

#18 Posted by PapaTrop (844 posts) -

For all three consoles, they'd simply have to be about $50-$100.

$400 is too expensive when the consoles are only providing 1-2 good exclusives a year. Then factor in that $50 yearly subscription. No thanks.

#19 Edited by cainetao11 (17336 posts) -

Already own one. My favorite series is on Xbox, halo. I love it. And the books, comics, animated (not all) entries. I also really enjoy Fable. Yes even 3, which was a step down was still fun to me. When I bought my X1, I wanted to play KI, DR3, QB, SO, Halo 5. I have added FH2 to that list. "but DR3 is on PC now". So? I played it in February when I got the console. WTF does it matter to me? Scalebound, Phantom Dust (I hope its fun) are coming up as well. I like games, and yes, I buy the American company's console first. I still buy a PS every gen because nobody is paying me to ignore great times with games.

#20 Posted by mems_1224 (46963 posts) -

Nothing because I've already been convinced. MCC saw to that.

#21 Posted by NFJSupreme (5295 posts) -

Master chief collection for 30 bucks

#22 Edited by lostrib (35806 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

Dance Central

#23 Edited by heretrix (37343 posts) -

I don't know, but as it sits right now, I couldn't be more disinterested.

#24 Edited by Gue1 (9765 posts) -

free online and even then I doubt I would buy one. I just dislike Xbox and how MS does things with it. Paying to have artificial exclusives that bring nothing new to the table and hardly any variety at all is not my thing. Their premier game is a first person shooter, a genre I detest. And their second one is a dude/bro 3rd person shooter with bulky and ugly characters.

They have no equivalent to the more unique games on PlayStation nor the same support from Japanese devs either. MS will not even be at this year's TGS because you know they will hardly have anything to show that would make the JPN audience interested on their shit.

#25 Posted by scottpsfan14 (4719 posts) -
@b4x said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Come on bro? You can be a bigger dude than that?

:)

What do you mean? Halo is one of my favorite game franchises. Halo 3 is God tier. Gears 1 blew me away so bad in it's day. But I'd define the Xbox brand with those two games. Just like ND games for PlayStation. Or perhaps earlier on with Ratchet & Clank etc.

I'll be picking up the XB1 for Halo and Gears. Not gonna lie. I'll probably end up picking up Sunset Overdrive and FH2 while i'm at it though.

#26 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25644 posts) -

Better/more exclusives...say, 10 or more.

A slim model with a much bigger HDD around £250.

GWG needs to improve. Free/paid online doesn't matter to me at all now that PS+ & GWG are a thing.

^This could all happen and I might not bite. I may not feel the need for more than 1 console this time round.

#27 Posted by delta3074 (18096 posts) -

Nothing would get me to buy an Xbone at the MO and nothing Bar a new fear effect title would get me to buy a Ps4 either, The Wii might be the weakest console on the market but as far as games go it's a greater 'must have' than either the Xbone or the Ps4.

#28 Posted by Bardock47 (5272 posts) -

If the xbox was backwards compatible, I would already have one. After fixing the BS policies, I would have been all on board for it too if it was BC. As is though, I probably won't be getting till Halo 5 releases.

#29 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (1946 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Price cut plus interesting non-timed exclusives

Pretty much. Same as the PS4.

All i need a good exclusive selection i can't get on PC that i feel is worth it, make it 200 euros or less, and i'll buy it.

For now, there's MCC and FH2. If Scalebound turns out good and it doesn't get to PC, the list will be getting good.

#30 Posted by SolidTy (42798 posts) -

I already bought one.

#31 Posted by delta3074 (18096 posts) -

Already own one. My favorite series is on Xbox, halo. I love it. And the books, comics, animated (not all) entries. I also really enjoy Fable. Yes even 3, which was a step down was still fun to me. When I bought my X1, I wanted to play KI, DR3, QB, SO, Halo 5. I have added FH2 to that list. "but DR3 is on PC now". So? I played it in February when I got the console. WTF does it matter to me? Scalebound, Phantom Dust (I hope its fun) are coming up as well. I like games, and yes, I buy the American company's console first. I still buy a PS every gen because nobody is paying me to ignore great times with games.

Wow, 2 people that liked all 3 Fable games on one Site, i thoroughly enjoyed all of them but Fable anniversary is the best because they didn't just improve the graphics it's the lost chapters version which was incredibly hard to get hold of on the original Xbox, Gamestation where the only ones to stock it on release and they only had 2 copies, took me 6 months to get a copy.

#32 Edited by cainetao11 (17336 posts) -

@lostrib: Dance Central

I'm Gonne shake my ass, watch myself.......

#33 Posted by cainetao11 (17336 posts) -

@delta3074: Wow, 2 people that liked all 3 Fable games on one Site, i thoroughly enjoyed all of them but Fable anniversary is the best because they didn't just improve the graphics it's the lost chapters version which was incredibly hard to get hold of on the original Xbox, Gamestation where the only ones to stock it on release and they only had 2 copies, took me 6 months to get a copy.

We are rare, here no doubt. 3 has flaws but I love Albion and the atmosphere, gameplay of the games. I never got anniversary, because although I bought Halo anniversary I don't buy these reissues often. Been looking at it on steam. Think I will get it.

#34 Posted by mave198 (6932 posts) -

Maybe if they repackage the Xbone as a PS4 then maybe.....

TLHBO

#35 Posted by Kenny789 (10232 posts) -

Nothing to be honest. I wouldn't mind one but since most of my friends own a PS4, I think it'd be better to get that so I can game with them.

#36 Posted by Bigboi500 (29611 posts) -

More exclusive games that interest me.

#37 Posted by blamix99 (1822 posts) -

it's not worth 200$+ i'll get one if it gets a lot of exclusives not timed exclusives, and if the price is below 200$

#38 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (995 posts) -

Now that Deadrising 3 and Ryse are coming to PC I realy have no want for an X1.

So I would go with a big price drop at about $250-$300. B/c the Master Chief Collection does look really cool....but other than that...nothing entices me. But i would like to try out the "watch TV while playing games" part of the Xbox....I think thats really cool.

But not worth the asking price right now.

#39 Posted by SakusEnvoy (4289 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Dance Central

Heh, those 3 games combined are really the only reason I still have my 360 and Kinect hooked up.

On one hand, it makes replacing my 360 with a One a pretty easy thing to do (just get a One, Kinect 2, Halo: MCC and Dance Central Spotlight). But then I realized I'd be spending $570 just to replicate my 360, which would be completely pointless.

#40 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

Smaller version
Integrated PSU
Controller with built in battery
Cheaper online
Exclusives worth caring about (not PC multiplats)
No crushed blacks or other effects not written by the game developers

#41 Posted by Daforsaken1 (71 posts) -

Better hardware.

#42 Posted by darkspineslayer (19622 posts) -

A diverse catalog of interesting, not timed, and not shared with PC exclusive games, and a deep price cut.

So as it stands, a several years into next gen kind of purchase.

#43 Edited by PAL360 (26832 posts) -

It would be hard for me to find a reason to get more than one platform, these days. Probably some of my favourite series (Elder Scrolls, GTA, Red Read Redemptin, Mass Effect, etc) being exclusives. Hope it doesnt happen though.

#44 Posted by GamingElite021 (46 posts) -

nothing as of yet

#45 Edited by elkoldo (1042 posts) -

A price drop to 200 bucks with a fine jailbreak, and maybe I'll start thinking about it.

#46 Posted by Heirren (16844 posts) -

Killer Instinct bundle. Retail released game, with the KI fightstick included. $399 price.

#47 Posted by l34052 (3160 posts) -

Nothing, MS can kiss my ass. Its not like they actually care about games or the industry as a whole all they want is money and they'll lie, cheat, steal and whatever else it takes to get it, not from me though.

#48 Posted by Ben-Buja (2910 posts) -

Some Rare titles, a new Banjo Kazooie, Conker or Perfect Dark...

#49 Edited by KingsofQueens (2214 posts) -

Already planned on getting X1 at some point this year, likely by the Holidays.

#50 Posted by bobbetybob (19250 posts) -

Halo collection convinced me. I like Halo but never really played 2 or 3, especially the multiplayer, so I'm looking forward to that. Plus I've been looking for a multiplayer game to just get completely lost in and apart from DOTA nothing's really done it for me lately but I always liked Halo's multiplayer and with 100+ maps that should keep me occupied for a loooong time.