What would convince you to buy a PS4?

Edited 3 months, 29 days ago

Poll: What would convince you to buy a PS4? (67 votes)

Better Exclusives 13%
More Exclusives (Not just Timed) 7%
More Timed Exclusives 0%
More and Better TV options 1%
Free Online (Like PS 3) 4%
Price Cut ($300-$349) 4%
Price Cut ($250-$299) 6%
Price Cut ($200-$249) 6%
Backwards compatibility 7%
Nothing as of Yet 10%
I already own a PS 4 37%

What would convince you to buy a PS4?

#1 Posted by Heil68 (45220 posts) -

I had mine reserved 7 minutes after store opened, after announcement. Got it at midnight launch night.

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (30463 posts) -

Price cut + more\better games

#3 Posted by lostrib (37732 posts) -

Better library of games

#4 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6565 posts) -

I have one, but it certainly could stand to have some better games.

#5 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2908 posts) -

More "not on pc" exclusives and price drop.

Bloodborne's looking awesome, but i need more than 1 game. Maybe in a 3-4 years, hopefully

#6 Edited by melonfarmerz (1189 posts) -

Have one but completely regret it. Should have waited for a price drop. There's no games right now anyways.

#7 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25773 posts) -

More games, exclusive or otherwise

A Dualshock 4 battery life which will survive over 34 button presses.

An SKU with a bigger hard drive and less noise. I hear the buggers can get rather loud.

#8 Posted by gameofthering (10321 posts) -
  • Cheaper price (About £100 reduction)
  • Cheaper games (About £10 - £20 reduction)
  • More games not on PC
  • Free on-line
#9 Posted by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -

Have one. Semi impressed with it. Resogun currently being the funnest game on the system. Or TLOU Remastered. But that doesn't count.

For those on the fence, 2015 is when you should buy a next gen console. If I never had any console until 2015, I'd still pick the PS4 for BloodBorne, Uncharted 4, Ratchet & Clank, WiLD, Rime, and I guess The Order if it shapes up nicely.

But then Xbox has it's perks in 2k15 too. Halo 5, QB, Crackdown, Rise of the Tomb Raider etc. I'm getting the XB1 in 2015 for sure.

#10 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2908 posts) -

@Floppy_Jim said:

More games, exclusive or otherwise

A Dualshock 4 battery life which will survive over 34 button presses.

An SKU with a bigger hard drive and less noise. I hear the buggers can get rather loud.

I've been hearing about this. Is the battery really that weak? How long does it usually last?

#11 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

More games, exclusive or otherwise

A Dualshock 4 battery life which will survive over 34 button presses.

An SKU with a bigger hard drive and less noise. I hear the buggers can get rather loud.

I've been hearing about this. Is the battery really that weak? How long does it usually last?

4h

If you have 2 it's not a problem

#12 Edited by scottpsfan14 (5588 posts) -
@deadline-zero0 said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

More games, exclusive or otherwise

A Dualshock 4 battery life which will survive over 34 button presses.

An SKU with a bigger hard drive and less noise. I hear the buggers can get rather loud.

I've been hearing about this. Is the battery really that weak? How long does it usually last?

The battery life is discustingly weak. About 7-8 hours of none stop gaming. Compare that to like 40 hours of non stop gaming for the 360 pad.

#13 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2908 posts) -

@scottpsfan14: @Shielder7: Thanks for the answers guys. BTW, you know got recharge times too? I know we can obviously leave them overnight, but just in case. Thanks :)

#14 Posted by The_Last_Ride (72445 posts) -

already got one

#15 Posted by NFJSupreme (5379 posts) -

Nothing on the horizon. Maybe if my boy can convince me to hop on destiny. I doubt it though.

#16 Posted by cainetao11 (17748 posts) -

Same reason I got an original Xbox after ps2, a ps3 after 360. Games. Neither is paying me to be an internet cheer leader and to ignore the other consoles when it comes to games I want to play. Infamous SS, kz sf are first up.

#17 Posted by CountBleck12 (22942 posts) -

Well technically I own one already.

#18 Edited by mems_1224 (47282 posts) -

They would have to announce some games that actually look interesting. Not just more Uncharted, Infamous and racing games.

#19 Posted by Heirren (17361 posts) -

Convince me to keep it? Different game design. Less OS. WAY less dlc. Digital versions priced accordingly. Physical versions being actual physical versions. Updates cease to lock out user. Updates done in background.

#20 Posted by heretrix (37425 posts) -

Well one thing I can think of is being able to transport all of my digital purchases from the previous gen over to the new consoles.

One of the main things that set me against the new boxes is the idiotic notion that people should have their consoles from the previous gen still connected after purchasing a new box. There should be a way for all of your digital purchases to carry over. At the very least your PSN or XBL purchases. I can understand AAA games, but the small shit (XBLA/PSN games) should work.

Last gen I owned a PS3, 360 and a Wii. as it stood my set was already getting overcrowded, now after all the cash I spent I'm expected to have to cram another piece of hardware along with those? Really? That's fucking stupid.

#21 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4895 posts) -

well i've seen the graphics, so not that.

games i suppose.

#22 Posted by Netret0120 (2207 posts) -

Uncharted 4 and anything else ND make. GTA 6 and Infamous.

#23 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

Uncharted 4 and Gran Turismo 7 and Bloodbourne (depending on reviews). Any one of those and I will get a PS4.

#24 Edited by watchdogsrules (454 posts) -

i want to own a PS4 because its a good gaming console and its a hell of a lot better than the Xbox One. free online and a price cut would be a bonus.

#25 Posted by xhawk27 (7345 posts) -

@watchdogsrules said:

i want to own a PS4 because its a good gaming console and its a hell of a lot better than the Xbox One. free online and a price cut would be a bonus.

Its not that much better than Xbox One fool!

#26 Posted by AzatiS (7654 posts) -

Bloodborne / UC 4 with a small price cut ( becayse 399euros is more than 500$ )

#27 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7422 posts) -

Stable online support.

#28 Posted by lundy86_4 (43547 posts) -

I'm already convinced. Grabbing a Destiny bundle.

#29 Edited by farrell2k (6371 posts) -

Worthwhile exclusives. After 20 years in gaming, Sony still has nothing really memorable, besides maybe God of War.

#30 Posted by pyro1245 (873 posts) -

Backwards compatibility. More games. Free online.

I still don't like the idea of exclusives. They can suck it.

#31 Edited by wolverine4262 (19394 posts) -

Cheaper system and more games I cant play on my PC.

#32 Posted by slim70 (442 posts) -

Better exclusives. Not just better but new exclusives the PS exclusive lineup is getting old and repetitive. Sony also needs to stop pushing indies as hard as they have because it will eventually be the end of them.

#33 Edited by Mickeyminime (1130 posts) -

PS4 all the way, after all, everyone i know has one :D

Not to mention the PS4 is next gen, it's 100 times better than the Xbox 360.5, I mean the Xbox 1 which has nothing on it

#34 Posted by cainetao11 (17748 posts) -

Need an option for "incoming". Have some non military friends with a ps4, 2 military that have it. Most of my army buds got the X1. We're a pretty "Murcia, first" bunch. So like many Japanese, we buy the home company's console first. But aside from the soldiers that just want to play madden, cod, and big 3rd party games like arkham, many buy both. At least that I know. I think because we like gaming of course, and do not care about this bullshit war enough to deny ourselves great gaming. Now PC? I am trying to get my closest to get into it now.

#35 Posted by PikachuDude860 (878 posts) -

Better exclusives for me. (And better 3rd party games)

My poison was Tearaway, The Order: 1886, Bloodborne, Mortal Kombat X, LittleBigPlanet 3, The Division, Skylanders Trap Team, and that rumored Sonic game. That's enough to justify the purchase for me.

#36 Posted by clr84651 (5487 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

I had mine reserved 7 minutes after store opened, after announcement. Got it at midnight launch night.

Same here, LoL!

#37 Posted by soulitane (13603 posts) -

A drop in price and more/better exclusives.

#38 Edited by Boddicker (2808 posts) -

I already want it and have money set aside to buy it.

I'm just waiting on Sony to release their Holidays SKU. I don't trust a non-Nintendo launch console.

#39 Posted by Kenny789 (10247 posts) -

Already convinced that getting a PS4 will be worth it in the long run. I have the cash but I don't really need or want one right now. Maybe by the holidays or when it gets cheaper or when a nice bundle comes out.

#40 Posted by KingsofQueens (2217 posts) -

None to be honest. Nothing against Sony or the PS4, I just prefer the X1 for reasons:

  1. I prefer the controllers
  2. I prefer the exclusives
  3. Better Online infrastructure
  4. All Multiplats are covered

#41 Edited by SolidTy (43831 posts) -

I own a PS4 along with a Wii U and Xbone.

Even have 3DS, Vita, 360, PS3, Wii, and classic consoles too.

#42 Posted by SolidTy (43831 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

More games, exclusive or otherwise

A Dualshock 4 battery life which will survive over 34 button presses.

An SKU with a bigger hard drive and less noise. I hear the buggers can get rather loud.

I've been hearing about this. Is the battery really that weak? How long does it usually last?

The battery life is discustingly weak. About 7-8 hours of none stop gaming. Compare that to like 40 hours of non stop gaming for the 360 pad.

Don't get a Wii U, that Tablet dies super fast in comparison.

I got the Wii U at launch and the Tablet controller will die before the 3-4 hour BBQ party ends. People are having fun in the livingroom playing Wii U and come in the Backyard to tell me the controller died in the middle of the party. Just a heads up.

#43 Posted by blamix99 (2063 posts) -

already got, playing FFXIV at the moment, while waiting for Destiny,AC Unity, FarCry 4

#44 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (2908 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

More games, exclusive or otherwise

A Dualshock 4 battery life which will survive over 34 button presses.

An SKU with a bigger hard drive and less noise. I hear the buggers can get rather loud.

I've been hearing about this. Is the battery really that weak? How long does it usually last?

The battery life is discustingly weak. About 7-8 hours of none stop gaming. Compare that to like 40 hours of non stop gaming for the 360 pad.

Don't get a Wii U, that Tablet dies super fast in comparison.

I got the Wii U at launch and the Tablet controller will die before the 3-4 hour BBQ party ends. People are having fun in the livingroom playing Wii U and come in the Backyard to tell me the controller died in the middle of the party. Just a heads up.

Can confirm this. Love my WiiU but that battery sucks

#45 Edited by SolidTy (43831 posts) -

@deadline-zero0 said:

@SolidTy said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

@Floppy_Jim said:

More games, exclusive or otherwise

A Dualshock 4 battery life which will survive over 34 button presses.

An SKU with a bigger hard drive and less noise. I hear the buggers can get rather loud.

I've been hearing about this. Is the battery really that weak? How long does it usually last?

The battery life is discustingly weak. About 7-8 hours of none stop gaming. Compare that to like 40 hours of non stop gaming for the 360 pad.

Don't get a Wii U, that Tablet dies super fast in comparison.

I got the Wii U at launch and the Tablet controller will die before the 3-4 hour BBQ party ends. People are having fun in the livingroom playing Wii U and come in the Backyard to tell me the controller died in the middle of the party. Just a heads up.

Can confirm this. Love my WiiU but that battery sucks

Yes, I like it too, but when it comes to controller battery discussions I gotta mention that issue has popped up quite a few times. I never had that problem with the Wii last gen.

It's interesting when talking about social games systems as that's sort of a thing Nintendo focuses on, yet the Wii U has this weakness. Such is the price of that Tablet screen.