What would be the point of owning both a Xbox One and PS4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for OneHumanitarian
OneHumanitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 OneHumanitarian
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
People usually only own one smartphone, one tablet, and usually only one computer as their daily driver? Why do so many gamers buy multiple systems? Now, don't get me wrong because I own a PS3 and 360, but I only play one much more -- my Xbox 360. I can afford to have both a PS4 and Xbox One, but I don't see the point besides exclusives, and the exclusives to multiplatform ratio will be very low as always. Many people have Android phones, but do they own an iPhone too for it's exclusivities such as iTunes and popular games? No. Why isn't this the case with console? First off, games are not a necessity. Games are overpriced entertainment in my opinion, but I love and enjoy them dearly, especially Grand Theft Auto V! Oh my goodness that game is good. Sorry about that. I got distracted, but I don't see a great reason to own more than one home gaming system. One of your systems is likely to not be played as much as another, as this is currently the case with me. Me, I will be getting only Xbox One at this point due to it's online infrastructure and it truly being an all in ONE system. The PS4 is a great game system as well and it's more powerful than the Xbox One, but I care more about features and multiplayer than I do about faster and more efficient RAM. I'm not that technical about it. I know the PS4 will have awesome exclusives like Kingdom Hearts 3, Uncharted 4, and some notable others. I know the Xbox One will have Forza 5, Halo 5, and Titanfall(early). Are a few GOOD/GREAT exclusives a year really worth buying more than one home console? Are people that serious about games? Other than exclusives, there really isn't much reason. I would love to own both a PS4 and Xbox One, but I know I will spend way too much time on the Xbox One and regret my PS4 purchase as I do my PS3 purchase, although they are great systems for gaming. I would like to hear you all's opinions on this matter. Will you be purchasing these two consoles? Why? Do you have two smartphones? Do you have two tablets? Do you have two laptops/desktops? Please, indulge me.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

tldr...

not lvl 10...

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

tldr... not lvl 10...Spartan070

That ^^^^

And this 

infamous%20ss%20concept.png

BK-aashCEAEG1sm-610x831.jpg

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

People usually only own one smartphone, one tablet, and usually only one computer as their daily driver? Why do so many gamers buy multiple systems? Now, don't get me wrong because I own a PS3 and 360, but I only play one much more -- my Xbox 360. I can afford to have both a PS4 and Xbox One, but I don't see the point besides exclusives, and the exclusives to multiplatform ratio will be very low as always. Many people have Android phones, but do they own an iPhone too for it's exclusivities such as iTunes and popular games? No. Why isn't this the case with console? First off, games are not a necessity. Games are overpriced entertainment in my opinion, but I love and enjoy them dearly, especially Grand Theft Auto V! Oh my goodness that game is good. Sorry about that. I got distracted, but I don't see a great reason to own more than one home gaming system. One of your systems is likely to not be played as much as another, as this is currently the case with me. Me, I will be getting only Xbox One at this point due to it's online infrastructure and it truly being an all in ONE system. The PS4 is a great game system as well and it's more powerful than the Xbox One, but I care more about features and multiplayer than I do about faster and more efficient RAM. I'm not that technical about it. I know the PS4 will have awesome exclusives like Kingdom Hearts 3, Uncharted 4, and some notable others. I know the Xbox One will have Forza 5, Halo 5, and Titanfall(early). Are a few GOOD/GREAT exclusives a year really worth buying more than one home console? Are people that serious about games? Other than exclusives, there really isn't much reason. I would love to own both a PS4 and Xbox One, but I know I will spend way too much time on the Xbox One and regret my PS4 purchase as I do my PS3 purchase, although they are great systems for gaming. I would like to hear you all's opinions on this matter. Will you be purchasing these two consoles? Why? Do you have two smartphones? Do you have two tablets? Do you have two laptops/desktops? Please, indulge me.OneHumanitarian

get to level 10 before u make another thread.

HowlPendragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 HowlPendragon
Member since 2013 • 35 Posts

I didn't read your whole post, some line separation would have helped.

But anyway, the only reason I can see for owning 2 consoles that have most games in common (probably not so much next gen) are for the exclusives.

But seeing as Sony has been outdoing MS in amounts of exclusives, exclusives I'm interested in, system performance and innovation (Remote Play is said to do very well between Vita & PS4, PS Vita TV, PS Plus service is amazing, GaiKai sounds like a great and promising service), I predict a lot less people buying both systems this coming gen.

PS360Wii4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PS360Wii4eva
Member since 2010 • 297 Posts
People usually only own one smartphone, one tablet, and usually only one computer as their daily driver? Why do so many gamers buy multiple systems? Now, don't get me wrong because I own a PS3 and 360, but I only play one much more -- my Xbox 360. I can afford to have both a PS4 and Xbox One, but I don't see the point besides exclusives, and the exclusives to multiplatform ratio will be very low as always. Many people have Android phones, but do they own an iPhone too for it's exclusivities such as iTunes and popular games? No. Why isn't this the case with console? First off, games are not a necessity. Games are overpriced entertainment in my opinion, but I love and enjoy them dearly, especially Grand Theft Auto V! Oh my goodness that game is good. Sorry about that. I got distracted, but I don't see a great reason to own more than one home gaming system. One of your systems is likely to not be played as much as another, as this is currently the case with me. Me, I will be getting only Xbox One at this point due to it's online infrastructure and it truly being an all in ONE system. The PS4 is a great game system as well and it's more powerful than the Xbox One, but I care more about features and multiplayer than I do about faster and more efficient RAM. I'm not that technical about it. I know the PS4 will have awesome exclusives like Kingdom Hearts 3, Uncharted 4, and some notable others. I know the Xbox One will have Forza 5, Halo 5, and Titanfall(early). Are a few GOOD/GREAT exclusives a year really worth buying more than one home console? Are people that serious about games? Other than exclusives, there really isn't much reason. I would love to own both a PS4 and Xbox One, but I know I will spend way too much time on the Xbox One and regret my PS4 purchase as I do my PS3 purchase, although they are great systems for gaming. I would like to hear you all's opinions on this matter. Will you be purchasing these two consoles? Why? Do you have two smartphones? Do you have two tablets? Do you have two laptops/desktops? Please, indulge me.OneHumanitarian
Got hit by a wall of text
PS360Wii4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PS360Wii4eva
Member since 2010 • 297 Posts

[QUOTE="Spartan070"]tldr... not lvl 10...R3FURBISHED

That ^^^^

And this 

You gotta be a HUGE Forza fan :) I am too but haven't seen much to have me sold. Not many new tracks yet, only mclaren p1 n ferrari berlinetta. Even porsche is gone again
Serial_Killa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8 Serial_Killa
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="R3FURBISHED"]

[QUOTE="Spartan070"]tldr... not lvl 10...PS360Wii4eva

That ^^^^

And this 

You gotta be a HUGE Forza fan :) I am too but haven't seen much to have me sold. Not many new tracks yet, only mclaren p1 n ferrari berlinetta. Even porsche is gone again

The exact two reasons I am getting both. Wasn't interested in Forza till Bathurst as a track was announced, that's reason enough right there.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

I guess if you really need to play the next Halo games, or Titan Fall is basically the only reason to own an XB1 alongside your beautiful PS4. 

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

Seems everybody else has already explained why this thread is locked. Welcome to Gamespot, but please observe the rule pertaining to System Wars that you must be level 10 to create topics here.