What will you do if PS4 blocks used games?

• 110 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Blazerdt47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 Blazerdt47
Member since 2004 • 5671 Posts

People who say "Well it doesn't matter to me because I buy new games'' Aren't seeing the whole picture. So what about a game that goes out of print?... You cant rent a game before you buy it anymore? Or borrow one from a friend? Or bring a game over a friends house to play it there?

If any sort of restriction lke this is enforced I would not buy their next system. It goes against everything that I love about gaming. Sharing and playing with friends WHO ARE RIGHT NEXT TO YOU.

VendettaRed07

This problem can be solved with games via digital distribution.

DivineSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 DivineSword  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 15840 Posts

Doesn't really bother me since I buy most of my game new when the price drop. Just as long as gamestop doesn't make profit with their used game sales, I am okay with it.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#104 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

[QUOTE="VendettaRed07"]

People who say "Well it doesn't matter to me because I buy new games'' Aren't seeing the whole picture. So what about a game that goes out of print?... You cant rent a game before you buy it anymore? Or borrow one from a friend? Or bring a game over a friends house to play it there?

If any sort of restriction lke this is enforced I would not buy their next system. It goes against everything that I love about gaming. Sharing and playing with friends WHO ARE RIGHT NEXT TO YOU.

Blazerdt47

This problem can be solved with games via digital distribution.

Yeah it'll just be tied to your account anyway, even if it's physical.

So you go to a friends just log in to your account or something

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#105 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Buy it new?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts
"Hey, I won't care if they come out with a controller that's tied just to my console and only usable by me! Continue to take my rights away guys, here's my money! Sir, can I please have another?" And you wonder why gamers' rights are going down the f*ckin' toilet.
ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts

I don't know I will have to see what the specs of the PS4 compared to the 360 is first. Im not going to go to a console that is weaker and by a fair amount if the latest rumours are true just to have 2nd hand games.

My way of looking at it is I can either buy the game first hand and on the most powerful console which all the bells and whistles. or be able to buy the game 2nd hand but for it to be the worst of the 2 console versions and by a noticeable amount...If the PS4 is more powerful then the 720 and by amount which is noticeable unlike this current gen then no it wouldn't bother me at all if I was only forced to by first hand games

ziggyww
Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#109 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

Buy new games

Selkc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 Selkc
Member since 2011 • 203 Posts

if ps4 blocks used games, ill end up playing higher quality games because game companies will have more money in their pockets.. and it will be a memorable generation