What will the System Wars fallout be if Game of the Year is another PS3 exclusive?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by TruthArisen (385 posts) 9 months, 5 days ago

Poll: What will the System Wars fallout be if Game of the Year is another PS3 exclusive? (19 votes)

Sparkler 11%
Bottle rocket 5%
M80 0%
Mortar 5%
Tank shell 5%
Satellite guided missile 5%
Mount Vesuvius 5%
Global thermal nuclear war 26%
Gamma ray burst 37%
#1 Posted by Netret0120 (1904 posts) -

Nothing.

Only an extremely biased lem/sheep would disagree. But GTA5 will probably take it

#2 Edited by Whiteblade999 (5536 posts) -

I want to see the Wii U title win game of the year because that would be an entertaining week.

#3 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

GTAV already won and it isn't even close.

#4 Posted by Puckhog04 (22587 posts) -

I don't see any PS3 exclusive taking GOTY.

#5 Posted by lamprey263 (22453 posts) -

another cow circle jerk, I'm already numb to the idea by now

#6 Posted by Basinboy (10930 posts) -

So like most every other thread then?

No change, that means.

#7 Edited by KellyKelly (377 posts) -

Wouldn't be surprised, but everyone on SW would be butthurt and damage controlling

They will try to spin the topic and instead bash the PS3 for other things because they couldn't take it

TLOU won the amazon game of the gen award, got a 95 at Metacritic and was voted game of the gen by System Wars.

Wouldn't be surprised if TLOU would become Gamespot's GOTY, since it's a new ip and achieved tons of success

Gta is the same as every GTA that came before it only with some new added features, the novelty quickly wears of

#8 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

Lemings crying like in every thread.

#9 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

Hope not, it sucked

#10 Edited by BPoole96 (22763 posts) -

It would just be business as usual. Lems and Sheep have been eradicated from this board by embarrassment. It's pretty much just Hermits and Cows hanging out

#11 Edited by voljin1987 (675 posts) -

I hope its Ni No Kuni.. would be fun listening to other cows justifying how The Flop of Us was better..

P.S I like TLOU too :D

#12 Edited by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

If a PS3 game wins it's not going to cause major butthurt. As it stands a good chunk of the SW crew favors PS right now and 360 exclusives have been weak/non-existent so they have nothing to go off of. The chances of a launch title for the One or PS4 winning is also slim since the majority seem unimpressive.

What would cause butthurt would be a PC exclusive, Wii U exclusive or a handheld title winning it all. PC exclusive would likely be something console gamers are not familiar with in the least. Wii U exclusive would cause the sheep army to rise and claim dominion over all (true story) or a handheld game would leave everyone flabbergasted (yes, flabbergasted).

#13 Posted by magicalclick (22242 posts) -

Probably that game that continues to get to next stage no matter how bad your perform.

#14 Edited by KellyKelly (377 posts) -

If a PS3 game wins it's not going to cause major butthurt. As it stands a good chunk of the SW crew favors PS right now and 360 exclusives have been weak/non-existent so they have nothing to go off of. The chances of a launch title for the One or PS4 winning is also slim since the majority seem unimpressive.

What would cause butthurt would be a PC exclusive, Wii U exclusive or a handheld title winning it all. PC exclusive would likely be something console gamers are not familiar with in the least. Wii U exclusive would cause the sheep army to rise and claim dominion over all (true story) or a handheld game would leave everyone flabbergasted (yes, flabbergasted).

A PC exclusive to win GOTY? I highly doubt that will ever happen these days

#15 Edited by dbtbandit67 (353 posts) -

Haha. The Last of Us is definitely in the running, but GTA 5 will probably take it.

It's a little bit overrated. "Stunning visuals, the story that will shock and haunt you." Eh

#16 Posted by SuperCowElitist (730 posts) -
@BPoole96 said:

It would just be business as usual. Lems and Sheep have been eradicated from this board by embarrassment. It's pretty much just Hermits and Cows hanging out

Last I heard, the lemmings were preparing to beta test Forza, Dead Rising and Titanfall.

#17 Edited by AdrianWerner (27862 posts) -

Would be funny. That said, there hasn't been a PS3 exclusive this year that has even remote chance of winning GOTY.

#18 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -
  • GTAV is more GTA, it won't win on GS
  • Bioshock got a 4 from Tom and just wasn't that great, it won't win on GS
  • Almost all next gen games this year look mediocre or just more of what we've already had, none of which will win on GS

From most likely to least likely to win:

Ni No Kuni > Beyond > Fire Emblem > TLOU > Puppeteer > Rayman Legends(questionable)

#19 Posted by freedomfreak (38251 posts) -

People that have played the game will be sharing their thoughts on it.

Cows will be rambling away. Just like last year with Journey.

#20 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6183 posts) -

Hardcore cows will parade, while the rest of us will roll our eyes at the stupidity.

I generally have nothing against GOTY games but with so small margin of difference in what high tier games does and seperate themselves from eachother it is a badge of honor more then anything of real importance. The possible exception would be Journey which I am more then thrilled got the GOTY given how diffrent it was.

So Cows will Cheer, Lems will Cry, Sheep will not notice since they are playing the latest Mario game, PC gamers will shrug given that they have oceans to games to chew through, and the rest of us, will play the Game and decide if we agreed or not.

But there WILL be trolling... oh yes, there will be trolling.

#21 Posted by mems_1224 (45795 posts) -

Word. Honestly, I would actually be surprised if TLOU doesnt win this year here at GS

#22 Posted by Suppaman100 (3596 posts) -

Lol, 8/10 no

Probably Beyond, ninokuni or puppeteer.

Lems am cry! LOOOOOOOOOOL

#23 Edited by MonsieurX (28737 posts) -

Just as usual,circle jerking cows

#24 Edited by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@timbers_WSU said:

Lol, 8/10 no

Lems am cry?

It is like people actually try to be stupid on here. God job. You succeeded.

#25 Posted by shawn30 (4305 posts) -

Nothing, shrugs.

#26 Edited by Heil68 (42691 posts) -

Since the PS3 already has an unprecedented amount, I say let someone else win it, It's not fair PS3 wins all the time.

#27 Edited by BigShotSmoov007 (228 posts) -

I don't see any title this year winning over GTA V although The Last of Us was a great game also. But if somehow Last of Us did win, what "fallout" are you expecting? I don't get what your point is? Great games win GOTY. Sony has had their share of GOTY games, MS has had their's and even PC and Nintendo had some so I don't get what your implying.

#28 Edited by _Matt_ (8789 posts) -

It would be a massive fallout, especially since everyone is expecting GOTY to go to GTA.

#29 Posted by j_assassin (878 posts) -

lems should be used to it by now

#30 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@timbers_WSU said:

Lol, 8/10 no

Lems am cry?

It is like people actually try to be stupid on here. God job. You succeeded.

Timbers be cried.

#31 Edited by _Matt_ (8789 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

Wait, Journey got GOTY? I think I must have completely missed the GOTY stuff last year. Anyone got a list of this gens GS GOTYs?

#32 Posted by freedomfreak (38251 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

Wait, Journey got GOTY?

Oh yes, it did.

#33 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4352 posts) -

Knowing Gamespot, I am seeing Stanley Parable or Gone Home winning GOTY.

#34 Posted by freedomfreak (38251 posts) -

Also, here's the list, Matt.

#35 Posted by TruthArisen (385 posts) -

@_Matt_:

2006. gears of War

2007. super Mario galaxy

2008 metal gear solid 4

2009. demons souls

2010. red dead redemption

2011 skyrim

2012. journey

#36 Edited by _Matt_ (8789 posts) -

Thanks Freedom and Truth.

So 1 Wii exclusive

1 360 exclusive

3 PS3 exclusives

2 multiplatforms

I guess cows would be over the moon and lems will go angry if another PS3 exclusive got GOTY. Could be interesting.

#37 Posted by NameIess_One (559 posts) -

Cows would form a massive circle jerk, a few fanboys would get butthurt as usual, and I'd have a few good laughs.

#38 Edited by DarkLink77 (31683 posts) -

@Basinboy said:

@lamprey263 said:

So like most every other thread then?

No change, that means.

This.

It wont happen, because Grand Theft Auto V has it on lock, but even if it did, the forum is dominated by Cows. I imagine they'd jerk each other off for a while, and then get bored and go back to playing GTAV.

#40 Edited by Thecongregation (56 posts) -

GTAV sold over 16 million at this exact moment WW and it launched barely any very long ago. Fastest selling game and game launch in history since Finish The Fight. It's undeniable. If not that, it will be a PC game.

#41 Posted by Thecongregation (56 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@freedomfreak said:

So 1 Wii exclusive

1 360 exclusive

3 PS3 exclusives

2 multiplatforms

I guess cows would be over the moon and lems will go angry if another PS3 exclusive got GOTY. Could be interesting.

Journey is on Vita.

#42 Posted by freedomfreak (38251 posts) -
#43 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

Path of Exile will win GOTY

#44 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5695 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@freedomfreak said:

So 1 Wii exclusive

1 360 exclusive

3 PS3 exclusives

2 multiplatforms

gears 1 is not exclusive... But I'm sure you knew that already.

#45 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@freedomfreak said:

So 1 Wii exclusive

1 360 exclusive

3 PS3 exclusives

2 multiplatforms

It was exclusive when it won GOTY

#46 Posted by _Matt_ (8789 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@freedomfreak said:

So 1 Wii exclusive

1 360 exclusive

3 PS3 exclusives

2 multiplatforms

It was at the time wasn't it?

#47 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8597 posts) -

Seeing as how GOTY for most sites never align with the game I personally feel deserves the title, I could care less.