What will become of multiplats next gen?

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Goyoshi12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#51 Goyoshi12
Member since 2009 • 9687 Posts

This gen marked a new direction for the industry: multiplats. 90% of the games this gen have been multiplats, it was really the first time this happened. You could get by with just owning one system, where as past gens most games were exclusive to one platform so you had to buy them all.

Do you expect this trend to continue next gen as well? Yes. And how do you feel about this? Perfectly fine since I hardly play exclusives at all really. I'm personally fine with it, more people get to play the same great games and it saves people money.

What will be the role of exclusives next gen?Same as always: Bragging rights. They will have their purpose no doubt, but to what extent will that be? They already have barely any purpose or merit to them, it's just going to get worse as the years go on. The 1st party is one of the reasons why you buy that particular system to begin with.

Will multiplats still rule? No...they'll dominate and destroy and I'm all for it.

ShadowMoses900

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="MonsieurX"][QUOTE="JohnnyCageMK"]

360 is king of FPS, TPS, racing, and dance :cool:

JohnnyCageMK

You said graphic king exclusives,doesn't have any

Halo 4, Forza Horizon, Forza 4, Gears 3 = 4 best looking games this gen

You should take off that shades.
slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowMoses900"]

This gen marked a new direction for the industry: multiplats. 90% of the games this gen have been multiplats, it was really the first time this happened. You could get by with just owning one system, where as past gens most games were exclusive to one platform so you had to buy them all.

Do you expect this trend to continue next gen as well? Yes. And how do you feel about this? Perfectly fine since I hardly play exclusives at all really. I'm personally fine with it, more people get to play the same great games and it saves people money.

What will be the role of exclusives next gen?Same as always: Bragging rights. They will have their purpose no doubt, but to what extent will that be? They already have barely any purpose or merit to them, it's just going to get worse as the years go on. The 1st party is one of the reasons why you buy that particular system to begin with.

Will multiplats still rule? No...they'll dominate and destroy and I'm all for it.

Goyoshi12

I'm glad someone else saw this :lol:

ziggyww

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 ziggyww
Member since 2012 • 907 Posts
I think two things need to be looked into when talking about games coming out on more then one console. That's the power of both the consoles and the number of sales they have made. The power is going to be important If one is significantly more powerful then another developers might choose to focus on the more powerful console because the weaker of two is unable to produce what the game the creators want to make, They could also lower the quality of the game to work on the weaker console but this can be a hindrance to the more powerful console and could relate into people not buying the game as better looking dedicated games made for it are released. A example of this is the latest news on Metro: Last night with the Wii U version not going to happen because the CPU just isn't up to the challenge. http://uk.gamespot.com/news/no-metro-last-light-for-the-wii-u-report-6400436 The other is the sales. If one console has the bigger percentage of the sales it will eventual get to the point when development costs porting the game over to the other console is worthless as the gaming base isn't worth the money and time. With the PS3 and the Xbox360 they are very close in terms of sales only half a million between them which when we are talking about 70+ million for each console that's little to nothing so its worth releasing games on both platforms and doubling their profits. I think it's to soon to get a good idea of what third party games are going to do on the next gen console's but with rumors saying that Sony is going to be releasing a traditional console focused on gaming but Microsoft focusing their attention on multimedia use's this might reflect the power of the consoles as the feeling is Microsoft might not be releasing a console just aimed at power but then they might get more sales because of the multimedia aspects. So both next gen console's have reasons to buy the one over the other just going to have to wait and see which one sales more and by how much to see what third party games will do.