What will be the best looking open world game of 2014 ?

Edited 9 months, 12 days ago

Poll: What will be the best looking open world game of 2014 ? (79 votes)

Watch_dogs 6%
AC: Unity 23%
Far Cry 4 14%
GTA V 30%
Shadow of Mordor 5%
Dragon Age: Inquisition 22%

Watch_dogs

AC: Unity

Far Cry 4

GTA V

Shadow of Mordor

Dragon Age: Inquisition

What do you think will be the best looking open-world game of this year ?

I'm particularly impressed with how AC: Unity looks.

• The amount of NPCs on screen is insane
  • As you can hear in the interview, they've remade Paris on a 1:1 scale
  • So far there are no graphical downgrades from the original reveal trailer
#51 Edited by kinectthedots (2659 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@R3FURBISHED: Yeah, the forest did look good from the screenshots and videos I saw. But I don't know if it can contend with the high budget open world games.

@freedomfreak said:

Infamous?

-_-

I knew I forgot something.

Something? You say it as if you only missed one game.

Fact is other than WD you completely left out all other released open world/sandbox games to speculate on unreleased titles. smh/

#52 Edited by Cloud_imperium (5728 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@parkurtommo said:

Sorry guys, a port from last gen will not be the best looking open world game. I expect AC Unity to be the best.

Rockstar could've been working on current gen GTA V for as long as the last gen version, making it not a port. But making the PS3 and 360 version very scaled down versions.

I doubt it... They must've spent a loooong time optimizing the game for ps3 and 360 because the visuals, despite being rendered at like 1 pixel resolution and upscaled to 720p look almost impossibly good for a last gen multiplat.

I think they put all of their recources in to those 2 versions, and that the new version will just be porting it over. I'm sure it will look fantastic, but not as impressive as AC Unity, no matter how much post processing gets put in to it.

Promotional screenshots of GTA V always looked beyond the capabilities of PS3 and Xbox 360 and leaked code already confirmed that development for PC and "Orbis" (PS4) version is happening parallel to last gen version . GTA V on PS4,X1 and PC is not a port , it is using different assets .

#53 Posted by faizan_faizan (7868 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@faizan_faizan said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@faizan_faizan said:

GTA V with mods, without a doubt. ACU is looking really pretty, but it's still not as advanced as I:SS.

I disagree that ACU isn't as good as ISS graphically. ISS might have some sort of technical edge, but ACU looks more like CGI and the animations look amazing IMO. Even better than ISS. But yo see, like Infamous, ACU is a fully next gen game, and it shows. I am excited for GTA V by far the most though.

ACU still lacks screen-space reflections. Something that should have become a must in newer games, now.

Does it? Well it doesn't matter because from what I see, AC U is one of the best looking games about to be released. SSR isn't a must to have the best looking visuals.

If you're looking at screenshots, maybe. But when you're playing the game, it really makes a difference. ACU's animations weren't at all impressive in my opinion. It looked all glitchy when he just went through the crowd. NaturalMotion's Euphoria is a must here. They could have used procedural animations to achieve realistic effects.

ACU looks good because of the high-resolution textures and well-executed PBR. The latter was really apparent throughout the game by just looking at the specular highlights in shiny objects.

#54 Posted by Cloud_imperium (5728 posts) -

@kinectthedots said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@R3FURBISHED: Yeah, the forest did look good from the screenshots and videos I saw. But I don't know if it can contend with the high budget open world games.

@freedomfreak said:

Infamous?

-_-

I knew I forgot something.

Fact is other than WD you completely left out all other released open world/sandbox games to speculate on unreleased titles. smh/

Did you watch new gameplay of Phantom pain .? Texture pop ins , terrible draw distance , bad textures and low res shadows everywhere . It was running on PS4 . Sorry , but MGSV is not one of the best looking game . It looks good enough though .

#55 Posted by freedomfreak (42890 posts) -
@Cloud_imperium said:

Did you watch new gameplay of Phantom pain .? Texture pop ins , terrible draw distance , bad textures and low res shadows everywhere . It was running on PS4 . Sorry , but MGSV is not one of the best looking game . It looks good enough though .

Because the game's already finished, and very close to being released.

#56 Posted by Ben-Buja (2767 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Ben-Buja said:

I have no doubt that the PC version of GTA V will look stunning, especially after modding.

AC Unity looks insane as well though, like a true next gen game. (If that's how it actually looks though, we know Ubisofts habit of downgrading)

I don't think Ubi will bother downgrading the already next gen graphics pipeline in ACU. WD was a downgrade in effects only. Not the whole game art.

Expect ACUnity to look a lot like what you saw at E3.

You say that if effects only is just a minor change. Effects can make a world of difference.

WD wasn't just a downgrade in effects only, they even removed some of the finer details in the environments. i.e. the lightbulbs at the club exterior, but yeah AC:U is only on XB1, PS4 and PC so I hope this time we get exactly what we saw at E3.

#58 Edited by Ben-Buja (2767 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

@parkurtommo said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@parkurtommo said:

Sorry guys, a port from last gen will not be the best looking open world game. I expect AC Unity to be the best.

Rockstar could've been working on current gen GTA V for as long as the last gen version, making it not a port. But making the PS3 and 360 version very scaled down versions.

I doubt it... They must've spent a loooong time optimizing the game for ps3 and 360 because the visuals, despite being rendered at like 1 pixel resolution and upscaled to 720p look almost impossibly good for a last gen multiplat.

I think they put all of their recources in to those 2 versions, and that the new version will just be porting it over. I'm sure it will look fantastic, but not as impressive as AC Unity, no matter how much post processing gets put in to it.

Promotional screenshots of GTA V always looked beyond the capabilities of PS3 and Xbox 360 and leaked code already confirmed that development for PC and "Orbis" (PS4) version is happening parallel to last gen version . GTA V on PS4,X1 and PC is not a port , it is using different assets .

Yep, when you look at the trailer and compare it to the same spots in last gen GTA V, it's really a huge difference.

#60 Posted by faizan_faizan (7868 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

Because the game's already finished, and very close to being released.

Still doesn't make it any less shit looking than most current-gen games.

#61 Posted by freedomfreak (42890 posts) -
@faizan_faizan said:

Yeah, judging unfinished products is fun.

#63 Posted by Ben-Buja (2767 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Ben-Buja said:

You say that if effects only is just a minor change. Effects can make a world of difference.

WD wasn't just a downgrade in effects only, they even removed some of the finer details in the environments. i.e. the lightbulbs at the club exterior, but yeah AC:U is only on XB1, PS4 and PC so I hope this time we get exactly what we saw at E3.

Yeah I can actually remember seeing the volumetric light bulbs in the club on E3 and not in the final release. May be that's not the only thing they downgraded in geometry. But yeah, I know effects can make the world of difference to how a game looks. But I just doubt that ACU will pull another WD. They would get bashed for life lol.

Far Cry 3s downgrade was even bigger than WDs imo, but I don't think they ever pulled a downgrade like that with the Assassin's Creed series, so you're probably right and it will look like it did at E3

#64 Posted by MonsieurX (31552 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Ben-Buja said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@parkurtommo said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@parkurtommo said:

Yep, when you look at the trailer and compare it to the same spots in last gen GTA V, it's really a huge difference.

That is indeed a big difference. GTA 5 is going to be crazy on next gen platforms. But I still think GTA 6 will show you more 8th gen visuals. I imagine a lot of the assets were used on both last gen and next gen versions of GTA 5. I expect the character models to be the same, and other objects of the sort. I could be wrong, but I think it was the same engine with added grass and NPC's. And water shaders. And lots of effects.

In short, GTA 5 PS4/PC/XB1 >>>>>>>>>>> GTA 5 PS3/360.

But expect fully next gen GTA 6 to >>>>>> GTA 5 PS4/PC/XB1.

A game that will be built from the ground up for next gen.

GTA V PC >>>>>GTA V PS4\XB1>>>>>>> GTA V PS3\360

Fixing it for you

#66 Posted by hehe101 (629 posts) -

i'm not impressed with gta graphics maybe because i was expecting something noteworthy to purchase it again

#67 Posted by MonsieurX (31552 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@MonsieurX said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Ben-Buja said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@parkurtommo said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@parkurtommo said:

That is indeed a big difference. GTA 5 is going to be crazy on next gen platforms. But I still think GTA 6 will show you more 8th gen visuals. I imagine a lot of the assets were used on both last gen and next gen versions of GTA 5. I expect the character models to be the same, and other objects of the sort. I could be wrong, but I think it was the same engine with added grass and NPC's. And water shaders. And lots of effects.

In short, GTA 5 PS4/PC/XB1 >>>>>>>>>>> GTA 5 PS3/360.

But expect fully next gen GTA 6 to >>>>>> GTA 5 PS4/PC/XB1.

A game that will be built from the ground up for next gen.

Fixing it for you

Words of a sheep hiding behind PC no doubt.

GTA V PC will be using the exact same game code and assets as the PS4/XB1 version. It's the same game. Mods will infact >>>> the consoles, but the released game won't be that different in graphics.

If you are talking about the experience of GTA V on PC compared to any console, then yes, modding community will make it a blast. I can't wait. But there is no way the PC version at release will be the same difference in graphics over the PS4/XB1 as next gen consoles and last gen consoles. Don't be silly.

I'm a sheep? Learning something new today.

Yeah,using the same game code and assets just like all multiplats. I remember how they all look the same on PC and "next gen" consoles.

I don't think there will be a gap as huge as last gen vs next gen, but there will definitely be a gap at launch. And add ENB or icehancer

#68 Posted by faizan_faizan (7868 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@faizan_faizan said:

I don't expect it to look any different than the previous MGSV.

#69 Posted by faizan_faizan (7868 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@faizan_faizan said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@faizan_faizan said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@faizan_faizan said:

GTA V with mods, without a doubt. ACU is looking really pretty, but it's still not as advanced as I:SS.

I disagree that ACU isn't as good as ISS graphically. ISS might have some sort of technical edge, but ACU looks more like CGI and the animations look amazing IMO. Even better than ISS. But yo see, like Infamous, ACU is a fully next gen game, and it shows. I am excited for GTA V by far the most though.

ACU still lacks screen-space reflections. Something that should have become a must in newer games, now.

Does it? Well it doesn't matter because from what I see, AC U is one of the best looking games about to be released. SSR isn't a must to have the best looking visuals.

If you're looking at screenshots, maybe. But when you're playing the game, it really makes a difference. ACU's animations weren't at all impressive in my opinion. It looked all glitchy when he just went through the crowd. NaturalMotion's Euphoria is a must here. They could have used procedural animations to achieve realistic effects.

ACU looks good because of the high-resolution textures and well-executed PBR. The latter was really apparent throughout the game by just looking at the specular highlights in shiny objects.

Yeah the PBR lighting was fantastic. The whole scene was lit very naturally and it looked like the CGI trailer. Yeah there are some bugs when the crowds glitched when he walked through them. This could be ironed out for all you know. So is NaturalMotion's Euphoria a new tech that could become the standard in next gen gaming for NPC's? It looks like clever stuff.

IDK. The game impressed me. As did Batman AK. As did other next gen titles. The only cross gen title taht impressed me graphically was GTA V.

Euphoria is the true successor to ragdoll physics. That's why killing people in the last two GTAs was always satisfying.

#70 Edited by Ben-Buja (2767 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@MonsieurX said:

Fixing it for you

Words of a sheep hiding behind PC no doubt.

GTA V PC will be using the exact same game code and assets as the PS4/XB1 version. It's the same game. Mods will infact >>>> the consoles, but the released game won't be that different in graphics.

If you are talking about the experience of GTA V on PC compared to any console, then yes, modding community will make it a blast. I can't wait. But there is no way the PC version at release will be the same difference in graphics over the PS4/XB1 as next gen consoles and last gen consoles. Don't be silly.

That depends if you consider more effective AA, AO, larger draw distance, better shadows, better texture filtering, possible higher resolution a note worthy difference.

Well this is mostly speculation on my part, most of these are given, but we'll see what graphics options it has on PC when Rockstar announces it.

Fact is though, that even in the unlikely case that vanilla GTA V on ultra equals the PS4 version, a good PC still can run it in higher resolution and better AA.

@MonsieurX said:

I'm a sheep? Learning something new today.

Yeah,using the same game code and assets just like all multiplats. I remember how they all look the same on PC and "next gen" consoles.

I don't think there will be a gap as huge as last gen vs next gen, but there will definitely be a gap at launch. And add ENB or icehancer

ENB = Icenhancer. ENB won't work on GTA V unless Boris develops a DX11 compatible ENB version

#73 Posted by freedomfreak (42890 posts) -
@faizan_faizan said:

#74 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17469 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:

Uncharted 4 trailer was real time confirmed. At 1080p 60fps. Of course we have no way of knowing if those visuals will be feasible in gameplay at 1080p 60fps. They seem confident. They have probably created all the levels and tested gameplay. And they are still saying that it's quite possible. They said TLOU Remastered is targeting 60fps. They took it well beyond 60 fps to ensure no drops in frames. Quite impressive considering the graphics upgrade it's said to be getting. I know UC4 is on another level to TLOU graphically, but if they say it's feasible, then it may well be.

But as you said, lets wait for UC4 gameplay. But think about this, ND put up a trailer of UC4 on their website in 1080p 60fps. Literally hyping the fact it will be 60fps. If they release it at 30, then that trailer would seem a bit of a lie and misinformation. IDK. I think they will work magic with the PS4. It's a shame how so many people doubt it though :( At first many people were complaining how the PS4 wasn't showing a massive graphical leap over the PS3, then when they see it with UC4, everybody dismisses it as pre rendered CGI and don't believe the PS4 is capable of it. What do people want? Gamers are so whiney!

It is a lot to take in when you consider that Watch Dogs had to be degraded to 900p 30fps and looks no where near what we saw with UC4. But ND know how to work the hardware hard.

Okay, enough of my ND white knighting. BF Hardline and 4 look great on PC. With the photorealistic shaders etc. But it still looks like a 360 game with enhanced lighting and textures (thats what it is, if you'd just watch a comparison of PS3/PC version). I dunno. I'm actually more impressed with CoD AW. It's a proper next gen game. You can tell by looking at the animations of the characters and stuff. Just a fluidity to it all. I am not hyped about the graphics of Far Cry 4 and other cross gen titles tbh. I'm looking to jump to next gen only as of now. From now on, the only cross gen game I'll be getting on PS4 is TLOU Remastered and LBP3. Everything else, Gen 8 only.

The thing is, Naughty Dog has the luxury of optimizing for one platform instead of 6 like Ubisoft did for Watch_dogs.

BF4 naval strike maps >>>>>>>>>>>>> COD: AW. It doesn't look like a 360 game in the slightest. it's as current gen as current gen can be. Seriously, have you played the Naval Strike maps ?

@kinectthedots said:

Fact is other than WD you completely left out

all other released open world/sandbox games

to speculate on unreleased titles. smh/

Open world ?

Seriously ? It's one level. That demo is not an open world game, I'm sorry. It's a single level.

Please list "all other released open world games" that I forgot ;)

#75 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17469 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@faizan_faizan said:

Stop judging my thread :'(

#76 Posted by kinectthedots (2659 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@faizan_faizan said:

lol, look at who is making those comments in relation to this game, then realize that the game in question isn't announced to be released on PC and you come to realize what hermit butthurt looks like.

Remember than nothing exclusive to consoles can ever look good, Hermit logic. As soon as there is even a peep about FP coming to PC herms will cream themselves just like they did with Dark Souls. It is one of the best looking upcoming games for next year and open world, to say it looks like "shit" is beyond idiotic when it was one of the most impressive games from E3.

#77 Posted by freedomfreak (42890 posts) -
@kinectthedots said:

lol, look at who is making those comments in relation to this game, then realize that the game in question isn't announced to be released on PC and you come to realize what hermit butthurt looks like.

Remember than nothing exclusive to consoles can ever look good, Hermit logic. As soon as there is even a peep about FP coming to PC herms will cream themselves just like they did with Dark Souls. It is one of the best looking upcoming games for next year and open world, to say it looks like "shit" is beyond idiotic when it was one of the most impressive games from E3.

Fantom Pain.

#78 Posted by Flubbbs (3508 posts) -

Shadow of Mordor on PC

#79 Edited by uninspiredcup (12271 posts) -

Divinity Original Soul. It's also the best one, an incredibly feat.

#80 Edited by lamprey263 (25254 posts) -

Shadow of Mordor is looking pretty promising. AC Unity I imagine will be like the other games, environments will be less remarkable for their design but great as far as their maneuverability, I just hope missions have more depth of story and variety and don't end up cookie cutter. I'm more stoked for Shadow of Mordor though, AC Unity is a safe bet as a decent game, Shadow of Mordor looks like it can go either way from either being an awful game or a remarkable one, we'll just have to wait and see what WBIE can deliver on with this IP. I'm also stoked for it because I'm really cheering for Monolith Productions, ever since WBIE put the reins on them the studio has really suffered from what otherwise looked like a promising studio with talents for horror FPS games. They've been rather silent for a long while about their activities, and delegated to downloadable games like Gotham City Impostures and Guardians of Middle-Earth, and frankly I was worried it was only a matter of time before WBIE closed the studios. I hope Shadow of Mordor is enough of a success that the studio can once again work on more ambitious projects that play to their strengths.

#81 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17469 posts) -
@lamprey263 said:

Shadow of Mordor is looking pretty promising. AC Unity I imagine will be like the other games, environments will be less remarkable for their design but great as far as their maneuverability, I just hope missions have more depth of story and variety and don't end up cookie cutter. I'm more stoked for Shadow of Mordor though, AC Unity is a safe bet as a decent game, Shadow of Mordor looks like it can go either way from either being an awful game or a remarkable one, we'll just have to wait and see what WBIE can deliver on with this IP. I'm also stoked for it because I'm really cheering for Monolith Productions, ever since WBIE put the reins on them the studio has really suffered from what otherwise looked like a promising studio with talents for horror FPS games. They've been rather silent for a long while about their activities, and delegated to downloadable games like Gotham City Impostures and Guardians of Middle-Earth, and frankly I was worried it was only a matter of time before WBIE closed the studios. I hope Shadow of Mordor is enough of a success that the studio can once again work on more ambitious projects that play to their strengths.

What will Shadow of Mordor deliver that makes it stand out from AC gameplay? That's the big question. If it's just its LOTR license, than it won't be much. The nemesis system looks really good. But so far I found the gameplay to be very ... unremarkable.

Nemesis system looks next gen, the gameplay looks a bit stuck in the past.

Now, of course Unity will also have very similar gameplay to previous ACs, but from what I've seen I really like the fluidity of the new freerun system. Looks like a lot of fun, and imo the freerunning was always fun in previous AC games. This looks like the combination of POPs 'wallrunning' stunts and ACs more 'realistic' parkour. The combat system could finally be improved and the stealth system is a big step forward for the series. If it all works out great though. Both games and how well they do their gameplay remain to be seen.

I really hope though, that SOM is the big return for Monolith and the LOTR license in gaming.

On to the graphics, I'm looking forward to seeing both games in action. Can't wait to freeroam Mordor and ancient Paris. Both settings are very different but I'll enjoy both settings :)

#82 Posted by lamprey263 (25254 posts) -

Oh, what about Mad Max? I'm really stoked for that, made by the people who brought us Just Cause 2, one of the most badass open wold games of last gen. Between that, and the next Batman game and the Shadow of Mordor game, WBIE has some exciting open world games on the horizon.

#83 Edited by lamprey263 (25254 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: AC Unity probably looks the best, and like I said it's a safe bet for a good satisfying game, I've learned though to keep my expectations with the series somewhat limited though. They always though deliver a satisfying experience, that's a given with each game that they'll still be a very good bit of fun, but I never found myself after finishing an AC game to say that I'm dying to play the next. I mean I assume Ubisoft will be pumping them out annually and if I can always expect that I'm not as excited for it. New IPs I feel excite me more, because they have so much potential I hope they can achieve.

Yeah, as far as Shadow of Mordor gameplay though the combat doesn't seem as remarkable, but the open world and wrath powers and bending enemies to your will to me seems to be where the game could be exciting if they can really make that work. Sending orc leaders to assassinate targets or spread fear, and that nemesis system, that could be exciting. I'm not that big of an LOTR fan myself, quite the opposite. But like I said, I'm partially excited and cheering for it because I love Monolith, I think they're great developers and I love their past games and I'm hoping they can make a successful game because I'd like to not see WBIE close them.

#84 Posted by jg4xchamp (49888 posts) -

Grand Theft Auto 5

#85 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17469 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

Oh, what about Mad Max? I'm really stoked for that, made by the people who brought us Just Cause 2, one of the most badass open wold games of last gen. Between that, and the next Batman game and the Shadow of Mordor game, WBIE has some exciting open world games on the horizon.

True, but right now Ubisoft seems the king of Open World.

I might do another one of these threads when we know about more games coming out next year 2015. More and more games are going open world these days, which imo, is mostly a good thing.

Though I am looking forward to Mad Max, even if we haven't seen it in a while, I don't think it's that interesting a setting for an open world. Like, I'm not the biggest connaiseur of Mad Max, but isn't it mostly desert ? I'd rather see another Just Cuase-like setting, with which I mean massive Island.

Other open world games of next year that I can think of: The Witcher, Dying Light and, like you said, Batman: Arkham Knight.

@lamprey263 said:

@R4gn4r0k: AC Unity probably looks the best, and like I said it's a safe bet for a good satisfying game, I've learned though to keep my expectations with the series somewhat limited though. They always though deliver a satisfying experience, that's a given with each game that they'll still be a very good bit of fun, but I never found myself after finishing an AC game to say that I'm dying to play the next. I mean I assume Ubisoft will be pumping them out annually and if I can always expect that I'm not as excited for it. New IPs I feel excite me more, because they have so much potential I hope they can achieve.

Yeah, as far as Shadow of Mordor gameplay though the combat doesn't seem as remarkable, but the open world and wrath powers and bending enemies to your will to me seems to be where the game could be exciting if they can really make that work. Sending orc leaders to assassinate targets or spread fear, and that nemesis system, that could be exciting. I'm not that big of an LOTR fan myself, quite the opposite. But like I said, I'm partially excited and cheering for it because I love Monolith, I think they're great developers and I love their past games and I'm hoping they can make a successful game because I'd like to not see WBIE close them.

I agree, there is just more 'wonder' about new IP, if that is the right word to say it.

Like with a new game announced of an existing IP, 9 chances out of 10 you already know exactly how it's going to play before you even play it, with a few surprises here and there.

Well, I've always been exited to play the next AC... But that's because I'm exited to explore these ancient cities they've rebuilt for me. That's mainly what draws me in: the history. The gameplay is mostly there to keep me going... and the story. The story is there to make me want to quit playing. I don't like the modern/future parts.They are completely unnecessary and the games would've been better without them.

#86 Edited by MiiiiV (533 posts) -
@jun_aka_pekto said:

No Infamous: Second Son?

Is that a wolverine in FC4? HaHa! I like it already. Yeah, I'd be running away too.

That's a honey badger, they are pretty badass. Definitely not an animal I'd want to mess with.

#87 Edited by parkurtommo (27651 posts) -

@Ben-Buja said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

@parkurtommo said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

@parkurtommo said:

Shit ok I was wrong. :P

#88 Posted by yellonet (7768 posts) -

Elite: Dangerous

#89 Posted by parkurtommo (27651 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

I'm not expecting much. Just Cause 2 was nonsensical fun on all levels, but it's story was non existant and there was no mood in JC2. It was just a generic island with different biomes. Mad Max needs to have a well executed visual and narrative style if they want to be loyal to the movie.

I honestly don't trust Avalanche at all. Yes Just Cause 2 was fun, but JC1 was garbage. And some things in jc2 were also garbage. It really depends on how they make the mechanics interesting.

#90 Posted by Jag85 (5248 posts) -

Far Cry 4

#91 Posted by Puckhog04 (22693 posts) -

No Sunset Overdrive or Infamous SS = Fail poll.

#92 Edited by GhoX (5262 posts) -

GTA V, because of mods.

Watch Dogs had potentials for modding, but a hostile development team is driving modders away.

#93 Posted by blueinheaven (864 posts) -

I've gone for Far Cry 4 simply because of how amazing Far Cry 3 already looks on PC. None of the Dragon Age games ever made me think 'wow' when I looked at them. They absolutely insist on making all the party members wear really crappy looking armour for a start. I still can't wait to play it though.

AC never looked special to me either and GTA V will just be a resolution upgrade of a game from last gen.

#94 Edited by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

How could you forget Infamous SS OP?

Best looking open world game currently and you forgot it -_-'

#95 Edited by faizan_faizan (7868 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@faizan_faizan said:

Yea I needed to sleep. Thankfully some pills helped me watch the end of the final.

What I meant was, MGSVPP doesn't look that different from MGSVGZ. In fact, it doesn't look any different in the gameplay department as well. What're you getting in this game? A cardboard box from sky? How is this not a DLC?

#96 Posted by freedomfreak (42890 posts) -
@faizan_faizan said:

Yea I needed to sleep. Thankfully some pills helped me watch the end of the final.

What I meant was, MGSVPP doesn't look that different from MGSVGZ. In fact, it doesn't look any different in the gameplay department as well. What're you getting in this game? A cardboard box from sky? How is this not a DLC?

How do you know?

You're entirely judging a game based on one presentation they showed. Man, I never figured you for a sheen, but here you are, sheen'ing it up.

#97 Posted by gago-gago (9854 posts) -

Sunset Overdrive is artistically pretty.

#98 Posted by GreySeal9 (25020 posts) -

IDK, but definitely not Watchdogs.

#99 Edited by melonfarmerz (1278 posts) -

Well this depends, are we taking into account the possibility of mods? if so, probably GTA V by a mile.

#100 Posted by faizan_faizan (7868 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

You're entirely judging a game based on one presentation they showed. Man, I never figured you for a sheen, but here you are, sheen'ing it up.

That's apparently the case. Why would I use my optimistic imagination instead?