So we all had someone to buy games for us before we started earning by ourselves, whether if that was our parents, grandparents, brother, sister...
Four simple questions:
- how old were you?
- how did you earn that money? (including both allowance/gift money and your first paycheck)
- what game(s) did you buy?
- how did you feel when you bought it?
- I was around 11 years old.
- by doing chores around the house, and saving cash my grandma gave to me for my birthday that year.
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert.
- I was elated. I still couldn't believe I actually bought a game with my own money. Well, my mom bought it for me, but it was with my money.
- first game I bought with my first paycheck was Half-Life 2 Collector's Edition. I was 19.