What was the best purchase you made this year?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
#1 Edited by SolidGame_basic (20922 posts) -

For me it's my PS4. Got one brand new for $300 :). Been playing games like Battlefield 4 (best multiplayer of this year), Watch_Dogs, Destiny beta, MGS Ground Zeroes, and Injustice Ultimate Edition. Graphics and gameplay are great. You, SW?

#2 Posted by MrYaotubo (2874 posts) -

Divinity: Original Sin,the best RPG in years and it pretty much came out of nowhere to me.

#3 Posted by Ballroompirate (25406 posts) -

Uhh to name a few

• MGSV Ground Zeroes
  • Dark Souls 2
  • Bought a PS4
  • Fifa 14
  • TLOU Remastered
  • Star Citizen
  • Divinity Original Sin
#4 Edited by Heil68 (56381 posts) -

Infamous Second Son

#5 Posted by Blabadon (32740 posts) -

I'm super excited to get my 32GB card for my Vita tomorrow. Not terrible for $45.

Otherwise, Dark Souls 2 on PS3 for $13 and Gold Wireless Headsets for $55 were also awesome.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
#6 Posted by chessmaster1989 (30204 posts) -

Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD

#7 Edited by SolidGame_basic (20922 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

I'm super excited to get my 32GB card for my Vita tomorrow. Not terrible for $45.

Otherwise, Dark Souls 2 on PS3 for $13 and Gold Wireless Headsets for $55 were also awesome.

Not bad. I remember last year I came close to buying a 32gb for $50. Borderlands 2 kinda killed my 16gb lol.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#8 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

probably saints row 4 on special.

no wait, my 144 Hz monitor - easily.

#9 Posted by eNT1TY (1228 posts) -

34" LG ultra-widescreen monitor because it rocks or a decked out lenovo y50 touch (bday gift to my daughter) that i paid $1000 from a needy coworker, not bad for an i7 maxwell 860m system with 512GB ssd (crucial mx100) and 16GB ram.

#10 Posted by Senor_Kami (8527 posts) -

Gaming: PS+

Life: Paying off some tickets I've had for a while. Glad to get them off my back and have a clean, valid license again.

#11 Posted by parkurtommo (28266 posts) -

Metro Last Light. Thank you Gaben... 7 euros for the best FPS to have ever existed + all of it's DLC.

#12 Edited by BldgIrsh (3044 posts) -

@MrYaotubo said:

Divinity: Original Sin,the best RPG in years and it pretty much came out of nowhere to me.

I have just completed the first area and gonna wait till I have long hours of time to invest before I continue forward.

Easily goty for me.

#13 Posted by Mr_Huggles_dog (7805 posts) -

Was Infamous: SS......will be Destiny.

#14 Posted by manny280 (1990 posts) -

Wolfenstein: The New Order or Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag on sale. However, the Destiny Beta was probably the best thing I've played this year.

#15 Posted by Blabadon (32740 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: I'm really quite excited, especially seeing as I've dealt with 8GB forever now.

#16 Posted by zassimick (9574 posts) -

Probably Mario Kart 8. That's been a game I've had a ton of fun with both alone and with a crowd.

#17 Edited by SolidGame_basic (20922 posts) -

@bldgirsh said:

@MrYaotubo said:

I have just completed the first area and gonna wait till I have long hours of time to invest before I continue forward.

Easily goty for me.

I really want to get that. Gonna try to wait till winter sale.

#18 Posted by BldgIrsh (3044 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

@bldgirsh said:

@MrYaotubo said:

Easily goty for me.

I really want to get that. Gonna try to wait till winter sale.

Highly suggested. As I said make sure to clear some backlog before acquiring it because it'll sap away time quickly.

#19 Posted by MonsieurX (35299 posts) -

Played a lot of Path Of Exile for free,so best purchase.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#20 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (4547 posts) -

So far? Probably TrackMania: Build to Race. Such an excellent, content rich game, and it was only $10. It's easily one of the best Wii games, and it being a Wii game, I'm sure it's one many have looked over.

#21 Posted by freedomfreak (48813 posts) -

I don't know.. Driver: San Fran is pretty sweet so far. I honestly don't remember the games I have bought.

#22 Posted by mems_1224 (55104 posts) -

@MrYaotubo said:

This right here

#23 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

Odd, when Bf4 came out last year, it felt like one of my worst purchases

#24 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (11208 posts) -

Probably Xbone... Having just PS4 wasn't doing it for me. Plus I prefer Xbox's exclusives abit more.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
#25 Posted by drummerdave9099 (2236 posts) -

I got a used Xbone in superb working condition for $80 (console only). Through buying used stuff cheap on craigslist and reselling/getting gamestop credit for more my total investment is just over $200 and I have the console, hookups, 2 controllers, battery packs and charging cable, a year of live, and forza.

#26 Posted by Pikminmaniac (10846 posts) -

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze. A platforming masterpiece and a game I've played over 88 hours already and there's still so much quality content to get through.

It's one of the best games of all time full stop.

#27 Edited by PapaTrop (1792 posts) -

I bought a mechanical keyboard for my PC which I really like.

I also bought Mount and Blade Warband, and have put in over 300 hours so far......... I think I bought that around Christmas last year though.

#28 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (8880 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Class-Flash-Memory-TS32GSDHC10E/dp/B003VNKNF0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1407445420&sr=1-1&keywords=32+gb+sd+card

Well, I mean, $45 for 32GB kind of is terrible, given non-proprietary storage is selling for less than $20, but I'm going to make the plunge soon, too. I really want to start getting more digital games on the Vita and 4GB just isn't going to cut it.

#29 Posted by blackace (23069 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

For me it's my PS4. Got one brand new for $300 :). Been playing games like Battlefield 4 (best multiplayer of this year), Watch_Dogs, Destiny beta, MGS Ground Zeroes, and Injustice Ultimate Edition. Graphics and gameplay are great. You, SW?

Probably my 1.5 TB HDD for my PS4. Now I have to order the 4TB external HDD for XBox One.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
#30 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (11905 posts) -

Halo Origins bundle.

#31 Posted by clyde46 (48952 posts) -

My truck license which means more money for my gaming habit!

#32 Posted by sailor232 (6321 posts) -

Gaming: Metro Last Light for like $7.50, Console wise the Xbox One.

Life: King size Bed.

#33 Posted by smashed_pinata (3403 posts) -

WiiU. MK8 bundle, such good value.

Sunk like 200+ hours into it already, once smash hits oh god....ill never leave my room. Then we got zelda in 2015? Oh lord....so much win.

#34 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (19564 posts) -

Everything under $10.

#35 Posted by pyro1245 (1786 posts) -

@MrYaotubo said:

this

#36 Edited by Kaze_no_Mirai (11748 posts) -

Probably Mario Kart 8.

#37 Edited by SolidGame_basic (20922 posts) -
@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Blabadon said:

http://www.amazon.com/Transcend-Class-Flash-Memory-TS32GSDHC10E/dp/B003VNKNF0/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1407445420&sr=1-1&keywords=32+gb+sd+card

Well, I mean, $45 for 32GB kind of is terrible, given non-proprietary storage is selling for less than $20, but I'm going to make the plunge soon, too. I really want to start getting more digital games on the Vita and 4GB just isn't going to cut it.

damn, how did you manage with a 4gb for so long lol. I had an 8gb from the launch bundle and that was ok.

#38 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

I want to say Vita, but even I'm not that ridiculous

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#39 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@drummerdave9099 said:

I got a used Xbone in superb working condition for $80 (console only). Through buying used stuff cheap on craigslist and reselling/getting gamestop credit for more my total investment is just over $200 and I have the console, hookups, 2 controllers, battery packs and charging cable, a year of live, and forza.

bro. i think you've done really well here. your opinion of forza?

#40 Posted by lawlessx (48381 posts) -
@lostrib said:

what made you buy a vita?

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
#41 Edited by chikenfriedrice (13561 posts) -

Wolfenstein: The New Order ( PC ).....best game I bought and played this year so far

#42 Posted by hoosier7 (4166 posts) -

Rocksmith 2014 and getting Red Orchestra 2 for free so there's 200 hours + between them which is more than i've been able to commit to other games.

#43 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@lawlessx said:
@lostrib said:

what made you buy a vita?

Poor decision making skills

Also, PS+

#44 Posted by IgGy621985 (5436 posts) -

Not sure if it's the best. The new PSU because my 7-year old one died. So if I wanted to keep my PC up and running, I had to buy it. Meh.

#45 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (8880 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Blabadon said:

damn, how did you manage with a 4gb for so long lol. I had an 8gb from the launch bundle and that was ok.

I have been sticking with retail games. My Vita came with the 4GB. I have been trying to hold out until the storage became reasonable. It just looks like it isn't going to happen anytime soon, though.

#46 Posted by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

Ps4

#47 Posted by yokofox33 (30774 posts) -

Probably FFX/FFX-2. Takes me back to my glory years of gaming. Also my favorite game ever.

#48 Edited by Bigboi500 (35550 posts) -

Got Mario Kart 8 for $48 brand new.

@Blabadon said:

You bastard! I paid $80 for mine and thought I got a good deal.

Avatar image for darkspineslayer
#49 Posted by darkspineslayer (21807 posts) -

My imported 64GB Vita card. That thing holds all the games. I love it.

#50 Posted by silversix_ (23421 posts) -

Dark Souls 2. 427h done before i got tired of it, wish every game was that enjoyable and had as much longevity