What to fix with Gears Of War 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danishkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 danishkhan
Member since 2007 • 1162 Posts

1: Longer Campaign
"Oh crap they got me down. HELP!" The campaign of Gears Of War was revolutionary in regards to its co-operative multiplayer campaign. With the ability to play the game and invite a friend, or to be playing and have my game open for my friends to join was awesome. I played the entire game with a friend of mine, and we enjoyed ever minute of it. The only problem was the enjoyment was a little short lived, and left me waiting more. Luckily the multiplayer aspect of the game kept us playing 3 nights a week for about 1 year, so it worked out to our advantage in the end. But I would still like to see a longer campaign in the sequel.

2: Hosted Multiplayer Servers
"Gee, can you guess who the host is?" As I stated before, we played GOW multiplayer for approximately 1 year usually 3 nights a week. But that's not to say there are not flaws in the multiplayer experience, and the biggest one is the host advantage. If you have played the game, then you know what I mean. I don't care how you fix it, just do it. The logical solution is to use some of the money I pay for my XBOX Live subscription and put it towards some servers to host multiplayer games on. If you figure out how to do it without hosted centralized servers fine, but if not then bite the bullet and host it for us.

3: End the Chainsaw invincibility glitch
How many times have you witnessed a comrade fall victim to the chainsaw bayonet? (I love dishing out someones demise that way). You know it's too late to save your friend, but try to kill the enemy while he is chain sawing your team mate, but your weapon seems ineffective. I should not have to wait for someone to complete their chainsaw or curb stomp animation for me to kill them. Epic, make it so.

4: Sticky tags round ending
Ok. If it is me and 1 enemy remaining and he tags me with a sticky grenade, but he also dies in the explosion, don't give him a kill and a win. Or worse, don't give me the victory when all I did was stand next to him when I blew up. No, if we both die from the same grenade, call it a draw.

5: Ranked Matches
Let me play ranked matches with my friends. The achievements are mine to unlock, you don't have to make me play with totally random people who I have no faith in completing a match to the end. If me and my friends are going on together, its because we want to play the entire game together.

6: Active Reload
Something has to be done about active reload in multiplayer matches. How many times have you been killed (or done the killing) by continually being downed by a shot from the sniper rifle that someone has the active reload on. I propose a few different things.

First, make active reload selectable when setting up a multiplayer match. Some times you might active reload so much that you want to disable it for a while.

Second, don't make active reload available unless you are firing rounds at actual enemies. How many times have you been watching someone on the spectator cam setting up active reload when they are not even near combat? You should only get the credit for pulling off the active reload in the heat of battle.

Third, at least for the sniper rifle, make it work only every other shot. Great, you downed me with a active reload shot, thats fair, but don't give that person the ability to keep downing me until I am dead.

Last, vary the timing of the active reload, make it a little harder to pull off.

http://gamersdivided.com/2008/01/02/what_fix_gears_war_2

Fiji-Water

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Fiji-Water
Member since 2008 • 933 Posts
all it needs is new graphics because thats all I care about
web966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 web966
Member since 2005 • 11654 Posts
More variety in the single player. The original was to repetitive.
Miles0T0Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Miles0T0Prower
Member since 2007 • 1990 Posts
I agree but I really liked active reload andd I want 4 player co-op with colt and baird
pro-nathan-07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pro-nathan-07
Member since 2007 • 1591 Posts
vehicles online would be interesting
Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts
Maybe a cool dog that they trained to kill locust. The dog could have big bulky armor like the gears. Oh no RROD. I do like the sound of destructable environments. Maybe a cool motorcycle fight. A V8 chainsaw. "Like a hot knife through butter." Maybe a few summons and a couple of phoenix downs. I want a grenade pistol. Maybe a snow mobile and instead of teh tread in the back it could be like 5 V8 chainsaws in the back. So you could run people over and cut them up. Make boss fights more fun. The ones in gears 1 felt like a chore. Oh another V8 chainsaw. Maybe alittle background on the gears family like behind the music. Some type of .50 cal. gun or a tank. More cowbell. Oh and lots and lots of beer.
Stabby2486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Stabby2486
Member since 2006 • 6688 Posts
It's very hard to pull off a hit with the sniper rifle in Gears so it should be one hit down for actives, but I hate it how whenever I get near a sniper he just runs away, reloads, turns around and shoots me until he downs or kills me, you shouldn't be able to reload while sprinting, climbing, and rolling. And they should add stamina to sprinting and rolling.
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts
im not sure if this bothered anyone else but i really hated it how the cut screens had really bad framerates, they were just so choppy it was just annoying
Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Killfox
Oh man I cant believe I forgot this. They need lots and lots of steroids and HGH.
GIJames248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GIJames248
Member since 2006 • 2176 Posts

Maybe a cool dog that they trained to kill locust. The dog could have big bulky armor like the gears. Oh no RROD. I do like the sound of destructable environments. Maybe a cool motorcycle fight. A V8 chainsaw. "Like a hot knife through butter." Maybe a few summons and a couple of phoenix downs. I want a grenade pistol. Maybe a snow mobile and instead of teh tread in the back it could be like 5 V8 chainsaws in the back. So you could run people over and cut them up. Make boss fights more fun. The ones in gears 1 felt like a chore. Oh another V8 chainsaw. Maybe alittle background on the gears family like behind the music. Some type of .50 cal. gun or a tank. More cowbell. Oh and lots and lots of beer.Killfox

AAAA confirmed with beer.

zero_snake99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 zero_snake99
Member since 2004 • 3478 Posts
Less glitches more story...thats why i despised the first (yes despised...well the glitches made me do that..and inducing an RROD)
haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
They already have destructible environements so thats a huge plus, upgrade the graphics (it's always nice) and a longer story and I'm sold.
phantas777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 phantas777
Member since 2005 • 439 Posts
more multiplayer modes would be my big thing. just give me a good free-for-all so i can work on my game and get better.
Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Killfox

[QUOTE="Killfox"]Maybe a cool dog that they trained to kill locust. The dog could have big bulky armor like the gears. Oh no RROD. I do like the sound of destructable environments. Maybe a cool motorcycle fight. A V8 chainsaw. "Like a hot knife through butter." Maybe a few summons and a couple of phoenix downs. I want a grenade pistol. Maybe a snow mobile and instead of teh tread in the back it could be like 5 V8 chainsaws in the back. So you could run people over and cut them up. Make boss fights more fun. The ones in gears 1 felt like a chore. Oh another V8 chainsaw. Maybe alittle background on the gears family like behind the music. Some type of .50 cal. gun or a tank. More cowbell. Oh and lots and lots of beer.GIJames248

AAAA confirmed with beer.

Half of the stuff I said was serious the other half whats just fun and games. The highlighted is me being serious.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Killfox

They already have destructible environements so thats a huge plus, upgrade the graphics (it's always nice) and a longer story and I'm sold.haris12121212

If thats your idea of destructable environments then thats just tsk tsk.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#16 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
I just want the movement to be fixed. Everyone moves like a tank. I know they're big dudes, but come on...
haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 haris12121212

[QUOTE="haris12121212"]They already have destructible environements so thats a huge plus, upgrade the graphics (it's always nice) and a longer story and I'm sold.Killfox

I was talking about what they showed during that trailer. They said everything can be destroyed now, walls etc.
Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Killfox
[QUOTE="Killfox"]

[QUOTE="haris12121212"]They already have destructible environements so thats a huge plus, upgrade the graphics (it's always nice) and a longer story and I'm sold.haris12121212

I was talking about what they showed during that trailer. They said everything can be destroyed now, walls etc.

Gotcha. I thought you were talking about Gears of War. Then yes I do like the ......

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts

"The achievements are mine to unlock" = flat out wrong. Ranked matches with friends is a horrible idea. You cant trust people to not cheat in these situations, and getting together in a room to simply cheat your way through the achievements undermines the entire point of setting these challenges in the first place.

I agree with hosted games however. I also think that if i snipe a guy while he's performing a curb stomp animation; surely the guy he was going to stomp should live? I mean as it is obviousl you cant kill a guy curb stomping. The animation has to finish and then you can inflict damage again. I think you should be able to shoot, and kill, a curb stomped however before they make contact on the player's head.

Get rid of active-reload sniper rifle. No weapon on any game should be a one-shot, from-the-hip, huge-reticule, insta-death gun regardless of where you're hit. Just wrong.

Ninja-Vox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ninja-Vox
Member since 2006 • 16314 Posts

I just want the movement to be fixed. Everyone moves like a tank. I know they're big dudes, but come on...SolidSnake35

Even though the game isn't remotely aimed at realism, that is in fairness how a soldier realistically moves. You're weighed down by so much armour and gear, you're going to slug it along at a consistant, steady pace. Gears wouldn't feel the same if you were sprinting around at full speed like Dante.

Cedmln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 Cedmln
Member since 2006 • 8802 Posts
I disagree with number 5 and 6.
frankeyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#22 frankeyser
Member since 2004 • 5667 Posts

I would like bigger teams (6 on 6 would be perfect IMO)

I would like a bit tighter controls and the option to play with a keyboard & mouse hooked up by one of the usb ports. if not that i would like customizable controls. I would have loved if the A button would have been assaignable to one of the bumpers. it would have made running and camera control so much easier.

I would like a bit longer campain

four player co op

a story that is fleshed out.

underground civilizations of the locust horde would be cool.

maybe the chance to play as locust in single player. that could be pretty cool. or some locust have defected to the humans side and you can play as them.

i would like more death animations, perhaps a specail kill animation with each weapon, like a pistol whip head bash would be cool.

rrr i have a lot more... but i will just end it hear because who cares what i want haha it is what the developers end up doing.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#23 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]I just want the movement to be fixed. Everyone moves like a tank. I know they're big dudes, but come on...Ninja-Vox

Even though the game isn't remotely aimed at realism, that is in fairness how a soldier realistically moves. You're weighed down by so much armour and gear, you're going to slug it along at a consistant, steady pace. Gears wouldn't feel the same if you were sprinting around at full speed like Dante.

True. I just found it to be really frustrating online, especially the sprinting, because you get stuck running in one direction.
UDA1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 UDA1983
Member since 2005 • 859 Posts

What I want in Gears of War 2?

- Like the OP stated, fix the Host advantage problem, nuff said.

- Fix the chainsaw, if I shoot someone coming at me with a chainsaw it should go down ALWAYS, not most of the time and none of that chainsaw vacuum, I don't have too much a problem with the invincibility thing but it'd help...

- Fix the grenade explosions, about as random as the boomshot in terms of radius.

- Melee, it's unfair that when someone melee's you with a weapon excluding the shotgun you're pretty much dead unless you have teammates around, they should make all melee's like the shotgun, in which you can only use it once and then have to wait a few seconds before using it again, in other words you can down someone with two consecutive melee's.

- No vehicles, no more than 5 vs. 5, I'd stick to 4 vs. 4 but that's me...

- Please rid the game of glitches/errors, no more weapon sliding, getting out of maps, weird moonwalk run thing, etc.

haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 haris12121212
[QUOTE="Ninja-Vox"]

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]I just want the movement to be fixed. Everyone moves like a tank. I know they're big dudes, but come on...SolidSnake35

True. I just found it to be really frustrating online, especially the sprinting, because you get stuck running in one direction.

Yeah, although not that bad, one could live with it, the sprinting could also get some work. But I don't consider it something that huge of a problem.
Vandalvideo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#26 Vandalvideo
Member since 2003 • 39655 Posts
Fix the dang story. It was so covoluted last time.
jackvegas21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jackvegas21
Member since 2007 • 3157 Posts

Add Characters with sex appeal

Clocks

Wretches that you have to shake off with the analog stick.

EuroMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 EuroMafia
Member since 2008 • 7026 Posts
More weapons and a bit more original weapons.
jethrovegas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jethrovegas
Member since 2007 • 5103 Posts
Better boss battles, way more weapons, more enemy types, more variety, 4 player co-op, and a smoother, more refined, MP experience.
Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Killfox
Needs more cowbell.
SaintBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31 SaintBlaze
Member since 2007 • 7736 Posts
I just want a better single player and no host advantage.
stephant_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 stephant_6
Member since 2005 • 1758 Posts

Plez...

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Killfox
There seriously needs to be a button to inject steroids into each other.