what system to get

This topic is locked from further discussion.

whitefirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 whitefirex
Member since 2006 • 839 Posts
well here is the problem, I can get a new system I already have the wii but I want another system and it between the 360 elite or get a ps3. I want to know which is the best out of the 2 is the ps3 a better buy than the elite? or is the 360 elite the better one, I can't decide and it's driving me crazy... Because I know the ps3 will start have some good stuff soon like the home thing that I really want to get, but the 360 has a really good online system and all and I love online gaming. so what do you guys think is the better system to buy overall?
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts
If you want a console now, the 360 is a better choice IMO than the PS3. Down the road who knows though. So it just depends on what you're looking for, but you did say you love online gaming. So I think you would enjoy an XBox 360 more.
whitefirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 whitefirex
yeah the elite might just be the one for me, but still I don't know because the ps3 still looks good... but thanks for your opinion I'll just have to see all the game and everthing for both system and see what I like more.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts

Why are there so many threads about this same topic? Buy the system that has more games that appeal to you. Its simple. Cost vs reward. If you buy a PS3 but only like one game, its not worth it. If you can buy a 360 and get 5 games you like, then that one is worth it. (It could be the other way, its just an example. I am not saying 360 over PS3)

Look at what systems have what games that interest you, at this moment, then look into the future titles. 

Kaarstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Kaarstein
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts
Why do you want the 360 Elite instead of the regular 360 premium? Just wondering if the multimedia components are important factors for you in choosing between 360 and PS3.
whitefirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 whitefirex

Why do you want the 360 Elite instead of the regular 360 premium? Just wondering if the multimedia components are important factors for you in choosing between 360 and PS3.Kaarstein

well the reason why I want the elite over the other one is because I waited this long and it's gonna becoming out soon so why not? 

and it has a lot more memory which is a good thing. 

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
*waves hand*

You want to buy the Xbox 360. You find the games to be entertaining and enjoyable.

Seriously though. Look at the list of exclusive games coming to both, ask yourself which one's you want more, then take a look in your wallet and decide.
AB_Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 AB_Uppercut
Member since 2007 • 1287 Posts

I'm gonna say get the PS3 because its an Elite console right from the get go plus it has lots of amazing exclusives, check the sig.

The thing is sure you waited for the Elite but what if Microsoft brought out another version of the 360 a year from now.

360 Supreme now with added Blue-Ray Player

Kaarstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Kaarstein
Member since 2006 • 5306 Posts

[QUOTE="Kaarstein"]Why do you want the 360 Elite instead of the regular 360 premium? Just wondering if the multimedia components are important factors for you in choosing between 360 and PS3.whitefirex

well the reason why I want the elite over the other one is because I waited this long and it's gonna becoming out soon so why not? 

and it has a lot more memory which is a good thing. 

Then I`ll assume money is not an issue either. Then you should look at what games is on each console, I would pay particular attention to first-party since most 3rd party games I think will be multiplatt. Another thing is the online aspect, do you feel that 360`s unfied servers with the same friendlist for everygame and the abilety to join in on games when you see your friends are playing and be able to communicate even when your playing different games? Or is PS3`s Home more interesting for you, are you perhaps more intrigued about what Sony will do with their virtual world and how much it will impact games? I cant really tell you what you should do, but I can tell you why I chose the 360 to accompany my Wii. I like 360`s gamepad alot more, I like the superb unified online system with all of its features, and gaming wise well... most of the games I want for 360/PS3 is multiplatt so thats OK. Obviously there will be some games I will miss but I realise that will happen anyway as long as I dont have them all. Hope that helps :)
CB4McGusto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CB4McGusto
Member since 2007 • 2644 Posts

What are your favorite two genres?

Action/Adventure, JPRG's, Fighting, or somewhat of a shooter fan get a ps3!

Shooters, WRPG's, somewhat of an Action/Adventure fan get a 360!

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
I own both the 360 and the ps3. I can EASILY tell you to pick the 360 over the PS3.
whitefirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 whitefirex

wow so much to decide on..... I think I might just go ahead with the elite but the future of the ps3 looks like it may be really good

either way it's gonna be a risk for which ever system I choose to get to be along side with my wii. I just wish I have the money to get 

both.. then I wouldn't have to worry about all of this... 

evilbarbarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 evilbarbarian
Member since 2005 • 3883 Posts
PC?
gnavazl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points