What system do you want Persona 5 to be on?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by charizard1605 (57752 posts) -

It's coming, we all know that. The last bastion of traditional JRPG gaming (and one of the best series on the market) is getting a fifth entry soon; everybody's been waiting for this for five years now, but what system do you want to see it on?

Personally, I have just one request: I don't care what system Persona 5 goes on, as long as it also gets a Vita version. Put it on PS3, or Xbox, or Wii U, or 3DS, or my toaster for all I fucking care, just as long as you also put it on the Vita. Persona is made for Vita, and Vita is made for Persona.

And after all the effort Atlus put in bringing the Persona series to the portable PlayStation systems, it would be a bit of a waste if P5 skipped the Vita entirely.

#2 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8507 posts) -

Ps4 vita cross play/buy

#3 Edited by treedoor (7648 posts) -

PC only

#4 Posted by finalstar2007 (25206 posts) -

PlayStation 4 diffidently

#5 Posted by FinalFighters (1491 posts) -

isnt it a sony exclusive franchise?

#6 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7280 posts) -

Wii U

#7 Posted by Renegade_Fury (17164 posts) -

SEGA 32X

#8 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3579 posts) -

Wii U.

#9 Posted by charizard1605 (57752 posts) -

@FinalFighters said:

Not really, it's just never appeared on anything but a Sony system

#10 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11861 posts) -

lolPersona

#11 Posted by SirSlimyScott (266 posts) -

PS4/Vita, it'll be great if they cross buy it like many other games, so you can carry the living room experience to the bus.

#12 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25700 posts) -

I agree with what you said about that there Vita. Every Persona game so far is on it.

#13 Posted by Obviously_Right (5097 posts) -

PS4

#14 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15587 posts) -

Ps4, PC, and Xbone.

#15 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

something tells me this would be rather enjoyable on the Wii U, especially with the gamepad screen

#16 Posted by Bigboi500 (29954 posts) -

PS3, PS4, or hell, put it on the Wii U just to piss off the haters.

#17 Posted by glez13 (8835 posts) -

Kinda of topic. Is 4 any good? I tried to play 3 and couldn't take the grind and repetitive nature, sold it away. Still have 4 and have considered trying it out. Is it any different from 3 or should I sell it also?

#18 Edited by charizard1605 (57752 posts) -

@glez13 said:

Kinda of topic. Is 4 any good? I tried to play 3 and couldn't take the grind and repetitive nature, sold it away. Still have 4 and have considered trying it out. Is it any different from 3 or should I sell it also?

It does away with the grind that was Tartarus. It's incredible, give it a shot

#19 Posted by Cheleman (7680 posts) -

lelweeboos

But if I had to choose, the PS4 obviously. Every game deserves to be 1080p :]

#20 Posted by Giancar (19068 posts) -

Honestly? PS4

Could be PS3 too, but I will be too lazy to connect my console in one year to play the game. =/

#21 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6803 posts) -

Sega will put it on the money printer that is the 3DS. Every other platform is secondary.

#22 Posted by AtariKidX (6278 posts) -

PS4/PSVita cross play/buy.

#23 Edited by juarbles (801 posts) -

So pissed that we didn't get P5 on PS3 :(

#24 Posted by scoots9 (3199 posts) -

Wii U or PS3. I don't want it to be limited by 3DS hardware (though I would love a Persona spinoff or another P3 remake on 3DS) and I don't want to buy a PS4. I'd prefer the Wii U over the PS3 because Wii U GamePad > Dualshock 3, in both comfort and fucntionality.

#25 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

Vita.

#26 Edited by Consternated (495 posts) -

Every system that's powerful enough to support it... Why would I want to deprive other gamers?

#27 Edited by Desmonic (14120 posts) -

Vita baby! F*ckin Master Race! Shame I haven't even tried P4G yet haha :P

#28 Posted by _Matt_ (8911 posts) -

Vita ofc :)

#29 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8741 posts) -

PS4/Vita with Cross Save. Can't see it being Cross Buy though.

#30 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@FinalFighters said:

Not really, it's just never appeared on anything but a Sony system

That means it's a sony exclusive franchise then lol, if it's only been on a sony system, then it's exclusive.

#31 Posted by Gxgear (10425 posts) -

Handhelds if it's not trying to break new grounds.

Next-gen if it's doing a revamp.

#32 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

All systems so everybody that wishes to play it, can. I would pick it up on PC.

#33 Posted by laus_basic (8286 posts) -

WiiU. Being on a capable system and pissing off lots of fanboys.

#34 Edited by oddballrulez (1642 posts) -

I'd personally like to see it hit Vita.

P4G was such an amazing experience; and the day to day narrative/layout of the game made it perfect for long or short play sessions. The style/graphics really popped on the OLED screen, and kept me both attracted and entertained for some 100 hours. It deserves every bit of the praise it gets, and should realistically be hand held GOTY.

I imagine a Persona game built specifically for the Vita would look beautiful, and would definitely help shift some units! Though I wouldn't say no to a PS4 version. (It'd be strange to play the series on another platform! :P )

#35 Posted by Raptor_Herc (224 posts) -

A 3DS version would be splendid.

#36 Edited by RogueStatus28 (513 posts) -

It would sell the most on 3DS

But fans want it for PS4 and Vita

#37 Posted by MajesticShea (695 posts) -

PS Vita is a much better system than the 3ds

PS Plus has been a godsend.

#38 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

I'd love a Vita version. The series felt so right on the system after playing P4G, P3P, and P2IS on it. It just works.

#39 Edited by lamprey263 (23973 posts) -

I want Atlus to release it on PS4, X1, and Wii U, there's enough Sony exclusives to be a fanboy about but I want the Persona series to get greater exposure in hopes it sells better and they make them more frequently. Plus if the series starts selling better maybe we'll get HD console collections of Persona 3 FES and Persona 4: The Golden, and hell maybe even more collections of the other SMT games.

I'd like to see the older PS2 SMT games ported to the 3DS and Vita.

#40 Posted by ManInFlames-77 (291 posts) -

PS4

#41 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6571 posts) -

Its probably gonna be on PS3 or Vita. Why would it be anywhere else? The persona fanbase is on sony stuff.

#42 Posted by bbkkristian (14953 posts) -

Wii U. Would definitely cater to the niche crowd alongside FExSMT.

#43 Posted by Whiteblade999 (5537 posts) -

PC, I don't care what else they release it for, I just want more JRPGs that don't suck on the PC.

#44 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5548 posts) -

PS4.

#45 Posted by RogueStatus28 (513 posts) -

Atlus was close with Nintendo, Sega who is also currently very close with Nintendo bought Atlus so I wouldn't see why not. It was just get people angry like the Bayonetta 2 fiasco but they'll just have to buy Wii U's. They complain about Wii U not having third party then get mad once it gets third party exclusive

So... I HOPE Persona5, Wii U exclusive

#46 Edited by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

Putting it on a wii u would be a death wish in japan, And the Persona audience are on sony systems.

Anyways, PS4/PS3/PS VITA would be the best choice.

#47 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5548 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

I hope they haven't canned that game.

#48 Posted by Samus3D (1675 posts) -

3DS has a strong RPG audience, it would sell very well on that platform.

Wii U would bring in some sales and welcome the niche crowd next to Fire Emblem X SMT and Xenoblade II.

@Sweenix said:

@bbkkristian said:

Putting it on a wii u would be a death wish in japan.

I think PS4/PS3/PS VITA would be the best choice, seeing as persona has always been a sony exclusive, and the persona fanbase own sony systems.

The Shin Megami Tensei series for the most part was Sony exclusive until brought over to Nintendo.

#49 Posted by bbkkristian (14953 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93: nah it's still going. It's in the same limbo monolith Soft's X is in at the moment. No news, whatsoever. Nintendo's treehouse is sealed tighter than a chastity belt, so don't expect leaks anytime soon.

#50 Edited by bbkkristian (14953 posts) -

@Sweenix: did you forget the Vita was on a deathbed before Persona 4 Golden? How is it different that Persona will be put on Wii U? The people will flock to it in the same way. Persona is drugs to people in Japan, so They will follow wherever it goes.