What's your starter class gonna be in Dark Souls 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16389 posts) -

I'm leaning towards Dual Wielder. I usually take a tank approach to RPGs like Souls, so Dual Wielder seems like a great change of pace in a familiar style for me (focus on quick movement and fast attacks versus absorbing damage). Not only that, but the class looks badass. I'm theorizing that your character's effectiveness with two weapons will be determined by Dexterity, which means Dex may finally have a use after all.

What about SW? Who are you going to choose to begin with in Dark Souls 2?

#2 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10026 posts) -
#3 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16389 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED: Are we suddenly not allowed to discuss individual games on this particular forum?

#4 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

Don't know. I doubt it'll matter much based on previous games. I guess I'll go with explorer, since they look kinda goofy.

#5 Posted by Boddicker (2272 posts) -

What are the available starting classes?

#6 Edited by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

@Boddicker said:

What are the available starting classes?

Warrior
A warrior that lives on the battle field. Has high Strength and Dexterity, making it easy to meet stat requirements for weapons. Has a shield from the beginning.
Knight
A traveling knight. Has high Vigor and Adaptability allowing them to withstand many hits. Does not come equipped with a shield, so players need to be cautious at the beginning. Has fairly high Faith.
Swordsman
A swordsman with honed skills. Fights skillfully with weapons equipped in each hand. Equipped with an upgraded Scimitar and Longsword from the start.
Bandit
A ruthless bandit. Has high Dexterity and can use a bow. Can react to both long range and short range threats. Best for players that want to create a Dexterity build.
Cleric
A cleric on a pilgrimage. Their miracles and high Faith can show them the way forward. Has learned the Heal miracle from the start and can explore with persistence.
Sorcerer
A wise sorcerer. Can command sorcery with high Intelligence and Attunement. Has learned Souls Arrow and is good at long ranged combat.
Explorer
An explorer traveling through many lands. Does not excel in any particular area, but comes equipped with many items, allowing them to fight advantageously at the beginning of the game.
Deprived
A nude person with an unknown background. Fights empty-handed. Their body itself is the proof of their existence. Starts at level 1 and therefore can grow in whatever way the player wishes to.
Dark Souls Wiki
#7 Posted by cainetao11 (15825 posts) -

Clicker

#8 Posted by CrownKingArthur (3741 posts) -

real/juarbles gamer

#9 Posted by jg4xchamp (46627 posts) -

Knight or Explorer if he ends up being what the Wanderer was.

Swordsman sounds cool.

#10 Posted by _Matt_ (8762 posts) -

If a faith build becomes viable like it was in Demon's Souls; then I may go Cleric or Knight. If it's how crappy it was in Dark Souls, then I guess I will start swordsman to see how well dual wielding goes this time.

#11 Posted by GhoX (4653 posts) -

The one with the lowest soul level, of course. Fewer wasted stats that way.

#12 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (17095 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED: Are we suddenly not allowed to discuss individual games on this particular forum?

This is too specific a thing to discuss.

#13 Posted by silversix_ (13570 posts) -

Do they all start at level 1 this time around? I want to spend max amount of attributes so i want the lowest possible level so whatever

#14 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24241 posts) -

Always Deprived.

#15 Posted by CTR360 (6851 posts) -

knight for the 360 version explorer for the ps3 version

#16 Posted by Dire_Weasel (15874 posts) -

@GhoX said:

The one with the lowest soul level, of course. Fewer wasted stats that way.

This is the most informed answer so far. :)

Yeah, I'll carefully look at the starting stats and find a starting character that hasn't "wasted" any points toward stats that I won't use.

Really looking forward to this one.

#17 Posted by lostrib (31539 posts) -

Jew...wait, wrong game

#18 Edited by jake44 (1901 posts) -

I think I'll go Knight my first time, but that depends on the starting stats. I really want to do a strength/faith build for some reason.

#19 Edited by turtlethetaffer (16389 posts) -

@jake44: All you need to do is look to your avatar for the answer.

#20 Edited by jake44 (1901 posts) -
#21 Posted by sonicare (53438 posts) -

I beat demon's souls, but did not finish dark souls.

#22 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38161 posts) -

I appreciate this thread for what it is, but it's not SW material.