What's with this exclusive drought?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#1 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts
PS4 Exclusive List :(
PS4 Exclusive List :(

It's been 11 months since the PS4 received a retail game that actually met hype, or was worth talking about (AAE+). The last great exclusive was Infamous: Second Son back in March of 2014. We're creeping up on March yet again and yet not a single retail AAE or above has come to pass, or even AE.

Is this a first for any system to make it through the holidays without a single high quality exclusive or am I off my rocker?

Will Bloodborne be able to get the PS4 out of this hole and at least manage to scrape by with an AAE? Thankfully for some, the PS4 has a handful of digital games to wet the appetite (although none have jumped out at me), but the lack of games is pretty weak.

The Xbox One is looking bleak until the holidays with big exclusives as well, but at least the Wii U has some big exclusives games coming up like Mario Party. E3 needs to come sooner (and not just because of the fact that Bethesda will be there).

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

LOL. As if bethesda is a reason to be excited for E3. **** Bethesda and their shitty half baked unfinished glitch riddled games.

On topic. This is the generation of multiplats. The Wii U is the only console with exclusives worth owning. That's why I bought a wIi U and built a PC.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@inb4uall said:

LOL. As if bethesda is a reason to be excited for E3. **** Bethesda and their shitty half baked unfinished glitch riddled games.

On topic. This is the generation of multiplats. The Wii U is the only console with exclusives worth owning. That's why I bought a wIi U and built a PC.

Godrim was pretty stellar.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 inb4uall

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@inb4uall said:

Yeah if you're into mammoths that spawn in midair and fall to their death in front of you. Or giants that hit you halfway across the map. Their games are unpolished. Their lack of respect for the people who buy their games disgusts me.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I have a hefty backlog of games so no drought for me.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@inb4uall said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@inb4uall said:

Yeah if you're into mammoths that spawn in midair and fall to their death in front of you. Or giants that hit you halfway across the map. Their games are unpolished. Their lack of respect for the people who buy their games disgusts me.

Never ran into that, as my experience was pretty stellar. Their games are also extremely large games with a crap ton of content so it doesn't surprise me that the games are unpolished in certain avenues. Pretty moot anyways with the massive modding community and the ability to mod the crap out of the games. However, that's besides the point of this thread. :P

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

@inb4uall said:

Their lack of respect for the people who buy their games disgusts me.

I think that is unfair, as it is the same story with Rockstar North and Grand Theft Auto(mainly I refer to the online portion). Bugs are kinda par for the course with those huge sprawling epics.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 inb4uall

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@inb4uall said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@inb4uall said:

Never ran into that, as my experience was pretty stellar. Their games are also extremely large games with a crap ton of content so it doesn't surprise me that the games are unpolished in certain avenues. Pretty moot anyways with the massive modding community and the ability to mod the crap out of the games. However, that's besides the point of this thread. :P

We can get back on topic. However the excuse that the games are big somehow makes up for the glitches is a bullshit excuse and you know it.

Shit like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeWYN2xiyRo

is stuff that if they even went through the game once they should have caught it.

Yeah the game is big. That's no excuse. If you can't deliver a quality product on the scale you are working then you need to make things on a scale that you can.

You can't write a book and not proofread it.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

Lack of third party exclusives. MS has next to know internal devs so they require third parties to make their games and they're not paying for many. Sony has some talented devs but they also have quite a few average ones, hence some low quality games. Nintendo is just being Nintendo.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46279 Posts

How many millions has the PS4 sold already ?

If the gamers don't demand good exclusives as a basis on which to buy a console, than that results in clear lack of them.

@inb4uall said:

Yes, currently Bethesda and the imminent announcement of Dishonored II is the TOP reason I'm exited for E3.

Bethesda aren't only a developer ;)

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@inb4uall said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

We can get back on topic. However the excuse that the games are big somehow makes up for the glitches is a bullshit excuse and you know it.

Shit like this

is stuff that if they even went through the game once they should have caught it.

Yeah the game is big. That's no excuse. If you can't deliver a quality product on the scale you are working then you need to make things on a scale that you can.

Doesn't matter at the end of the day, because mods.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@inb4uall said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Shit like this

"muh mods"

No matter how much lipstick you put on a pig it's still a pig. Modded Skyrim will never turn into a completely new gameplay experience with fun, impactful combat and interesting lore/characters. At least you can make it a pretty walking simulator with ENB and texture mods, so in that regard the unmoddable console versions have nothing going for them.

On topic: Bloodborne releases in less than a month and it will be AAAE.

Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator

@princeofshapeir said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

"muh mods"

No matter how much lipstick you put on a pig it's still a pig. Modded Skyrim will never turn into a completely new gameplay experience with fun, impactful combat and interesting lore/characters. At least you can make it a pretty walking simulator with ENB and texture mods, so in that regard the unmoddable console versions have nothing going for them.

Keep telling yourself that; reality is far different.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5882 Posts

@sukraj said:

Same here, but I don't have the same time to play as I used to.

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 princeofshapeir

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@princeofshapeir said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

"muh mods"

Which part of my post are you replying to? I've got an obscene amount of playtime on the PC version of Skyrim so I think I'm qualified to say how lacking the game is even with mods, and based on the pedigree of the Souls series Bloodborne being AAAE is the safest bet one could make.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#16  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

Another buyers remorse thread lol

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

The drought is non existent for me since I'm still playing DriveClub as well as a backlog of games, and Bloodborne will be out very shortly.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

Well Mr. Stevo, it's timing. Even when the big boys console exclusive games gotta take time to be perfect so this is no surprise and I don't see why anyone should be worrying about exclusive games when there's 3rd party games to play and I'm backlog as hell like 4 games I haven't played yet from steam sales and consoles sells. Xbox One has more exclusive games then PS4 but they both have games, it depends on what type of game you want to play.

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
@princeofshapeir said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@princeofshapeir said:

"muh mods"

Which part of my post are you replying to? I've got an obscene amount of playtime on the PC version of Skyrim so I think I'm qualified to say how lacking the game is even with mods, and based on the pedigree of the Souls series Bloodborne being AAAE is the safest bet one could make.

So you spent an obscene amount of time on a game that you don't think had fun combat or interesting lore/characters? Sounds like you need to rethink how you play games.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

yea, its a real bummer. I was pretty set on getting a PS4 early last year. Then E3 happened and as the holidays approached it looked less and less appealing compared to the xbone which was so desperate that they knocked $150 off the price the originally launched at a year earlier and threw in a bunch of games.

zassimick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

User Lists: 2

#21 zassimick  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 10470 Posts

Damnit, now I want to play Skyrim. Way to go guys.

On topic: not sure if the drought is unprecedented but games will come.I'm not worried. I've got plenty to play on all three consoles.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

At this point in the game, I wouldn't focus so much on exclusives but rather focus on the entire game drought in general. Exclusives will be less and less this gen as games go to both consoles or over from console to PC since the hardware is much closer to PC spec this generation. The game drought is likely because of the advance in technology, games need to be much more detailed graphically in order to sell well for AAA games, so they will take longer to make.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Drought? What drought? Wii U owners have plenty of good exclusives to play.

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 princeofshapeir

@chessmaster1989 said:
@princeofshapeir said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@princeofshapeir said:

"muh mods"

So you spent an obscene amount of time on a game that you don't think had fun combat or interesting lore/characters? Sounds like you need to rethink how you play games.

I enjoyed Skyrim for the atmosphere, exploration, and presentation. There were plenty of mods that added to that. The base game is poorly-made and is completely lacking as an RPG, but I can appreciate the work that went into worldbuilding.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

My Wii U gaming has been nothing but paradise. Its been entertaining me since day 1 and continues to do so. I wish the owners of the twins were as fortunate as I am, but it appears that is unlikely. If only Sony and MS loved their fan base as much as Nintendo loves theirs.

mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#27 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts

Were any of you playing games when the PS3 launched? It came out in Nov 06 and didn't get its first triple A title til MGS4 and that came out in June 2008. Lair, Heavenly Sword flopped too.

Relax folks.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

I've never experienced a drought this badly

N64 brought the pain it brought wave race / mario 64 / OOT mario kart 64

there was no drought till xb1/ps4 came along

even the wiiU which is kinda droughting isn't even close to the level ive seen on ps4/xb1 its not even close to the same level of drought

this is disgusting honestly we never saw it on xb360 or ps3 its MAINLY these new twins that are droughting i dunno if its onpurpose wiiU doing games all the time they just got kirby/captain toad

xb1 i haven't seen in a game in months thats exclusive not in months 3DS an all taht oher stuff

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

I'm seriously wandering what's the next big XOne exclusive..... and when. :/

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

@m_machine024 said:

microsoft hasn't said a word about exclusives

remmeber gears of war 1-3 and halo 3 / reach / odst

remmber mass effect 1-3 adn fable 2-3

I HAVENT HEARD A WORD FROM MICROSOFT IN MONTHS WHAT there new games are

they canned all there devs havent made any games lately the system ha zero hype right now no games in the pipes for years

its almost sick wjhy did we buy this we have pc's for multiplats

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@m_machine024:

halo........obv

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

lolsoles

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

@sukraj said:

Same here, but I don't have the same time to play as I used to.

same.

i think the drought happens when ppl dont have backlogs. I will never have a drought lol

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

No drought here. The ScreamRide demo landed last week. In it was 3 game modes consisting of 1 level each. No brah.................I'm good.

m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

@notorious1234na: Any Halo 5 news since E3 2014? That's probably coming out this fall.

@ProtossX said:

@m_machine024 said:

microsoft hasn't said a word about exclusives

remmeber gears of war 1-3 and halo 3 / reach / odst

remmber mass effect 1-3 adn fable 2-3

I HAVENT HEARD A WORD FROM MICROSOFT IN MONTHS WHAT there new games are

they canned all there devs havent made any games lately the system ha zero hype right now no games in the pipes for years

its almost sick wjhy did we buy this we have pc's for multiplats

Hmm yeah that worrisome..... to say the least. :/ What's going on....

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

@m_machine024 said:

@notorious1234na: Any Halo 5 news since E3 2014? That's probably coming out this fall.

yep cuz I googled that shit fall 2015 Halo 5

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#37 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Exclusives are a thing of the past and have been for a good 7 years, publishers are in it for the money.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

Question. Is there an AAAE PS4 game?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#39 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

@inb4uall said:

LOL

Alright buddy.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@m_machine024 said:

i see no reason for them to rush. im still catching up on their games from last year

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

MS has a great exclusive next month...... Fruit Ninja Kinect 2.0 Oh yeahhh, Sony fanboys be like Oh I wish I had that great game!

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

its been dead since TLOU came out on ps3. At least bloodborne is here to save the day.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@Seabas989 said:

Question. Is there an AAAE PS4 game?

Besides multiplat indie games no.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Yeah, PS4 gamers are having a tough time. Very true.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#45 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Why can't you just bend over and accept it like a cow? Why do you have to be so critical of Godny?

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

I sold my WiiU and bought a PS4 this week in preparation for Bloodborne.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

Want good exclusives? Get a PC

NoZakuBoy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By NoZakuBoy09
Member since 2015 • 141 Posts

Nothing you can really do about it, other than go back and play games from previous generations or play the multiplats on the current generation.

I have a Ps2, ps3, Ps4 , WiiU, New 3DSXL.. I have tons of exclusives I haven't played for DS, 3DS, Wii , WiiU. And even more for Ps1 Ps2 and Ps3..

Ps4 gets the least amount of use right now, but I still play multiplats if there are good ones, nothing wrong with that. Also I play the PsPlus games too. Right now I'm playing Dead or Alive 5 Last Round, Smash Bros WiiU, and LoZ Twilight Princess

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#49 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@inb4uall said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@inb4uall said:

Same here. I never ran into any major issue in Skyrim. There are some small bugs here and there but that is to be expected from a game with shit ton of content. Everyone can nitpick small problems in the game. There was never a perfect game and there will NEVER be a perfect game.

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Halo2-Best-FPS
Member since 2004 • 784 Posts

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

Want good exclusives? Get a PC

You mean flash games.