What's the best console exclusive this year?

• 105 results
Posted by charizard1605 (55582 posts) 2 months, 21 days ago

Poll: What's the best console exclusive this year? (97 votes)

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze 5%
inFamous: Second Son 27%
Titanfall 16%
Mario Kart 8 52%

This year has been a bit light on console exclusives, hasn't it? Regardless, each system has gotten at least one, and the games have always been amazing.

So my question to you all is... which console exclusive released this year do you think is the best, and why?

#1 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (8288 posts) -

Nintendo and there are no two doubts about it. Then it's a question whether you prefer SP or MP experiences.

#2 Posted by mikhail (1038 posts) -

The best exclusive so far this year is Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Poll failure.

#3 Posted by Bigboi500 (29145 posts) -

Mario Kart 8. No more rubber-banding.

#4 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34127 posts) -

@mikhail said:

The best exclusive so far this year is Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. Poll failure.

That released last year...

#5 Posted by m3dude1 (1044 posts) -

in terms of gameplay its clearly mario kart so far.

#6 Edited by charizard1605 (55582 posts) -

@mikhail said:

This would be so relevant to this discussion if:

a) A Link Between Worlds was a console game

b) It had actually, you know, released this year

We need to play an online race, man.

#7 Posted by faizan_faizan (7846 posts) -

Two Nintendo games? That's just favouritism.

#8 Posted by Bigboi500 (29145 posts) -

@Bigboi500 said:

We need to play an online race, man.

Word. I usually play online around 12am central time.

#9 Posted by Maroxad (7970 posts) -

Mario Kart 8 is the one of those games that interests me the most, and is the game that is making me seriously consider getting a Wii U.
Donkey Kong and TitanFall are nice to have.
And Infamous from what I have heard and seen is not a very good game.

#10 Edited by charizard1605 (55582 posts) -

I listed every single console exclusive of the year, it's not my fault Nintendo released two of them.

Word. I usually play online around 12am central time.

How about tomorrow? (I mean Monday 12am CT)

#11 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Year isn't even half way over, dipshit.

#12 Edited by Bigboi500 (29145 posts) -

@charizard1605: Count me in.

What I like most about this game online is the utter chaos with twelve people throwing stuff around wildly. You can be damn good at the game and still come in last place from time to time.

#13 Posted by FastRobby (1040 posts) -

You should make it "so far", because I can see Sunset Overdrive competing at the end of the year. Also FH2 and DC

#14 Posted by faizan_faizan (7846 posts) -

@faizan_faizan said:

I listed every single console exclusive of the year, it's not my fault Nintendo released two of them.

Killzone SF? Forza 5?

#15 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (3671 posts) -

making a exclusive of the year thread with just over 5 months gone + 2 ninty titles with 1 of them a racing game. smh

#16 Edited by charizard1605 (55582 posts) -

Killzone SF? Forza 5?

Are not games from this year. Are people's concept of years absolutely whacked up all of a sudden, or what?

making a exclusive of the year thread with just over 5 months gone + 2 ninty titles with 1 of them a racing game. smh

@charizard1605: Count me in.

What I like most about this game online is the utter chaos with twelve people throwing stuff around wildly. You can be damn good at the game and still come in last place from time to time.

Ha. Yes, I noticed that in some local co-op Grand Prixes -_-

You should make it "so far", because I can see Sunset Overdrive competing at the end of the year. Also FH2 and DC

I meant to edit that in, but it's a poll, and poll titles can't be edited :/ I guess that's just implied now.

#17 Posted by freedomfreak (38770 posts) -

uhm

MK8, I guess.

#18 Edited by faizan_faizan (7846 posts) -

@faizan_faizan said:

Killzone SF? Forza 5?

Are not games from this year. Are people's concept of years absolutely whacked up all of a sudden, or what?

Yea, I need some sleep.

#20 Edited by charizard1605 (55582 posts) -

You are a moron and you can't do anything right. Kill yourself before your seed somehow finds a host and further pollutes the world with your filth.

Tell me how you really feel, man. Let it all out, don't hold anything back.

#21 Edited by finalstar2007 (24883 posts) -

Its hard to comment when the provided games are all games i havent played.. i will play infamous ( when i get a PS4 ) and Titanfall ( when it hits PS4 ) later on but based on the provided list none of them.

Best games to come out this year so far are ( at least the ones on top of my head right now ) Tales of Symphonia chronicles, monster monipeice, and a lot others that i forgot about on both PS3 and Vita.

#22 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

You are a moron and you can't do anything right. Kill yourself before your seed somehow finds a host and further pollutes the world with your filth.

Tell me how you really feel, man. Let it all out, don't hold anything back.

I want your dick

#23 Posted by Maroxad (7970 posts) -

Charizard is pretty intelligent. It is not often I get to talk to someone about advanced mathematics, physics or astronomy. Not to mention, at this rate, these will probably be the best console exclusives this year anyway. E3 isnt looking very hot and I am not sure much more worthwhile will be console exclusive this year.

His tastes are also better than yours ;)

#24 Edited by Lucianu (9315 posts) -

The WiiU has the best offerings, and given the announcements, i can't see that changing this year.

#25 Posted by lamprey263 (22827 posts) -

hopefully it's Bayonetta 2

#26 Posted by thehig1 (1186 posts) -

Is that all I've missed out in this year so far, I'm not getting a gen 8 console anytime soon then

#27 Posted by Sweenix (5396 posts) -

No mention of the PS3?

could this thread be anymore inaccurate

#28 Posted by aroxx_ab (9220 posts) -

Infamous:SS so far, some kiddy cartoon racer is not my cup of tea.Titanfall is not an exclusive game.

#29 Posted by Suppaman100 (3713 posts) -

Let's wait untill the year is over mmkay?

#30 Edited by charizard1605 (55582 posts) -

Let's wait untill the year is over mmkay?

I actually wanted to go back and edit in 'so far' into the title, but you can't edit poll titles.

@Sweenix said:

No mention of the PS3?

could this thread be anymore inaccurate

Help me out here: what PS3 exclusives?

#31 Posted by KiZZo1 (3962 posts) -

Nothing impressive so far ...

#32 Posted by blamix99 (1623 posts) -

MK8 then Infamous SS for me, lol.. Nothing on X1 this yr

#33 Edited by AzatiS (7155 posts) -

We have 6 months to go.... what the hell !

#34 Edited by SolidGame_basic (16511 posts) -

Is this a very subtle pro Mario Kart thread lol also you forgot mlb the show

#35 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2275 posts) -

None of them interest me and I haven't played any of them but Titanfall looks like fun . So ... Titanfall .

#36 Posted by jake44 (1942 posts) -

Infamous for me. Not a fan of MK anymore.

#37 Posted by Jeager_Titan (945 posts) -

Mario kart 8.

#38 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

Bayonetta 2 if I were to pick one from a competing console.

#39 Edited by sHaDyCuBe321 (4045 posts) -
#40 Posted by yokofox33 (29242 posts) -

I guess Mario Kart 8. Game can be really cheap though at times, and even though the gameplay is great, it's a fairly bare bones racing game.

#41 Posted by trugs26 (5230 posts) -

I've played DK, MK8 and Titanfall (PC version).

MK8 is my favorite. I played a demo of inFamous 2, but I'm not a fan.

#42 Edited by remiks00 (1646 posts) -

@charizard1605 I haven't played MK8, but from that list I'd probably vote MK8 or Titanfall. Infamous SS was incredibly boring. Maybe that's because I've played Infamous 1 & 2 in the past, and SS was really not much different. Those repetitive side missions...ugh. I digress...

Btw bro, Titanfall isn't a "console exclusive", I have it on PC. But, whatever. :-P

#43 Posted by Maroxad (7970 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

@charizard1605 I haven't played MK8, but from that list I'd probably vote MK8 or Titanfall. Infamous SS was incredibly boring. Maybe that's because I've played Infamous 1 & 2 in the past, and SS was really not much different. Those repetitive side missions...ugh. I digress...

Btw bro, Titanfall isn't a "console exclusive", I have it on PC. But, whatever. :-P

Console exclusive is a term around here though, basically it means an game that comes to only one of the consoles (but not necessarily exclusive to that system) so a PC/360 game is console exclusive to the 360. Unnecessary? Yes.

#44 Edited by clyde46 (44097 posts) -

I would say SS.

#45 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69814 posts) -

That has to be Mario Kart 8

#46 Edited by SolidGame_basic (16511 posts) -

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@SolidGame_basic: The Show is not exclusive and neither is Titanfall.

lmao not this conversation again. Of course The Show is a console exclusive. What other console can play The Show? the Vita is a handheld. Is a potential buyer going to say "well, hmm. The PS4 has the Show, and the X1/360 or Wii U don't have it, but wait! I can get the inferior port on a handheld!" There's also a reason why MS tried so hard to get Titanfall on X1 despite it being available on PC.

#47 Posted by remiks00 (1646 posts) -
#48 Edited by sHaDyCuBe321 (4045 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: It's out on the PS3 and it was out a month earlier. If I can get it anywhere else it's not exclusive. Anyone who argues it's console exclusive is wrong because it's on more than one console. I don't need a PS4 to play it, just like I don't need an Xbox One to play Titanfall.

#49 Edited by SolidGame_basic (16511 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic: It's out on the PS3 and it was out a month earlier. If I can get it anywhere else it's not exclusive. Anyone who argues it's console exclusive is wrong because it's on more than one console. I don't need a PS4 to play it, just like I don't need an Xbox One to play Titanfall.

I see your point, however, it is still within the Playstation ecosystem. If you are considering another platform like X1/360, Wii U or even PC, you're out of luck.

#50 Posted by Heirren (16306 posts) -

Mario Kart 8 is by far the best. Better question is what was the best great game SINCE MK8.

...and on Mario Kart 8...an 8 on Gamespot? Holysht that has got to be the worst review they've ever done, EVER. Yes, ever. Not exaggerating. They need to rethink their review process or even their staff. This game deserves as much praise as Mario Galaxy.