What price point would motivate you to buy an XBone?

Posted by inb4uall (5937 posts) 7 months, 11 days ago

Poll: What price point would motivate you to buy an XBone? (79 votes)

$350 11%
$300 8%
$250 10%
$200 15%
$150 4%
$100 5%
$100 and some bundled games? 47%

It's obvious that the XBone has hit a bit of a rough patch. Sales are abysmal and Microsofts last quarter was one of the worst in recent memory for a home console. How far would microsoft have to bend over backward to get you to buy the ONE console no one wants?

#1 Posted by happyduds77 (1541 posts) -

Xbox One is practically useless without Xbox Live Gold so even $10 wouldn't satisfy me.

#2 Posted by Ballroompirate (23484 posts) -

No desire to buy one

#3 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

£199 for a slim Bone and Halo, Quantom Break, Crackdown, monthly GWG games, etc is a good buy.

#4 Posted by inb4uall (5937 posts) -

Personally I'll probably pick one up when they come free as prizes in cereal.

#5 Edited by SolidTy (45199 posts) -

I already got one, but I have had friends tell me they are waiting for the $300 Kinectless models new, so they can find those same models used for $200-$250. They also stated they might bite for a $300 Kinect Xbone which is currently $500.

In the meantime, they are big 360 people and haven't made the current gen jump. They don't need to either with the most games that interest them like Assassin's Creed and Destiny coming to current gen. Too many cross gen games. Who knows, if the pricing doesn't work out they may go Wii U or PS4 this gen. Many of them came from PS2 and GC to 360. It's up to M$ at this point by making exclusives that interest my friends.

#6 Edited by kinectthedots (2244 posts) -

XB1 really seems pointless this gen.

it has some nice games, but MS has shit practices that they only seem to be letting up on because their back is against the wall.

Honestly if it wasn't for MS's terrible history of screwing fans who invest in their systems mid-gen then I would probably have already bought one ($400 version, not the lol U were stupid $500 one).

Knowing MS is the way they are, and the fact that they will probably abandon the bone after next year due to sales and ride out on multiplats for the remainder of it's existence; $250 is probably about right for the few worthwhile exclusives the system may end up seeing before it's trashed.

#7 Edited by Krelian-co (12196 posts) -

I am not unreasonable, if they give me one for free i might be willing to clear space in my living room.

#8 Posted by tubbyc (3784 posts) -

Not sure I'll ever want one.

#9 Posted by Sollet (7445 posts) -

Where is the "Lol, no thanks" option?

#10 Posted by stereointegrity (10767 posts) -

i wont buy one again....had it for a month and sold it..no point in having it for inferior multiplats

#11 Posted by silversix_ (15335 posts) -

None because there's no point for this system to exist. All multiplats are on ps4 while looking better and spending money for three franchises MS has is just not worth it. This console is just unwanted that's about it.

#12 Posted by sukraj (23489 posts) -

I already have one and I got it at launch.

#13 Edited by Cheleman (7772 posts) -

50% less power than PS4 | 100% shittier exclusives | 100% failure rate

50% + 100% + 100% = 250%

400 - 250% = $-600

if my calculations are correct, that piece of shit should be given away for free, with a $600 giftcard in return, as an apology letter to all gamers around the world for failing so hard this generation.

#14 Posted by _Matt_ (9069 posts) -

£250 and I will probably buy it.

#15 Edited by SYSTEM-REBOOT (656 posts) -

Not even Free of cost.

#16 Edited by inb4uall (5937 posts) -

@Cheleman said:

50% + 100% + 100% = 250%

400 - 250% = $-600

if my calculations are correct, that piece of shit should be given away for free, with a $600 giftcard in return, as an apology letter to all gamers around the world for failing so hard this generation.

lol'd

#17 Posted by RossRichard (2409 posts) -

I have a gaming PC, so really no need for an XBone. The only XBone exclusive that was even remotely appealing to me is coming out for PC next month. And no upcoming exclusives are interesting in the least.

#18 Posted by sukraj (23489 posts) -

@Cheleman said:

50% + 100% + 100% = 250%

400 - 250% = $-600

don't do it man

#19 Edited by sts106mat (20188 posts) -

got one and spend more time on it than i do my PS4 at the moment. overall the wealth of features make it the better product IMO.

But just as a gaming console, PS4 is the right choice. The PS4 controller is great too.

#20 Posted by elkoldo (1276 posts) -
@Cheleman said:

50% + 100% + 100% = 250%

400 - 250% = $-600

ROFLMAO....

Now seriously ,ideally speaking : No more than 200 bucks plus something exclusive like Alan Wake to make it worthwhile ,and jailbroken.

#21 Posted by Shielder7 (5155 posts) -

The problem with the Xbone is it doesn't even have the classical exclusives Like the Wii U. Don't get me wrong at the current price the Wii U's not a very good deal but I'd still pick one up because you can always have a bit of fun with a Mario or Zelda game, but since I already have a PS4 I can't justify getting an Xbone unless it was an absolute steal.

#22 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (3987 posts) -

Neither the xbone or the ps4 are worth it when you got a gaming PC. For the 400 euros, i upgraded my PC. Much better.

For exclusives, when either of them get to a point when there's enough i want, 200 euros, probably used, will be my price point.

Besides, when you do have a gaming PC, WiiU is a better compliment than either outdated machines.

#23 Posted by AdrianWerner (28084 posts) -

$200, same with PS4. So far both consoles are very underwhelming

#24 Posted by charizard1605 (59755 posts) -

@AdrianWerner said:

There are three consoles, though...

#25 Posted by freedomfreak (41970 posts) -

€400. Needs to be bundled though.

#26 Edited by Krelian-co (12196 posts) -

#27 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (3987 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

lol, neither is doing much in terms of games. The PS4's profession is tech demos nowadays.

Obviously, personal preference matter, but to me, the PS4's games are behind the xbone and the wiiu.

#28 Posted by Jeager_Titan (947 posts) -

Wow people are cheap..... $3.50

#29 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (3987 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

€400. Needs to be bundled though.

Here in my "tier 2" country, we're probably going to get a FIFA 15 and Forza 5 bundle for 400 euros. I haven't seen any bundles for either console for 400 euros that included even 1 game for free. Considering the prices for console games in europe, that's a 100 euros saving.

Not enough for me, specially since i'm more interested in open world racers like The Crew or FH2 (if i get a xbox), but still the best one i've seen.

#30 Posted by AdrianWerner (28084 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@AdrianWerner said:

I should have said "both next-gen consoles" :)

#31 Posted by charizard1605 (59755 posts) -

@AdrianWerner said:

@charizard1605 said:

@AdrianWerner said:

There are three next gen consoles though.

#32 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (9537 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

I already got one, but I have had friends tell me they are waiting for the $300 Kinectless models new, so they can find those same models used for $200-$250. They also stated they might bite for a $300 Kinect Xbone which is currently $500.

In the meantime, they are big 360 people and haven't made the current gen jump. They don't need to either with the most games that interest them like Assassin's Creed and Destiny coming to current gen. Too many cross gen games. Who knows, if the pricing doesn't work out they may go Wii U or PS4 this gen. Many of them came from PS2 and GC to 360. It's up to M$ at this point by making exclusives that interest my friends.

They sound extremely bitter and deeming Xbone very inferior judging just on specs alone. I don't like such holier-than-thou attitude. I have a friend who's also like this and he's a very zealous Sony fan. I mean, fudge, who am I to judge how they would want to spend their money, but on the other hand I can't help but feel that the underlying feeling that drives them is bitterness.

#33 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

I don't want it same as the PS4, Consoles are a waste of money imo.

#34 Posted by Zen_Light (1533 posts) -

I'd buy one at $200 once some more games come out.

#35 Posted by Pikminmaniac (9213 posts) -

It's not about price for me. If it gets a solid line up of games, I'd purchase it at its current price point. I'm still considering the PS4 over the Xbox One even though the Xbox One looks to have a stronger line-up coming. I just feel that PS4 may be a better investment later down the road.

#36 Posted by AdrianWerner (28084 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@AdrianWerner said:

@charizard1605 said:

@AdrianWerner said:

Really? What's the third one?

#37 Posted by scottpsfan14 (6175 posts) -
@Krelian-co said:

I am not unreasonable, if they give me one for free i might be willing to clear space in my living room.

Your heart knows no bounds of kindness. What an inspiring read..

#38 Edited by SolidTy (45199 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@SolidTy said:

They sound extremely bitter and deeming Xbone very inferior judging just on specs alone. I don't like such holier-than-thou attitude. I have a friend who's also like this and he's a very zealous Sony fan. I mean, fudge, who am I to judge how they would want to spend their money, but on the other hand I can't help but feel that the underlying feeling that drives them is bitterness.

That could be part of it, (well one of them asks me most times he comes over why I bought an Xbone) but I think money is the major factor as well as the library of games for current gen (Wii U/PS4/Xbone) being weak in comparison to what they have for 360. Most of them are mid-generation buyers. They wait for the dust to settle and just sort of go with the flow. Last gen the dust settled and they went 360, and right now the dust hasn't settled between the machines.

They thought I was crazy to buy an Xbox 360 for $400 back in 2005, so they probably feel the same way about new gen consoles. A lot of them got a 360 in 2008ish (cheaper than I paid, got bundled games free, bigger library, etc). I think when Call of Duty, Battlefield, Far Cry 5, Assassin's Creed, Destiny 3, and more and more multiplats they want are only current gen they may decide to bite the bullet since they won't have a 360 option. Right now, they are content with last gen offerings despite the lack of 1st party support for 360.

I see that most of them will make a decision for what they want, perhaps in 2016?

#39 Posted by charizard1605 (59755 posts) -

@AdrianWerner said:

@charizard1605 said:

@AdrianWerner said:

@charizard1605 said:

@AdrianWerner said:

Really? What's the third one?

Wii U. It's pretty cool, it's got the most and best exclusives right now, and would serve as the best complement to your PC. You should check it out, I have a feeling you would like it. Especially since you already have a top of the line PC, so what do you need a console masquerading as one for, am I right ;)

#40 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5085 posts) -

with the right games, it could be more expensive.

but right now, i don't want to get boned at all. Basically because even if I got a free xbone, i'd still have to buy games for it.

there is a massive price disparity in console to pc game prices here in nz. xbone watch_dogs $110 at launch $80 today, pc watch_dogs $44NZD (37.50USD) day 1. for xbone the used market is pretty dry, i guess because there are so few games available for boning, so people ain't sellin' a quarter of their library (whatevs).

i guess if i got a free bone, and a free forza 5, i would be grateful. however i'm just not sold on the thing, not one dollar.

#41 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2866 posts) -

Unless it's free I say ms can keep the xflop

#42 Posted by SecretPolice (22741 posts) -

Wish it was still 500 since any less and I'll feel like a thief. :P

Anyhoo, Gonna try and nab a $400.00 One with K2 / Forza H2 or MCC bundle around Christmas.. :D

#43 Edited by no-scope-AK47 (2866 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

Wish it was still 500 since any less and I'll feel like a thief. :P

Anyhoo, Gonna try and nab a $400.00 One with K2 / Forza H2 or MCC bundle around Christmas.. :D

LMAO I see what you did there

#44 Edited by 7MDMA (314 posts) -

Pay for a crappy piece of tech to play a handful of exclusive games that appeal to me (none of which have been released as yet.)? Not a cent and the same goes for PS4.

Maybe I'll buy 2nd hand down the road when I can play at least 5 interesting games that some corporation blocked me from playing elsewhere (on a better platform). Or borrow from a friend seeing as the vast majority of the games that interest me on console are pretty short term experiences.

#45 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2684 posts) -

Bought one at launch and have no regrets. I have been an Xbox fan since the beginning and I see no reason not to continue. I prefer the franchises that the X1 has, I prefer the controller and XBL is hands down a better online service than PSN. I personally don't care if a multiplat runs at 900p on the X1 and 1080p on the PS4. The difference is negligible and wouldn't be noticed unless you had both systems, two identical TV's and two copies of a certain game running side by side. Who does that??

#46 Edited by SecretPolice (22741 posts) -

@no-scope-AK47:

:P Busted.

#47 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10774 posts) -

I bought mine for $500

#48 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2866 posts) -

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

Bought one at launch and have no regrets. I have been an Xbox fan since the beginning and I see no reason not to continue. I prefer the franchises that the X1 has, I prefer the controller and XBL is hands down a better online service than PSN. I personally don't care if a multiplat runs at 900p on the X1 and 1080p on the PS4. The difference is negligible and wouldn't be noticed unless you had both systems, two identical TV's and two copies of a certain game running side by side. Who does that??

Ms seems to regret they did a 180 and basically stole the ps4 play book.

#49 Posted by Krelian-co (12196 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Krelian-co said:

Your heart knows no bounds of kindness. What an inspiring read..

Well i tend to be a practical person so i don't want to add something useless to collect dust but then again, free stuff.

#50 Posted by dalger21 (1221 posts) -

Free. And even then I still might hesitate. It's just not my cup of tea.