What makes PC versions of multi plats so much cheaper?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

Like instant replay?

So why didn't you just delete the rest of the chain? Stop being lazy

The reason why is because I wasn't quoting a post earlier in the chain just the latest post. I never complained about quoting long chains just complained about quoting chains and not responding to the latest post in that chain. I don't know how much more clear I can be.

"Stop being lazy"

--Cranler

Quoting a chain because there's a post you want to respond to in the middle of it is much lazier than the way I use the forums.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#152 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

The reason why is because I wasn't quoting a post earlier in the chain just the latest post. I never complained about quoting long chains just complained about quoting chains and not responding to the latest post in that chain. I don't know how much more clear I can be.

"Stop being lazy"

--Cranler

Quoting a chain because there's a post you want to respond to in the middle of it is much lazier than the way I use the forums.

In the words of Cranler, "Stop being lazy." You should take his advice

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@m3dude1 said:

yeah ive seen that nonsense posted. no actual evidence tho. id still crush you using a controller

The fact that ALL the top competitive games on the planet use kb/m could and the fact a mouse is considerably faster and more accurate at the same time surely help making this "nonsense" seem likely.

youre not a top competitive gamer. a mouse is better for fps games, pc gamers in general are just so bad ill beat them even with a controller, as will the majority of console gamers.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 lostrib

@m3dude1 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@m3dude1 said:

yeah ive seen that nonsense posted. no actual evidence tho. id still crush you using a controller

The fact that ALL the top competitive games on the planet use kb/m could and the fact a mouse is considerably faster and more accurate at the same time surely help making this "nonsense" seem likely.

youre not a top competitive gamer. a mouse is better for fps games, pc gamers in general are just so bad ill beat them even with a controller, as will the majority of console gamers.

"during the development they brought together the best console gamers to play mediocre PC gamers at the same game... and guess what happened? They pitted console gamers with their "console" controller, against PC gamers with their keyboard and mouse.

The console players got destroyed every time. So much so that it would be embarrassing to the XBOX team in general had Microsoft launched this initiative."

A quote about cross platform (360 vs PC) gaming

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Cranler

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

"Stop being lazy"

--Cranler

My way of quoting isn't lazy in my opinion. You should try and I mean try to find some reading comprehension courses online.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 lostrib

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

My way of quoting isn't lazy in my opinion. You should try and I mean try to find some reading comprehension courses online.

Well it violates the forum rules, which can be easily avoided by the click of a button. Stop being lazy

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@m3dude1 said:

a mouse is better for fps games,

yeah

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#158 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@lostrib said:

@m3dude1 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@m3dude1 said:

"during the development they brought together the best console gamers to play mediocre PC gamers at the same game... and guess what happened? They pitted console gamers with their "console" controller, against PC gamers with their keyboard and mouse.

The console players got destroyed every time. So much so that it would be embarrassing to the XBOX team in general had Microsoft launched this initiative."

A quote about cross platform (360 vs PC) gaming

this report doesn't count apparently..because it wasn't them doing the playing

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
@m3dude1 said:pc gamers in general are just so bad ill beat them even with a controller, as will the majority of console gamers.

Citation required.

If this was true , nearly all of competitive gaming wouldn't be made up of PC gamers. It really wouldn't.

It really reallly wouldn't be so skewed towards PC -> but I await factual data showing otherwise and backing up your rather absurd claim.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 Cranler

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

Well it violates the forum rules, which can be easily avoided by the click of a button. Stop being lazy

Having to scroll a little further is nowhere near as annoying as having to figure out what bldgrush is responding to in a quotechain. Most people quote the person who made the post they want to reply to which makes sense but some people are too lazy to do even that and then the biased hermits rush to that users defense while criticizing someone who uses the forum in a more proper manner.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 lostrib

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

Having to scroll a little further is nowhere near as annoying as having to figure out what bldgrush is responding to in a quotechain. Most people quote the person who made the post they want to reply to which makes sense but some people are too lazy to do even that and then the biased hermits rush to that users defense while criticizing someone who uses the forum in a more proper manner.

proper manner? I don't think violating the rules qualifies as a "proper manner"

Stop being lazy

Yrkoon99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Yrkoon99
Member since 2007 • 494 Posts

@walloftruth said:
@Wasdie said:

Two reasons. PC development costs don't have the console licensing fees as overhead. Console manufacturers charge for the use of dev kits and I believe even get a small portion of the sales of games.

The second reason is that PC games today are primarily digitally distributed which drastically cuts down on overhead. A lot of devs can even skip a publisher today which further reduces overhead and increases profitability.

Basically PC games are more profitable so they can afford to drop the price to sell more copies at the same profit margins as a $60 retail console game.

Of course some PC charge $60 anyways because people are simply willing to pay that much and they make even more money. Blizzard is the main offender of this.

What about Valve though? They take around 30% of the games' revenue, doesn't that compare to the licensing fees of the consoles?

no since that is a shop they dont own the pc and many of the games can be had cheaper than what steam sells them for, even if their steam only games you can get keys from legit shops that undercuts steams pricing :)

got borderlands 2 a week after it came out from greenman gaming and it cost me 24 pounds the ps3 version was 50 pounds, and greenman gaming is a very legit company and gave me a steam key for the game while steam were charging about 45 pounds, enter key game added to my game list download on steam simples as an example :)

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 m3dude1

@RoboCopISJesus said:
@m3dude1 said:pc gamers in general are just so bad ill beat them even with a controller, as will the majority of console gamers.

Citation required.

If this was true , nearly all of competitive gaming wouldn't be made up of PC gamers. It really wouldn't.

It really reallly wouldn't be so skewed towards PC -> but I await factual data showing otherwise and backing up your rather absurd claim.

we can play and make some data right now

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 RoboCopISJesus

@m3dude1 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Citation required.

Citation required.

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#167 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus: Didn't tormentos try this only to get completely destroyed by his opponent using KB/M?

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#168 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@walloftruth said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@bldgirsh said:

So are we just forgetting Counter Strike?

CS Go isn't exclusive.

The quoted post said nothing about exclusives.

CS:GO would have been made on PC irregardless of consoles. Please read next time cranler.

Um actually Cranler is right this time, he answered m3clown1's "fps? name some quality fps exclusives from the last 9 years?", which bldgirsh answered with "So are we just forgetting Counter Strike?", to which Cranler replied with "CS Go isn't exclusive.", which is 100% correct.

Never knew you can decide who is right and who is wrong... the THREAD is about multiplats. Are you disregarding the topic we should be discussing about?

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 BldgIrsh

@roler42 said:

@RoboCopISJesus: Didn't tormentos try this only to get completely destroyed by his opponent using KB/M?

Would love to know more about this.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@walloftruth said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@bldgirsh said:

@m3dude1 said:

fps? name some quality fps exclusives from the last 9 years?

CS Go isn't exclusive.

CS:GO would have been made on PC irregardless of consoles. Please read next time cranler.

Um actually Cranler is right this time, he answered m3clown1's "fps? name some quality fps exclusives from the last 9 years?", which bldgirsh answered with "So are we just forgetting Counter Strike?", to which Cranler replied with "CS Go isn't exclusive.", which is 100% correct.

Look at the whole quote chain though, we were never talking about exclusives. M3 simply hijacked it with a goal post mover since he hates how PC is always first place. He was wrong.

Fact is, PC has tons of fps come to it. Yes they might get ported in shoddy forms later on, but the point is it gets plenty regardless of consoles exist or not as they have no bearing on the development of the ones we listed.

You guys can argue quote symantics all day, but the original topic and quote we are discussing is wrong.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 m3dude1

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@m3dude1 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Citation required.

Citation required.

you sacking up is whats required.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 BldgIrsh

@walloftruth said:

@bldgirsh said:

@walloftruth said:

Never knew you can decide who is right and who is wrong... the THREAD is about multiplats. Are you disregarding the topic we should be discussing about?

Why couldn't I decide who's right and who's wrong? The evidence is right in front of us. And what does that have to do with the topic of this thread? m3clown1 made a troll post and asked about exclusive PC FPS and an answer to that was "Counter-Strike", with CS:GO being the only Counter-Strike released in the last 9 years Cranler was correct in saying that CS:GO isn't a PC exclusive.

Not even gonna bother. This has already been discussed in the last page.

@m3dude1 What FPS game we talking about?

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By m3dude1

troll post....lol. any question who answers proves one of the many irrefutable truths that herms so desperately avoid facing is considered trolling by their kind. interesting creatures thats for sure.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176 m3dude1

@bldgirsh said:

@walloftruth said:

@bldgirsh said:

@walloftruth said:

Why couldn't I decide who's right and who's wrong? The evidence is right in front of us. And what does that have to do with the topic of this thread? m3clown1 made a troll post and asked about exclusive PC FPS and an answer to that was "Counter-Strike", with CS:GO being the only Counter-Strike released in the last 9 years Cranler was correct in saying that CS:GO isn't a PC exclusive.

which ones do you play? unreal tournament 2004? does that work with a controller?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 lostrib

@m3dude1 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@m3dude1 said:

Citation required.

The problem is that you seem to have come to a conclusion without any actual evidence or data to back it up

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 BldgIrsh

@m3dude1 said:

@bldgirsh said:

@walloftruth said:

@bldgirsh said:

which ones do you play? unreal tournament 2004? does that work with a controller?

Sounds to me that you're clueless... you are the one saying you can beat a PC player with a controller yet you don't even know if a game has controller support...

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By m3dude1

@lostrib said:

@m3dude1 said:

The problem is that you seem to have come to a conclusion without any actual evidence or data to back it up

ive played tens of thousands of hours combined between console and pc gaming.

@bldgirsh i havent played the game in 7 years or so. me not being sure if it supports a controller is irrelevant

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 lostrib

@m3dude1 said:

@lostrib said:

@m3dude1 said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@m3dude1 said:

Citation required.

ive played tens of thousands of hours combined between console and pc gaming.

um, good for you?

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By BldgIrsh

@walloftruth said:
@bldgirsh said:

@walloftruth said:

@bldgirsh said:

Yes, it has been discussed in the last page but you still fail to see that Cranler was correct this time.

That CS:GO isn't a exclusive? Obviously... though I did say Counter Strike and nowhere did I mention "Global Offensive." Which is a FPS series that the OP fails to mention when discussing what PC would be left with without multiplat supports.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By BldgIrsh

@walloftruth said:

@bldgirsh said:

@walloftruth said:
@bldgirsh said:

Yes, it has been discussed in the last page but you still fail to see that Cranler was correct this time.

That CS:GO isn't a exclusive? Obviously... though I did say Counter Strike... which is a FPS game that the OP fails to mention when discussing what PC would be left with without multiplat supports.

They weren't talking about the thread though, they were talking about m3clown1's troll claim that PC doesn't have any exclusive FPS in the last 9 years.

Read on, you'll notice that cutting quote chains is a thing because of a rule set on this forum. And if we wish to get technical, m3clown1's asked fps? first then continued with his troll question...

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Cranler

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

Stop being lazy

My way of using the forum isn't confusing. If i want to address a persons comment I click quote on that persons comment not 3 comments later in the quote chain.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 Cranler

@walloftruth said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@bldgirsh said:

@m3dude1 said:

fps? name some quality fps exclusives from the last 9 years?

CS Go isn't exclusive.

THIS time? When have I been wrong?

@bldgirsh said:

@walloftruth said:
@bldgirsh said:

@walloftruth said:

@bldgirsh said:

That CS:GO isn't a exclusive? Obviously... though I did say Counter Strike and nowhere did I mention "Global Offensive." Which is a FPS series that the OP fails to mention when discussing what PC would be left with without multiplat supports.

Global Offensive is the only Counterstrike to be released in the last 9 years and please start quoting the specific person you wish to address in the future.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

Lets just chalk it up to a quote syntax failure and mis-understanding nothing more. Who cares. Done deal.

The point is, ps4nogames was wrong as **** and thread backfired.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 Cranler

@RoboCopISJesus said:

Lets just chalk it up to a quote syntax failure nothing more. Who cares.

He was wrong alright since most multiplats are the same price on pc and console.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 lostrib

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

Stop being lazy

My way of using the forum isn't confusing. If i want to address a persons comment I click quote on that persons comment not 3 comments later in the quote chain.

Never said it was confusing.

Stop being lazy

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By Cranler

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

Stop being lazy

Stop being lazy

I was speaking of bldgrush. When you can't prove me wrong on anything I say you resort to nitpicking my way of quoting.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193 RoboCopISJesus

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

He was wrong alright since most multiplats are the same price on pc and console.

at first yeah, but I think he was talking about overall or average.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194 lostrib

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

Stop being lazy

I was speaking of bldgrush. When you can't prove me wrong on anything I say you resort to nitpicking my way of quoting.

then perhaps you should have quoted that user...kind of like you've been talking about this whole time

Stop being lazy

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 Cranler

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Cranler said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

at first yeah, but I think he was talking about overall or average.

He seemed to be speaking of official pricing and official price drops. I've never seen a pc game drop in price and the console verison not and now almost all multiplats are $60. Ubiosoft use to sell at least launch some games at $50 like Far Cry 3 and Tombraider but now even they've gone $60 full bore on all pc games.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Cranler

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

Stop being lazy

then perhaps you should have quoted that user...kind of like you've been talking about this whole time

Stop being lazy

Nice try but different situation. You didn't even understand my original point so not surprising you still lack understanding. Don't take your frustration with your bad reading comprehension skills out on me.

I've already tired to correct bldgrush if you go back a few posts btw.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 lostrib

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

Stop being lazy

Nice try but different situation. You didn't even understand my original point so not surprising you still lack understanding. Don't take your frustration with your bad reading comprehension skills out on me.

why are you making a comment about bldgrush's post when you quoted me. If you want to comment on that post, then quote that post

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
@ps4hasnogames said:

@m3dude1 said:

yes i can imagine how fun playing games with a roller coaster framerate is

the only genre where framerate is ever an issue is FPS multiplayer, and FPS are always better on consoles.

Gotta love that aim-assist.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 BldgIrsh

@MonsieurX said:
@ps4hasnogames said:

@m3dude1 said:

yes i can imagine how fun playing games with a roller coaster framerate is

the only genre where framerate is ever an issue is FPS multiplayer, and FPS are always better on consoles.

Gotta love that aim-assist.

Sounds like it's a must on consoles.

Sauce

I guess the biggest difference is gonna be in the controls. We’re doing the standard stuff, you know, adding aim-assist. We’re making sure you can actually hit with the controller.

I think the big thing is, even though we’re bringing it from the PC, we really wanna make sure that if feels right for the console players. And so, things like aim-assist are typical on a console environment,

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 Cranler

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

Stop being lazy

why are you making a comment about bldgrush's post when you quoted me. If you want to comment on that post, then quote that post

Because bldg is the cause of this nonsensical little argument.