What kind of TV you all have?

  • 57 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for supercowelitist
Edited 3 years, 3 months ago

Poll: What kind of TV you all have? (45 votes)

4k 9%
1080p 91%

I know lemmings all have 720p. But what about the rest of system wars? 4k TV or 1080 HDTV?

Avatar image for Sweenix
#1 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

Avatar image for AtariKidX
#2 Edited by AtariKidX (6876 posts) -

1080p 42"HDTV and ready for the PS4.......it is sad that i can't say the same for the XBone 720.lol

Avatar image for supercowelitist
#3 Posted by SuperCowElitist (732 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Oh wow, are you playing WIIU on Standard?

Avatar image for AMD655
#4 Posted by AMD655 (4494 posts) -

1080p 37", although i rarely use it much, i enjoy my Dreamcast through VGA on it :)

Does monitor count too?

I use a 1920x1080 ACER H223HQ 22" overclocked to 75hertz.

I have a ASUS 2560x1440 PB278Q 27" screen too which i do my work on.

Avatar image for Sweenix
#5 Posted by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

@supercowelitist said:

@Sweenix said:

Oh wow, are you playing WIIU on Standard?

Yep, looks pretty amazing if i may say so., should see legend of zelda on it

Pure Bliss.

Avatar image for tubbyc
#6 Posted by tubbyc (3848 posts) -

1080p 40". I sit about 8' away, which I find to be just right.

Avatar image for bulby_g
#7 Edited by bulby_g (1847 posts) -

I have 3 at the moment.

47" 1080p In the lounge with my Wii U and PS3 hooked up (the 360 is boxed and in the loft now).

32" 1080p Just the bedroom TV but I've got a Wii hooked up for Iplayer, Lovefilm, etc. and the odd Wii or Gamecube game.

32" 720p In the man cave and I've got my 64 and a PS2 hooked up right now.

Then I have a 27" 1080p monitor and a 27" 1440p monitor on my PC. Currently using the 1080p for games and the 1440p for DAW work but when I get a new GPU that will change.

Avatar image for Salt_The_Fries
#8 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (12477 posts) -

1080p 32'' LED TV, Samsung UE32ES5500 to be exact. I was tight on budget but it was by far the best one in its range, however I'd prefer 37 inch in the long run.

Avatar image for NameIess_One
#9 Posted by NameIess_One (1077 posts) -

Don't know, some 1080p thingy, I never use it anyway.

All my gaming is done on a Samsung P2470HD, 24" 1080p monitor.

Avatar image for Epak_
#10 Posted by Epak_ (8837 posts) -

Got my brothers 42" 1080p Philips at the moment. Just because it has a built in cable support and my own TV doesn't have one.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#11 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (4657 posts) -

42'' 1080p LG in the living room.

Avatar image for _Matt_
#12 Edited by _Matt_ (10268 posts) -

I have 2 27 inch 2560 x 1440 Dell monitors which I use for all my console/pc stuff.

Avatar image for campzor
#13 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

@AtariKidX said:

1080p 42"HDTV and ready for the PS4.......it is sad that i can't say the same for the XBone 720.lol

your tv supports 720p, xbone is good to go! lol.

I got a 32" panasonic viera.

Want to upgrade to a 50" Sony/Samsung

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
#14 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22527 posts) -

I have my samsung tv monitor hybrid. Tough I really don't watch tv.

Avatar image for heekevad
#15 Posted by Heekevad (25 posts) -

Poor Lems, still stuck with last-gen systems

I have a 1080p tv thankfully, i'm glad 99% of PS4's games support it

Avatar image for AMD655
#16 Posted by AMD655 (4494 posts) -

@heekevad said:

Poor Lems, still stuck with last-gen systems

I have a 1080p tv thankfully, i'm glad 99% of PS4's games support it

LOL 6 Alt accounts.

Avatar image for GTSaiyanjin2
#17 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (6018 posts) -

I bought a 50" Panasonic S60 plasma just for the PS4 2 months ago. Love it so far, its way better than the GT30 I bought 2 years ago.

Avatar image for sukraj
#18 Posted by sukraj (26608 posts) -

40" Samsung LED 1080p tv.

Avatar image for Truth_Hurts_U
#19 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9697 posts) -

Panasonic ST30 50 inch plasma.

With Dnice pro calibration settings.

View distance 6.5 feet.

Avatar image for AMD655
#20 Edited by AMD655 (4494 posts) -

LOL, always one who selects 4k, but actually does not own it, or even comes to post about it.

Avatar image for Locutus_Picard
#21 Posted by Locutus_Picard (4039 posts) -

1080p 37'' LED TV, Samsung

Avatar image for bumsonfire
#22 Edited by bumsonfire (250 posts) -

What do T.V'S have to do with System Wars?

Avatar image for _Matt_
#23 Posted by _Matt_ (10268 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@heekevad said:

Poor Lems, still stuck with last-gen systems

I have a 1080p tv thankfully, i'm glad 99% of PS4's games support it

LOL 6 Alt accounts.

And the rest.

Avatar image for negro-y-azul
#24 Posted by Negro-y-Azul (79 posts) -

42" 1080P Plasma TV. PS3 and 360 looked excellent on it, can't wait til PS4 blows me away!

@bumsonfire said:

What do T.V'S have to do with System Wars?

Fun to LOL at WiiU and One with their 720P :P

Avatar image for SinjinSmythe
#25 Posted by SinjinSmythe (928 posts) -

TC just owned all over himself.

Sony said no 4k gaming is possible on the PS4, just crap like FB pics and video.

Forza can be upscalled to 4K and other games are to follow on the X1.

Talk about rumors? All games will be in 1080p after Day One Patch.

4K is for me.

Avatar image for super600
#26 Edited by super600 (32165 posts) -

I use a 720P TV. It's a 32 inch rca tv.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
#27 Posted by deactivated-583e460ca986b (7240 posts) -

I have a 70 inch Sharp that I use for the 360, PS3 and Wii U on. (And soon PS4 and XBox One).

All of my older consoles are hooked up to a 60 inch Sony projection TV.

Then I have a 55" Sony in the living room and a 46" Sony in the bedroom.

If there was a reason to get a 4k TV right now I would. The highest that TV broadcasts are is 1080i. Most of the time it's only 720p And neither the PS4 or Xbox One will have 4 k games so there's that. I've seen 4K Tv's in person and they are amazing. But I doubt people want to watch old soccer footage or nature clips in super high resolution for $4000.

Avatar image for donalbane
#28 Edited by donalbane (16383 posts) -

50" Panasonic Plasma. Excellent picture quality, and it supports 3D, which I actually enjoy.

Avatar image for AMD655
#29 Posted by AMD655 (4494 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe said:

TC just owned all over himself.

Sony said no 4k gaming is possible on the PS4, just crap like FB pics and video.

Forza can be upscalled to 4K and other games are to follow on the X1.

Talk about rumors? All games will be in 1080p after Day One Patch.

4K is for me.

Ummm that is still 720/1080p, not 4K, so you fail.

Avatar image for clyde46
#30 Posted by clyde46 (48972 posts) -

I have a 40in Samsung LED HDTV in the living room but I game on a Samsung 24in monitor. I want one of these though.

At SIGGRAPH, Dell unveiled its first UltraSharp monitor featuring Ultra HD (3840 x 2160 pixels) native resolution. The new UltraSharp 32 from Dell, as the name suggests, is a 32-incher. Based on an indium gallium zinc oxide (IGZO) panel, its color gamut spans across a gargantuan 1.07 billion colors, a 64 times increase over what conventional monitors offer, 16.7 million. The monitor will include software that lets you calibrate it including hardware access to the LUT (lookup table). Dell plans a commercial roll-out of the UltraSharp 32 in Q4-2013.

Avatar image for Heil68
#31 Edited by Heil68 (56814 posts) -

1080p all the way.

Avatar image for BPoole96
#32 Posted by BPoole96 (22817 posts) -

I have a 50" 480p TV which I thought looked like shit but MS told I can just sit really far away and resolution doesnr matter. I now sit 30 yards away and I swear it's no different than 4k

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
#33 Posted by deactivated-57d8401f17c55 (7221 posts) -

A 720p 32" Panasonic LED atm, but i'm going to get a new one sometime, probably another LED but high end.

Avatar image for handssss
#34 Edited by handssss (1905 posts) -

small 40" 1080p in the bedroom. 56" 1080p in the main room. 39" 1080p in other bedroom. 30" 720p mounted on the back porch wall for parties.

We also have a cheap 13" display in the garage, but that doesn't do HD.

Avatar image for jun_aka_pekto
#35 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (20906 posts) -

1080p TVs used as both TV and PC monitor. I haven't bought a PC monitor since 2006.

SDTV in the kitchen

720p TV in mother in law's bedroom

Avatar image for SinjinSmythe
#36 Posted by SinjinSmythe (928 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

TC just owned all over himself.

Sony said no 4k gaming is possible on the PS4, just crap like FB pics and video.

Forza can be upscalled to 4K and other games are to follow on the X1.

Talk about rumors? All games will be in 1080p after Day One Patch.

4K is for me.

Ummm that is still 720/1080p, not 4K, so you fail.

How so AMD FX55 guy? got any real proooof?

Avatar image for AMD655
#37 Posted by AMD655 (4494 posts) -

I am guessing you just have a very low IQ.

Avatar image for clyde46
#38 Posted by clyde46 (48972 posts) -

@SinjinSmythe said:

@AMD655 said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

TC just owned all over himself.

Sony said no 4k gaming is possible on the PS4, just crap like FB pics and video.

Forza can be upscalled to 4K and other games are to follow on the X1.

Talk about rumors? All games will be in 1080p after Day One Patch.

4K is for me.

Ummm that is still 720/1080p, not 4K, so you fail.

How so AMD FX55 guy? got any real proooof?

Can you not into upscaling?

Avatar image for zarshack
#39 Posted by zarshack (9936 posts) -

I have a 55" 1080p LED TV

Avatar image for TruthArisen
#40 Posted by TruthArisen (403 posts) -

Wonder Woman thinks.

"A 60" LED and a 42" LCD, both Samsung."

Avatar image for SinjinSmythe
#41 Posted by SinjinSmythe (928 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

@AMD655 said:

@SinjinSmythe said:

TC just owned all over himself.

Sony said no 4k gaming is possible on the PS4, just crap like FB pics and video.

Forza can be upscalled to 4K and other games are to follow on the X1.

Talk about rumors? All games will be in 1080p after Day One Patch.

4K is for me.

Ummm that is still 720/1080p, not 4K, so you fail.

How so AMD FX55 guy? got any real proooof?

Can you not into upscaling?

Yes, that's what they were doing in this demo. Showing off a new T.V. and demoing 4K. I'm sold.

Avatar image for SUD123456
#42 Posted by SUD123456 (4731 posts) -

I have a 1080p overhead projector with a 120" screen, which I sit 14-15 feet away from.

Avatar image for superclocked
#43 Posted by superclocked (5864 posts) -

55" 1080i CRT

23" 1080p LCD

40" 1080p LCD

42" 1080p LCD

Avatar image for rogelio22
#44 Posted by rogelio22 (2477 posts) -

52" sony bravia xbr6

55" samsung led smart tv 2013 model

will get a samsung 4k 75" tv when they drop down in price under 4g and can do 60hz also when a single gpu can max out games at 4k becomes available

Avatar image for AMD655
#45 Posted by AMD655 (4494 posts) -

@superclocked said:

55" 1080i CRT

WOW

Avatar image for superclocked
#46 Edited by superclocked (5864 posts) -

@AMD655 said:

@superclocked said:

55" 1080i CRT

WOW

It's awesome for some stuff. Last gen console games look great on it...

Avatar image for AMD655
#48 Posted by AMD655 (4494 posts) -

@superclocked said:

@AMD655 said:

@superclocked said:

55" 1080i CRT

WOW

It's awesome for some stuff. Last gen console games look great on it...

I could only imagine, but dem Xrays?

Avatar image for adamosmaki
#49 Posted by adamosmaki (10463 posts) -

@rogelio22 said:

52" sony bravia xbr6

55" samsung led smart tv 2013 model

will get a samsung 4k 75" tv when they drop down in price under 4g and can do 60hz also when a single gpu can max out games at 4k becomes available

Well we are almost there. Panasonic new 65" 4k tv actually supports 60hz and r290x can max most games at 4k even demanding ones ( though a few games you have to drop a couple of details down to hit 60fps ). Think is though the price of that tv is still quite high and anyone willing to pay for a 4k tv would certainly wanna play all games at max

Avatar image for Zero_epyon
#50 Posted by Zero_epyon (9713 posts) -

Samsung 55" 1080p 120hz with 240hz backlight. PS4 will be amazing on it. PC is still mind melting on it though.