What kind of gamer are you all ? Casual or Hardcore ?

Avatar image for deactivated-64fbf588222fb
deactivated-64fbf588222fb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By deactivated-64fbf588222fb
Member since 2021 • 1253 Posts

I'm 100% casual , always playing games on easy modes, becoming OP/unlocking stuffs early by exploits. In all I game to kill AI , to've fun killing . I'm not a mp expert nor a very skilled gamer.

Well?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#2 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59088 Posts

Fairly casual now.

mtron32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 mtron32
Member since 2006 • 4432 Posts

What is a hard core gamer, you'd have to define both first.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

When I finish with a game, I smash it over my head.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39248 Posts

If i like a game, i play it like a tryhard bitch. So i don't know what this is considered as, but i am certainly not a casual with a casual mindset.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44318 Posts

Depends I guess. I spend a lot of money on gaming, play a lot of different games, play most games on Normal difficulty and higher, and finish most games that I play. On the flip side there are some games that I play on the easiest difficulty, some games I haven’t finished and may never finish. I also don’t really dedicate myself to most games to improve my play in any sufficient way. For example while I love fighting games and buy most that come out I play them at a pretty casual level.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13037 Posts
@nod_calypse said:

Even digital games?

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#9  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16019 Posts

I guess I'm a hardcore gamer. I don't like labeling myself because it sounds pretentious. In the same way, I don't like to label myself a "biblical christian" because that reeks of pride. I play games that can be considered casual, like Bejeweled, but by no means do I limit myself to those games. I like games that are considered hardcore like Skyrim. A casual gamer wouldn't touch Skyrim with a ten foot pole.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56232 Posts

I'm just a simple PC gamer who likes what he plays and discuss the game itself😎

Casual, hardcore. Is there a difference?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

I don't spend as much time gaming as I used to, so I guess more casual nowadays.

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@nod_calypse said:

Even digital games?

What is a digital game?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KvallyX

@nod_calypse said:
@kvallyx said:
@nod_calypse said:

Even digital games?

What is a digital game?

Touche! 😎

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8304 Posts

Still game when I can, but life and work has put a stop to a lot of my gaming time. I'd say I was a "hardcore" gamer. But nowadays more casual.

It's a shame, I had much more time to game when I was younger but didn't have alot of extra income, so I had to budget and pick and choose what I play. Now that I make good money and can get any game/system I want, I don't have time to even beat alot of these games. I think I have like 5 games sitting on the shelf I haven't even opened yet.

After work, making dinner, I'm tired. Easier to play a couple rounds of rocket league before bed. Shit I have all these games I need to beat and lately I've been just playing MTG arena... A F2P card game.

I recommend it to anyone who is interested in learning how to play Magic the gathering. I've been using that game and friends to teach me the game. Have a few friends that play once a week together and I'm currently building a deck to partake and the F2P game has been the fastest way to learn the mechanics.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17839 Posts

Somewhere in the middle...leaning towards the more casual side I would say.

I play games for the adventure rather than the challenge. I don't really study the rules of a game in depth to look for extra advantages or clever character builds to exploit a loophole in the rules. I tend to play on normal or easy if I find the enemies too damage spungie. I'll never be a peak lancer in Monster Hunter: I'll always use the shield. My greatsword play will always look like a benny hill sketch from the outside (Hit and run is a legit strategy! :P). I also have 0 interest in competitive MP.

But I do play some pretty complicated games from time to time (just bought the latest X4 expansion and am going to bump that up the to play list. It's been out for ages...it should be patched enough now...right...?).

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9580 Posts

There is no such thing as a hardcore gamer unless you are a pro, playing in real money tourneys, or perhaps you do tutorial walk through videos or are a personality with a fairly large following in social media (which once again would be tied into it being more of a career of sorts) I used to do those things back in the day and I still put a lot of time into playing, but like 99.9 percent of people out there are all casuals.. its something we do in our leisure time, the weekends, after work, after putting the kids to bed, etc. Most of us aren't paying the bills and eating at hibachi restaurants 6 nights a week from the revenue pulled in from playing games.

Anyone who considers themselves a "hardcore" gamer (whatever the hell that is even supposed to mean) in their adult years is a joke if they aren't supporting themselves or their family by playing those games. The amount of time one puts into a game doesn't distinguish someone between casual and hardcore in my opinion.

I don't worry about the logistics (I try to let my gameplay speak for itself), just play the games and get better... it's always nice being called a cheater, try hard, sweat, or hacker when you're just in some random pub stomping on some kids.. lol. Call yourself whatever you will, but at the end of the day you're just playing a game like the millions of others out there... even if you're better than 90 percent of them. Those lying to themselves to inflate their ego rather than just staying humble and having fun are the kind of people I try to steer clear of these days (those are also the most likely category of cheaters since they care so much about what others think) ... ain't no one got time for those blowhard non team players.

Anyone/everyone is free to disagree with my take, but the older I get the more I try to stay away from those people. I'd rather play with a small tight knit group of friends that get along rather than be forced into a team of people that is destined to fail because of clashing personalities... even if that means I take a few more Ls along the way. It's more important to me to have fun than to try and prove some bs bravado while dealing with people I can't stand or can't stand me.

TheHighWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheHighWind
Member since 2003 • 5724 Posts

A little from column A and a little from column B.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9408 Posts

Depends on the game.

If I'm hardcore about anything it's Factorio.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 KvallyX

If it was:

Hardcore<<<<<<<<<<<<|>>>>>>>>>>>>>Casual

I would be:

Hardcore<<<<<<<<<<<<|>>>>>>>>>>>>>Casual

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8437 Posts

I'm hardcore about shovelware games. Games like Imagine Party Babyz, M&M's Kart Racing and Petz Crazy Monkeyz is where it's at.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#21 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69852 Posts

I am a core game.😎

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 759 Posts

Casual

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

Casual

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TheEroica  Moderator  Online
Member since 2009 • 22787 Posts

I March to the beat of my own drum like Henry David Thoreau.

I don't play things day 1 anymore, I don't buy all the platforms, I don't choose gaming over real life activities. I'd say I'm a casual. Finally and happily. I love gaming as much as ever, talking about it, anticipating new games and hardware etc... I just really don't need it in the drivers seat anymore.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pedro

@TheEroica said:

I don't play things day 1 anymore, I don't buy all the platforms, I don't choose gaming over real life activities. I'd say I'm a casual. Finally and happily. I love gaming as much as ever, talking about it, anticipating new games and hardware etc... I just really don't need it in the drivers seat anymore.

I am with you with buying games day one. It makes no sense. You pay a premium for the worst version of the game.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

Hardcore always sounds dumb.

Probably just core gamer. Been at it most of my life. Played a wide variety of games. Regularly keep up with the hobby. Have gotten reasonably skilled at certain games/genres. Not like some accomplishment lol. Just into video games more than the average normie is all. Amazing! 🥇

Everyone has their own definitions though, some more silly than others. Some think it's about accumulating a lot of games and machines. Some hardware enthusiasts act like their gamer cred is tied to how often they buy the latest GPU lol. Then you see the games they're into and it's like... 😬. Some think it's about staying on top of the latest AAA, others go for the opposite hipster route.

The real takeaway here is that

shit doesn't matter, nobody cares.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DaVillain  Moderator

@Pedro said:
@TheEroica said:

I am with you with buying games day one. It makes no sense. You pay a premium for the worst version of the game.

I bought RE4 Remake & Dead Space Remake and both games were awesome on launch day with hardly issues. Really depends what your buying and who you know. Tears of the Kingdom, Jedi Survivor, just to name a few will be day one purchase. I'm more of a game enthusiast but that's just my take on how you buy games but nevertheless, wait for independent reviews.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pedro

@davillain said:

I bought RE4 Remake & Dead Space Remake and both games were awesome on launch day with hardly issues. Really depends what your buying and who you know. Tears of the Kingdom, Jedi Survivor, just to name a few will be day one purchase. I'm more of a game enthusiast but that's just my take on how you buy games but nevertheless, wait for independent reviews.

That doesn't change the point I made. Once the game is patched post release and it improves the game, you are paying premium for the worst version of the game.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaVillain  Moderator

@Pedro: That is true. It's a gamble for sure. Nintendo can be exception as they rarely release their games in a buggy mess and I'm not going to include Pokemon Volent/Scarlet as it wasn't their fault, the blame goes to Gamefreak. At least Nintendo offer refunds.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23718 Posts

Yeah barring rare exceptions where the patches actually remove some fun elements (something you can't predict), you're almost always better off waiting. At least with single player stuff. Cheaper and better game.

Multiplayer, a lot of the best fun to be had is learning the ins and outs with everyone else when it's new. Also typically when the player base is at its peak. Of course helps if you can trust in the devs track record.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pedro

@davillain said:

@Pedro: That is true. It's a gamble for sure. Nintendo can be exception as they rarely release their games in a buggy mess and I'm not going to include Pokemon Volent/Scarlet as it wasn't their fault, the blame goes to Gamefreak. At least Nintendo offer refunds.

I would say no hate to the folks who opt to buy day one. If the past 5+ years were trending differently, my stance would be much different. This is made worse when they add features to a game over year later.😑 It is a catch 22 situation in some cases. If they can improve the game post launch, why not, but at the same time if you played the game during the launch window you kind of missed out on the updates and QOL additions on your first playthrough.

With that said, there are many who enjoy the excitement of playing a newly released game.😊

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Imagine only having one console through brand loyalty and thinking you are a gamer 🤣🤣🤣

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34682 Posts

I play a lot of videogames. Some SP, some MP, some competitive. I like games that are of a bit harder difficulty, but I'm no stranger to chill games. Keep myself updated on pretty much everything gaming related. Call that whatever you want.

Personally find the term "hardcore gamer" silly and don't use it.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KathaarianCode  Online
Member since 2022 • 3447 Posts

I'm a gamer.

I'll play and beat any souls game, Cuphead or wtv but in rare occasions I might turn to easy mode if I'm not enjoying the game all that much and just want to follow the story. Sometimes is the other way around, like in Ghost of Sushi, the only way I could tolerate that game was by playing it at the hardest difficulty. Otherwise it was just a mediocre Ass Creed game.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46449 Posts

Super dooper casual.

One minute I'm playing The last of us on PC, the other I'm playing Super Mario World on SNES.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7263 Posts

Very casual I also seem to be attracted to sports titles which are casual.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44158 Posts

I'm casual on the outside with a hardcore in the center. :P

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#38 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@kazumakiryu21:

Casually hardcore. I love playing a bit of everything but I rarely commit to one, unless it has a captivating story. I can get into a deep game like Red Dead Redemption 2 but I would never 100% it.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

Softcore gamer here. Not enough time.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21702 Posts

Enthusiast/snob. I've been involved with this hobby for so long, I have my own criteria on defining fun games. I don't care whether my tastes align with anyone else nor about playing the flavor of the month; I just do my own thing and on my timetable.

Difficulty wise, I usually start out on one or two settings above normal, and if I like the game enough, I'll switch it to hardest on a second playthrough.

LAtech84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By LAtech84
Member since 2017 • 643 Posts

I am a casual gamer. I like movie games ( even though I prefer the term narrative driven games) I also like actual movie games like Telltale games and The dark pictures horror anthology and many others. I like to play games on the easiest settings.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2948 Posts

Hardcore. I am not going to discuss whether it is the right term, but by hardcore I mean I have had many years of experience with video games, I have completed some very hard games, and I generally like challenge.

I start most games on hard setting, unless it is a genre I suck at. Most video games nowadays are too easy for my taste.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts
@Pedro said:

I would say no hate to the folks who opt to buy day one. If the past 5+ years were trending differently, my stance would be much different. This is made worse when they add features to a game over year later.😑 It is a catch 22 situation in some cases. If they can improve the game post launch, why not, but at the same time if you played the game during the launch window you kind of missed out on the updates and QOL additions on your first playthrough.

With that said, there are many who enjoy the excitement of playing a newly released game.😊

Makes sense, I rarely buy games that are less than a year old. It's not a hard rule, I just take my time with the games and most of the time I'm playing stuff that are over a year old at least.

Now I do have some exceptions like Zelda and Fire Emblem. We all got our guilty pleasures 😅

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39248 Posts

I came here to read what ghost considers himself as, and i am not seeing a single post from him. What in the actual f*ck?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#45 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17837 Posts

@nod_calypse said:

Loading Video...

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Last_Lap  Online
Member since 2023 • 6290 Posts

I've been playing video games for 35yrs+ anyone who is still doing something after all that time is hardcore.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

Pretty casual. I don't really dedicate myself to any single game right now.

Bond007uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Bond007uk
Member since 2002 • 1644 Posts

In terms of the games I play I'm totally casual. I play some AAA games either on my PC or Xbox but I don't go for the hardest settings nor do I go for achievements. If I can't figure out a puzzle in a game I'll watch someone else solve it!

I'm not so casual when it comes to hardware I use though. I've got a PC that cost me about £2300 about two months ago, an i5 13600K 32GB and an RTX 3080. And I play either on my 32" Gigabyte 144Hz monitor or my 40" LG C2 OLED

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#49 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3652 Posts

Casual, I am too terrible at games to go for harder difficulties though did it on Mafia 2 on Hard mode. Wasn't too difficult though can't imagine doing anything above Hard mode in other games.