What is Your Worst Final Fantasy Ever ?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -

Since they already have 15+ titles (including the Tactics) with few having sequels, what is the worst Final Fantasy in your opinion ? State why and express it.

#2 Posted by jg4xchamp (48427 posts) -

Main line titles, not including the pre-4 stuff since those games are dated by default(well wait maybe 3 still). 13 would be my pick for the worst. Fuck that game.

#3 Edited by Young_Charter (19884 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Main line titles, not including the pre-4 stuff since those games are dated by default(well wait maybe 3 still). 13 would be my pick for the worst. Fuck that game.

Yesss... Fuck the XIII series. I still feel bad for wasting 58.00 on that shit. After the first 25 hours of gameplay I noticed we've been had. lol

#4 Edited by pelvist (4878 posts) -

I grew up playing them and stopped half way through FFX,I didnt like FFIX that much either but FFX was abysmal. I havent played any FF game since.

I used to love these games when I was younger and FFVII is my second favorite game of all time.

#5 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14473 posts) -

13, 13x2, 13x3rd.

#6 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8796 posts) -

Easily Mystic Quest. If you think modern games are dumbed down, you should try playing that abomination.

#7 Posted by Zidaneski (8474 posts) -

FFXIII only. FFXIII-2 and FFXIII-3 are some of my favorites of all FF games.

#8 Posted by PyratRum (561 posts) -

Haven't played FF1 or 2.

I'd have to go with FFX. I fucking hate that game so much.

#9 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8796 posts) -

@pyratrum:

I wasn't a big fan of that back when it launched, but I gained a new appreciation for it after playing XIII. Now the HD version is one of my most anticipated games of March. :P

#10 Posted by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

#11 Edited by bbkkristian (14957 posts) -

Am I seriously the first to say Final Fantasy: All the Bravest??? I'm disgusted, SW.

#12 Posted by mems_1224 (47296 posts) -

All of them

#13 Posted by yokofox33 (29919 posts) -

Of the main titles... FFXIII. Such a disappointment of a game. And series. I want that series to die.

#14 Edited by Ballroompirate (23052 posts) -

10, 10-2,13-2 and 13. I'd rather play Mystics than those crap. Actually 10 was pretty awesome except Tidus was a little *****, which destroyed any hope for that game.

#15 Posted by PyratRum (561 posts) -

@Xaero_Gravity said:

@pyratrum:

I wasn't a big fan of that back when it launched, but I gained a new appreciation for it after playing XIII. Now the HD version is one of my most anticipated games of March. :P

I'm buying it simply because SE will consider FFXII HD if FFX HD sells well enough. Best Final Fantasy right there.

#16 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (987 posts) -

All the newer Final Fantasies are really a joke basically,

FFVII and FVIII were the best

FF9 was good with great music

FFX = decent

opinion.

#17 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8796 posts) -

@pyratrum:

I missed out on XII so an HD version would awesome.

#18 Posted by Bigboi500 (30113 posts) -

FFXIII-2 & Lightning Returns. Two of the worst video games ever created. Terrible characters, terrible gameplay, time constraints, convoluted and uninteresting stories, shallow characters, terrible music, gimmicky bait (lighning's garbs), terrible level design...

#19 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8796 posts) -

XIII gets a lot of shit, and deservingly so, but I really enjoyed the battle system. It's a shame that everything else sucked, apart from the graphics of course.

#20 Posted by ristactionjakso (5742 posts) -

10-2, 13- 1,2,3. All of them blow azz.

#21 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Toss up between Final Fantasy 8 and Final Fantasy 10.

#22 Posted by Ghost120x (3919 posts) -

The last FF game I played was 12 and it kind of sucked to me. I guess that is where the downfall started. I'm thinking of getting 13 just because it's cheap and I'm somewhat a collector.

#23 Edited by Messiahbolical- (5561 posts) -

FF12 was boring as f***. 7 was disappointing after buying into the hype of it, I really felt the game would've been so much better if it was in 2D. Never cared for FF8. FF10-2 was disappointing after how much I loved 10. Mystic Quest was obviously bad. I've never been a fan of FF Tactics because I don't like that style of slow-paced chess-like gameplay.

Other than those ones, the rest of the FF games I've played were good. FF6 was the first RPG I ever played and is still my favorite, most nostalgic RPG of all time with FF10 coming in a close 2nd place and FF1 coming in 3rd place. I loved FF9 and FF4 as well. I really enjoyed what I played of FF2 and FF3 but never beat them. Never played FF5, FF11, or FF13 though. Kind of gave up on Square Enix making a good Final Fantasy game. They've butchered the series.

Wish it was still just Squaresoft... and I really wish the series would go back to the classic turn-based battle format. I also wish they would ditch the futuristic cyberpunk settings and go back to classic style FF settings like ancient temples, medieval castles, creepy forests, and open fields with random encounters and victory music, chocobos, etc as well as having classic types of Final Fantasy characters like black mage, a white mage, a swordsman, a thief, an axeman, a knight, a ninja, a brute... etc.

#24 Posted by cainetao11 (17785 posts) -

Ok, dawgmoneygripson............childhomeslicen**ga. This is mine .............I am still playing FF on windows phone. Yes, I haven't beaten ANY yet. I try, but haven't been able to get into jrpg's since Miracle Warriors: seal of the dark lord. For Sega master system. I have FF, 3, 7, 8. And just can't do it. Jap, turn based, emo crap.

#25 Edited by WitIsWisdom (3804 posts) -

Everything after X is not FF. It only has the name. That said... those are all tied for worse. Especially the non online games. At least those had an excuse.

#26 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6585 posts) -

Well, 2 is pretty lame. So that one I guess .

#27 Posted by MJPK (3361 posts) -

Any answer that isn't all the bravest or mystic quest is just wrong, 13 and the sequels were bad but atleast they weren't brain dead like mystic quest or a complete rip off like bravest

#28 Posted by Newhopes (4587 posts) -

FF12 closely followed by all the 13 games.

#29 Posted by blamix99 (2070 posts) -

13-2 and 13-3(Lightning Returns) for me, but still i managed to beat the game even though it's so fu7kn boring..

#30 Posted by stuff238 (741 posts) -

FF4-10 = Awesome!

FF1-3=Average/outdated.

FF11-14 suck.

As for sequels I like 10-2 and 13-2. Have not played 13-3. FF Tactics is also a good game if you like SRPG's.

#31 Posted by Seabas989 (10415 posts) -

FFVIII although if I played more of FFXIII then manybe it'd be that.

#32 Edited by ShepardCommandr (2755 posts) -

Lightning Returns

What a piece of garbage.

edit:

Actually now that i think about it the only good ones are 4,6,(masterpieces) 7,8,9 and 10.The rest are terrible with the exception of ff1,that is a classic.

#33 Edited by DJ-Lafleur (34160 posts) -

Looking at just the main titles, my least favorite 3 would be II, III, and VIII. Both XII and XIII would come after those 3 games. FF was truly at its best from FFIV to FFX (excluding VIII of course).

Including any other titles, FF Tactics Advance and FFX-2 both were pretty lame and not very enjoyable to me.

Although I'd say the obvious worst FF game that probably everyone could agree on is FF: All the Bravest. Holy s*** that game is just...ugh.

#34 Posted by Bigboi500 (30113 posts) -

My favorites are IV, VII, IX, X and XII.

#35 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28422 posts) -

Its a tie between 7 and 10.

7 because its was literally just a futuristic retelling of 6 and because the characters had no heart or appeal and the story was shit, 10 because they dropped making the characters ambiguously anime and just went ahead and made them asian also it story was lame and characters were worthless.

#36 Posted by ConanTheStoner (5680 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Same. XIII is the the worst shit to come post-IV.

I remember thinking VIII kind of sucked, but now I'd be grateful to see FF be on that level again.

#37 Edited by allthatdown (1227 posts) -

I have played a=7,10,12,13 and the spin offs on DS and I would say that 10 was the worst I played.

#38 Posted by Suppaman100 (3947 posts) -

@WilliamRLBaker said:

7 because its was literally just a futuristic retelling of 6 and because the characters had no heart or appeal and the story was shit, 10 because they dropped making the characters ambiguously anime and just went ahead and made them asian also it story was lame and characters were worthless.

7? LOL

But was expected from someone who likes Xbox and Halo. Sh*t taste

#39 Posted by Pffrbt (6565 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

7? LOL

You like TLOU though so you're really in no position to accuse others of having shit taste.

#40 Posted by Suppaman100 (3947 posts) -

@Pffrbt said:

@Suppaman100 said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

7? LOL

You like TLOU though so you're really in no position to accuse others of having shit taste.

?...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Are u srs? I think you're trolling now. But you need to do it more subtle, it's to obvious now.

Anyway if your srs. Last time I checked TLOU scored 95 on metacritic, scored 10's on almost every major gaming site and won most GOTY's.

You fail.

/thread

#41 Posted by Capitan_Kid (6585 posts) -

FF 11 and 14 get an odd amount of hate here. They're pretty good MMOs. 11 has been out for two gens and it still gets updates

#42 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7326 posts) -

13 is the worst one that I've played.

#43 Posted by IamAdorable (402 posts) -

13-2. I have yet to play Lightning Returns. I'm waiting for that to drop in price.

#44 Posted by Lucianu (9454 posts) -

Except for Final Fantasy VI, i'm not a fan of any of them. Most of them suffer from some of the worst writing i've ever seen.

But the bottom of the barrel has to be Final Fantasy XIII. Gut wrenchingly bad writing combined with horrid game design.

#45 Posted by glez13 (8876 posts) -

The worst at the time of release is probably any of the XIII series. I would even throw X-2 into the mix.

#46 Posted by hippiesanta (9902 posts) -

FF11 and FF 14

because they are MMO's ..... and I hate MMO's

#47 Edited by Gue1 (10223 posts) -

it's a 4-way fist fight between the FF13 saga and FFX-2. All of them made by the same man BTW.

#48 Edited by Boddicker (2820 posts) -

I stopped playing them after the PS1. I saw the direction they were going on the PS2 and I was.............digusted.

#49 Posted by DocSanchez (1652 posts) -

I'm not that qualified but of the one's I've played, it's easily, easily XIII.

Pretentious, holding hands crap with the worst characters ever made. I've enjoyed pretty much all the others I've played so far although of the rest VIII was my least favourite.

#50 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3621 posts) -

Worst I played was X. Best I played was XIII. :)