What is your most anticipated 2014 RPG?

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by charizard1605 (56805 posts) 9 months, 25 days ago

Poll: What is your most anticipated 2014 RPG? (119 votes)

Bravely Default (3DS) 5%
Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3) 3%
Tales of Zesteria (PS3) 1%
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC, X1, PS4) 33%
Dark Souls II (PC, X360, PS3) 21%
Dragon Age Inquisition (PC, X1, PS4) 8%
X (Wii U) 17%
Persona 5 (PS3) 11%

Only RPGs which have had a 2014 release date attached to them (even if it is only anticipatory) are listed here.

Which one are you looking forward to the most?

#1 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

witcher 3 ~ world looks sweet

darks souls be day one also

maybe x if i rebuy wii u

#2 Edited by RogueStatus28 (513 posts) -

How can anyone anticipate Tales anymore?

#3 Edited by charizard1605 (56805 posts) -

My answer: Persona 5. If it's half the game Persona 4 was, then it will go down as the best console RPG of the seventh generation by default.

#4 Posted by mems_1224 (46931 posts) -

Dragon Age or Witcher 3

#5 Posted by charizard1605 (56805 posts) -

Xillia and Graces F both sucked, sure, but I mean, we did get Vesperia this generation. I just continue to hold out in the hope that they'll actually manage to get it right again.

#6 Posted by RogueStatus28 (513 posts) -

@RogueStatus28 said:

Xillia and Graces F both sucked, sure, but I mean, we did get Vesperia this generation. I just continue to hold out in the hope that they'll actually manage to get it right again.

If they bring back the Phantasia/ Symphonia/ Vesperia quality, then I'd gladly ride with Tales again.

#7 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26424 posts) -

pretty simple answer. CAUSE THEY ARE GOOD GAMES. Anywho didint realise how many stuff I want is coming next year.

#8 Posted by bbkkristian (14946 posts) -

X of course

#9 Edited by Basinboy (11083 posts) -

Dark Souls 2 and, assuming it happens, FFXV

#10 Edited by PannicAtack (21021 posts) -

Your poll doesn't include Wasteland 2 or Pillars of Destiny. Why is this?

#11 Edited by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

@charizard1605: Graces F was actually one of my memorable Tales experiences. Not sure why it sucks?

#12 Posted by silversix_ (14232 posts) -

dark souls 2 dark souls 2 dark souls 2 dark souls 2 dark souls 2. all day every day.

#13 Posted by charizard1605 (56805 posts) -

Because I completely forgot about them :(

pretty simple answer. CAUSE THEY ARE GOOD GAMES. Anywho didint realise how many stuff I want is coming next year.

They're really not, not anymore. Graces f was mediocre and Xillia was the definition of underwhelming.

I mean, if they work for you, more power to you, I guess. But they aren't 'good,' not unless 'good' is defined by the amount of potential squandered.

#14 Posted by charizard1605 (56805 posts) -

@charizard1605: Graces F was actually one of my memorable Tales experiences. Not sure why it sucks?

Everything outside of the combat system ranged from mildly tolerable to absolute, utter, tripe.

#15 Edited by Zassimick (6431 posts) -

The order goes:

1. Final Fantasy XV (if it releases in 2014 which I doubt)
  2. Persona 5
  3. X
  4. Bravely Default
  5. Dragon Age: Inquisition
#16 Edited by Nanomage (2417 posts) -

Wasteland 2 and Pillars of Eternity for sure,no poll option for those though?

#17 Edited by RogueStatus28 (513 posts) -

@finalfantasy94 said:

@RogueStatus28 said:

Not even but to each his own. Lets not get off topic for TC's sake.

You can like what you want, just know I think you're full of it.

#18 Edited by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

@PannicAtack: probably bc Kickstarter titles are an unknown quantity to many people at this point. I mean you didn't even get the name of one of the games right.

#19 Posted by PannicAtack (21021 posts) -
#20 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

@Nanomage: for Christ sake people, if you like a game so much at least get the name right. It is Pillars of ETERNITY.

#21 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

@charizard1605: that's interesting as I actually liked the plot/story of Graces f, as well as, the combat. Xillia didn't do much for me though.

#22 Posted by MrYaotubo (2678 posts) -

Pillars of Eternity looks amazing and Wasteland 2 is already playable and it´s freaking awesome,those two should´ve been mentioned on the poll,also The Witcher 3 WH.

#23 Edited by AdobeArtist (22845 posts) -

Witcher 3 and Dragon Age Inquisition.

The best things always come in 3's :)

#24 Edited by Samus3D (1675 posts) -

Xeno! I'm getting that and Bravely Default Collector's Edition.

#25 Posted by GreySeal9 (24188 posts) -

X. It looks like everything that was awesome about Xenoblade with some cool new twists. Persona 5 is an extremely close second.

#26 Edited by Samus3D (1675 posts) -

Loved Xenogears, Xenosaga I-III, and Xenoblade Chronicles. It's my favorite RPG series and X is a step in the right direction, not just for the series but for the RPG genre.

#27 Edited by GreySeal9 (24188 posts) -

Well, if people still like them, it's fair to anticipate them.

On the other hand, they are releasing them so frequently that the series is losing any impact it had. Say what you want about Final Fantasy, but the way that the main entries are spread out make each game feel like a big event. Whereas with Tales, it's just like "Oh, another Tales game. Cool."

#28 Posted by lostrib (35635 posts) -

The Division

#29 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26424 posts) -

@PannicAtack said:

Because I completely forgot about them :(

@finalfantasy94 said:

They're really not, not anymore. Graces f was mediocre and Xillia was the definition of underwhelming.

I mean, if they work for you, more power to you, I guess. But they aren't 'good,' not unless 'good' is defined by the amount of potential squandered.

Care to explain why you didint like it?

#30 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26424 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@RogueStatus28 said:

If they bring back the Phantasia/ Symphonia/ Vesperia quality, then I'd gladly ride with Tales again.

Symphonia was my first tales and I dont see how grace or xillia is any less of a game.

#31 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

Also wanted to note some of these games are probably not 2014 games unless you live in, or import from Japan.

#32 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26424 posts) -

X. It looks like everything that was awesome about Xenoblade with some cool new twists. Persona 5 is an extremely close second.

I just hope the cast of that game actually does something for me. Xenoblades cast was boring as dry toast to me not counting ryan and sharla.

#33 Edited by Samus3D (1675 posts) -

@finalfantasy94 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

I just hope the cast of that game actually does something for me. Xenoblades cast was boring as dry toast to me not counting ryan and sharla.

Great cast especially compared to what we get with most modern RPG's.

#34 Posted by AdamPA1006 (6419 posts) -

The whole list is awesome, its odd put I am pretty much only becoming excited about RPGs now, I should be getting every game on that list and more.

#35 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10476 posts) -

The Witcher 3

#36 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26424 posts) -

@Samus3D said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

eh if you like it thats fine.I could have cared less about them.I was more interested of how the world was created since the whole giant thing. That and the gameplay kept me going.

#37 Edited by GreySeal9 (24188 posts) -

@Samus3D said:

@finalfantasy94 said:

@GreySeal9 said:

I thought it had a great cast as well. Not the deepest characters you'll find, but I thought they were a perfectly charismatic bunch. Well, except for Shulk, who was pretty meh, but not too bad.

#38 Edited by lamprey263 (23475 posts) -

I've a feeling Persona 5 won't see the light of day outside Japan in 2014, that would be my #1 though, followed by Bayonetta 2, and Titanfall (though I don't currently have an Xbox 360, X1, or PC able to handle it). I've feeling EA has DICE set up to release a Battlefronts game by the end of 2014... not that it's among my most anticipated or anything but I'd be excited in knowing more about that one.

#39 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8512 posts) -

TC would like us to believe JRPGs are as relevant as ever if not more than games like The Witcher or Wasteland.

#40 Edited by p3anut (5885 posts) -

I would've voted for X but since it's not really 100% confirmed for 2014 I voted for Bravely Default.

#41 Posted by blamix99 (1812 posts) -

hope FFXV comes out 2014, if not then witcher 3 and dark souls 2

#42 Edited by Samus3D (1675 posts) -

@blamix99 said:

hope FFXV comes out 2014, if not then witcher 3 and dark souls 2

Don't hold too much optimism, it's Square. At the earliest that one will come out in 2015, same with that Kingdom Hearts game.

Why people still hold any kind of hope for this company is beyond me. Support Monolith Soft or MistWalker instead, their games are better anyway.

#43 Posted by Shirokishi_ (11198 posts) -

X, it looks amazing and Xenoblade was fantastic. Cant help but to be very interested.
Dark Souls II is a close second though.

#44 Posted by Ballroompirate (22734 posts) -

I'm gonna have to say it's a 4 way tie for me

TW3, DA3, X and Dark Souls 2

#45 Posted by Seabas989 (10166 posts) -

So far X followed by Dark Souls 2 and Bravely Default.

Persona 5 looks like early 2015.

#46 Posted by ArisShadows (22620 posts) -

Dark Souls 2 or Bravely Default

#47 Edited by TheFlush (5533 posts) -
  • The Witcher 3 (PS4)
  • Final Fantasy XIV (PS4 version)
  • Persona 5 (PS3)
  • X (Wii U if it happens in 2014)
  • Elder Scrolls online (PS4 will it come out in 2014?)

#48 Posted by Lucianu (9384 posts) -

Char, you God damned.. You forgot Wasteland 2, Age of Decadence and Project Eternity (now known as Pillars of Eternity) for fuck's sake. Those are what i'm waiting for.

Also, does anyone els feel that 2014 might genuinely be the best year for RPGs? Ever (yes, including 1998, 1999 and 2000)?

• Wasteland 2
  • Age of Decadence
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • The Witcher 3
  • Monolith's X RPG
  • Dragon Age Inquisition
  • Persona 5
  • Dark Souls II
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth

If all of these games turn out to be good, we are looking at the RPG renaissance, people.

#49 Posted by millerlight89 (18455 posts) -

I'm starting to get hyped for The Witcher 3, which I shouldn't after the massive letdown 2 was. I mean what a turd. Dark Souls 2 should be great. X looks kickass, and I'm cautiously optimistic about Dragon Age. The rest do not interest me in the slightest. I was looking at that PC game Wasteland 2, but it doesn't seem like it will be worth the asking price.

#50 Posted by Samus3D (1675 posts) -

Child of Light is another RPG you all should not look over.