What is your greatest gaming achievement?

• 91 results
#51 Edited by foxhound_fox (87844 posts) -

For me it's getting the Big Boss emblem in Metal Gear Solid 4:

Big Boss Emblem

Beat the game on the highest difficulty (The Boss Extreme) with no deaths, no alerts, no kills, no recovery items, no stealth suit, no bandana items, in under 5 hours.

How about you, SW?

Need some picture proof for that kind of claim.

#52 Posted by foxhound_fox (87844 posts) -

Mine would probably be an 0:52 any% in Super Metroid.

#53 Posted by sonic_spark (4601 posts) -

Beating Zelda 2: The Adventure of Link

#54 Posted by Cheleman (7616 posts) -

Losing my virginity @ sweet 16.

confirmed virgin.

#55 Posted by CleanPlayer (9790 posts) -

Beating the first level of Battletoads drunk was marvelous

#56 Edited by uninspiredcup (8026 posts) -

When playing Dark souls earlier today I punched the HDTV and killed a moth.

#57 Posted by Slashkice (13062 posts) -

Either my platinum in Mirror's Edge or Wipeout HD. Those were a bitch to earn, but oh so satisfying.

#58 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3508 posts) -

Some achievements I'm proud of having:

Great Success - Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

What Are You Trying To Prove? - Left 4 Dead

War Hero - Resident Evil 5

Leave It to the Pro - Resident Evil 6

The Price of War - Modern Warfare 2

A Monument to All Your Sins - Halo Reach

Chief Inspector - Sleeping Dogs

Mile High Club, Deep and Hard - Call of Duty 4

Commando - Gears of War

1000'ing Lollipop Chainsaw

From DiRT to Glory - DiRT 3

#59 Posted by jsmoke03 (12793 posts) -

i thought about it and there really isnt anything i can say that is even worth mentioning. i guess its either having over 400 games is something considering i didnt really start collecting til i was in my 20's.

in game achievement...the fact that i have completed/ beat over 100+ games out of that 400 games

#60 Posted by Tangmashi (1051 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic:

Not only did I get the Big Boss Emblem, I also got a Platinum Trophy on MGS4 :)

#61 Edited by TrappedInABox91 (549 posts) -

Playing every level in SMB.1 while drunk as hell only dying like 7 times all the way though. A friend of mine was shocked.

TBH I have played it to a living hell while a kid.

#62 Posted by Seabas989 (10136 posts) -

Beating Ozma in FFIX.

#63 Posted by Ghost120x (3751 posts) -

Trolling all the cheaters in Mario kart 7 by beating them at their own game. no one will ever top my ghost time in maka wuhu. Muhahaha!

#64 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17005 posts) -

Trolling all the cheaters in Mario kart 7 by beating them at their own game. no one will ever top my ghost time in maka wuhu. Muhahaha!

is that why your name is Ghost?

#65 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17005 posts) -

@SolidGame_basic said:

For me it's getting the Big Boss emblem in Metal Gear Solid 4:

Big Boss Emblem

Beat the game on the highest difficulty (The Boss Extreme) with no deaths, no alerts, no kills, no recovery items, no stealth suit, no bandana items, in under 5 hours.

How about you, SW?

Need some picture proof for that kind of claim.

Did it on my PS3 phat 6 years ago. I don't know even think PS3 games had trophies back then.

#66 Posted by SecretPolice (21568 posts) -

Tough one but completing Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future on DC comes to mind. Beating that game felt pretty impossible at the time.

#67 Posted by rosko123 (513 posts) -

Probably beating Fantasia on the megadrive the game is hard as nails and unfair, not by design.

#68 Posted by foxhound_fox (87844 posts) -

Did it on my PS3 phat 6 years ago. I don't know even think PS3 games had trophies back then.

No, I mean a picture of the rating screen. You know, how people did it before achievements and trophies.

An achievement that big is hard to believe without proof.

#69 Edited by Heil68 (43624 posts) -

Beating NES Ninja Gaiden 1 and 2.

#70 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17005 posts) -

@foxhound_fox: it's not that hard, you're allowed to reload old saves

#71 Posted by Terrencec06 (3471 posts) -

Would probably be some of my awesome matches in Socom CF.

There was also this trophy in Medal of Honor MP that was hard as heck "Fire Controller" I think.

My first Plat was pretty cool too.

#72 Posted by psn8214 (14924 posts) -

Beating Dark Souls. It was a multi-month spanning saga for me.

#73 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Well finding the Seer (not through the mission) in Guild Wars on my own while farming with my warrior was pretty freaking cool. I had no help, no idea he was even there until I found him. I didn't even have a map. Just sat out to explore one day due to being bored and there he was standing by some lake. Anybody that has played this game and knows where he is outside of the mission knows this is a long journey in a tough area. There is nothing out there where I was and really no reason to be out there other than to farm Icy Dragon Swords, but I found him long before those were introduced.

#74 Edited by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

@foxhound_fox: No, I mean a picture of the rating screen. You know, how people did it before achievements and trophies.

An achievement that big is hard to believe without proof.)

While I'm not saying it isnt difficult, there are plenty of walkthroughs on YouTube showing how to do it. In fact, it's required to get the platinum trophy.

#75 Posted by edwardecl (2156 posts) -

Entering the cheat for Rise of the Robots by accident, and this is what you have to do to do it...

Fight the Military robot and intentionally lose. Then, set the game options as follows: "Difficulty" (Hard), "Timer" (Off), "Bouts" (7), "Cinematics" (On), "Shadows" (On), and "Screen Shake" (On). Select two players, then press Left on the Joystick at the handicap screen to move the red bar approximately 25% into the player one's side, then move it back again. Repeat this approximately six times until the screen flashes. The Supervisor robot will now be selectable by player two after the Sentry robot.

How the fuck I did this by accident I will never know.

#76 Posted by Suppaman100 (3802 posts) -

@Telekill said:

@Suppaman100: I used to actually be that good at it. I couldn't do it now of course, but back then it was my most played game. It took me quite a few attempts just to memorize which buildings to go into near the end as it was a maze. The hardest part was memorizing the dam level. That sucked.

Oh lawd, the dam level...one of the hardest, most irritating levels of all time...but also one of the most memorable.

#77 Posted by Telekill (4435 posts) -

@SecretPolice: That was a seriously tough game. I beat it once and that was enough. Thankfully the game had a level select after you beat it. My favorite level that I kept going back to was the hanging waters where you had to jump from floating bubble of water to floating bubble of water.

#78 Posted by Zelda187 (721 posts) -

Beating Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts with no cheats

Jesus fucking Christ...what a nightmare

Anyone who thinks that the "Souls" games are hard can suck a fart out of my asshole...and then go play Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts.

#79 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (7267 posts) -

Conquering the map on Rome: Total War Barbarian Invasion as the Western Roman Empire. That expansion was challenging.

#80 Posted by WAJ (730 posts) -

I'm very good at R-Type...

#81 Posted by silversix_ (14129 posts) -

Receive over 30 juicy hate mails in one day during Demon's Souls pvp back in 2010. Those tears were very tasty :)

#82 Posted by tubbyc (3690 posts) -

A no-death run of Dark Souls 2. When I first read about the ring you get from it, I thought there's no way I would ever do that. But I did it eventually after a lot of practice and planning.

#83 Posted by The_Last_Ride (70926 posts) -

i think it'll be beating Omega Shenron at lvl 99 in Dragon Arena in DBZ Budokai 3, that is one tough sob

#84 Posted by xdrjx (55 posts) -

Playing Doom2 CooP on a 286.

#85 Posted by superbuuman (2717 posts) -

Completed StreetFighter Alpha 1, 2 & 3 with highest difficulty (8 stars) with no continues. :P

#86 Posted by SecretPolice (21568 posts) -

@Telekill said:

@SecretPolice: That was a seriously tough game. I beat it once and that was enough. Thankfully the game had a level select after you beat it. My favorite level that I kept going back to was the hanging waters where you had to jump from floating bubble of water to floating bubble of water.

haha, yup, I remember and that was cool. Back in the day the visuals were very appealing and though I never tried beating it again, it was cool just to go swimming around goofing off. :)

#87 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (25014 posts) -

Very Proud I was able to Unlock this sucker.

My Favorite though is

#88 Posted by Dilrod (4239 posts) -

Being one of the first North American white mages with my AF gear in FFXI (way before the game was nerfed) and having achievements that took almost three years to get in that game.

#89 Edited by KillzoneSnake (1695 posts) -

I have too many to list just one lol. I'm a very competitive gamer, from PC to PS3 to now on PS4. I just post some of my recent ones.

Playing 1v1 rank i reached max 1000 rating on 2 accounts on PES 2013. Legit. It took me just 2 weeks after the game came out. I think i was probably the first in the world to achieve this that soon.

Another great achievement was yesterday for me where i won the KZSF world challenge final. Here is the final part of the final game...

#90 Posted by Heirren (16666 posts) -

Achievement? Not sure I'd use that word. With that said I'd say beating a lot of the harder NES games without dying. None of that emulator crap either. Actual NES on a crt.

Off the top of my head.

-Double Dragon II

-Ninja Gaiden

-Captain Skyhawk

...I'm sure I there were many more....

#91 Posted by SolidGame_basic (17005 posts) -

I have too many to list just one lol. I'm a very competitive gamer, from PC to PS3 to now on PS4. I just post some of my recent ones.

Playing 1v1 rank i reached max 1000 rating on 2 accounts on PES 2013. Legit. It took me just 2 weeks after the game came out. I think i was probably the first in the world to achieve this that soon.

Another great achievement was yesterday for me where i won the KZSF world challenge final. Here is the final part of the final game...

Nice. You actually made Killzone look entertaining for once lol.

#92 Posted by jake44 (1977 posts) -

Downing Illidan for the first time in Black Temple.