What is your dream remaster collection?

• 96 results
#1 Edited by GreySeal9 (23943 posts) -

I would pay some serious money for a collection with polished up versions of the three PS1 Final Fantasy games. This would include rearranged music, cleaner translations (FF9 would need this the least), and added voice overs for all of the story dialogue. There would be no derpy expansions to the stories in this collection.

#2 Posted by freedomfreak (38251 posts) -

The old TR games remastered with the engine they used for Legend/Anniversary.

Having them with those platforming mechanics and visuals. Would be lovely.

#3 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3241 posts) -

The older Resident Evil games in a remastered collection would be sweet.

#4 Edited by DJ-Lafleur (34083 posts) -

I'd prefer to see FFV and FFVi get the FFIV PSP collection treatment myself, and for both to have the new content that the GBA ports offered + more. They could both be in the same package similar to how they were on the PS1 as well. I suppose such a collection would be put on the Vita at this point, which would make me want a Vita badly TBH.

#5 Edited by jg4xchamp (46680 posts) -

Metroid Prime trilogy, just this time drop Metroid Prime 3, and replace it with Pootie Tang. That was more deserving of being called a successor to Metroid Prime 1 and 2.

#6 Posted by navyguy21 (12698 posts) -

Grand Theft Auto

Gothic Series

Rare's classic games

Knights of the Old Republic 1&2 plus Jade Empire

Shenmue Series

#7 Edited by Renegade_Fury (16952 posts) -

Panzer Dragoon. If I could get the first one, Zwei, Saga, and Orta all together and remastered, I'd buy it in an instant and at any price.

Do it, SEGA, These masterpieces deserve it...

#8 Posted by jg4xchamp (46680 posts) -

Fuck yes to Panzer Dragoon.

#9 Posted by Jeager_Titan (945 posts) -

The old TR games remastered with the engine they used for Legend/Anniversary.

Having them with those platforming mechanics and visuals. Would be lovely.

Actually Anniversary was the remake of the first one. Though I would like to see 2 and 3 done in Crystal Dynamics latest engine.

#10 Posted by gameofthering (9978 posts) -

Resident Evil 2 & 3

#11 Posted by freedomfreak (38251 posts) -

Actually Anniversary was the remake of the first one. Though I would like to see 2 and 3 done in Crystal Dynamics latest engine.

Yeah, I know. I'd just love to see them all bundled, and remastered together.

#12 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5483 posts) -

Definitely the Mass Effects. Would be amazing to play them again on next gen.

Would also love to see San Andreas with GTA V level of detail.

#13 Posted by silversix_ (13644 posts) -

I want something new not a game i've played 78.4 decades ago

#14 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16427 posts) -

I think it'd be great to see a remastered collection of Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2. They're both really terrific action games (especially the first). Dead, but not forgotten, there will always be a part of my life that I will view as Viewtiful.

#15 Posted by GreySeal9 (23943 posts) -

Good for you.

#16 Edited by redskins26rocs (2674 posts) -

Halo MCC but with Halo Reach instead of Halo 4 for many reasons

It is not crap, has forge world, and IMO it has a unique feel with the AAs and DMR.

Other than this I wish all KH games were just thrown on one disc and released for next gen in a couple years.

#17 Posted by Pikminmaniac (8597 posts) -

I'd love to see the first two Pikmin games remastered in HD packaged with Pikmin 3. That would be beautiful.

#18 Posted by foxhound_fox (86957 posts) -

Syphon Filter 1-3.

Not just a remaster though, full blown remakes.

#19 Edited by silversix_ (13644 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Good for you.

okay okay since this thread is serious bsns i'll have to go with one game. Jet Force Gemini is what i'd like to be fully remade in UE4 with 2p co-op campaign.

#20 Edited by nintendoboy16 (25828 posts) -

@jeager_titan said:

Yeah, I know. I'd just love to see them all bundled, and remastered together.

TR2 and 3 (fuck Angel of Darkness, that game can go down with Sonic 06) with Legend engine? As someone who loved Anniversary, OH HELL YES! I'd love that. :D

#21 Posted by drummerdave9099 (606 posts) -

A Link to the Past done in 3D but layed out exactly the same as it was in 2D

#22 Edited by thehig1 (880 posts) -

Pokemon red /blue /yellow on wii u

#23 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16116 posts) -

All of the Donkey Kong Country games running on the Tropical Freeze engine

Grand Theft Auto

Yes, I would like GTA III, Vice City, SA and while we're at it LCS and VCS running on the, current gen, GTA V engine.

#24 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6215 posts) -

GTA games

First 3 Burnout games. No need for revenge since it was released on a gen 7 console, just the first 3.

#25 Edited by Dasein808 (144 posts) -

The original THQ Dawn of War games and even EA's '93 effort because its ridiculous difficulty and machismo still make me laugh.

"For the Emperor."

"<< All Terminators DEAD. >>"

#26 Edited by Flubbbs (2833 posts) -

Resident Evil 2 & 3 in a complete remake from the ground up

#27 Edited by getyeryayasout (6906 posts) -

@turtlethetaffer said:

I think it'd be great to see a remastered collection of Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2. They're both really terrific action games (especially the first). Dead, but not forgotten, there will always be a part of my life that I will view as Viewtiful.

Hell yeah! The artstyle of the games will hold up forever, make 'em 1080/60 and take my money (again).

I still have the watch they gave away as a preorder bonus for VJ, keeps time...Viewtifully. :P

#28 Edited by RR360DD (11414 posts) -

Halo MC Collection is a dream remaster for me.

Also Shenmue I and II

RE1, 2, 3 and CV

Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3

GTA3, Vice city and San Andreas

FFVII, VIII and IX

Goldeneye

#29 Posted by LustForSoul (5788 posts) -

The Bloody Roar franchise.

#30 Posted by bbkkristian (14764 posts) -

I want a Xenosaga HD Collection. Throw in Xenogears too, even though that's even more impossible.

#31 Posted by EasyComeEasyGo (335 posts) -

If there's one game that deserves to be remastered I say, Xenosaga Trilogy from PS2. As you can see, PS4 is lacking JRPG for the moment, but I enjoy Xenosaga 1,2 but never got around to play the 3rd one back then. Having Xenosaga Trilogy on PS4 would be totally awesome and definitely give the PS4 some JRPG love.

#32 Posted by coasterguy65 (5741 posts) -

Skyrim with DLC

Mass Effect series, but only if they actually go back and fix the issues with the first game.

#33 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16427 posts) -

@turtlethetaffer said:

Hell yeah! The artstyle of the games will hold up forever, make 'em 1080/60 and take my money (again).

I still have the watch they gave away as a preorder bonus for VJ, keeps time...Viewtifully. :P

Sadly I never got that because I bought the game several years after release. I'd kill to have one, though :P

#34 Edited by kweeni (10866 posts) -

I got into Ghost in the Shell recently and there two game of it, one for ps1 and one for ps2. I wouldn't mind seeing them remastered for ps3 or ps4 or hell they can just put the games on the psn store under classics or whatever since the original games are kinda hard to get right now(and expensive...). I know the former will never happen but I hope the latter will some day.

#35 Posted by pelvist (4472 posts) -

Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series and Sshock 1&2.

#36 Edited by Seabas989 (9960 posts) -

Panzer Dragoon trilogy on the Saturn

Rogue Squadron trilogy

Metroid Prime Trilogy

Shining Force III

Final Fantasy XII: International Zodiac Edition

#37 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28310 posts) -

NES and SNES mainline square soft games remastered under the helm of all the original developers that are still alive.

#38 Edited by General_Solo76 (87 posts) -

Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2, as well as Castlevania Symphony of the Night, Rhondo of Blood, and Super Castlevania IV, all remastered in HD.

#39 Edited by 22Toothpicks (11258 posts) -

The first series that comes to mind any time this question is asked is Onimusha. I would love a complete remake but an HD remaster will suffice.

GIMME HAVE IT

#40 Posted by Chutebox (36216 posts) -

FF 1-6 would be very, VERY nice.

#41 Posted by chessmaster1989 (28963 posts) -

Would have said FFX/X-2 if that hadn't already been done. :P

But agreed with TC, I would love to see remasters/remakes of FF7-9 (or just 7 and 9, who cares about 8). A Chrono Trigger remaster would also be awesome.

#42 Posted by MirkoS77 (6868 posts) -

The first two Fallouts deserve to be remastered. They are masterpieces of game design. Though I don't know exactly what "remaster" entails, but what I'd like to see is the exact same game, same isometric perspective, in a fully customizable 3D engine with physics and destructible environments, controllable AI turns in combat, a reworked inventory, and full voice acting.

Never going to happen, but I can dream.

#43 Posted by AutoPilotOn (7948 posts) -

Kings quests and space quests.

#44 Posted by GreySeal9 (23943 posts) -

Would have said FFX/X-2 if that hadn't already been done. :P

But agreed with TC, I would love to see remasters/remakes of FF7-9 (or just 7 and 9, who cares about 8). A Chrono Trigger remaster would also be awesome.

They actually did re-release Chrono Trigger on the DS with a new translation and some extra content, but the visuals look almost exactly the same (they don't really need improvement tho).

#45 Posted by yokofox33 (28985 posts) -

Valkyria Chronicles Collection

Ideally remastered version of the first 2 games and then the 3rd game released for the first time in the States.

#46 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26170 posts) -

THe shadow hearts series.I think its my favorite jrpg.

#47 Posted by GamingTitan (495 posts) -

@foxhound_fox:

Totally. The syphon filter games was the first thing to come to mind. The first syphon filter game was soooo good.

#48 Posted by Ballroompirate (21719 posts) -

Kotor 1 and Kotor 2

#49 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22108 posts) -

I want a remake(or even a reboot/sequel) of mortal kombat shaolin monks. With online co-op running at 60fps,1080p My favorite mortal kombat game in the franchise.

#50 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (533 posts) -

it was orange box and i has been out long ago

for now. its Doom collection after doom 4. the collection should have all 4 doom game including doom 1 and 2 on HD remake. that would be one hell of the remaster version.