What is your biggest console regret?

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

About four years ago, I got a 360. It was meant to replace my Wii, ya know.

I chose a 360 because of, well.... Halo.

I now regret that decision, as I have grown out of Halo, and many PS3 exclusives are proving more interesting to me (not being able to play The Last Of Us was pure torture).

Yeah, I could still get a PS3. It's not really too late yet.

But, I would still want to replace all the games I currently own that are multi-plats for the PS3 versions.....which would cost me a freaking fortune.

I COULD just buy the PS3 exclusives that I wanna play, and not have to worry about replacing anything..... except for the fact that my 360 is going to hell anyway and will probably Red-Ring in the next few months. It's my fault to be honest. I have had it for over four years and I never cleaned it even once. It's a miracle that it still works now tbh.

*sigh* I just really screwed myself when I chose the 360 over the PS3.

So, the point of this thread is as follows: What are your biggest console regrets, and why?

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts

cross platform games generally run better on the 360, if your 360 still works theirs no reason to replace them & my biggest regrets is impulsively buying games

jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts

None.

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Xbox 360 - You know why
Nintendo 3DS - Got it at launch and didn't buy many games. Got 6 games so far.

Both of them have taught me not to get a system at launch.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Buying MegaCD and 32X, and selling most of my old systems.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kevlar101

@locus-solus said:

cross platform games generally run better on the 360, if your 360 still works theirs no reason to replace them & my biggest regrets is impulsively buying games

Pop-in.

Something is wrong with my 360. Either the laser is broken, or the disc drive is dirty. The disc drive clicks and buzzes and beeps at me constantly.

And the texture pop-in that has happened as a result is horrific. I mean it is the worst I have ever seen ever. Like.... ever.

I'm no graphics whore...but I just cannot stand pop-in in any way.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

If I had to pick a console, it'd be the ps4, at least at this point in time. There's nothing to play on it. People rag and rag on the wii u, but in the real world it has much better games than the ps4, and a more promising library on the horizon.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

let's see

I bought a collectors edition of black ops cost me about 100$

Sold my Wii because I thought it was a kiddie console(God I feel so dumb)

Xbox Live member ship, (this should be illegal I don't get how Microsoft is getting away with this)

Every game and console I sold to gamestop(what a rip off, death to gamestop)

I think that's about it.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 locus-solus

@Kevlar101 said:

@locus-solus said:

Pop-in.

Something is wrong with my 360. Either the laser is broken, or the disc drive is dirty. The disc drive clicks and buzzes and beeps at me constantly.

And the texture pop-in that has happened as a result is horrific. I mean it is the worst I have ever seen ever. Like.... ever.

about how many games do you have? it might be smart to only replace games that you think you will replay. i have a lot of games that i don't think i'm ever going to replay again & i could message you a few ps3 recommendations k

Ratchet_Fan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ratchet_Fan8
Member since 2008 • 5574 Posts

PSP.Waste of money

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Kevlar101

@locus-solus said:

@Kevlar101 said:

@locus-solus said:

Pop-in.

about how many games do you have? it might be smart to only replace games that you think you will replay. i have a lot of games that i don't think i'm ever going to replay again & i could message you a few ps3 recommendations k

Well I have about 32 or so games that I still own.

And I guess it couldn't hurt to get some recommendations....so sure

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Buying a PS3 to early a mistake I'll never maker again.

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By locus-solus

@Kevlar101 said:

Well I have about 32 or so games that I still own.

And I guess it couldn't hurt to get some recommendations....so sure

60+ games impulse buying lol

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22657 Posts

I have a legit gaming regret that haunts me every day.

I sold my favorite console of all time, the Snes, 2 standard controllers, the Super advantage controller and a few other peripherals, and 40+ games, many of which considered some of the best games in history, for 300$.

I did this to buy an N64 and couldn't afford a single game. They were too much money... I sold the best console in history.... For nothing.

I shit you not, I think about it almost every day at least once. :/ I ended up selling the N64 a few months later realizing I'd never be able to afford a game collection on it with those prices and I bought my first guitar with the money.... Happy ending I suppose, given the guitar became my profession, but oh so bittersweet.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

Buying an Atari Jaguar back in '94. I was sixteen at the time and believed it would be amazing.....I bought fully into the hype. The local mom and pop gaming store only had one for $400. Yes, $400 (I'm sure the shop owners were laughing at me as the MSRP was $250, but I had no other options as I'm on Maui and at the time there were like 2 gaming shops on the whole Island), and I don't even know what it'd be today accounting for inflation. I lived on a 3 acre farm, and I busted my ass daily doing yardwork saving up the money.

After I saved up 1/4 of the cost, my parents fronted me the rest under the condition I pay them back through yardwork. Soon after purchase I realized what a complete shit system it was, but that didn't change the fact I was left with a dead, barely supported system with a $300 payment still due to my parents who were constantly on my ass to do yardwork, which took me about two months to work off.

HUGE regret. Easily the biggest. Eh, taught me some good lessons though. At least I got Tempest, and Aliens vs Predator, which were like the only decent games.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

I think a lot of people regretted not having a PS3 last gen. Personally I had both the 360 and PS3 and it's the same with this gen I've got an Xbox One and PS4. There's just too much offerings on both sides of the table to just stick with one.

1080pOnly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 1080pOnly
Member since 2009 • 2216 Posts

For me it's the Atari Jaguar and the PS3.

The Jaguar because it had the brilliant AVP but nothing else ever followed it and the PS3 because I bought it at launch, it was expensive and it basically had nothing worth playing for 3 years.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#18 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

well for the 3DS, I regret not Preordering The Bravely Default Collector's Edition when I had the Chance.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#19 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@locus-solus said:

Yes my biggest regret is also impulse purchases that I later regret(some are impulse, some are not).....because I refuse to not buy a game that I have been anticipating for a long time, just because other people(professional reviewers) diss it.....I like to find out myself, because I've been often surprised by a game that has gotten medicore reviews.....I i lke to trust my instinct on game purchases, but unfortunately it doesn't always work out.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#20 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

I regret not pre-ordering the PS4 1 year before it comes out.. now its March and i still dont have a PS4.

thats about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-585ea4b128526
deactivated-585ea4b128526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-585ea4b128526
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts

Been lucky, I can say I have never picked the losing console. Nes, snes, ps1-4, and wii. However my 360 died 5 hours into gtaiv, I never did replace it. Since everyone was complaining that they had to send theirs in multiple times. So I traded in all the games, hdd, and controller for about $200 towards a ps3.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

I gave away my Sega Genesis with a huge box full of games. I got rid of my N64 and SNES.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@Kevlar101 said:

I now regret that decision, as I have grown out of Halo, and many PS3 exclusives are proving more interesting to me (not being able to play The Last Of Us was pure torture).

But, I would still want to replace all the games I currently own that are multi-plats for the PS3 versions.....which would cost me a freaking fortune.

I COULD just buy the PS3 exclusives that I wanna play, and not have to worry about replacing anything..... except for the fact that my 360 is going to hell anyway and will probably Red-Ring in the next few months. It's my fault to be honest. I have had it for over four years and I never cleaned it even once. It's a miracle that it still works now tbh.

So, the point of this thread is as follows: What are your biggest console regrets, and why?

That's hardly a console regret, the x360 is a very good system, it's the end of this gen so it's normal not a lot of games coming out, you have the new xbox too you know, or you can buy the ps4.

My biggest console regret is the amiga cd 32

It flopped almost immediately at was already discontinued a year after release, thank god i could sell it.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#24 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

I regret having my SNES broken...

Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Assassin_87
Member since 2004 • 2349 Posts

Biggest console regret?

I'd have to say that selling my Gamecube back in 2003 was a pretty big one. I bought another one the following year. Too many good games to miss out on.

Other than that I can't think of any I regret buying, and I've owned every major console since fifth gen. There's always a reason to own each piece of hardware, and as a gamer you will always miss out on at least a few must-play titles if you don't own everything. Maybe, if I did have one regret, it would be ignoring PC gaming from about 2004 until 2010. When I got back into it and built a new rig, I had a lot of catching up to do.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

regrets? dunno I haven't bought a console yet this gen.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

1. Buying a Nintendo DS. The system definitely has some great games, which is why I bought it, but I just really hate playing games on a handheld, so it never got any use. Lesson learned: handheld gaming just isn't for me, so I only stick to consoles now.

2. When I was younger and didn't have a job, I sold some of my old consoles and every time that I sold an old console, I eventually ended up regretting it and would end up spending more money to buy a new one than I got from selling it. Lesson learned: unless I have a console that is 100% backwards compatible with all of the games I like on the old system, I keep my old systems.

Other than that, I have no regrets. I always get all of the consoles every generation, so I never miss out on anything and every console has at least one game that makes my purchase of it worth it.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

The only console I really regret getting was the PS3. I've only played two games on it that I really liked and everything else was pretty disappointing. I probably would have hated myself if I had actually paid for it.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#29 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Don't really have one. I've enjoyed all the consoles I've had, and they've gotten a lot of use.

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#30 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

The PS3. Followed by the Wii.

beerm_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By beerm_basic
Member since 2002 • 2488 Posts

Biggest regret buy - Wii - presides a handful of games there wasnt much else to play. Main reason i havent got wiiu

Biggest regret sell - ps3 - sold 2 years ago to go into sons xmas fund - my son had a wonderful xmas sure just wish i saved little each month or something instead as missed out on - last of us, ni no kumi, beyond two souls, south park and dark souls 2

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I got a 32x and only ever had 3 games for it. It was so worthless that I actually forget I owned one sometimes. Virtua Fighter was pretty nice on it, though.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

I regret even considering getting a 360 around 2008

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

I regret i sold some retro consoles/collections such as Snes/N64

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

ps2 and psp. Dust collectors, both of them.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

The PS3... Not a very fun system.

I also regret not accepting a 360 'as a gift' from someone who just wanted to give their old one to me (they were getting a slim).

This gen I haven't bought anything yet, and I'm not so sure I will. The closest I've gotten is holding a 3DS in my hands, walking to the counter, and then deciding against it halfway there lol.

It's all too expensive for me nowadays, so I just stick with my PC.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

@Renegade_Fury said:

The PS2 has almost 4000 pieces of software. It seems ridiculous that you couldn't find enough quality games to justify its $300 price tag.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

360 because it lacked exclusives from mid gen on up.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50550 Posts

Bought a PS3 on ebay right before the prices leveled off because they weren't really selling. bought the 20GB too. So sold that and bought a 60GB. Lost some money, but I guess it was worth it as7-8 years later it still runs perfectly.

Kind of regretted buying a 360 too. Alan Wake was awesome but Gears and Halo's bored me (most FPS do). So sold it back long time ago and then got a Wii.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

I regret not setting up the ps4 on ebay hours ahead, by the time I got home with the console the prices had plummeted. Mehh.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Renegade_Fury said:

The PS2 has almost 4000 pieces of software. It seems ridiculous that you couldn't find enough quality games to justify its $300 price tag.

Thanks, broseph, but I've done more than enough research on its library, and none of its big exclusives appeal to me, I don't mix well with rpgs, and the ps2 is the last console I would ever want to play multiplats on. The only good thing its for is its backwards compatibility with the ps1, but the ps3 has made that function irrelevant.

IamAdorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 IamAdorable
Member since 2013 • 407 Posts

Getting rid of my Playstation 2. I should have never done that. It was still in good condition.

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#43  Edited By immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

Buying the PS3 at 600 dollars CDN. Yes Motorstorm looked amazing but there just wasn't enough to justify it for me. I sold it and it paid for my plane ticket to move across country at the time so I guess it's not all bad. I also bought Wii 1 month after release and soon realized how bad that was too, would buy/resell 2 more times in the generation to play 1st party games. Shame the Wii U will be the same with only 1st party games worth playing and missing most 3rd party games.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Kevlar101

@evildead6789 said:

@Kevlar101 said:

That's hardly a console regret, the x360 is a very good system, it's the end of this gen so it's normal not a lot of games coming out, you have the new xbox too you know, or you can buy the ps4.

My biggest console regret is the amiga cd 32

It flopped almost immediately at was already discontinued a year after release, thank god i could sell it.

Nope. It is indeed a console regret, because I regret getting the 360 instead of the PS3.

CountBleck12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45 CountBleck12
Member since 2012 • 4726 Posts

I don't have one.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Never had one.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

No console regrets for me. Hell, I bought a 3DO which had just a handful of games that appealed to me and I was very happy with the system.

I can count the number of games I have for my PS3 with three hands and I'm happy with it.

I still have my PS2. I played games on it (FIFA, mostly) until 2011. I still have it. I'm not getting rid of it.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@Renegade_Fury said:

I personally thought that the PS2 was eventually worth buying for the God of War games, but out of all the consoles that I have ever owned, the PS2 is the hardest one for me to justify since I only really used it for those 2 games.

For somebody like me that owned all of the consoles that gen and would never buy any multiplat game on PS2 because it had the worst version of multiplats and the worst controller, and is also not a fan of Japanese RPGs, then the PS2 will not have much appeal for this kind of person, so I don't think it is ridiculous for someone to not be able to find enough quality games on the PS2 to justify it's purchase. If it wasn't for how awesome I thought God of War was, I would not have been able to justify purchasing a PS2 either.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#49 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

Xbox360 of course, most people had like 2-3 xbox360

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#50  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

My biggest regret is needing the money, I sold my wiiu. If I hadn't, I would only need my ps4 in order to have this gens consoles.