What is the leading platform for the new GTA game coming up?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

navneet21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 navneet21
Member since 2003 • 1625 Posts
^topic
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts
i am not sure i understand your question but the game started development on ps3.
navneet21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 navneet21
Member since 2003 • 1625 Posts
i am not sure i understand your question but the game started development on ps3.InfamousC
I mean will the game be ported to PS3 or Xbox 360...but thx I think that answered the question
smiguelv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 smiguelv
Member since 2005 • 195 Posts
Both xbox and ps3 will get the game but I think the only difference is the xbox version will get an exclusive expansion pack later on after the release.
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Me_Ur_Daddy_
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts
Both xbox and ps3 will get the game but I think the only difference is the xbox version will get an exclusive expansion pack later on after the release.smiguelv
naw they announced that GTA4 ps3 woll get extra content too in the form of extra islands with missions or sumthing cus the extra HDD space. 360 suppose to only get extra missions. and yes this game was being deved on ps3 and porting to 360 started last year
killaj2786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 killaj2786
Member since 2006 • 2531 Posts
[QUOTE="smiguelv"]Both xbox and ps3 will get the game but I think the only difference is the xbox version will get an exclusive expansion pack later on after the release.Me_Ur_Daddy_
naw they announced that GTA4 ps3 woll get extra content too in the form of extra islands with missions or sumthing cus the extra HDD space. 360 suppose to only get extra missions. and yes this game was being deved on ps3 and porting to 360 started last year

REally?...can i get a link to that...cuz im pretty sure that the 360 and ps3 versions were announced at the same time....
MC2K8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MC2K8
Member since 2007 • 319 Posts
PS3.  The series originated on the PS2.  Well, it originated on PC, then moved to its first console, the PS2.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

Despite what fanboys will say (ie, Lemmings will say it's being made on 360 and ported to PS3, while Cows saying it's been made on PS3 and ported to 360) it'll probably be handled the same way as most other simultaneously released mulitplat.

Developed on PC with seperate teams working on the PS3 and 360 versions.

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Danm_999
PS3. The series originated on the PS2. Well, it originated on PC, then moved to its first console, the PS2.MC2K8
Actually, the series debuted on PC, but it's first consoles were the GameBoy and PS1.
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 InfamousC

Despite what fanboys will say (ie, Lemmings will say it's being made on 360 and ported to PS3, while Cows saying it's been made on PS3 and ported to 360) it'll probably be handled the same way as most other simultaneously released mulitplat.

Danm_999

they built an engine specifically for ps3.

Rockstar North is creating a specialized game engine for PS3 that will bring GTA 4 to life to a degree that PS2 games could only hint at. Specifically, they're going to be using the high data transfer bandwidth of the Cell CPU, RSX GPU, and Blu-ray Disc to use several streams of game info simultaneously.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-6307.html

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts
Well,considering San Andreas did sell 14 million copies on the Ps2.... I'd say Ps3!
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Danm_999
[QUOTE="Danm_999"]

InfamousC

Rockstar North is creating a specialized game engine for PS3 that will bring GTA 4 to life to a degree that PS2 games could only hint at. Specifically, they're going to be using the high data transfer bandwidth of the Cell CPU, RSX GPU, and Blu-ray Disc to use several streams of game info simultaneously.

I was under the impression they were using the RAGE engine, which by the time GTA4 is released will already have been featured in 360 games.
Damare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Damare
Member since 2003 • 744 Posts
[QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="Danm_999"]

Danm_999

I was under the impression they were using the RAGE engine, which by the time GTA4 is released will already have been featured in 360 games.

The RAGE engine has already been used on the 360, it was the engine R* used in Table Tennis.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Danm_999
[QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="Danm_999"]

Damare

The RAGE engine has already been used on the 360, it was the engine R* used in Table Tennis.

Yeah, so I don't understand the assumption they'll develop it for PS3 then port it to 360.
killaj2786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 killaj2786
[QUOTE="Danm_999"]

InfamousC

Umean the RAGE engine....the same engine used for Table Tennis? Which was on the 360?
killaj2786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 killaj2786
[QUOTE="Damare"][QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="Danm_999"]

Danm_999

Yeah, so I don't understand the assumption they'll develop it for PS3 then port it to 360.

because they're cows, and act like it's coming out for the ps3 first when it's obivous that they're comin out at the same time.
XYZVector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 XYZVector
Member since 2006 • 753 Posts
uhh the 360 exclusive first!!! Yeah baby, in the austin powers voice!!
Damare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Damare
[QUOTE="Damare"][QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="Danm_999"]

Danm_999

I don't either. I had read that they had started development on the PC/360 version first because the PS3 wasn't finalized at the time they wanted to start work on it. It's not going to make it any worse of a game either way, so I don't see what the big deal is really.
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Me_Ur_Daddy_
[QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="Damare"][QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="Danm_999"]

Damare

I don't either. I had read that they had started development on the PC/360 version first because the PS3 wasn't finalized at the time they wanted to start work on it. It's not going to make it any worse of a game either way, so I don't see what the big deal is really.

how did you come up with that assumtion ? i saw videos of sam houser main producer praising sony and how CELL and blu-ray will help them make GTA4 so much better. they been working on it for years on ps3 they barely announced and started working on a 360 version last year. and did they even announce a PC version i though it was only 360/ps3 so far ? now i know what you read was false cus they havent even announced a PC version and its widely know PS3 was always the main dev station.
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 InfamousC
[QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="Damare"][QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="InfamousC"]

Damare

Rockstar North received their PlayStation3 game developers kit in August 2005 and have since then been working on a brand new game engine for what the October issue of PSM is calling, a next-gen GTA title. Eye-candy aside, they are supposedly aiming to create a photo-realistic city for GTA 4.

one has to wander did you guys even read the article i post. you guys can believe what you want to but at least i know the truth.

Damare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Damare
[QUOTE="Damare"][QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="Damare"][QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="Danm_999"]

Me_Ur_Daddy_

how did you come up with that assumtion ? i saw videos of sam houser main producer praising sony and how CELL and blu-ray will help them make GTA4 so much better. they been working on it for years on ps3 they barely announced and started working on a 360 version last year. and did they even announce a PC version i though it was only 360/ps3 so far ? now i know what you read was false cus they havent even announced a PC version and its widely know PS3 was always the main dev station.

It's not widely known it's the main devlopment platform. They haven't been working on it for years, because the PS3 was only finalized a year ago. The engine being used to create the world of GTA4 was first used and developed for the 360 (the Rage engine). So until there's some definite confirmation from the developers themselves (read: a link) there's no telling which platform is the lead platform. But the more logical choic would be the PC and 360. And you'd have to be born under a rock to think there isn't going to be a PC version. It's like gravity... there's always a PC version of GTA.
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Me_Ur_Daddy_
[QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy_"][QUOTE="Damare"][QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="Damare"][QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="InfamousC"][QUOTE="Danm_999"]

Damare

It's not widely known it's the main devlopment platform. They haven't been working on it for years, because the PS3 was only finalized a year ago. The engine being used to create the world of GTA4 was first used and developed for the 360 (the Rage engine). So until there's some definite confirmation from the developers themselves (read: a link) there's no telling which platform is the lead platform. But the more logical choic would be the PC and 360. And you'd have to be born under a rock to think there isn't going to be a PC version. It's like gravity... there's always a PC version of GTA.

i never said they wont make a PC version but to assume that an engine they used on a very short table tennis game proves that 360 is the main platform is just a joke. and you said ur proof stated the game was being deved on 360 and pc first of all and that sthe proof right there that it was untrue, they havent even announced a date for a PC verion or if there is one(which i think there will be) especially when it IS widely known they always dev on playstation first it has been that way the past 3 games whether you like it or not, and through the link provided. and where did they say they developed RAGE for 360 ? last time i checked it was for next gen platforms, you seem to be assuming a lot of things without any hard evidence to back it up. just because they got the dev kits in the middle of 2005 for ps3 doesnt mean they didnt start working with specs sony sent them and built off that. and its very obvious they barely started on 360 last year cus MS announced the fact at E3.