What is the best Civilization game?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: What is the best Civilization game? (62 votes)

Civilization 0%
Civilization II 8%
Civilization III 13%
Civilization IV 15%
Alpha Centauri 6%
Civilization Revolution 5%
Civilization V 53%

Sid Meier's Civilization games are amazing, the grand masters of the strategy genre, and among the premier PC exclusive franchises. But there have been so many of them, and they have grown so much over the last few decades- which one do you think is the best though?

I personally think the answer is Civilization V, as not only did the game streamline itself so it wasn't as much of a sprawling mess, it also finally made some broken strategies impossible (no more fucking unit stacking), and became even more nuanced and complicated than previous games (especially with the expansions).

What do you think though?

#51 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5688 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

It really is remarkable how much better Civ 5 has gotten with the patches and expansion packs. It was easily one of the worst games in the series at launch, and now it is almost as good as Civ 4 with the Beyond The Sword expansion. Civ 4 is still the best, though.

civ v is great, i love it, but it doesn't have all the cool mods that civ 4 had. At least quality wise. Civ 4 had so many total conversion and scenerios it was unreal, hell even space games. Civ 5 a few crappy middle earth texture replaceers...uggh.. wish the mod scene was better (although haven't checked since before g&K)

#52 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5688 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

My favorites are Civ III and Revolution (DS version, I'm playing the 360 version).

civ rev on ds was fun until you realize that the game is so easy it doesn't make it worth playing. I never understood why that game was made so a grade school kid could beat it. Maybe because of the ds? Age of Empires Mythology was great on ds though, as it was also turnbased on there, never played Age 2 on there, as I could never find a copy.

#53 Edited by charizard1605 (62633 posts) -

@zaraxius said:

I can't say how I think Charizard1605 makes these topics of appraisal for PC games to pleasure the PC gamer audience he so desperately wants to appease in quite the way I want, without provoking moderator intervention, but I will say that these games suck dick and that I hate that I own the fourth and fifth one (System Wars told me they were fun!).

I wish you'd stop stalking me and get a life already. I'd say I'm flattered by the attention, but honestly, I'd be lying, since it's fucking creepy is what it is. Maybe stop trying to follow me around on these boards and stop being so bothered with what I post or what I like?

EDIT: Oh, proof that you actually own Civ IV or Civ V would be great as well.

#54 Posted by Zaraxius (221 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@zaraxius said:

I can't say how I think Charizard1605 makes these topics of appraisal for PC games to pleasure the PC gamer audience he so desperately wants to appease in quite the way I want, without provoking moderator intervention, but I will say that these games suck dick and that I hate that I own the fourth and fifth one (System Wars told me they were fun!).

I wish you'd stop stalking me and get a life already. I'd say I'm flattered by the attention, but honestly, I'd be lying, since it's fucking creepy is what it is. Maybe stop trying to follow me around on these boards and stop being so bothered with what I post or what I like?

You have over 50,000 posts on here. You constantly post about the most boring things because you obviously don't have anything else to do. I don't think that was the best defense to play here.

You're all over these boards. I can't avoid you. You make these type of topics and then expect everyone to like you just because you're glorifying shitty PC games? Clearly that was the point with this topic: to show that you "enjoy" PC games in an effort to be liked by the majority, PC gamers, here. It's hard to best express my point with the biased PC gaming moderators breathing down my neck, but I'd just like to let you know that there are those of us who fucking hate PC games, and PC gamers even more. So you're going to have to deal with the backlash of playing to most of System Wars' bias.

Why? You're already mad! I don't have anything else to prove. And I actually have Civilization III as well because of the Humble Bundle that was offered awhile back. I bought a bunch of bundles and sent all the money to charity so I could give out extras to people who were looking to buy it anyway. That way, I ensured that the developer did not get money for making its crappy games, and I benefited charities. Do you want a code? Also, Steam does not work when I double click on the icon. Nothing pops up. It's been like that for awhile now, and I don't want to fix it because it's not worth my time.

#55 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1747 posts) -

@zaraxius said:

@charizard1605 said:

@zaraxius said:

just because you're glorifying shitty PC games?

These are aaa scoring games and loved by millions.......Not one person cares about your terrible opinion.

#56 Posted by Zaraxius (221 posts) -
@RoboCopISJesus said:

@zaraxius said:

@charizard1605 said:

@zaraxius said:

These are aaa scoring games and loved by millions.......Not one person cares about your terrible opinion.

Yeah, and so is Journey. I don't that qualifies it as a good game just because the gaming industry has their collective head up their ass.

#57 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1747 posts) -

@zaraxius said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

@zaraxius said:

@charizard1605 said:

@zaraxius said:

Yeah, and so is Journey. I don't that qualifies it as a good game just because the gaming industry has their collective head up their ass.

Your words don't change facts. Sorry bro.

#58 Edited by Zaraxius (221 posts) -

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@zaraxius said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

@zaraxius said:

@charizard1605 said:

@zaraxius said:

Millions love Justin Bieber, and critics hold his music in a high regard. What do you think of this?

#59 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1747 posts) -

@zaraxius said:

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@zaraxius said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

@zaraxius said:

@charizard1605 said:

@zaraxius said:

Millions love Justin Bieber, and critics hold his music in a high regard. What do you think of this?

Same can be said for any high profile game, are we to discredit dark souls2, the last of us, or Starcraft2 as well?