What is the Best Call of duty?

• 56 results
Edited 2 months, 20 days ago

Poll: What is the Best Call of duty? (49 votes)

Call of duty 1 (with united offensive) 20%
Call of Duty 2 20%
Call of Duty 3 0%
Call of duty 4 Modern warfare 43%
Call of duty world at war 4%
call of duty modern warfare 2 0%
call of duty black ops 8%
call of duty modern warfare 3 0%
call of duty black ops 2 2%
call of duty ghost 2%

This is the most popular franchise. it was not when original games released. it popularity raise with COD4.

but with yearly iteration. there are lot of COD games. but which one is best?

i think COD1 was and will always be best. it by no mean half life or a masterpiece of game but was good game. COD2 was decent game aswell. rest are bad.

anyways which one is best? vote

#1 Posted by lostrib (31438 posts) -

Probably 1, 2, or 4

#2 Edited by stationplay_4 (442 posts) -

cod 4

#3 Edited by sts106mat (18736 posts) -

I am going to start a thread

What is the best SNIPER4321 thread of all time?

It will have a poll with these classic sniper4321 threads to choose from :-

Why Metro Last Light is going to be best shooter ever

Why does JRPGS' Suck

What is the best RPG ever

What is the best shooter ever

What is the best RPG/Shooter ever

What is the most atmospheric gritty shooter ever

Why consoles suck

Why modern FPS suck

Why Regen health sucks

Why does modern games rely on cover system

What is the best game ever

What is your favourite FPS game

What is favourite FPS/RPG ever

What is most atmospheric FPS/RPG ever

What is most realistic FPS ever

Which PC FPS is best ever

Oh wait, i dont think GS allows enough room in the polls to fit all your classic threads in...sorry

On topic, the answer is Modern Warfare (COD 4) prior to that the games were very good, but we were sick of the WW2 genre. just like many of us are sick of the modern day military shooter now.

#4 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

Modern Warfare 2

#5 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

On topic, the answer is Modern Warfare (COD 4) prior to that the games were very good, but we were sick of the WW2 genre. just like many of us are sick of the modern day military shooter now.

but im not sick of modern day millitary games because i dont play them..

#6 Edited by princeofshapeir (13591 posts) -

Uno y dos

#7 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10012 posts) -

What is the best SNIPER4321 thread of all time?

oxymoron?

#8 Posted by sts106mat (18736 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

let me guess. it is because they have regen health and cover system?

#9 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@sts106mat said:

let me guess. it is because they have regen health and cover system?

correct.

#10 Posted by Liquid_ (2240 posts) -

cod 2 and cod 4 best cods hands down

#11 Edited by groowagon (2739 posts) -

cancelled CoD is the best CoD.

but honestly, i think CoD 2. the simple-cinematic-shooter concept got old quickly. the audio-visual presentation was amazing and unique for that time, but it has since become a standard in shooters. CoD doesn't stand out anymore in any way.

#12 Posted by blangenakker (2054 posts) -

Didn't you make a thread asking this some time ago?

#13 Posted by Cloud_imperium (1757 posts) -

COD 2 and COD 4 .

COD 5 : World at War was last good Call of Duty game . MWF2 was the crappiest game in the series and because of that game , I moved away from COD and never looked back . I chose COD 2 because it is classic , WW2 based and less linear than MWF (Maps were bigger) .

#14 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8514 posts) -

@ sts106mat

LOL ! Make Thread like that for me too ! ! !

#15 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

COD 2 and COD 4 .

COD 5 : World at War was last good Call of Duty game . MWF2 was the crappiest game in the series and because of that game , I moved away from COD and never looked back . I chose COD 2 because it is classic , WW2 based and less linear than MWF (Maps were bigger) .

modern warfare 2 no matter how bad it is was better than COD4. both were EXACT same game. but MW2 SP is slightly better.

out of new school COD. WAW is easily best. it remind me of COD1 and UO. however it is still mediocre game

#16 Posted by freedomfreak (38140 posts) -

COD1+expansion, COD2, and MW2 are my favorites.

#17 Posted by m64 (219 posts) -

2 >>> 3 > 4

#18 Edited by Peanutbutterz (174 posts) -

I'd say that Call of Duty 4 was the most revolutionary game, but MW2 was the better, more polished game.

#19 Edited by Cloud_imperium (1757 posts) -

@Cloud_imperium said:

COD 2 and COD 4 .

modern warfare 2 no matter how bad it is was better than COD4. both were EXACT same game. but MW2 SP is slightly better.

out of new school COD. WAW is easily best. it remind me of COD1 and UO. however it is still mediocre game

That's why I hated it , after 2 years of wait what we got was exact same game , actually in my opinion it was even worse than being same . Crappy missions everywhere .

#20 Posted by gameofthering (9942 posts) -

Call of Duty 2 for me.

#21 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

I'd say that Call of Duty 4 was the most revolutionary game, but MW2 was the better, more polished game.

what was so revolutionary about COD4? same year Crysis 1, Stalker and TF2 also released....

#22 Edited by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

Call of Duty 4, kept it fresh. I still have good dreams about that game when I sleep.

#23 Edited by PonchoTaco (1900 posts) -

Call of Duty 4 is my most played FPS. I still hop on from time to time.

I couldn't get into any of the newer ones after it though.

#24 Edited by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:
@Peanutbutterz said:

what was so revolutionary about COD4? same year Crysis 1, Stalker and TF2 also released....

Can I ask you a question Sniper? Since you always ask somebody that question (god you fucking piss me off so much) it seems people can't love another game unless it's Stalker, Crysis or TF2. What makes those 3 games revolutionary, please tell me in depth and detail?

I've played them all by the way and own them, I have about 500 hours on Team Fortress 2 alone, they're great games but nothing revolutionary.

Edit: I actually have 974 hours on Team Fortress 2.

#25 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:
@Peanutbutterz said:

Can I ask you a question Sniper? Since you always ask somebody that question (god you fucking piss me off so much) it seems people can't love another game unless it's Stalker, Crysis or TF2. What makes those 3 games revolutionary, please tell me in depth and detail?

I've played them all by the way and own them, I have about 500 hours on Team Fortress 2 alone, they're great games but nothing revolutionary.

TF2 is best MP game of all time. and i dont even play MP

Crysis 1 and Stalker were revolutionary games specially Stalker. no other game before Stalker released? its unique and only one type of.

#26 Edited by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@SNIPER4321 said:
@Peanutbutterz said:

Crysis 1 and Stalker were revolutionary games specially Stalker. no other game before Stalker released? its unique and only one type of.

Fair point on Team Fortress 2, but than again that is only your opinion. Also you're not answering my question, you're only saying Crysis 1 and Stalker are "revolutionary" without going into detail on why. Only thing you're doing now is repeating yourself.

What makes Crysis 1 revolutionary? For having pretty graphics? Stalker was great but what exactly was unique about it?

#27 Edited by jake44 (1898 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

@SNIPER4321 said:
@Peanutbutterz said:

You didn't answer the question.

#28 Edited by Jebus213 (8697 posts) -

I remember back in 2008 there was this article saying that most people who played CoD4 never played a single CoD game before it.

These polls never surprise me.

#29 Edited by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

@jake44 said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@SNIPER4321 said:
@Peanutbutterz said:

You didn't answer the question.

Still waiting for an answer from @SNIPER4321 cat must of caught his tongue.

#30 Edited by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

@SNIPER4321 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@SNIPER4321 said:
@Peanutbutterz said:

Fair point on Team Fortress 2, but than again that is only your opinion. Also you're not answering my question, you're only saying Crysis 1 and Stalker are "revolutionary" without going into detail on why. Only thing you're doing now is repeating yourself.

What makes Crysis 1 revolutionary? For having pretty graphics? Stalker was great but what exactly was unique about it?

Name one FPS play like Crysis 1.

watch this video

Compare Stalker and Crysis to COD4. COD4 is heavly scripted games. while former 2 are not.

What was uniqie about Stalker? its one type of game. there is nothing like Stalker too before. i mean fully open ended, with big inventory, RPG elements, Unique setting and atmsphere (zone),

#31 Posted by yokofox33 (28892 posts) -

Call of Duty 2. That Kar98k was delicious.

#32 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -

@Jebus213 said:

I remember back in 2008 there was this article saying that most people who played CoD4 never played a single CoD game before it.

or better yet. majority of those start FPS with either Halo CE or COD4.

#33 Edited by Bishop1310 (885 posts) -

Modern Warfare 4 will probably get the win here simply because it was on consoles and wasn't a launch title. It launched when the console market was really booming last gen. It wasn't the best by far though. The first call of duty on PC with united offensive blow absolutely every call of duty game away to this point.

Modern Warfare 4 is in 2nd place in my books though.

#34 Posted by sts106mat (18736 posts) -
@Jebus213 said:

I'd played every COD on PS2, but I'd i also played the likes of Doom, Quake, Duke nukem, Wolfenstein, Heretic etc years before.

The reason i voted COD4 is because i believe it was the best one. It did away with the very stale WW2 era shooter that was done to death at the time, let you play as her majesty's SAS which was a major plus for me. Also there were two awesome missions in there...all ghillied up and one shot one kill.

It was the right game at the right time.

#35 Edited by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

@BattleSpectre said:

@SNIPER4321 said:

@BattleSpectre said:

@SNIPER4321 said:
@Peanutbutterz said:

Name one FPS play like Crysis 1.

watch this video

Compare Stalker and Crysis to COD4. COD4 is heavly scripted games. while former 2 are not.

What was uniqie about Stalker? its one type of game. there is nothing like Stalker too before. i mean fully open ended, with big inventory, RPG elements, Unique setting and atmsphere (zone),

First of all I should apologise for lashing out at you with my first post, that was very rude of me. Secondly I appreciate your honest response and opinion.

I didn't quite mean tell me why Stalker or Crysis is better than Cod 4 (I know they're better in my opinion) I meant why do you think those two games are revolutionary in general? I guess I got my answer. *thumbs up*

#36 Edited by Flubbbs (2788 posts) -

i personally think Black Ops 1 was the best.. i had so much fun playing zombies with friends in that game. Makes me wish they would just develop a standalone version for just that mode.. COD4 would be next.

#37 Posted by TheTruthIsREAL (750 posts) -

COD 4

#38 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10142 posts) -
@Jebus213 said:

I'd played every COD on PS2, but I'd i also played the likes of Doom, Quake, Duke nukem, Wolfenstein, Heretic etc years before.

The reason i voted COD4 is because i believe it was the best one. It did away with the very stale WW2 era shooter that was done to death at the time, let you play as her majesty's SAS which was a major plus for me. Also there were two awesome missions in there...all ghillied up and one shot one kill.

all guiled up and one shot one kill were probably only decent missions in COD4. but lets face it

all guiled up was very scripted stealth. only follow order and only NPC can open door.

one shot one kill was lame attempt at doing stalker.

#39 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6574 posts) -

2 is the best that I've played, but I haven't played the series in years now. For all I know, it could be BLOPS or something.

#40 Edited by sts106mat (18736 posts) -

@sts106mat said:
@Jebus213 said:

all guiled up and one shot one kill were probably only decent missions in COD4. but lets face it

all guiled up was very scripted stealth. only follow order and only NPC can open door.

one shot one kill was lame attempt at doing stalker.

all guiled up (are you getting mixed up with streetfighter?)

seriously, i think that most of the missions in COD 4 were good, any level where you were the SAS i ran through several times. Yes it was scripted stealth, it doesn't matter though, it worked really well, the tension on your first play through of those missions was great....Very few games capture me in that way nowadays.

Dont forget, it wasn't many years before this game came out that jumping in FPS games was crap and a universally hated game mechanic......instead we now have scripted QTE's and cinematic cut scenes to hate on.

I dont like where COD is now, but i dont get annoyed or frustrated by it....what is the point?

I am enjoying my hobby and looking forward to seeing what this gen's defining games will be....

#41 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

Every COD > HL1, HL2, Deus ex, Total war. Pretty much any half decent PC only game.

#42 Posted by heguain (311 posts) -

COD2 for me.

#43 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6131 posts) -

COD 4. Such a masterpiece.

#44 Posted by nini200 (9358 posts) -

World At War > Black Ops > Black Ops 2 = All Treyarch

#45 Posted by Jebus213 (8697 posts) -

I'd played every

Okay that's YOU. Shut up.

#46 Posted by Doom_HellKnight (12184 posts) -

The original and it's expansion.

#47 Edited by sts106mat (18736 posts) -