What is the best Assassin's Creed game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by charizard1605 (55964 posts) 7 months, 6 days ago

Poll: What is the best Assassin's Creed game? (52 votes)

Assassin's Creed 2%
Assassin's Creed II 46%
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood 8%
Assassin's Creed: Revelations 2%
Assassin's Creed III 6%
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag 37%

Now that Black Flag has been out for a while and we have all had a little time to reflect on it, what do people think is the best game in the series? I know a large faction thinks IV is the game that finally outdid II and became the best in the series, but after some months, how many of you still believe it?

What is the best game in the series, do you think?

#1 Posted by D4RKL1NG (234 posts) -

A tie for me between II and Black Flag. AcII just wowed me in terms of story and overall quality step up from the first game. On a 'fun' level IV is just tops. And the naval gameplay is crazy fun.

I wish Ubisoft would do some PvP naval combat..

#2 Posted by TwistedShade (3149 posts) -

I say AC4, but AC2 was good as well.

AC1 wasn't fantastic but it was pretty great especially for everything it offered back then, Brotherhood and Revelations were both crappy and felt like they were made just for the milkage and I just didn't like anything about AC3 be it the story, characters, setting, and all that.

#3 Posted by marcheegsr (2513 posts) -

Either AC 2 or Black flag.. Im not too far into black flag so I can't say its better at this point.

#4 Posted by finalstar2007 (24927 posts) -

You could have asked the same question in that other thread lol but anyways i'll have to go with AC2 and AC:Brotherhood

Revelations was pretty fun too.. ah f*ck it AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations.

What no mention of Liberation? -_-

#5 Posted by cainetao11 (16840 posts) -

My vote doesn't hold weight, I only played the first two, and Liberation for vita. Which I liked actually. I have 3 on my HDD, and if I had the space I'd download brotherhood, revelations as I own them as well. Should I play brotherhood, revs, before 3 or can I skip now that I'm so far behind?

#6 Edited by charizard1605 (55964 posts) -

You could have asked the same question in that other thread lol but anyways i'll have to go with AC2 and AC:Brotherhood

Revelations was pretty fun too.. ah f*ck it AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations.

What no mention of Liberation? -_-

Liberation is not a mainline game. It's a spin off, just like Bloodline, Discovery, and Altair Chronicles. it just happens to be more high profile than them because it was a title on the Vita which had no other major releases at the time.

#7 Posted by charizard1605 (55964 posts) -

My vote doesn't hold weight, I only played the first two, and Liberation for vita. Which I liked actually. I have 3 on my HDD, and if I had the space I'd download brotherhood, revelations as I own them as well. Should I play brotherhood, revs, before 3 or can I skip now that I'm so far behind?

Play Brotherhood, Youtube Revelations' story parts, skip III, play IV.

#8 Posted by cainetao11 (16840 posts) -

Really? I love the setting of 3 so much. As anyone with eyes can tell, I love my country, served, and really wanted to play that colonial setting. But arkham origins just wont let me go.

#9 Posted by DocSanchez (1559 posts) -

For me it's 4. AC2 Was the big revolution which put it on the map, but by the time 4 came along the series was suffering fatigue. For it to shake that off and feel as fresh as it did took something special.

#10 Posted by charizard1605 (55964 posts) -

Really? I love the setting of 3 so much. As anyone with eyes can tell, I love my country, served, and really wanted to play that colonial setting. But arkham origins just wont let me go.

I did not know you served! That's so awesome, man!

III is just... a mess of a game. It's bloated, unstreamlined, badly paced, buggy, glitchy, and too ambitious for its own good. I would play it, but only after I was done with Brotherhood and IV, both much better games.

#11 Edited by cainetao11 (16840 posts) -

@charizard1605: yeah that pic in sig is actually me with my M16A3. Will go to GameStop as soon as GI bill kicks in and buy IV. Guess ill make it one of my first current gen buys. If ps4 is available I gotta get that also, though. Man, that first check is gonna get spent!!!

#12 Posted by charizard1605 (55964 posts) -

@charizard1605: yeah that pic in sig is actually me with my M16A3. Will go to GameStop as soon as GI bill kicks in and buy IV. Guess ill make it one of my first current gen buys. If ps4 is available I cotta get that also, though. Man, that first check is gonna get spent!!!

That is really cool. I'm terrible with guns myself, so I got mad respect for those who can handle them lol

PS4 is still completely sold out, it's ridiculous. Do you already have an Xbox One/Wii U? I know you have a 3DS and Vita.

#13 Edited by Sushiglutton (5225 posts) -

Think it's AC4. It has the best mechanics and best content, even though some of it is not that great (combat is mediocre for example). Story/characters are robust, even though they suffer some of the typical game problems (aka characters do not get fleshed out enough and the transition between some events in the story mákes little sense). I do think it's missing some of the magic AC2 had, but it's still best overall imo.

Hope they roll up their sleeves and build a kick-ass combat system for AC5 and work on the stealth AI :).

#14 Posted by GarGx1 (2480 posts) -

First time I've seen a 'what's your favourite AC game' where AC II almost has some competition.

#15 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

I can't think of any good ones actually.

#16 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11599 posts) -

AC3, the triumph and highlight of last generation.

#17 Posted by charizard1605 (55964 posts) -

AC3, the triumph and highlight of last generation.

But did you buy it?

#18 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

AC II is still the best. It may not have the sleek free running animations or visuals that the newer games have but at the time it impressed the hell out of me and felt so incredibly different than the first game, in a very good way. AC IV is still very good and does a lot of things better but after a while it still felt like "been there done that" outside of the ship segments.

Overall AC IV is probably a better game to play as your first AC game right now but it didn't have the big impact AC II had on me back then so I guess Nostalgia wins :P

#19 Posted by vincent380 (2243 posts) -

Black Flag easily in terms of freedom and stuff to do. I spent most of my time exploring, taking over ships so i can upgrade the jackdaw. I actually enjoyed the freedom and side things to do more than the actual game sometimes. Hopefully Ubisoft will expand on the freedom even more in future games because it was very fun.

Ezio will always have a place in my heart though he's my favorite Assassin.

#20 Posted by Couth_ (10008 posts) -

4>2>>>>????

#21 Posted by Demonjoe93 (9523 posts) -

Haven't played the last two, but II was my favorite.

#22 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6963 posts) -

It's 2, easily.

2>Brotherhood>3>Revelations>4>1

#23 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11110 posts) -

Part two, in my opinion, is the best entry. The setting, the characters.. everything was awesome. Da Vinci in the game? Ezio was a great protagonist and the final "boss battle" was pretty awesome. ACIV was really good too but the fatigue is starting to set in pretty heavily so at some points I found myself just pushing through the story rather than enjoying it.

#24 Posted by Bigboi500 (29291 posts) -

IV easily.

#25 Posted by charizard1605 (55964 posts) -

@GarGx1 said:

First time I've seen a 'what's your favourite AC game' where AC II almost has some competition.

Yes, it's something else seeing it, actually.

#26 Posted by jsmoke03 (12734 posts) -
  1. ac2
  2. ac1
  3. ac4
  4. ac brotherhood
  5. ac revelations
  6. ac3 though if i had my choice i would only have a top 3
#27 Edited by blamix99 (1670 posts) -

AC4>ACB>AC2

#28 Posted by Giancar (19048 posts) -

Well seems I need to get AC 4 for teh quad. >_>

#29 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

The first game is the only one I bothered finishing so that.

#30 Posted by Vatusus (4416 posts) -

The only ones I havent played yet were Revelations and Black Flag so out of the others AC 3 was my fav. I'll never understand why it is so hated on... great graphics, greatly improved combat over the previous ones and more fluid parkour mechanics. The Desmond levels were also fun to go through. The story was very mediocre but all in all I enjoyed immensely AC3

#31 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24865 posts) -

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag.

It's amazing how well they made this game despite it being a Yearly Release.

#32 Posted by Pffrbt (6528 posts) -

They're all garbage.

#33 Posted by mems_1224 (46492 posts) -

Brotherhood>2>4>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everything else.

#34 Posted by mbrockway (3399 posts) -

@jsmoke03 said:
  1. ac2
  2. ac1
  3. ac4
  4. ac brotherhood
  5. ac revelations
  6. ac3 though if i had my choice i would only have a top 3

2, 4, B, 1, R, 3. I really hated 3. Connor was a really weak protagonist, and I kept wondering what the heck I was doing the whole time while playing it. Guy was an even bigger emotionless puppet than Altair. I wish he had died and brought Haytham back to the light side so we could play as a real assassin. Too bad Animus rules preclude playing as someone after their heir is born. Connor just ruins everything.

#35 Posted by Opus_Rea-333 (949 posts) -

A thread like this was already done not a long time ago.

I guess AC2 won that poll.

#36 Edited by chocolate1325 (32455 posts) -

AC2 followed by Black Flag followed by Brotherhood. The others are dissapointments and the less said about 3 the better.