What is Microsoft doing with all the PS3's?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by ProtossX (476 posts) -

are they reselling em for more on ebay or whats going on 100 dollars seems kinda meh is MS offering a fair price for them?

#2 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4432 posts) -

putting them in a very uncomfortable place, like the back of a volkswagon.

#3 Posted by ProtossX (476 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur: are they destroying them or recycling them into xbox ones

what are they doing to the ps3's?

i don't get it where does the thing go?

#4 Posted by Ghost120x (3739 posts) -

They are sending them back to Sony with feces in the disk slots.

#5 Edited by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

Throwing a bbq party.

#6 Posted by StrongDeadlift (5147 posts) -

Considering Gamestop offered me I think 70 something dollars for my PS3 slim (1st gen), I'd say the price isnt outside the realm of reasonable.

#7 Posted by stuff238 (617 posts) -

They are studying how to make a more powerful console because the 360 and xbone are graphically inferior to the ps3 and ps4 in their respective gens.

#8 Posted by V3rciS (2213 posts) -

They are desperate cause their shit called X1 ain't selling.... ahahahha

#9 Posted by Heil68 (43484 posts) -

Trying to figure out how to make a unprecedented amount of GOTY's, a perfect 10/10 game and 2 top 5 GOATs

#10 Posted by lostrib (34611 posts) -

Building Teh Cloud

#11 Posted by thegamer00 (131 posts) -

Burn them?

#12 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

My guess is NS plans on buying Sony once they go bankrupt and will rename it the Microsoft Playstation 3.

#13 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Staring at them and pondering, "Where did we go wrong?"

#14 Posted by lostrib (34611 posts) -

My guess is NS plans on buying Sony once they go bankrupt and will rename it the Microsoft Playstation 3.

Wouldn't it make more sense if MS did that?

#15 Posted by Jankarcop (8976 posts) -

trying to find out how sony is putting so much power into ps3 which has better gfx than xboxone

#16 Posted by MrXboxOne (742 posts) -

Oh jank. Are you still upset Sony is going belly up? Still upset Ryse is the critically acclaimed graphics king of next gen? Don't worry. When MS buys Sony I'm sure they will still allow Naughty Dog to still make boring games no one buys.

#17 Posted by kipsta77 (944 posts) -

Play the last of us! Jks :P

#18 Posted by lamprey263 (23194 posts) -

trading them into GameStop for X1s which they'll then sell back to GameSpot to keep their shipping numbers up

#19 Posted by cainetao11 (16900 posts) -

Bet my tuition they are donating them somewhere and using the write off on taxes.

#20 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

They're gonna stick them on stakes and display them in the center of town.

#21 Posted by TheEroica (13315 posts) -

Stealing Blu-ray drives out of them.... Then selling the husk.

#22 Posted by Shewgenja (8468 posts) -

Sacrificing them to Satan with a giant bonfire.

#23 Posted by _Matt_ (8868 posts) -

Stealing Blu-ray drives out of them.... Then selling the husk.

Darn it, you beat me to it, I was going to say that :P

Though that said, PS3 BD Drives are awful, 2x is just too slow for anything other than movies.

#24 Posted by betamaxx83 (351 posts) -

Probably trying to reverse engineer it so they can figure out how to build a console without a power brick.

Trying to sell a half assed console. If I had one in my possession I'd throw it out the window.

#25 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2734 posts) -

My guess would be reselling them and making money.

#26 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16299 posts) -

Playing games on them, as there is barely anything to play on Xbone

They are sending them back to Sony with feces in the disk slots.

LOL

#27 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150355 posts) -

Playing them....they wanted first party exclusives for a change....>__>

#28 Posted by sts106mat (19042 posts) -

Playing them....they wanted first party exclusives for a change....>__>

f*** me...

if that is the quality of joke that 147504 posts on Gamespot leaves me with....i'd be joining the circus...

#29 Posted by Krelian-co (10406 posts) -

Giving them to their employees so they can study how to make good games and good consoles.

#30 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150355 posts) -
#31 Posted by lhughey (4223 posts) -

They setting them up in an a large array and harnessing the powah of teh cell to hack Sony's servers.

#32 Posted by sts106mat (19042 posts) -
#33 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150355 posts) -

@sts106mat: Wow what a stupid picture. That's an iron....not an irony. Look...it's lame that you are whining. It's lame that you have no sense of humor. It's lame that you are so brand blind that anything sets you off.

#34 Posted by sts106mat (19042 posts) -

@sts106mat: Wow what a stupid picture. That's an iron....not an irony. Look...it's lame that you are whining. It's lame that you have no sense of humor. It's lame that you are so brand blind that anything sets you off.

lol - no shit sherlock....i didn't make the picture lighting brain its a joke.

Also just a heads up. you have almost 150000 posts on an internet forum dude, you cannot point the finger at anyone and say lame...

#35 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150355 posts) -

@sts106mat: I said it was stupid......and it was used by YOU....I don't care that you didn't make it....you used it as though it was good. Sorry but most people don't see stupidity as funny. Second....WTF are you posting here if you consider it a negative? At least I don't take the forums seriously like your butt hurt self does. LOL

#36 Posted by bforrester420 (1368 posts) -

putting them in a very uncomfortable place, like the back of a volkswagon.

Wow, a Mallrats reference...

#37 Posted by silversix_ (14083 posts) -

Making their CLOUD server with them.

#38 Posted by bezza2011 (2384 posts) -

Lol well will it really drag someone from a ps3 to the xbox one, i mean if you go trade in your ps3 and get a ps4 it works out cheaper than the xbox one offer anyway so it does beg the question why do they want the ps3s

#39 Edited by blackace (20289 posts) -

@ProtossX said:

are they reselling em for more on ebay or whats going on 100 dollars seems kinda meh is MS offering a fair price for them?

Burying them next to all those Atari 2600 E.T. games in the landfill. lol!!

The best response I saw was, "Connection them all together to make XBoneNow. for XBox 360 B/C.

It's not just the PS3 you can trade in. You can also trade in XBox 360 S & E models. Why anyone would trade any of these viable systems in with no B/C actually in place yet, is beyond me. I'll be keeping my XBox 360 and PS3 for a long, long time.

#40 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

Ever opened an Xbox 1? There's a PS 3 inside.

#41 Posted by blackace (20289 posts) -

Ever opened an Xbox 1? There's a PS 3 inside.

This is what happens to you if you open an XB1.

indiana jones (129) Animated Gif on Giphy

#42 Edited by no-scope-AK47 (2734 posts) -

If your going to trade in your ps3 I would get a ps4. You go to gamestop and you can get over 100 store credit and you put that towards a ps4. We all know Sony has the best 1st party games and exclusives. We all know that psn plus is the best online service for 10 bucks less. We all know the ps4 has the best console version of multiplats. We all know you can swap out the hard drive for a 2tb laptop drive on the cheap or an ssd.

We all know that ps now is the future. There is even a emulator for the ps1/2 coming. So you can upgrade for 300 or less with the credit. Only thing is ps4's are hard to come by and there are many great ps3 games coming in 2014. I for one am playing GT6 now a great racing game.

#43 Posted by da_illest101 (7418 posts) -

Assuming people are actually giving them their ps3. I'm not giving mine, I still own my nintendo from 21 years ago

#44 Posted by flashn00b (2906 posts) -

Reverse engineering, perhaps?

#45 Posted by leandrro (807 posts) -

destroyng them

its better to waste 100 dollars and get a new consumer to act as a lemming buying your overpriced games than let him have the option to buy overpriced games elsewere