what is better hitman absolution or blood money?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Trinitarian
Member since 2007 • 1407 Posts

I've passed over the hitman series for a while now but i'm going to head back into it. After reading both reviews there is an obvious debate between these two games.

Many are saying Absolution is linear compared to blood money, yet others will protest and say thats only in a few areas. 

Absolution has custom contracts, which i find appealing for replay value.

Bloodmoney is what around 7 years old? Isn't that a major draw back compared to Blood Money?

I don't know, so i guess i'll ask you guys: If you hadn't played either Hitman games up until this point, which one would you start with? I look forward to the response since in about 3 hours i'll be going to Gamestop to get one of these games based on the conversations here, thank you.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
I had more fun with Absolution when I played through all the Hitman games. As long as you dont pay attention to the score you can have a blast with Absolution. Plus, the game just looks incredible on PC.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts
I enjoyed both but I like Blood Money better
Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

Def. Absolution.

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts
Blood Money was a far better Hitman game.
Randoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Randoggy
Member since 2003 • 3497 Posts
Play both.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

blood money by default

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Trinitarian

I enjoyed both but I like Blood Money betterBPoole96
did you like it better for its time? Would that still be true if you played them both on this day?

Also, anyone know if you need an online pass if i get it used for the online contracts?

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

Haven't played Absolution yet, it's sitting on my Steam untouched for the moment, but when all's said and done, I expect I'll be going with Blood Money as the better of the two, unless Absolution really suprises me...

That said, I do expect a great game, just not Blood Money great.

Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

Preferred Blood Money. Absolution was very good though.

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Trinitarian

Haven't played Absolution yet, it's sitting on my Steam untouched for the moment, but when all's said and done, I expect I'll be going with Blood Money as the better of the two, unless Absolution really suprises me...

Rocker6
what makes blood money so great by todays standards?
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#12 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
Make a Poll TC. IMO, both are hot.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lawlessx

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Trinitarian

It was released before developers decided to casualize everything.....

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#14 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

People are gonna say Blood Money out of nostalgia, but I think we all know what the correct answer is.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rocker6

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

Trinitarian

There aren't many games on the market where you're given so much freedom how to pursue your objectives, and pulling out a "Silent Assassin" playthrough is one of the most satisfying gaming experiences as far as I'm concerned, even today...

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lawlessx

People are gonna say Blood Money out of nostalgia, but I think we all know what the correct answer is.

Master_ShakeXXX

yeah...blood money

Nanomage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nanomage
Member since 2011 • 2371 Posts

Master_ShakeXXX
Yeah we know,it´s Blood Money.
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rocker6

Master_ShakeXXX

Replayed the game recently, and since it still holds up well and plays very smoothly, my reasoning has very little to do with nostalgia.

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Nanomage

This is what I'm talking about. You and lawless are being blinded by nostalgia. Listen to my words brothers for it is only me who can guide you to the truth.

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#20 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

After I saw gameplay and extensively read about Absolution I was already losing interest in ever getting it aside from a $5 steam sale or something,and after I played around a couple of hours or so of the 360 version,I lost interest in it completely.

I´m not even a big fan of Blood Money but man, it absolutely trounces the hell out of Absolution.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]I enjoyed both but I like Blood Money betterTrinitarian

did you like it better for its time? Would that still be true if you played them both on this day?

Also, anyone know if you need an online pass if i get it used for the online contracts?

I haven't played Blood Money in many year but I have very find memories of finding all sorts of creative ways to complete the mission. Some of the levels had crazy amounts of replay value whereas in Absolution several of the missions are linear structured which makes replaying them more repetitive since there is usually 1 best way to go about doing things. I also liked being able to choose your own loadout in Blood Money and upgrading the guns/equipment with the money you earn with each mission. Absolution definitely has better shooting and looks amazing (PC), but I try to avoid shooting in Hitman games so it wasn't all that important to me. I do really like te Contracts mode though and that does add a lot of unique replayability.
DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="Nanomage"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Master_ShakeXXX

This is what I'm talking about. You and lawless are being blinded by nostalgia. Listen to my words brothers for it is only me who can guide you to the truth.

This coming from a fool who's never played Blood Money.
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="Nanomage"] Yeah we know,it´s Blood Money.DarkLink77

I don't need to play Blood Money to know it's inferior. Just look at the poll. People obviously prefer Ab Solution.

edit

son of a bltch somebody else voted. nevermind

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Master_ShakeXXX

I don't need to play Blood Money to know it's inferior. Just look at the poll. People obviously prefer Ab Solution.

God, you're such a clown.
MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts
Blood Money by a country mile.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mems_1224
[QUOTE="Trinitarian"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"]I enjoyed both but I like Blood Money betterBPoole96

I haven't played Blood Money in many year but I have very find memories of finding all sorts of creative ways to complete the mission. Some of the levels had crazy amounts of replay value whereas in Absolution several of the missions are linear structured which makes replaying them more repetitive since there is usually 1 best way to go about doing things. I also liked being able to choose your own loadout in Blood Money and upgrading the guns/equipment with the money you earn with each mission. Absolution definitely has better shooting and looks amazing (PC), but I try to avoid shooting in Hitman games so it wasn't all that important to me. I do really like te Contracts mode though and that does add a lot of unique replayability.

Blood Money was so incredibly easy though. Absolution was a more challenging game. I replayed all the Hitman games before launch and was surprised by how easy they were. The only thing Absolution lacked was some of the crazy big environments that the older hitman games had. Like going into a bunch of different buildings and finding a sniping perch or other ways to take out the targets.
mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mems_1224

Master_ShakeXXX

edit

I voted Blood Money just to spite you
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lawlessx

Master_ShakeXXX

edit

i feel so sorry for you..i really do

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="Trinitarian"]did you like it better for its time? Would that still be true if you played them both on this day?

mems_1224

Blood Money was so incredibly easy though. Absolution was a more challenging game. I replayed all the Hitman games before launch and was surprised by how easy they were. The only thing Absolution lacked was some of the crazy big environments that the older hitman games had. Like going into a bunch of different buildings and finding a sniping perch or other ways to take out the targets.

Absolution is crazy difficult if you actually give a sh*t about performance. It's like the only stealth game I played this gen that kicked my ass.

RyuRanVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 RyuRanVII
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts

Hitman: Blood Money > Hitman: Silent Assassin > Hitman: Contracts > Hitman: Codename 74 > Hitman: Absolution

Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Master_ShakeXXX

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] This coming from a fool who's never played Blood Money.mems_1224

edit

I voted Blood Money just to spite you

Ass. Now nobody is going to vote for Absolution. Ohwell we all know it's the true winner.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BPoole96
[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="Trinitarian"]did you like it better for its time? Would that still be true if you played them both on this day?

mems_1224

Disguises were much more effective in Blood Money which did make it easier moving around in buildings to be easier. It's been awhile since I've played it so if I went back now I might find it easier after having played several more stealth type games since then. Absolution has some silly design choices that interfered with my enjoyment such as saving at a checkpoint makes every enemy in the level respawn. The disguise system was also flawed since if you didn't have instinct guards would immediately see right through it and cause make me have to reload a check point since I wanted no alerts or kills besides the target.
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Both are good games, but Blood Money is the far greater Hitman game. Absolution has a lot of problems with some of its mechanics and it feels a little jumbled up at times.It's also terribly easy in parts ad upping the difficulty results in it being a cheap experience rather than genuinely hard.

Blood Money is just all round goodness and has better level design

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mems_1224
[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="BPoole96"] I haven't played Blood Money in many year but I have very find memories of finding all sorts of creative ways to complete the mission. Some of the levels had crazy amounts of replay value whereas in Absolution several of the missions are linear structured which makes replaying them more repetitive since there is usually 1 best way to go about doing things. I also liked being able to choose your own loadout in Blood Money and upgrading the guns/equipment with the money you earn with each mission. Absolution definitely has better shooting and looks amazing (PC), but I try to avoid shooting in Hitman games so it wasn't all that important to me. I do really like te Contracts mode though and that does add a lot of unique replayability.

Disguises were much more effective in Blood Money which did make it easier moving around in buildings to be easier. It's been awhile since I've played it so if I went back now I might find it easier after having played several more stealth type games since then. Absolution has some silly design choices that interfered with my enjoyment such as saving at a checkpoint makes every enemy in the level respawn. The disguise system was also flawed since if you didn't have instinct guards would immediately see right through it and cause make me have to reload a check point since I wanted no alerts or kills besides the target.

Yea, they were a little too harsh with the disguises in Absolution. I dont get how they can see through my disguise if Im wearing a full SWAT uniform that covers every inch of my body. :x
Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Rocker6

[QUOTE="mems_1224"][QUOTE="BPoole96"] I haven't played Blood Money in many year but I have very find memories of finding all sorts of creative ways to complete the mission. Some of the levels had crazy amounts of replay value whereas in Absolution several of the missions are linear structured which makes replaying them more repetitive since there is usually 1 best way to go about doing things. I also liked being able to choose your own loadout in Blood Money and upgrading the guns/equipment with the money you earn with each mission. Absolution definitely has better shooting and looks amazing (PC), but I try to avoid shooting in Hitman games so it wasn't all that important to me. I do really like te Contracts mode though and that does add a lot of unique replayability. BPoole96

Didn't they fix that in some patch recently after lots of negative community feedback?

Also, respawning enemies at checkpoints... wow, that sounds horrible, had no idea about it. Right now, I'm feeling much less enthusiastic about my soon to be Absolution playthrough....

Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#36 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23286 Posts

[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] Blood Money was so incredibly easy though. Absolution was a more challenging game. I replayed all the Hitman games before launch and was surprised by how easy they were. The only thing Absolution lacked was some of the crazy big environments that the older hitman games had. Like going into a bunch of different buildings and finding a sniping perch or other ways to take out the targets.Rocker6

Didn't they fix that in some patch recently after lots of negative community feedback?

Also, respawning enemies at checkpoints... wow, that sounds horrible, had no idea about it. Right now, I'm feeling much less enthusiastic about my soon to be Absolution playthrough....

If you want I have a look at this,it´s a really good read.

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
Absolution feels a bit more linear but has a better cinematic experience so to speak. In the end I think you'll have more fun with Blood Money back in the day than Absolution now.
Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Trinitarian
Absolution feels a bit more linear but has a better cinematic experience so to speak. In the end I think you'll have more fun with Blood Money back in the day than Absolution now. LustForSoul
welli couldn't decide so i just bought them both lol
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts
Definitely Blood Money. Each level was a large sandbox that let you go your own way in order to complete it. Whereas Absolution gives the illusion it has a lot of freedom when really a lot of the levels don't, and to add to that it punishes you for not playing it the way they want.
MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

[QUOTE="Rocker6"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"] Disguises were much more effective in Blood Money which did make it easier moving around in buildings to be easier. It's been awhile since I've played it so if I went back now I might find it easier after having played several more stealth type games since then. Absolution has some silly design choices that interfered with my enjoyment such as saving at a checkpoint makes every enemy in the level respawn. The disguise system was also flawed since if you didn't have instinct guards would immediately see right through it and cause make me have to reload a check point since I wanted no alerts or kills besides the target.Arach666

If you want I have a look at this,it´s a really good read.

Damn,that sure is eye opening.
DieselCat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#41 DieselCat18
Member since 2002 • 3006 Posts

Hitman 2 : Silent Assassin

Lotus-Edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Lotus-Edge
Member since 2008 • 50513 Posts
Play both.Randoggy
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BPoole96

[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="mems_1224"] Blood Money was so incredibly easy though. Absolution was a more challenging game. I replayed all the Hitman games before launch and was surprised by how easy they were. The only thing Absolution lacked was some of the crazy big environments that the older hitman games had. Like going into a bunch of different buildings and finding a sniping perch or other ways to take out the targets.Rocker6

I played it in early July and it was still like that. I'm not sure if there has been a patch since then. I have not played through the entire game yet (I have 9 hours played according to Steam) and I have enjoyed what I have play of it. The respawning enemies isn't that bad on mosto f the missions because there is linear progression anyway so once oyu pass a certain point there is little need to go back.

On some of the open ended missions I will have subdued a handful of guys and hid their bodies and then hit a checkpoint, then go back into that area (a lot of the targets move throughout the level) and would think that I had already taken care of the guys in that area, only to walk right into a room full of people and have to reload a checkpoint (which always deducts points from oyur score, and makes it impossible to get the Silent Assassin Rank). Like mems had saidi n the thread earlier, it's best to ignore the scoring system as it just leads to frustration.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts
Blood Money >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Hitman Abortion
Speedzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Speedzilla
Member since 2012 • 1732 Posts

Master_ShakeXXX

Blood money.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

[QUOTE="Nanomage"][QUOTE="Master_ShakeXXX"]

Master_ShakeXXX

Blood Money came out in 2006.
jake44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jake44
Member since 2003 • 2085 Posts
Blood Money is a better game.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Blood Money is the best Hitman game. It actually evolves the formula and presents fantastic sandboxes and a little narrative that's interesting in how it's told. Absolution is riddled with holes however it does have the smoothest mechanics of any Hitman game to date, and naturally all the production values and visuals. Shame about everything else, which isn't to say it's bad though - just far more restrictive and throttled, missing what made BM fantastic.
with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#49 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I'm not hugely fond of the series in general, but Absolution is awful both as a hitman game and a stealth game. Blood Money is a but clunky but its pretty good at what it does - hiding in plain sight etc. 

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#50 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Both r good games.