What if Wii U was powerful, had online and Wii controller?

• 105 results
#1 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2032 posts) -

What if Wii U was same powerful as Xbox One or PS4, had multiplayer online support and no gamepad but instead classic Wii controller(upgraded). Would Nintendo dominate then?

Problem is that Wii U is just too weak. This is why Wii U lack of games and multiplatform games. If you going to make games on PC, PS4 and Xbox One then its simple. Just some few downgrades but if you make this on Wii U then its like making on PS3 and then it needs huge downgrade.

Also i know many players are not interested in Wii U because they know that Wii U just don´t have any multiplayer online games at all. No ranks, no store, no DLC, no stats, nothing.

Third, biggest Nintendo mistake is GamePad. Gamepad costs 150 euros. Instead GamePad they should have make powerful Wii with classic Wii controller.

Wii controller > GamePad

So, if Wii U was same powerful as next gen consoles, had online support and Wii controller, then would be game changed?

#2 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26164 posts) -

Considering the last powerful Nintendo consoles still didn't fare that well in sales compared to it's competitors... no. Too many other factors go into what's wrong. For N64 and GameCube's sake, the cartridges and mini-discs, and even if Nintendo mellows on policies, several other publishers STILL REFUSE to work with them after what happened in the SNES era.

#3 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2032 posts) -

Considering the last powerful Nintendo consoles still didn't fare that well in sales compared to it's competitors... no.

Wii had games, Wii controller. Everyone knows Wii Sports, most people saw Wii sports and bought Wii console.Now people are looking at Wii U, no games, no controller. Where is party gaming now? Nintendo forgot what they did in 2006-2010?

Well Wii was weakest console but it was CHEAP. Wii U price is higher than PS3 and Xbox 360. Xbox 360 has over 1000 games, online support, Kinect. Wii U however lack of games and online.

Again, if you make weak console then make cheap price. Weak console with higher price = not good.

#4 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4179 posts) -

for me personally, that wouldn't really change wii u.

it would need a killer game i'm compelled to play, preferably about five or more. xb1/ps4 needs that too. obviously i shouldn't be able to play these games anywhere else.

#5 Edited by ConanTheStoner (4539 posts) -

I like the gamepad.

Would the Wii U dominate if it fit your description? No, not at all. Would it be selling much, much better than it is? Definitely.

After such a long damn generation, people aren't excited for similar spec hardware with a different controller.

Personally I'm not disappointed. I knew what I was getting into, another 1st party Nintendo box with decent enough hardware for Nintendos art style to shine. It could (and should) have been much better though.

Obviously Nintendo failed in thinking it would be a repeat of the Wii.

#6 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4539 posts) -

@nintendoboy16 said:

Considering the last powerful Nintendo consoles still didn't fare that well in sales compared to it's competitors... no.

Wii had games, Wii controller. Everyone knows Wii Sports, most people saw Wii sports and bought Wii console.Now people are looking at Wii U, no games, no controller. Where is party gaming now? Nintendo forgot what they did in 2006-2010?

Well Wii was weakest console but it was CHEAP. Wii U price is higher than PS3 and Xbox 360. Xbox 360 has over 1000 games, online support, Kinect. Wii U however lack of games and online.

Again, if you make weak console then make cheap price. Weak console with higher price = not good.

I'm pretty sure he was referencing the Gamecube...

That said, we're in a different era and I still think a more powerful console would make a world of difference now. Back then, 3rd parties just looked towards the most successful platform and focused their attention there. These days every 3rd party studio wants to be multiplat. If Nintendo had the hardware they would have the support right now. They wouldn't even need to be on PS4s level, just within decent enough range to make ports reasonably.

#7 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2032 posts) -

I like the gamepad.

Would the Wii U dominate if it fit your description? No, not at all. Would it be selling much, much better than it is? Definitely.

After such a long damn generation, people aren't excited for similar spec hardware with a different controller.

Personally I'm not disappointed. I knew what I was getting into, another 1st party Nintendo box with decent enough hardware for Nintendos art style to shine. It could (and should) have been much better though.

Wii controller, Wii Sports and Wii Resort promo = Sell

Wii controller, ZombiU promo = Not sell

I still think gamepad is biggest mistake Nintendo did. How the hell people play party game or family games now? They can´t.

#8 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4179 posts) -

have you played nintendoland?

#9 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16257 posts) -

I would never buy something with that stupid waggle controller.

The Wii U gamepad and Wii U pro controller >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wiimote

#10 Posted by happyduds77 (1445 posts) -

The one with great 3rd party support would dominate.

#11 Edited by ConanTheStoner (4539 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

I like the gamepad.

I still think gamepad is biggest mistake Nintendo did. How the hell people play party game or family games now? They can´t.

Haha.. come on man.

If your'e going to make a thread like this you should at least study up on the system. All my Wii controllers still work on my Wii U. The gamepad doesn't eliminate party play. As a matter of fact, it only adds to it.

I'll partially agree with the gamepad being a mistake though. It was a mistake because Nintendo put all their eggs in that basket. They seemed to think a tablet controller would make consoles fly off the shelf. They should have just focused on making a better console first and foremost and the gamepad should have been something to enhance that experience and give Nintendos box something unique.

#12 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2032 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

I like the gamepad.

Haha.. come on man.

If your'e going to make a thread like this you should at least study up on the system. All my Wii controllers still work on my Wii U. The gamepad doesn't eliminate party play. As a matter of fact, it only adds to it.

I'll partially agree with the gamepad being a mistake though. It was a mistake because Nintendo put all their eggs in that basket. They seemed to think a tablet controller would make consoles fly off the shelf. They should have just focused on making a better console first and foremost and the gamepad should have been something to enhance that experience and give Nintendos box something unique.

People are buying brand new console. You don´t have Wii controller with Wii U. Most people don´t have. It´s same as PS4 Camera(like 10% people own only). Look at store, Nintendo Wii U promos only gamepad and no pictures of Wii controller. Also those games are based Gamepad, so Wii controller is bit worthless now.

I wish we had HD next gen Wii Sports. Think how much this game would sell. I understand that Nintendo wanted to try new thing but gamepad costs too much. Also you can have only 1 gamepad because if you want second gamepad too then you have to buy a whole console. I know, in most countries they don´t sell gamepad alone. Also it costs a lot this gamepad.

#13 Edited by ConanTheStoner (4539 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

People are buying brand new console. You don´t have Wii controller with Wii U. Most people don´t have. It´s same as PS4 Camera(like 10% people own only). Look at store, Nintendo Wii U promos only gamepad and no pictures of Wii controller. Also those games are based Gamepad, so Wii controller is bit worthless now.

Dude... it's just like any other console ever. If you want to play local multiplayer games you have to go out and buy controllers. Except in this case it's even better because you can use controllers you already own. You want to use 4 Wii U Pro controllers, cool. You want to use 4 Wii remotes, sure. You want to use any combination of those as well as the gamepad, fine.

Honestly, with all the poor qualities you could list about the Wii U, you're really missing the target here. This is the one thing that the WiiU does better than everyone else.

#15 Posted by Spartan070 (16328 posts) -

If it were like that it would just be a PS4/X1 Lite with a strong first party. :(

#16 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2032 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Dude... it's just like any other console ever. If you want to play local multiplayer games you have to go out and buy controllers. Except in this case it's even better because you can use controllers you already own. You want to use 4 Wii U Pro controllers, cool. You want to use 4 Wii remotes, sure. You want to use any combination of those as well as the gamepad, fine.

Honestly, with all the poor qualities you could list about the Wii U, you're really missing the target here. This is the one thing that the WiiU does better than everyone else.

But 95% people don´t know that Wii U supports Wii classic controller. Also there are no Wii classic controller games on Wii U(only very few like Club sports).

Where you buy second, third gamepad controller? You can´t buy gamepad, you have to buy a whole console to have second gamepad.

350 dollars x 4 = 1400 dollars. Do you think anyone spends 1400 dollars to have 4 gamepad controller? No

#17 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24655 posts) -

Just so you would know.

WiiU does have Online Support.

#18 Edited by ConanTheStoner (4539 posts) -

But 95% people don´t know that Wii U supports Wii classic controller. Also there are no Wii classic controller games on Wii U(only very few like Club sports).

Where you buy second, third gamepad controller? You can´t buy gamepad, you have to buy a whole console to have second gamepad.

350 dollars x 4 = 1400 dollars. Do you think anyone spends 1400 dollars to have 4 gamepad controller? No

Wow man.

1. Nice random statistic pulling, but if you own a Wii U and a game that supports the Wii remote, you will know.

2. You don't need another gamepad for local mp games.

3. The Wii U Pro controller.. why do you act like this doesn't exist?

4. Even if you did go out and buy four WiiUs you wouldn't be able to use 4 gamepads on one system lol

It's painfully obvious that you have no idea what you're talking about.

I'll say it again. The Wii U is an extremely easy target. So many short comings you could bring up. Why are you trying to bag on something it actually does right?

#19 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4179 posts) -

fyi wii classic controller pro is fine for wii u cod blops 2

#20 Edited by FreedomFreeLife (2032 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Just so you would know.

Nobody plays, no games. No ranks, no store, no DLC, no stats, nothing.

#21 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4539 posts) -

Well then. It seems you know as much about the Wii U as I know about the Xbox One.. which is to say I know it's a bit weaker than the PS4 and it has Titanfall. And that's it.

Lucky for you, Nintendo has people like you in mind.

https://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/what-is-wiiu/

#22 Edited by MirkoS77 (7037 posts) -

I don't think hardware is the problem really.

Nintendo needs a massive change of attitude. I want them to stand up and fight. I want them to stop being so goddamn arrogant to the point that they believe they're somehow removed from the game, and I want them to stop operating under the assumption that their place in this industry is a given.

Nintendo is insulting in their attitude towards everything and it needs to stop. They're elitist and condescending in their dismissiveness. They still act like they're untouchable even when they're getting stampeded and it's absolutely pathetic to watch.

They insist on making it a point of pride to not give a fuck about anything, even to a fault. If the saying, "cut off your nose to spite your face" was ever apt for Nintendo, it's now. It's like they'll refuse to do ANYTHING that makes sense or would please people just so they can say they were the odd one out. Like they're willing to harm their business to be able to be the ultimate contrarian. They remind me of my sister back in high school.

I can't support a company that holds this mentality. The Wii U is looking more like an attractive proposition daily software wise, but Nintendo's attitude kills it for me. It's wonderful to walk your own path but Nintendo has let their legacy seriously get to their head. Just like Sony last gen.

#23 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2032 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

Nintendo needs a massive change of attitude. I want them to stand up and fight. I want them to stop being so goddamn arrogant to the point that they believe they're somehow removed from the game, and I want them to stop operating under the assumption that their place in this industry is a given.

Nintendo is insulting in their attitude towards everything and it needs to stop. They're elitist and condescending in their dismissiveness. They still act like they're untouchable even when they're getting stampeded and it's absolutely pathetic to watch.

They insist on making it a point of pride to not give a fuck about anything, even to a fault. If the saying, "cut off your nose to spite your face" was ever apt for Nintendo, it's now. It's like they'll refuse to do ANYTHING that makes sense or would please people just so they can say they were the odd one out. Like they're willing to harm their business to be able to be the ultimate contrarian.

I can't support a company that holds this mentality. The Wii U is looking more like an attractive proposition daily software wise, but Nintendo's attitude kills it for me. It's wonderful to walk your own path but Nintendo has let their legacy seriously get to their head. Just like Sony last gen.

Nintendo: "We don't have Competition"

Iwata: "We don't care about what other companies are doing"

#24 Edited by ConanTheStoner (4539 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

They insist on making it a point of pride to not give a fuck about anything, even to a fault. If the saying, "cut off your nose to spite your face" was ever apt for Nintendo, it's now. It's like they'll refuse to do ANYTHING that makes sense or would please people just so they can say they were the odd one out. Like they're willing to harm their business to be able to be the ultimate contrarian.

The lacking hardware is largely a by-product of this mentality though and it is having a direct influence on Nintendo as a competitor. It certainly wouldn't be an all in one fix, but it would help a lot.

#25 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24655 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Just so you would know.

1.Nobody plays, 2.no games. 3.No ranks, 4.no store, 5.no DLC, 6.no stats,7. nothing.

1. Yes they do.
  2. I have 7 WiiU games that connect Online.
  3. Plenty of WiiU games have Online Rankings, even games that don't have Online Multiplayer like Pikmin 3 or ZombiU have Online Rankings.
  4. eShop?
  5. WiiU games do have DLC. Though It's true it doesn't get the majority of DLC, but it gets DLC.
  6. Stats? Like Achievement tracking or just another name for Ranks?
  7. There's something.

WiiU is not perfect and there is a lot Nintendo could do to make it a lot better and focusing more on the Online spectrum for Games like Donkey Kong and Super Mario is a thing that should be addressed as well as getting some better major 3rd Party Support and DLC for games like Call of Duty and Batman.

But to say there is flatout no online for the system is just stupid, especially since the System has Monster Hunter as one of it's Key Flag Ship Titles.

#26 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2032 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

Just so you would know.

1.Nobody plays, 2.no games. 3.No ranks, 4.no store, 5.no DLC, 6.no stats,7. nothing.

1. Yes they do.
  2. I have 7 WiiU games that connect Online.
  3. Plenty of WiiU games have Online Rankings, even games that don't have Online Multiplayer like Pikmin 3 or ZombiU have Online Rankings.
  4. eShop?
  5. WiiU games do have DLC. Though It's true it doesn't get the majority of DLC, but it gets DLC.
  6. Stats? Like Achievement tracking or just another name for Ranks?
  7. There's something.

WiiU is not perfect and there is a lot Nintendo could do to make it a lot better and focusing more on the Online spectrum for Games like Donkey Kong and Super Mario is a thing that should be addressed as well as getting some better major 3rd Party Support and DLC for games like Call of Duty and Batman.

But to say there is flatout no online for the system is just stupid, especially since the System has Monster Hunter as one of it's Key Flag Ship Titles.

Well there are no achivements.

Look at Call of duty. Million plays on PS4 and Xbox One, but 350 players only Wii U. Even Super Smash Brother Wii U won´t have ranking system(look at Nintendo Direct). They said they just put random people against Random people. Also Mario Kart 8 don´t have voice chat.

Also most multiplatform games don´t have DLC for Wii U. Biggest Nintendo games that needs online multiplayer just don´t have. Every party game should support online. The thing is that Nintendo don´t care about online gaming. Online gaming is important. No online gaming is like having no mobile phone or PC without internet. It feels so empty and alone. Lone. Nintendo really needs to change.

#27 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16557 posts) -

You obviously have never owned a Wii U.

#28 Posted by handssss (1809 posts) -

Well, the classic wii controller is still shit for core gaming and is already supported on Wii U anyways, so I'd say if you backtrack on that point, you'd be on to something.

#29 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24655 posts) -

Look at Call of duty. Million plays on PS4 and Xbox One, but 350 players only Wii U. Even Super Smash Brother Wii U won´t have ranking system(look at Nintendo Direct). They said they just put random people against Random people. Also Mario Kart 8 don´t have voice chat.

Also most multiplatform games don´t have DLC for Wii U. Biggest Nintendo games that needs online multiplayer just don´t have. Every party game should support online. The thing is that Nintendo don´t care about online gaming. Online gaming is important. No online gaming is like having no mobile phone or PC without internet. It feels so empty and alone. Lone. Nintendo really needs to change.

Well no duh there's no achievements, I never said there were I just wanted to know what you meant by Ranking because certain WiiU games do offer ranks like Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Wii Sports Club.

And Really how is Smash Bros. U pinning random people together any different from any online game? You can load up a round of Call of Duty, Halo, Gears of War, Street Fighter, etc with someone that is a complete newbie or an elite boss, I don't think Ranking determines who you are pinned up against unless the game specifies that you can.

Everything else you've said here is pretty much everything I've been saying. Most Multiplatform games don't have all the DLC or any for that matter, Games like Nintendo Land or Super Mario 3D World not having Online Multiplayer when they feel like they should...yeah I agree with that. Especially since this System is supposed to be the most socialized system Nintendo has made, why isn't there more focus on Online?

#30 Edited by Gue1 (9456 posts) -

the thing is that when you're the underdog being on par is not enough, you need to surprise in order to surpass. So the Wii U being as powerful and having an on par online infrastructure would mean nothing because we already have that with the PS4 and Xbone.

Nintendo will never have the core back as long as they keep relying on the same franchises that are as old as me anyway. If I were the head of Nintendo and I wanted to be as successful as the Xbone and PS4 with the Wii U I wouldn't even know what to do because there's nothing that can be done, except for going 3rd party on consoles like Sega did.

#31 Posted by lostrib (33506 posts) -

What if you actually made good threads?

#32 Posted by OhSnapitz (18038 posts) -

The problem is not the hardware.. it's Nintendo's philosophy.

1. The Wii-U's online is sub-par to non-exsistent. How the bloody hell can you release a console in 2012 with an anemic online multiplayer? Hell even cell phones have more compelling online gaming and features.
  2. Nintendo refused to "court" 3rd party companies. Once again Nintendo has decided that Mario 2080 was more important than trying to secure a GTA title.
  3. It was (and still is) priced too high with the hardware you are getting. 32 gigs of flash memory.. really Nintendo? really?
  4. They release one cool feature (the tablet controller) and you can only use one per console. Thus creating a disparity between the 1st and 2nd, 3rd, and 4th players.

This thing was a fvking train wreck.

#33 Posted by -CC- (1889 posts) -

What if Wii U was same powerful as Xbox One or PS4

Which one? Are we talking about a low res Xbone or would it be able to push my 2006 1080P TV? This is what matter to SW

#34 Posted by Postosuchus (141 posts) -

I think this is a big part of their poor 3rd party reputation. Nintendo initially released a "next gen" console in 2012, with a next-gen price, that ran last gen ports at best slightly better than the ps360, and often worse. Now that the wii u's innards are know well enough to noticeably beat out the old consoles, far more powerful consoles are available for not much more money. Nintendo placed too much importance on small form factor, IMO.

#35 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2032 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Well no duh there's no achievements, I never said there were I just wanted to know what you meant by Ranking because certain WiiU games do offer ranks like Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and Wii Sports Club.

And Really how is Smash Bros. U pinning random people together any different from any online game? You can load up a round of Call of Duty, Halo, Gears of War, Street Fighter, etc with someone that is a complete newbie or an elite boss, I don't think Ranking determines who you are pinned up against unless the game specifies that you can.

Everything else you've said here is pretty much everything I've been saying. Most Multiplatform games don't have all the DLC or any for that matter, Games like Nintendo Land or Super Mario 3D World not having Online Multiplayer when they feel like they should...yeah I agree with that. Especially since this System is supposed to be the most socialized system Nintendo has made, why isn't there more focus on Online?

I wish Nintendo Land, Pikmin 3 had online multiplayer. I hope Mario Party will have. I just don´t get it why Nintendo don´t care about online.

Iwata should step down.

@handssss said:

Well, the classic wii controller is still shit for core gaming and is already supported on Wii U anyways, so I'd say if you backtrack on that point, you'd be on to something.

What Wii controller helps when it has no games on Wii U?

Classic Wii controller gave good games like Super Mario Galaxy or Wii Resort.

#36 Edited by Twizded (97 posts) -

The WiiU needs to be more powerful first.

#37 Posted by OreoMilkshake (12718 posts) -

All those hours put into Call of Duty were just a dream.

Apparently.

#38 Posted by foxhound_fox (87405 posts) -

The Wii U is powerful enough to render games up to 1080p, has online capability and can be used with the tablet pad, all Wii peripherals, including the Wiimote, and has a separate "traditional" gamepad.

I'm not sure what you are going on about.

#39 Posted by foxhound_fox (87405 posts) -

It was (and still is) priced too high with the hardware you are getting. 32 gigs of flash memory.. really Nintendo? really?

You can use any USB memory device with the console. This includes any 2 TB portable HDD.

The option of using what you want is significantly better than forcing people to buy $200 120 GB HDD's (*cough* 360 *cough*).

#40 Posted by bezza2011 (2321 posts) -

What the Wii U should of been and what nintendo was completely blind in seeing was they should of reinvented the Wii

it should of been 1:1 Wii motes similar to how the move works, they should of gone with a lot better hardware than they have, because I mean the price they started selling them at they could of easily done it. they should of never had the tablet controller and just had smartphone and tablet intergration. this would of sold to the masses o and the Wii U should of never been the name, they should of stuck with what they said in the first place, that they were not trying to play with the big boys and stuck to what they seemed good at, harmless fun gaming. now there stuck somewhere in the middle.

#41 Posted by charizard1605 (55658 posts) -

The Wii U doesn't have online? News to me.

#42 Posted by charizard1605 (55658 posts) -

Just read this thread, and... wow. It's painfully obvious you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. let me help you here:

1. The Wii U does have online. This online does not use friend codes, but uses a universal system wide friends list, which is determined by your Nintendo Network ID. You can in fact send out and receive friend requests and messages normally just like you can on other platforms; in fact, the Wii U has OS level support for voice and video chat. It also has leaderboards, rankings, everything.
  2. The Wii U does have an online store. It's called the eShop, and it was the first online store on consoles to get day and date releases for all retail titles.
  3. The Wii U supports Wiimotes, Nunchuks, Wiimote Plus, Wii Classic Controller, Wii Classic Controller Pro, Wii Wheel, Wii Balance Boards... alongside Wii U Pro and the Wii U pad. All of these can be used in any permutation and combination (up to five) with the Wii U at any given time.
#43 Posted by Joedgabe (5096 posts) -

if the Wii U was more powerful it would probably be more expensive than the xbox one considering the 3DS released at a price tag close to the Vita..... so no... i rather get the cheaper console and use the extra money to buy games or doritos.

#44 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3399 posts) -

Lol freedomfreak thread.

#45 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5228 posts) -

ITT: Just FreedomFreeLife being ignorant again.

#46 Posted by MirkoS77 (7037 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

Nintendo: "We don't have Competition"

Iwata: "We don't care about what other companies are doing"

Even better:

“We cannot continue a business without winning".

Funny Iwata would say such a thing, as winning entails doing something called competing.

#47 Posted by freedomfreak (38829 posts) -
#48 Edited by MirkoS77 (7037 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Just read this thread, and... wow. It's painfully obvious you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. let me help you here:

1. The Wii U does have online. This online does not use friend codes, but uses a universal system wide friends list, which is determined by your Nintendo Network ID. You can in fact send out and receive friend requests and messages normally just like you can on other platforms; in fact, the Wii U has OS level support for voice and video chat. It also has leaderboards, rankings, everything.
  2. The Wii U does have an online store. It's called the eShop, and it was the first online store on consoles to get day and date releases for all retail titles.
  3. The Wii U supports Wiimotes, Nunchuks, Wiimote Plus, Wii Classic Controller, Wii Classic Controller Pro, Wii Wheel, Wii Balance Boards... alongside Wii U Pro and the Wii U pad. All of these can be used in any permutation and combination (up to five) with the Wii U at any given time.

C'mon Char, you know well that Nintendo's online effort is laughable when held in comparison to Sony and MS. It doesn't even hold up well to the PS3 and 360's offerings, much less now. Its implementation is half-assed, at best. It's obvious Nintendo doesn't put importance on the online arena, and this is no shock considering they said way back when online was taking off that "nobody wanted online games".

It's apparent that while they've taken steps contrary, they still fundamentally hold this belief. What's there is there grudgingly and obligatorily.

#49 Edited by TrappedInABox91 (495 posts) -

"Wii U just don´t have any multiplayer online games at all. No ranks, no store, no DLC, no stats, nothing"

Thats one of the most ignorant things I've seen in a while.

#50 Posted by OhSnapitz (18038 posts) -

@OhSnapitz said:

It was (and still is) priced too high with the hardware you are getting. 32 gigs of flash memory.. really Nintendo? really?

You can use any USB memory device with the console. This includes any 2 TB portable HDD.

The option of using what you want is significantly better than forcing people to buy $200 120 GB HDD's (*cough* 360 *cough*).

1. The 360 used usb as well as cloud stoage.
  2. You're comparing a 2005 7th Gen console to a 2012 8th gen. Which company I the bigger fool?