What have cows got to counter Titan Fall and Quantum Break?

• 149 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Zoso813 (310 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: The game doesn't fall into the logic of not existing; MLB the Show is a still a one up for the PS4 even though it's not exclusive. The Xbox One is receiving a what looks to be top of the line shooter... something in which the PS4 clearly lacks.

Battlefield 4 is more than enough in a market over saturated with shooters. Bugs aside, it's the best shooter that's come out in years in my opinion.

#52 Edited by Liquid_ (2438 posts) -

@general_solo76 said:

This is easy! I've got this fellas!

1. The Order 1886

2. Uncharted 4

3. Infamous: Second Son

Next question?

Titanfall

Quantum Break

Sunset Overdrive

Halo 5

Halo Spartan Assult

Below

D4

Project Spark

Black Tusks new game

Fable Legends

Killer Instinct

Ryse

Dead Rising 3

Forza 5

Peggle 2

Powerstar Golf

Crimson Dragoon

the definitive version of Fifa

easier....neway, Xbox One out does the ps4 in just quantity of titles coming to the system alone. new ips, popular series being continued on into the next generation, then the arcade games. its just too much imo...all the ps4 has put out to people really is Deep Down, The Order 1886, and sequels to Infamous and Uncharted. its pretty boring. yea, this IS easy....

how many exclusives did xbox have this year?

#53 Posted by aroxx_ab (9265 posts) -

Cows can play the superior version of Titanfall on PC and Quantum Break i dont even know what it is...

#54 Edited by danabo (2474 posts) -

"What have cows got to counter Titan Fall and Quantum Break?"

Do you like iPhone games?

If the answer is "no", then nothing until 2015.

#55 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

what do cows have to counter cod with mechs and double jump and third person timeshift?

Infamous and the order.

#56 Edited by Joedgabe (5110 posts) -

@campzor said:

what do cows have to counter cod with mechs and double jump and third person timeshift?

Infamous and the order.

There hasn't even been gameplay shown from the Order, Plus Titanfall is a weak FPS that wouldn't have high requirements... you can probably play it on an HP laptop.

#57 Posted by tymeservesfate (1587 posts) -

Infamous, The Order and more than likely Uncharted.

Xbone's 2014 "line up" just got fucked in all holes.

@tymeservesfate said:

Quantum Break

Halo 5

Project Spark

Dead Rising 3

Took the opportunity to remove the crap no one cares about or doesn't even have a name.

took the ones no one cares about out...don't do that, i mean what if ur parents would have done that to you. you'd probably be even more desperate and angry on here.

no seriously, why take out most of the new ips...wasnt that the big thing for cows at the end of last gen, new ips? now they are things no one should mentioned or should care about? thats downright contradictory...plus cows wouldnt be able to say, "and a crap ton of indie titles" anymore to make the weak ps4 line-up look a little fatter. no no...lets not add that new rule. i like hearing about new and upcoming ips. especially with how fast people stop talking about ps4 games so soon after release:

Titanfall
Quantum Break
Sunset Overdrive
Halo 5
Halo Spartan Assult
Below
D4
Project Spark
Black Tusks new game
Fable Legends
Killer Instinct
Ryse
Dead Rising 3
Forza 5
Peggle 2
Powerstar Golf
Crimson Dragoon

#58 Edited by Sweenix (5397 posts) -

Titanfall isn't an exclusive.. sooo #Xaero4king

#59 Posted by tymeservesfate (1587 posts) -

@Liquid_: including Xbox One titles right? about 5.

#60 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (4067 posts) -

Not even the biggest, dumbest lem scum is buying an Xbone for Halo Spartan Assault.

#61 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42626 posts) -

@Zoso813 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

@R4gn4r0k: The game doesn't fall into the logic of not existing; MLB the Show is a still a one up for the PS4 even though it's not exclusive. The Xbox One is receiving a what looks to be top of the line shooter... something in which the PS4 clearly lacks.

Battlefield 4 is more than enough in a market over saturated with shooters. Bugs aside, it's the best shooter that's come out in years in my opinion.

I hear the exact opposite from the vast majority of users--a good shooter that is broken to hell and back on every platform, but worst on consoles.

#62 Posted by KungfuKitten (20847 posts) -

Ooh a PC game and a trailer game.

#63 Posted by tymeservesfate (1587 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Titanfall isn't an exclusive.. sooo #Xaero4king

would u consider Titanfall a plus for Sony if the sequel gets a ps4 port?

#64 Edited by LJS9502_basic (150303 posts) -

LOL at this topic. Every console has games. Just because you bought a different console doesn't mean there isn't anything to play on the others. And FYI.....not everyone is impressed with those games. They aren't system sellers IMO.

#65 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150303 posts) -

LOL at this topic. Every console has games. Just because you bought a different console doesn't mean there isn't anything to play on the others. And FYI.....not everyone is impressed with those games. They aren't system sellers IMO.

@Cubs360 said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: neither of those games will have the lasting appeal Halo will.

Eh Halo hasn't been the same with the new devs.

#66 Edited by Sushiglutton (5225 posts) -

Titanfall isn't next-gen, it's a cross gen title. There are plenty of shooters on Ps3. Instead of QB you can play Infamous and mix in any TV-show you like.

#67 Edited by airshocker (29028 posts) -

Not sure why the Xbox One guys are all excited. Titan Fall is going to be a thousand times better on the PC. =]

#68 Edited by KillzoneSnake (1692 posts) -

TitanFall also on PC, lems need to stop talking about their COD mech game so much. Anyway.... Uncharted 4, The Order 1886, Gran Turismo 7, Driveclub, Infamous Second Son, Everybodys Gone to the Rapture, and so much more... and since lems like to think titanfall is exclusive... we have for free Planetside 2, WarFrame, DC universe... Xbone has nothing in comparison.

#69 Posted by tymeservesfate (1587 posts) -

Titanfall isn't next-gen, it's a cross gen title. There are plenty of shooters on Ps3. Instead of QB you can play Infamous and mix in any TV-show you like.

no, Xboxers could use Dead Rising 3 rather than Quantum break to rival Infamous...n for months before Infamous SS even releases at that. but if you want the Xboxers to wait like cows usually have to do then they could wait for the next gen insert of Crackdown to surface to rival Infamous SS. its obviously in the works. and i'm saying this because they're similar genres...open world games. so yea, they have plenty of options to spit in Sony's mouth. they can do it now or later...

#70 Edited by StormyJoe (4880 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

What have cows got to counter Titan Fall, Halo 5 and Quantum Break ? The game situation is looking very dire on the PS4. No body cares about Infamous and Drive Club is struggling and probably be a flop. No sign of Uncharted or a new God of War. And lets just face it, apart from UC none of these games are system sellers. Are cows hopes on Indie games? Even there it looks like all Indie devs are scrambling to get on board the superior development environment on the XBO. Even the $100 price difference is only having marginal effect on sales as the PS4 is not too far ahead. All the while the XBO development kits keep improving and its a matter of time before it meets parity with resolution on the PS4, but then again semi-core don't care for this but lapping up the multimedia features. Sony by the way keep losing money and can't afford to secure big exclusives. The future is looking dire for cows and their ps4s.

Titanfall doesn't need to be counter multiplatforms = lol.

Troll

Yes, because it doesn't matter that you cannot play it on PS4...

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/titanfall-will-be-a-big-big-system-seller-for-xbox-one/0122545

LOL!

Cows gonna cow.

#71 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150303 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@Scipio8 said:

What have cows got to counter Titan Fall, Halo 5 and Quantum Break ? The game situation is looking very dire on the PS4. No body cares about Infamous and Drive Club is struggling and probably be a flop. No sign of Uncharted or a new God of War. And lets just face it, apart from UC none of these games are system sellers. Are cows hopes on Indie games? Even there it looks like all Indie devs are scrambling to get on board the superior development environment on the XBO. Even the $100 price difference is only having marginal effect on sales as the PS4 is not too far ahead. All the while the XBO development kits keep improving and its a matter of time before it meets parity with resolution on the PS4, but then again semi-core don't care for this but lapping up the multimedia features. Sony by the way keep losing money and can't afford to secure big exclusives. The future is looking dire for cows and their ps4s.

Troll

LOL!

Cows gonna cow.

I don't see it as a big system seller. It's on PC and 360. Why would anyone buy a system....especially an expensive one for one game particularly when they can play it on what they have anyway. So next gen not necessary to play.

#72 Posted by StormyJoe (4880 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@Scipio8 said:

Troll

LOL!

Cows gonna cow.

I don't see it as a big system seller. It's on PC and 360. Why would anyone buy a system....especially an expensive one for one game particularly when they can play it on what they have anyway. So next gen not necessary to play.

That's because you don't want it to be. But, watch the videos on GS and IGN that deal with TitanFall. All of the people in the video say it will be an XB1 system seller - it is not a lemming/fanboy concept.

#73 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150303 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

That's because you don't want it to be. But, watch the videos on GS and IGN that deal with TitanFall. All of the people in the video say it will be an XB1 system seller - it is not a lemming/fanboy concept.

I'm looking at it from a business standpoint. If they keep it exclusive for the X1 then it has a chance to move some units. Even if they delayed reporting a port to PC and/or 360. But it should definitely NOT be released on both MS consoles. Seriously I have a 360....I can pick it up if I want. But the genre is also a niche genre and that hurts as well. IMO. But having three systems to buy it on....will hurt X1 sales. It really isn't good marketing but I understand the devs need to make money so they are throwing it out there on as many platforms as possible.

#74 Posted by clr84651 (5364 posts) -

Sony is the one needing to counter MS. Cows have no control.

#75 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150303 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

Sony is the one needing to counter MS. Cows have no control.

Considering the topic....you make no sense.

#76 Edited by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

@general_solo76 said:

1. The Order 1886

2. Uncharted 4

Next question?

Quantum Break

Sunset Overdrive

Halo 5

Those are the upcoming X1 exclusives which we have actually seen something about/know something about.

#77 Edited by tymeservesfate (1587 posts) -

@StriateEnd: actually, i have only seen actual gameplay from Quantum Break out of those 3 games. either way, i still don't see your point...people are suppose to be scared of The Order 1866 when we've seen almost nothing about it...but can't/shouldnt mention Xbox games we havent seen much of either? you stacking the deck here or something friend? besides, the titles i put a star next to i've actually seen gameplay for, some with actual video as well...u just havent.

Titanfall*

Quantum Break*

Sunset Overdrive

Halo 5

Halo Spartan Assault*

Below*

D4*

Project Spark*

Black Tusks new game

Fable Legends

Killer Instinct*

Ryse*

Dead Rising 3*

Forza 5*

Peggle 2*

Powerstar Golf*

Crimson Dragoon*

Minecraft Xbox One Edition*

so why is The Order valid to throw into arguments when games we've actually seen more of than just a couple screenshots are suppose to be invalid. stop it...the nonsense.

#78 Edited by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

@tymeservesfate: Jesus Christ! You're posting games like Forza 5, Crimson Dragon, Dead Rising 3, Killer Instinct, Peggle 2 and Ryse which have already been RELEASED.

And then you mention MULTIPLATFORM titles like Titanfall, Project Spark and Halo Spartan Assault. Also you mentioned a couple timed exclusives like Peggle 2 and Below.

A game we know NOTHING about. Not even the goddamn name. Black Tusks new game. lol. Its made by a new fking studio as well son. You're grasping. Pls stop. You're grasping.

Goddangit I can play Minecraft on nearly every platform!

So that leaves you with Quantum Break, Halo 5 and Sunset Overdrive.

We have seen more of The Order 1886 (short in-engine clip, actual gameplay footage, know what the game is about, gameinformer spread, dev interviews) than either of those three games but i'm including them since we know what hey are about. Halo is halo. QB is a tps/tv show hybrid with time control and Sunset Overdrive is a cel shaded, fpsmmo with lots of jumping.

#79 Edited by Shewgenja (8458 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@Scipio8 said:

Troll

LOL!

Cows gonna cow.

Yes, go to the big websites counting on advertising dollars to get an unbiased opinion on a game that will at best, run marginally better on said more expensive console.

Do you ever stop and look at the big picture? Or is it all knee-jerk defense at this point?

#80 Posted by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

Cows have sexy girlfriends who do naughty things with the PS4 Playroom to keep entertained!

#81 Posted by StormyJoe (4880 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@Scipio8 said:

Troll

LOL!

Cows gonna cow.

Yes, go to the big websites counting on advertising dollars to get an unbiased opinion on a game that will at best, run marginally better on said more expensive console.

Do you ever stop and look at the big picture? Or is it all knee-jerk defense at this point?

Sigh....

Man, every game site says it will be a system seller for Xbox One. This is not just my opinion, but game journalists across the 'net. You may not want it to be, but that doesn't change the fact that journalists (and I) think it will be. Google "titanfall xbox one system seller" and read about it. Jeez...

#82 Edited by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

I think Cows will be ok. Lems have Quantum Break and Halo 5 and a multiplat game in Titanfall, meanwhile Cows have inFamous, DriveClub and Uncharted and the Order.

#83 Edited by Shewgenja (8458 posts) -

Oh, we can certainly rely on the gaming media to try to pimp the game to hell and back. After all, this is EA's way of striking back at the Call of Duty chunk of the gaming pie. It will get LOTS of attention. The thing is, it is going to be on the 360 and PC. There is literally no need to run out and buy an XBone for this game. It won't be in 1080p and we know that much already. The next-gen leap people would want out of this game just won't be there.

It's all supposition. Both those that are hyped and those who are not. It's just seemingly more reasonable to believe that what XBox fans there are left out there are ten times more likely to get it for the system they already have. This game is not the carrot on a stick people are playing it up to be.

#84 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@Cubs360 said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS: sure, you don't know what your talking about. I'll give you a few pointers, the order runs at 900p and the last we heard, drive club was struggling to do 30 fps.

The Order runs at 1920x800p which way better than the 1028x720p and 1600x900p crap on the Xflop. And The Order won't have any nasty blurry upscaling because it is letterboxed...everything thing on the screen will be crisp 1080p.

As far as Drive Club is concerned they delayed with massive backlash to fix whatever problems they were having in development so I HIGHLY doubt it will struggle in any way when it is released.

#85 Posted by -ArchAngeL-777- (3786 posts) -

This is a serious troll thread. Ok yeah lets pretend no one wants Infamous, Drive Club is in trouble, Order 1886 doesn't exist, Planetside 2 isn't coming to PS4 (Hey if the "console exclusive" arguments works for TItanfall, why not here?), and Uncharted 4 is some kind of fantasy that won't ever happen. That way we can say PS4 has no games and pretend Quantum Break is some kind of system seller that will actually break the MS Halo milkage theme of the last decade. haha

#86 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

Both of those games look lame and boring to me. Doesn't make me want to own an Xbox One.

jealous, ps4 only has the mediocre Infamous.

#87 Edited by Liquid_ (2438 posts) -
#88 Edited by Murderstyle75 (4165 posts) -

@kingoflife9:

Of you think Xbox One has anything better, you have some very low expectations. Did anybody care about early 360/ps3 games? I didn't think so. Why is it so important now? You Lems need to stop praising mediocrity or else Microsoft might not give you anything better.

#89 Posted by GamingGod999 (2962 posts) -

Can someone tell that pesky lion to stop regurgitating his list of crap?

kthxbai

#90 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

@kingoflife9:

Of you think Xbox One has anything better, you have some very low expectations. Did anybody care about early 360/ps3 games? I didn't think so. Why is it so important now? You Lems need to stop praising mediocrity or else Microsoft might not give you anything better.

well its better than anything pc has

#91 Posted by tormentos (17079 posts) -

Games on launch of the PS4 that are not on xbox one.

Sound Shapes

Injustice Gods among us. (higher rated than KI)

Flower. (95% GR)

War thunder.

Warframe

Trines 2 (87% GR)

By this ^^^ the PS4 destroyed the xbox one in launch games,some how they are invalid here because they are on more than 1 console,you don't need aS4 to play flower or sound shapes,or injustice which you can even play it on 360,but the game is not for xbox one.

Titanfall is not an exclusive game and you can bet what you want that the 360 version will out sell the xbox one version easy.

This game looks fun because is COD with robots,some people like it,other who prefer real guns will not probably go for it,is one of the things that have make COD so popular alone side perks,and kill streaks.

Titanfall will be just another game of the bunch.

#92 Edited by nyzma23 (917 posts) -

The Order and Uncharted will counter Halo and Quantum Break. TitanFall doesn't have a counter.

the order and uncharted not coming until late 2014 - early 2015

but titanfall will come in march quantum break and sunset overdrive in mid 2014 and don't forget projet spark in january 2014

#93 Posted by babycakin (1400 posts) -

@general_solo76 said:

1. The Order 1886

2. Uncharted 4

Next question?

Titanfall

Quantum Break

Sunset Overdrive

Halo 5

Halo Spartan Assult

Below

D4

Project Spark

Black Tusks new game

Fable Legends

Killer Instinct

Ryse

Dead Rising 3

Forza 5

Peggle 2

Powerstar Golf

Crimson Dragoon

easier....neway, Xbox One out does the ps4 in just quantity of titles coming to the system alone. new ips, popular series being continued on into the next generation, then the arcade games. its just too much imo...all the ps4 has put out to people really is Deep Down, The Order 1886, and sequels to Infamous and Uncharted. its pretty boring. yea, this IS easy....

POWERSTAR GOLF and RYSE?! Please stop embarrasing lem-dogs.

#94 Posted by svetzenlether (3081 posts) -
@Scipio8 said:

$100 extra.

#95 Posted by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

@StriateEnd: actually, i have only seen actual gameplay from Quantum Break out of those 3 games. either way, i still don't see your point...people are suppose to be scared of The Order 1866 when we've seen almost nothing about it...but can't/shouldnt mention Xbox games we havent seen much of either? you stacking the deck here or something friend? besides, the titles i put a star next to i've actually seen gameplay for, some with actual video as well...u just havent.

Titanfall*

Quantum Break*

Sunset Overdrive

Halo 5

Halo Spartan Assault*

Below*

D4*

Project Spark*

Black Tusks new game

Fable Legends

Killer Instinct*

Ryse*

Dead Rising 3*

Forza 5*

Peggle 2*

Powerstar Golf*

Crimson Dragoon*

Minecraft Xbox One Edition*

so why is The Order valid to throw into arguments when games we've actually seen more of than just a couple screenshots are suppose to be invalid. stop it...the nonsense.

If we're going to have an honest conversation with list wars, you mine as well post the PS4 list for 2014 for context.

inFamous

Driveclub

The Order: 1886

MLB: The Show

Planetside 2

Everquest Next

GG Xrd

Lily Bergamo

Rime

Shadow of the Beast

FF XIV

Diablo III

Deep Down

Doki Doki Universe

Hohokum

Secret Ponchos

CounterSpy

Don't Starve

Outlast

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture

Shadow of the Beast

Trainsistor

The Witness

Helldivers

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Blast 'Em Bunnies

Daylight

Dynasty Warriors 8

Galak-Z: The Dimensional

GlowTag

Guns of Icarus Online

Mercenary Kings

Hyper Light Drifter

Octodad: Deadliest Catch

Rogue Legacy

Samurai Gunn

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

Sportsfriends

Volume

Pavillion

Velocity 2X

Yakuza Ishin

Dream Club: Host Girls On Stage

Earth Defense Force

Joysound Drive 2

N++

Nikoli no Puzzle 4

Uncharted 4

Certainly, the PS4 is not struggling for software, exclusive or otherwise. In fact, it has 3x the number of confirmed 2014 games as your One list there. And I didn't even list the launch games like you inexplicably did because we're past launch and should be looking towards the future.

If you're going to have a conversation, have an honest one. You look desperate and insecure when you don't present the whole picture for people to digest.

#96 Posted by Thunder7151 (305 posts) -

1. The Order 1886

2. Uncharted 4

Next question?

The Order 1886 - Looks great!!

Uncharted 4 - Will no doubt be a really good game.

Infamous: Second Son - Trash

#97 Posted by Dreams-Visions (26569 posts) -

@general_solo76 said:

1. The Order 1886

2. Uncharted 4

Next question?

The Order 1886 - Looks great!!

Uncharted 4 - Will no doubt be a really good game.

Infamous has been a solid AA franchise for Sony. Mid 80s on average. Unless we're too good to play ~80 scoring games.

#98 Posted by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

@general_solo76 said:

1. The Order 1886

2. Uncharted 4

Next question?

Get out.

#99 Posted by nyzma23 (917 posts) -

Both console have great line up so please stop this stupid war !!!

#100 Edited by blamix99 (1674 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

The Order 1886 will destroy Quantum Break. TitanFall doesn't count cause were getting it on pc anyway.. LOL