What happened to Titanfall? Seems like it just fell off?

• 153 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

So back in early March, Titanfall dropped, got high review scores, supposedly "redefined" the FPS genre.

I haven't seen or heard any article on the game since then.

Is it still selling well?

Or was it simply a 1-week wonder?

I personally played it for about 2 weeks and then stopped playing it after some other games came out. I haven't had a single desire to go back and play it anymore though. I don't think it was burnout either, because I didn't really play it that much. I think I got up around Level 25 or so.

Does Titanfall not have that "addictive" nature to it that some other games do? Is it really not that great?

I personally think the game was very hollow and needed more modes and customization. It's a solid engine, but it seems as if they didn't really DO anything with it.

What do you guys think?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#2 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Overhyped Call of Duty clone hyped up by lemmings because they have no games.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

What are you expecting to hear or see? People are still playing and enjoying the game, what else do you want?

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

Number one seller in the UK last week. Number 1 seller march NPD.

I'm sure it's doing fine.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

Last I read it was still topping charts. Far from being a one week wonder.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

Happens to so many games.

Lotta hype. It releases. People talk about it for a while, and woosh.. gone.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 B4X

@lbjkurono23 said:

Don't you just love the hyperbole / fud sandwich. Yummy!

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

I don't care about all that other stuff but I've been playing titanfall since launch except the 2 week civ 5 detour I took.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

My buddy keeps trying to get me to play it when I go to his house, but he can't seem to grasp just how boring the game looks to me. He keeps asking what I think as I watch him play and my response is always the same..."looks boring, but at least you like it".

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

"Belive the Hype" "10/10" "genre defining online FPS" lol yeah this is what happens when the only ones hyping the game are the press. When they aren't payed to hype this as a 2nd coming of Jesus, you can clearly see that the gamers don't give a royal shit about yet another call of duty clone. No one cares and everyone is tired of call of duty copies. This game has the most pathetic prestige system ever seen lol you unlock absolutely no shit, ZERO lol stuck with the same 10 main weapons and 3 titans for life, what a joke.;

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 B4X

@silversix_ said:

"Belive the Hype" "10/10" "genre defining online FPS" lol yeah this is what happens when the only ones hyping the game are the press. When they aren't payed to hype this as a 2nd coming of Jesus, you can clearly see that the gamers don't give a royal shit about yet another call of duty clone. No one cares and everyone is tired of call of duty copies. This game has the most pathetic prestige system ever seen lol you unlock absolutely no shit, ZERO lol stuck with the same 10 main weapons and 3 titans for life, what a joke.;

I wish Infamous: SS had multi to bro...

XboxDone74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XboxDone74
Member since 2013 • 2116 Posts

The entire CoD franchise has been slowly dying. Reminiscent of what happened to Guitar Hero.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

@b4x said:

@lbjkurono23 said:

Don't you just love the hyperbole / fud sandwich. Yummy!

Only if they have some sort of secret sauce. :P

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@silversix_ said:

Wonder why it's #1 on the US and UK charts then? Weird!

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@xboxdone74 said:

The entire CoD franchise has been slowly dying. Reminiscent of what happened to Guitar Hero.

Thats the activision way. Milk it until you drive it into the ground an no one ever wants to see it again.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By silversix_

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

what else do you want? A prestige system, AC130's and M60's? Go play call od duty. Infamous exists since forever and never was it focused on multiplayer. But hey, i can say random bs as well,,,,, I wish Titanfall had a campaign, bro....

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Pretty much. All that manufactured hype and it disappeared without trace a couple of days after launch. Languishes at around 200 viewers on Twitch, barely anyone talking about it. Only reason it's still selling is because of free bundling and Xbone price cuts.

musicalmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By musicalmac  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25098 Posts

Haven't you been around long enough to know how things work around here?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By silversix_
@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

Same reason recycled garbage known as CoD sells 10+ millions every year, US has a lot of unaware bro gamers that "Belive the hype". The kind that visit IGN, see Titanfall ads all over the place and think its the best game of the generation. This is the kind of turds still play cod and titanfall.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Both IGN and Gamespot have had recent articles looking at the upcoming DLC, and there are still people playing it

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

Meh, I don't think it fell off, me and a good chunk of my friends are still playing it and really enjoying it. Gen 5 here :D

But of course all of the responses you'll get here are from Sony fanboys who haven't even tried the game, and are using this topic as a free chance to take more shots at Titanfall. Is the game perfect, no. Is it one hell of a shooter? Yes.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

Is the fact that it's Microsoft-Exclusive hurt it's overall post-launch hype level?

If it was on the PS3/PS4 also, would there be a bigger buzz about it right now?

Or is it just a fundamentally "empty" game after the first few hours with it?

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

What are you expecting to hear or see? People are still playing and enjoying the game, what else do you want?

This. And, the first DLC was announced.

/thread.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Netherscourge said:

Is the fact that it's Microsoft-Exclusive hurt it's overall post-launch hype level?

If it was on the PS3/PS4 also, would there be a bigger buzz about it right now?

Or is it just a fundamentally "empty" game after the first few hours with it?

...people are still playing it

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

OP thread backfire, cows be self owning these days

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 chikenfriedrice

@silversix_ said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

Same reason recycled garbage known as CoD sells 10+ millions every year, US has a lot of unaware bro gamers that "Belive the hype". The kind that visit IGN, see Titanfall ads all over the place and think its the best game of the generation. This is the kind of turds still play cod and titanfall.

You said gamers don't care, no one cares....but yet obviously people do. If it's not the type of game you like, who cares?

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

My buddy keeps trying to get me to play it when I go to his house, but he can't seem to grasp just how boring the game looks to me. He keeps asking what I think as I watch him play and my response is always the same..."looks boring, but at least you like it".

It is boring, very much like Call of Duty.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 silversix_

@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

You said gamers don't care, no one cares....but yet obviously people do. If it's not the type of game you like, who cares?

yeah, my bad, unaware bro gamers do care except i don't consider them as people but creatures.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 B4X

@silversix_ said:

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

what else do you want? A prestige system, AC130's and M60's? Go play call od duty. Infamous exists since forever and never was it focused on multiplayer. But hey, i can say random bs as well,,,,, I wish Titanfall had a campaign, bro....

Me too. A 7 hour single player game vs. 100+ hour multi game.

Get real. If one game needed coop multi. It's infamous. Don't be an apologist.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

It's like just about every other good multiplayer FPS ever released. It's a lot of fun for a week or two, then you move on to something else.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

Well lems thought it was going to sell move a a lot of Xbones, when in reality it didn't.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 silversix_

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

First of all campaign itself is 12h. 2nd there's more than just the campaign like in every open world game. What 100h+? You'll be happy to survive more than 20h in this chore fest known as Titan of Duty. There's absolutely no content in Titanfall to be played for over 100h+. This game is an incredible ripoff when it comes to content

chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By chikenfriedrice

@silversix_ said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:
@chikenfriedrice said:

@silversix_ said:

yeah, my bad, unaware bro gamers do care except i don't consider them as people but creatures.

Justify it however you please.

Bishop1310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bishop1310
Member since 2007 • 1274 Posts

@DaBrainz said:

I don't care about all that other stuff but I've been playing titanfall since launch except the 2 week civ 5 detour I took.

Funny I took the same detour haha but ya titanfall has been awesome to this point. some good dlc coming too.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

First of all campaign itself is 12h. 2nd there's more than just the campaign like in every open world game. What 100h+? You'll be happy to survive more than 20h in this chore fest known as Titan of Duty. There's absolutely no content in Titanfall to be played for over 100h+. This game is an incredible ripoff when it comes to content

You know what that sounds like?

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#36  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

There really isn't much to the game. The freedom of movement is great but the Titans come off as a novelty. The freedom of movement is more fun than the titans by far. The problem is there just aren't many game modes and the customization is just pretty low. All of the real lasting appeal of CoD/Battlefield just isn't there. The game isn't that deep and doesn't have a huge emphasis on teamwork nor does it have a large playlist, customizeable game modes, or a lot of personal progression like CoD does.

This really does make a difference. While Titanfall is fun for a bit, there is very little reason to keep playing it. It has some awesome moments but lacks the controlled chaos of Battlefield or the shear amount of content a CoD game has.

Most people just went back to BF/CoD. It's really tough to directly compete against those two games.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By silversix_

@StormyJoe said:

@silversix_ said:

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

You know what that sounds like?

Its really hard for me to get jelly when the game looks that beautiful. The game isn't an exclusive so im supposed to be jelly for what? If i gave a crap about yet another call of duty i'd play it in 1080p/60fps since it launched, i don't.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

the game's still topping charts.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By B4X

@silversix_ said:

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

@b4x said:

@silversix_ said:

Can I get blanket statement for the win Bob?

I played Quake series, LFD 1-2, Call of Duty 1-2, Battlefield series, and counter strike. For combined DAYS, maybe years...not hours. With out ever touching the single player.

You go ahead though. You're doing great.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Without a single player it's dead in the water. The generic look and feel comes to light and the game is quickly forgotten.

No story, characters, plot, myth, or lore to keep anyone invested passed the initial launch hype.

Titandrop. Titanyawn. Titansnore. Titanwhocarseanymore.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

It's not a PS exclusive, so there isn't thread after thread made about it. I'm guessing people are just playing it instead of spending their whole day here talking about it.

Kjranu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 Kjranu
Member since 2012 • 1802 Posts

@Netherscourge said:

So back in early March, Titanfall dropped, got high review scores, supposedly "redefined" the FPS genre.

I personally played it for about 2 weeks and then stopped playing it after some other games came out. I haven't had a single desire to go back and play it anymore though. I don't think it was burnout either, because I didn't really play it that much. I think I got up around Level 25 or so.

Does Titanfall not have that "addictive" nature to it that some other games do? Is it really not that great?

I personally think the game was very hollow and needed more modes and customization. It's a solid engine, but it seems as if they didn't really DO anything with it.

What do you guys think?

The only thing Titanfall dropped was a deuce.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 B4X

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Without a single player it's dead in the water. The generic look and feel comes to light and the game is quickly forgotten.

No story, characters, plot, myth, or lore to keep anyone invested passed the initial launch hype.

Titandrop. Titanyawn. Titansnore. Titanwhocarseanymore.

Origin or Xbox GT?

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@NVIDIATI said:

@AmazonTreeBoa said:

It is boring, very much like Call of Duty.

TF plays nothing like Call of Duty.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By B4X

@Kjranu said:

@Netherscourge said:

What do you guys think?

The only thing Titanfall dropped was a deuce.

I imagine it's at about 2+ million sold. It think you're right on the money.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45094 Posts

I could tell just from the beta that the fun wouldn't really last long.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46231 Posts

@Wasdie said:

There really isn't much to the game. The freedom of movement is great but the Titans come off as a novelty. The freedom of movement is more fun than the titans by far. The problem is there just aren't many game modes and the customization is just pretty low. All of the real lasting appeal of CoD/Battlefield just isn't there. The game isn't that deep and doesn't have a huge emphasis on teamwork nor does it have a large playlist, customizeable game modes, or a lot of personal progression like CoD does.

This really does make a difference. While Titanfall is fun for a bit, there is very little reason to keep playing it. It has some awesome moments but lacks the controlled chaos of Battlefield or the shear amount of content a CoD game has.

Most people just went back to BF/CoD. It's really tough to directly compete against those two games.

I went back to RO, lol. There are a lot of people playing the game again.

I just can't play Titanfall since the last patch, the loading times became really long for some odd reason. And they still haven't fixed FPS issues many people are having.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

@Wasdie said:

I went back to RO, lol. There are a lot of people playing the game again.

I just can't play Titanfall since the last patch, the loading times became really long for some odd reason. And they still haven't fixed FPS issues many people are having.

I got RO last week since it was free. I will try it soon! Add em to Steam-BroknOath and maybe I can leech off your skills? :D

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#50 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

It was fun for a couple of weeks, then I started playing other stuff as I maxed out my character. I'm not into that prestige system.