what happened to this place ?!

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

I noticed the greatest drop off was after the redesign. I think a lot of people also rage-quit after the industry was pretty much gift-wrapped and air delivered to Sony. What is there really to "war" about? Not owning a PS4 is pretty much like dipping your balls in sugar water and sitting in a fire-ant hill.

"I'm not a cow"

- Moogenja

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#53 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

It'd be a lot better if all the shitty posters were gone.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@Snugenz said:

@Shewgenja said:

I noticed the greatest drop off was after the redesign. I think a lot of people also rage-quit after the industry was pretty much gift-wrapped and air delivered to Sony. What is there really to "war" about? Not owning a PS4 is pretty much like dipping your balls in sugar water and sitting in a fire-ant hill.

"I'm not a cow"

- Moogenja

You add oh so much to the conversation. Thanks for your contribution to this forum.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@Shewgenja:

Pot, meet kettle

Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#56 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts

Well System Warsused to be great back in the early 2000's (for those of us who have actually been around long enough to remember), but the mods banned all the once great posters back then. That was 10 years ago, this place isn't the same anymore.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Shewgenja

@dommeus said:

@Shewgenja:

Pot, meet kettle

*ponders the last time Dommeus made a thread on this forum or added anything of value to a disucssion*

It's not my fault I can post something as big as the return of Sierra and people like you would rather post in a bitching fest like this or the standard Cow/Lem thread. Keep waving the finger at me, though.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Snugenz

@Shewgenja said:

@Snugenz said:

@Shewgenja said:

"I'm not a cow"

- Moogenja

You add oh so much to the conversation. Thanks for your contribution to this forum.

I'm willing to bet my non-contribution is hated less than your fanboy contributions, stay classy Moogenja "the wannabe hermit".

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Shewgenja

@Snugenz said:

I'm willing to bet my non-contribution is hated less than your fanboy contributions, stay classy Moogenja "the wannabe hermit".

It's only going to spiral into some Pee-Wee Herman level glarphs trying to reason with you, so here is something shiny instead.

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Snugenz

@Shewgenja said:

@Snugenz said:

It's only going to spiral into some Pee-Wee Herman level glarphs trying to reason with you, so here is something shiny instead.

What's a glarph?, and talk about not contributing atleast i'm not spamming the threads with shiny balls.

Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#61  Edited By Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

I miss the old site. I miss Bonk!, i miss the unions, i miss getting notified with a moderation twice in fucking week, i miss CaseyWagner and his strict, robotic personality. That was Gamespot, not this copy-pasted bland ass GiantBomb site that's as clunky and as my great grandmother trying to roller skate.

Also

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

TOU gave trolls all the power and killed unique and funny trolling. The site redesign was a mess and they showed little interest in listening to suggestions.

Off topic still has spambot ads that have been up for several hours...Maybe the mods have gotten sick of this place as well I only see 1 or 2 mods from the old tou days post now..

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@dommeus said:

@Shewgenja:

Pot, meet kettle

*ponders the last time Dommeus made a thread on this forum or added anything of value to a disucssion*

It's not my fault I can post something as big as the return of Sierra and people like you would rather post in a bitching fest like this or the standard Cow/Lem thread. Keep waving the finger at me, though.

I made a thread when the new Bioware teasers were released, and updated it with each new teaser that was released. You know, interesting news that might spark a discussion, rather than childish flamebait.

I tend to post news about GAMES on this forum, not some immature nonsense about a company performing poorly or counting the pixels on screen shots.

You may contribute more than I do, but that doesn't mean what you contribute adds to forum.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Shewgenja

@Lucianu said:

I miss the old site. I miss Bonk!, i miss the unions, i miss getting notified with a moderation twice in fucking week, i miss CaseyWagner and his strict, robotic personality. That was Gamespot, not this copy-pasted bland ass GiantBomb site that's as clunky and as my great grandmother trying to roller skate.

Also

He nailed it. You don't blame the community for the sites shortcomings. The community is the extension of what the site does. In all communities, you have your trolls and your troll-smashers. You don't attract troll-smashers by killing your site content and gutting your best staff. Those are the things that make quality members go away.

A real quality member doesn't get bothered by the day-to-day System Wars ramblings. They come here to start a good thread or a good debate and the people that resonate with that eventually form to become something. When the wrecking ball was taken to the Unions, the single greatest community tool was taken from the users. When you let Greg K and Jeff G go, you gave no one something to really talk about.

Finally. A post that really nailed it.

Avatar image for Danthegamingman
Danthegamingman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#65 Danthegamingman
Member since 2003 • 19978 Posts

@Lucianu:

I haven't visited this forum in years and years, what happened CaseyWagner and when?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#66 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

@Maddie_Larkin said:

The second (and more visible negative) was the change of the TOU on the forums. Believe it or not, there used to be conversations on sw and ot, not just trolling threads and rabid cows

Can't speak to OT, but the system wars part is a fucking lie. It was always shitty trolling threads, graphics threads, and mind numbing shit about metagames and flops and junk. It was never about any actual discussion of video games.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#67 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

Too many people derailing thread and thread itself is a trend.

Locked for those reasons.