What happened to System Wars recently?

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by ProtossX (458 posts) -

i just came back from a long hiatus. Was gonna get a ps4/xbox 1 so i came to system wars to find out

theres no hype threads for games i was expecting like ryse/pokemon xy/killer instinct hype threads

i dont see any good hype threads at all and the system war bets is gone all the good threads are gone

kids used to be like this games gonna be the best an hype it and if it flopped they had to do something stupid for overhyping

u had like cool game reviewers like jeff gerstman posting in the forums and talking to fans

i dont see any big name reviewers posting on these forums

and all the cool mods are gone casey wager an like cake an the famous ones like there gone

it seems like a lot of big name nintendo sheep are gone an posting less, the lemmings an hermits or sorta here and some ps4 users but its a lot smaller an the nintendo ones are completely gone it seems

where did they go like whats going on?

oh and i should say i dont think the new site looks bad or the new forums thats why im confused why ppl would just leave it doesnt look that bad to me anyway i dont like the small character limit on post titles but thats about it anyway will people be back or no?

#2 Posted by _TheJoker_ (6013 posts) -

@ProtossX: Basically, GS has turned into S; not just System Wars, also console exclusive forums and even reviews (though they always were pretty bad).

#4 Posted by finalstar2007 (24880 posts) -

The new GS redesign made creating hype threads and threads in general not only difficult but just pretty terrible, it used to be really easy to copy and paste, post pictures and even preview before making a thread but now? none of that exist which made me personally not care about making hype threads like i used to.

a lot of people stopped caring because of the new redesign and many just simply left the site so there's your answer.

#5 Posted by ProtossX (458 posts) -

@finalstar2007: did they go somewhere else? i just dont get where they are at now there still out there right?

#6 Posted by getyeryayasout (7028 posts) -

It's been streamlined. Getting rid of all those pesky posters so the same 4 or 5 users create every shitty topic on the front page has been a dream come true! Thank you, Gamespot!

#7 Posted by remiks00 (1626 posts) -

Lots of people left, and I don't know where. Yes, SW's has become a joke.

#8 Posted by freedomfreak (38645 posts) -

Looks the same to me.

#9 Edited by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

Removal of the Level 10 rule and Mod relaxing is one reason.

#10 Posted by Gargus (2147 posts) -

Blog it.

#11 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42577 posts) -

Good things are in the works, just be patient.

#12 Posted by Heil68 (43172 posts) -

I'm still here and by golly I know that means a lot. I wouldn't dream of leaving and stopping my education of SW users.

#13 Posted by Shewgenja (8295 posts) -

There is no such a thing as permanence. Embrace change or move on.

#14 Posted by sukraj (21797 posts) -

looks no different to me.

#15 Edited by Caseytappy (2127 posts) -

This forum was already slipping before the new layout .

Once blatant trolling was allowed it killed off most of the funny debate so Trolls took over with simple minded short sentenced posts repeated again and again only to up the post count resulting in a bore fest .

Why do you ask , you jelly ?

#16 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38202 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

System redesign used the GiantBomb format which clashes with the rules and formatting of the old System Wars. People left and the mods and admins stopped caring.

But don't worry, they mention "they've been making lots of changes" any time you ask why basic changes haven't been made.

Hey remember that "It will be much better, just wait and see"? Yeah never happened and honestly I don't see what they could change or add to make it good again because the people have already left.

Haven't seen a single positive of the site change so far

#17 Posted by Shewgenja (8295 posts) -

ITT:

XBox supporters blaming changes in the forum for why they are not having as good a time despite everyone else knowing what's really going on.

#18 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25523 posts) -

Next gen happened. Hype, PS4 gifs, fun, Microsoft's incessant derping of 2013....that was good.

Then the redesign happened. Which, in itself, is fine. But people left and the site is deader than ever. That was bad.

#19 Edited by WallofTruth (1319 posts) -
#20 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6027 posts) -

@remiks00 said:

Lots of people left, and I don't know where. Yes, SW's has become a joke.

This. I consider leaving from time to time too. They are just pointless arguments and nobody respects anything, anymore.

Much props for the River City Ransom avatar.

#21 Edited by mrintro (1354 posts) -

The new site sucks. It makes absolutely no sense. Hard to find anything. Also, very very slow. The mobile version not very helpful. The content they release every week as "shows" are mediocre at best. Shows like feedbackula are over done and generally aren't worth while to watch. The reviews have tanked even further. It says something when the only reviewer you can remember from this site is known for giving great games mediocre reviews. I really do think people finally got fed up with this site.

#22 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9376 posts) -
#23 Posted by ominous_titan (539 posts) -

neogaf,its where all the cool kids are now

#24 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

@ProtossX said:

@finalstar2007: did they go somewhere else? i just dont get where they are at now there still out there right?

I left for about a month maybe two. I just spent more time at other sites in which I'm a member.

#25 Posted by clone01 (24326 posts) -

@ProtossX said:

i just came back from a long hiatus. Was gonna get a ps4/xbox 1 so i came to system wars to find out

theres no hype threads for games i was expecting like ryse/pokemon xy/killer instinct hype threads

i dont see any good hype threads at all and the system war bets is gone all the good threads are gone

kids used to be like this games gonna be the best an hype it and if it flopped they had to do something stupid for overhyping

u had like cool game reviewers like jeff gerstman posting in the forums and talking to fans

and all the cool mods are gone casey wager an like cake an the famous ones like there gone

it seems like a lot of big name nintendo sheep are gone an posting less, the lemmings an hermits or sorta here and some ps4 users but its a lot smaller an the nintendo ones are completely gone it seems

oh and i should say i dont think the new site looks bad or the new forums thats why im confused why ppl would just leave it doesnt look that bad to me anyway i dont like the small character limit on post titles but thats about it anyway will people be back or no?

Yep. SW is awful now. You should leave.

#26 Edited by ProtossX (458 posts) -

@Nintendo_Ownes7: does gamespot still have members subscirption thing nobodys name is colored do they still do that stuff or no?

#27 Edited by clyde46 (43957 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

System redesign used the GiantBomb format which clashes with the rules and formatting of the old System Wars. People left and the mods and admins stopped caring.

But don't worry, they mention "they've been making lots of changes" any time you ask why basic changes haven't been made.

Hey remember that "It will be much better, just wait and see"? Yeah never happened and honestly I don't see what they could change or add to make it good again because the people have already left.

They broke embedding.... oh wait, thats not positive.

#28 Posted by super600 (30097 posts) -

@ProtossX said:

Casey wagner was banned permanetly for reasons I can not reveal.New site features are currently being developed for the GS community that pertain also to the boards.

#29 Posted by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

All the cool kids went to Gaf.

#30 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16744 posts) -

This forum was already slipping before the new layout .

Once blatant trolling was allowed it killed off most of the funny debate so Trolls took over with simple minded short sentenced posts repeated again and again only to up the post count resulting in a bore fest .

Why do you ask , you jelly ?

This best describes how I see this site now as well. Having even a half ass serious conversation here is now impossible due to the trolls. On the bright side, it has turn me to playing my games even more and visiting the site even less. So I am working through my backlog a little faster than before.

#31 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (3336 posts) -

It will be much better. Just be patient.

#32 Edited by Blabadon (25626 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Blabadon said:

Man, I say that all the time. The funniest shit is when they try and make me look dumb because I'm a normal user on this board like "You don't know what goes on behind the scenes" like I'm asking them to cure fucking cancer or something. No shit I have no idea what goes on behind the scenes and I never asked when it was "bonk!" central here nor when I used to get idiotic suspensions. Now I ask because they actually don't have any idea how many flaws the site has, and that's before you take out the things from the old site that were missing.

Fuck a new year's diet GameSpot, at least acknowledge you have an addiction to fattening cookies.

Oh, and super's a mod, so that's just a bigger joke for the moderation site of GameSpot.

#33 Posted by AmnesiaHaze (5683 posts) -

after the redesign it feel painful to use the forum , since the redesign this is my second post

#34 Edited by KillzoneSnake (1669 posts) -

The cool mods are gone? The ones that banned the best forum users for dumb reasons? I think the site is good today, its just that PS4 won the generation so easy its no longer fun to post here.

#35 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3037 posts) -

The constant trolling alts and trolling threads like "you jelly" keep happening. People are also allowed to just say "you fucking moron" instead of actually using a coherent and intelligent response to explain why the other person is wrong. Those are 2 big reasons for me why this place is struggling. The conversation has been allowed to degrade down to:

TC: Xbox/PS4 teh sux

1. No it doesn't you fucking idiot!!1!!1!

TC Replies: you jelly bro!?!?!?

2. No, I'm just not a moron who lives in my moms basement.

TC Jelly Confirmed :)

That is 99% of threads these days

#36 Edited by speedfreak48t5p (6549 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

I'm still here and by golly I know that means a lot. I wouldn't dream of leaving and stopping my education of SW users.

We all appreciate the hard work you have accomplished Heli, showing us an alternative to the greed of Microsoft, and the rehashes of Nintendo.

Sony.

#37 Edited by musicalmac (22811 posts) -

Lots of people complaining, not many people doing much to make a difference. Apathy rules the cultural roost of SW. We actually discovered this before the new year, and now you know.

#38 Edited by AcidTango (499 posts) -

Well they destroyed the legacy forums by merging it with the game discussion forum and that sucks because there are more topics about recent games then retro games and because of that it is hard to find any retro topics at all. And the phone version of the site is broken.

#39 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38202 posts) -

Lots of people complaining, not many people doing much to make a difference. Apathy rules the cultural roost of SW. We actually discovered this before the new year, and now you know.

What can WE do to make a difference anyway? Can I fix embedding? can I create a better way of formatting? can I make the image uploader not be total ass? can I change the way my post history looks and operates? No, I can do fuck all to make a difference to the site

Telling us that we're not doing much to make a difference is a pretty douchey thing to say. We're still here fighting for the site aren't we? when most others left

#40 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16744 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

What can WE do to make a difference anyway? Can I fix embedding? can I create a better way of formatting? can I make the image uploader not be total ass? can I change the way my post history looks and operates? No, I can do fuck all to make a difference to the site

Telling us that we're not doing much to make a difference is a pretty douchey thing to say. We're still here fighting for the site aren't we? when most others left

You beat me to it. Really, wtf can we do?

#41 Edited by wolverine4262 (18904 posts) -

#42 Edited by Blabadon (25626 posts) -

@musicalmac said:Apathy

Hahahahahahaha

hahahaahahahahahahahahahah

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Lots of people complaining, not many people doing much to make a difference.

You're a stupid douchebag

#43 Edited by clyde46 (43957 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

You tell em Sean!

#44 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4039 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@musicalmac said:

You beat me to it. Really, wtf can we do?

hack the website and fix everything.

oh wait i can't. i'm too apathetic to do that.

haha just kidding. it's not down to apathy. it's because i don't have the credentials to do anything legit, nor the skillset to do anything 'vigilante helpful' eg hacking.

ask ronvalencia or tormentos to fix it.

anyway. here is a joke

what happened to the irishman who ironed his curtains?

he fell out the window

#45 Edited by Blabadon (25626 posts) -

@musicalmac said:

Actually, despite how stupid mac has generally shown he is ("Bu-bu-but I can use the word "apathy" guyz!") I'm pretty sure he's talking about the thread's topic about System Wars shit.

If he actually is talking about GameSpot's issues as a whole, then god, we truly have an enormous idiot among our roosts.

#46 Posted by Crazyguy105 (9505 posts) -

You can thank the godawful website redesign.

God it's so awful and has me coming back less and less. Every thread is by Charizard, Sweenix or some unknown account making garbage threads.

#47 Edited by freedomfreak (38645 posts) -

hack the website and fix everything.

oh wait i can't. i'm too apathetic to do that.

haha just kidding. it's not down to apathy. it's because i don't have the credentials to do anything legit, nor the skillset to do anything 'vigilante helpful' eg hacking.

ask ronvalencia or tormentos to fix it.

anyway. here is a joke

what happened to the irishman who ironed his curtains?

he fell out the window

:dayna2:

#48 Edited by ghostwarrior786 (3595 posts) -
#49 Edited by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

The new site happened.

Lots of stuff removed or broken in the process. A lot of great users left because of the changes.

I mean, there's still some awesome people on here, but they're overshadowed by the excessive fanboy users/alts that have flooded the forums nowadays. Doesn't help we don't have a level 10 rule anymore either.

#50 Posted by freedomfreak (38645 posts) -

The new site happened.

Lots of stuff removed or broken in the process. A lot of great users left because of the changes.

I mean, there's still some awesome people on here, but they're overshadowed by the excessive fanboy users/alts that have flooded the forums nowadays. Doesn't help we don't have a level 10 rule anymore either.

Am i IAWesome?