what games you give 10/10 last gen?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by blamix99 (2582 posts) -

so which games is it SW? you can also include PC games from 2006-2013.

Here are mine:

Red Dead Redemption

God of War 3

Uncharted 2

Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2

Metal Gear Solid 4

Grand Theft Auto V

The Last of Us

Dark Souls 2

Dota 2

Assassins Creed 4 (yup loved it more than AC2.)

i gave a lot of games 9/10 but 10/10 games only =)

#2 Posted by Bigboi500 (31647 posts) -

Super Mario Galaxy 2

#3 Posted by charizard1605 (62783 posts) -

Interestingly enough, none.

I guess Civilization V comes closest.

#4 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (658 posts) -

The Orange box as complete package

#5 Posted by Tokeism (2356 posts) -

None, a lot have scored between 7, 8 and 9 but no 10's

#6 Posted by yokofox33 (30493 posts) -

None honestly. But I guess Valkyria Chronicles and Persona 4 Golden are as close to 10s for me as it gets. Both games had their flaws, but nothing that even remotely made me question the games' greatness.

#7 Posted by sailor232 (5220 posts) -

none but Portal 2 comes close.

#8 Posted by charizard1605 (62783 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

None honestly. But I guess Valkyria Chronicles and Persona 4 Golden are as close to 10s for me as it gets. Both games had their flaws, but nothing that even remotely made me question the games' greatness.

Persona 4 Golden, hilariously enough, doesn't qualify as a last gen game. The PS2 version is from the PS2 (6th) gen, the PS Vita version is from the current (8th) gen.

#9 Posted by yokofox33 (30493 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@yokofox33 said:

Persona 4 Golden, hilariously enough, doesn't qualify as a last gen game. The PS2 version is from the PS2 (6th) gen, the PS Vita version is from the current (8th) gen.

Well, it came out during the last gen, which is good enough for me. Same for the PS2 version. It came out around the same time as Valkyria Chronicles. Just let me promote the greatness of the damn game!

#10 Edited by charizard1605 (62783 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@yokofox33 said:

Well, it came out during the last gen, which is good enough for me. Same for the PS2 version. It came out around the same time as Valkyria Chronicles. Just let me promote the greatness of the damn game!

Hey, feel free to do it, I'm on board with this idea :-3

Who was your waifu?

#11 Edited by Gue1 (11607 posts) -

ever since I experienced my first seamless cinematic transitions in Final Fantasy VII, VIII, Fear Effect, Heart of Darkness I always dreamt of a game that would perfect that art. Uncharted 2 was that game. 10/10

The Last of Us would be the second 10/10 if its immersion breaking issues weren't so prevalent that it distracted me from experience in so many times. This game is the holy grail of story-telling in video games.

#12 Edited by thecruzan (105 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption

GTA V

Halo: Reach

Gears of War 3 and L4D2 both come close with about an 8 or 9

#13 Edited by Gue1 (11607 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@yokofox33 said:

and even then Persona 4 has a shit ton of stuff in which they can improve on, although most of it is most likely due to budgeting issues. Because let's be honest, the only thing Persona 4 has going for it is good writing and that's it.

#14 Edited by charizard1605 (62783 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@yokofox33 said:

and even then Persona 4 has a shit ton of stuff in which they can improve on. Although most of it is most likely due to budgeting issues. Because let's be honest, the only thing Persona 4 has going for it is good writing and that's it.

I would heavily disagree. I do agree that Persona 4 has some things they can work on- notably, the dungeons (although we saw some improvements towards this in Golden already, so that gives me some hope).

Regardless, Persona 4 is also, I would argue, a game that is more than the sum of its parts, and one that transcends its flaws, so I would be comfortable giving it a 10.

#15 Edited by PAL360 (27388 posts) -

Probably Just Skyrim. I would give a few 9.5 though: RDR, Mass Effect, Halo 3, Oblivion, GTA5, Bioshock Infinite, Uncharted 2, TLoU, Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, etc

#16 Posted by AzatiS (8395 posts) -

@blamix99: None here.

#17 Edited by yokofox33 (30493 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@yokofox33 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@yokofox33 said:

Hey, feel free to do it, I'm on board with this idea :-3

Who was your waifu?

That beautiful specimen in your sig and avy.

I'm a Chie man. She galactic punted my emotions straight into my heart.

#18 Posted by gameofthering (10517 posts) -

None. There is always one aspect of a game that prevents it from getting a 10/10.

#19 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (5471 posts) -

None, still the best gen imo though.

#20 Posted by charizard1605 (62783 posts) -

@yokofox33: Ah man, you got fine taste :-3

#21 Posted by pelvist (5297 posts) -

None, no game I have played is ever perfect, they could all be better. Civ V with all its expansions is the closest I would go to giving anything 10/10.

#22 Posted by Blabadon (29015 posts) -

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Uncharted Drake's Fortune

#23 Posted by Spartan070 (16388 posts) -

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Red Dead Redemption

Bioshock

There were other games that I liked more or had more fun with but acting as an objective reviewer I'd have to go with these 3.

#24 Edited by charizard1605 (62783 posts) -
@Blabadon said:

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Uncharted Drake's Fortune

Lol, is this a bad joke?

Drake's Fortune is great, I've been a proponent of it for the longest time, but that game is so rough around the edges, and does so much wrong, how the hell does it end up with a ten? The SIXAXIS bullshit alone should disqualify it from that.

#25 Posted by Blabadon (29015 posts) -

You gave Pokémon X and Y a 9.5.

Don't talk to me about jokes

#26 Edited by Pikminmaniac (9545 posts) -

If anything it's these two

The best platformer of that generation by far that gave me my most satisfying gameplay moments of the gen and Batman Arkham City which did so many different gameplay styles better than games that focus on just one of them. A complete package of the utmost quality.

#27 Edited by nutcrackr (12893 posts) -

If we are going gamespot scale (integers) then

Battlefield 3, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Ass Creed 2, Uncharted 2, GTA 4, The Witcher, Crysis

#28 Posted by AcidTango (809 posts) -

To be honest none.

#29 Posted by Telekill (5274 posts) -

I don't give out 10's often.

- Uncharted 2

- Red Dead Redemption

- Uncharted 3

- The Last of Us

Close to 10 was the Tomb Raider reboot. If the multiplayer hadn't been tact on, it would have gotten the 10.

#30 Posted by GarGx1 (3917 posts) -

None.

There are plenty of games I've enjoyed immensely but I've yet to see a game that's so perfect it warrants a perfect score. Mario Galaxy has probably come closer than most.

#31 Posted by blamix99 (2582 posts) -

forgot Arkham City =)

#32 Edited by Zelda187 (1047 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption

The Last of Us

Uncharted 2

Total War: Shogun 2

Skyrim

Fallout 3

Company of Heroes

#33 Posted by slaves (1440 posts) -

Lair the GOAT

#34 Posted by parkurtommo (28118 posts) -

Journey, Red Dead Redemption, Demon's/Dark Souls, Uncharted 2, Metro Last Light (does that even count as last gen?)

#35 Edited by starjet905 (1974 posts) -

@charizard1605: Chie is such a slob. Yukiko for life.

Jokes aside, I'll probably pick Persona 3 over Persona 4. And since Persona 3 Portable was an actual 7th gen game, that works out just fine.

And Assassin's Creed II also comes very close. So, yeah, Persona 3 and Assassin's Creed II.

#36 Edited by starwolf474 (983 posts) -

None. I think some people give 10/10's out too easily. A 10/10 means the game was perfect and revolutionary. The last game that I felt deserved a 10/10 was Ocarina of Time back in 1998.

#37 Posted by trugs26 (6154 posts) -

Generic Mario Galaxy 2 post incoming!

That's my vote, given how generic I am!

#38 Edited by blackace (21580 posts) -

@blamix99: There were only about 5-6 titles that actually deserved a 10. No I didn't think TLOU or GTA V deserved a 10. I would give GTA V a 10 for the content, open world design and voice acting and a 10 for TLOU's story, voice acting and music, but none of these games were a 10 for their actual gameplay. The games below were a 10 moreso for their gameplay and fun. Everything else was icing on the cake.

1. Batman Arkham City
  2. Uncharted 2
  3. Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
  4. Halo 3
  5. Red Dead Redemption
  6. Bioshock Infinite
#39 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9943 posts) -

Ride to Hell Retribution

Lair

Haze

Call of Duty Ghosts

Such masterpieces.

#40 Posted by pyro1245 (1080 posts) -

Maybe Dragon Age: Origins, but on for PC due to the tactical view. Does that count? Souls games are up there too.

@starwolf474 said:

None. I think some people give 10/10's out too easily. A 10/10 means the game was perfect and revolutionary. The last game that I felt deserved a 10/10 was Ocarina of Time back in 1998.

..and it got it! Man, Gamespot really seemed to know what was up back then.....

#41 Edited by shadiezz2012 (2465 posts) -

there is no such thing as perfect game because every game have it flaws

10/10 for games for me doesn't mean perfect but mean that the games flaws doesn't effect the game experience which why reviews call games with 10/10 scores "Masterpiece" and not "Perfect"

for me few games i would give them 10/10 "Masterpiece":

1. The Last of us
  2. Batman Arkham Asylam ....akham city had Bad story along with some very stupid acting (Bane) and incredibly stupid ending
  3. RDR
  4. Uncharted 2...Uncharted 3 is a 9.5/10 for me
  5. Mass Effect 2
  6. Demon Souls
  7. God Of War 3

and that's it .

#42 Posted by cainetao11 (20293 posts) -

The Orange Box

#43 Posted by with_teeth26 (6324 posts) -

Shogun 2 after patches is the only game I'd give a 10 to from last gen.

#44 Edited by AdrianWerner (28228 posts) -

Anno 2070

Crusader Kings II

#45 Posted by Seabas989 (11368 posts) -

Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2.

That's it.

#46 Posted by uninspiredcup (13645 posts) -

Orange Box. Shogun 2.

#47 Edited by chessmaster1989 (29958 posts) -

None actually, my only three 10s ever are to HL2, FFX, and FFXII.

From last gen, the closest are Bioshock Infinite and TLOU.

#48 Posted by The_Deepblue (690 posts) -

Super Mario Galaxy

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Super Meat Boy

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Yeah, it's not "perfect," but it's a ten to me.)

Almost:

The Last of Us

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Halo: Reach

#49 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25159 posts) -

Mass Effect 2 as it was my favourite game last gen.

#50 Posted by Maroxad (8988 posts) -

@charizard1605: It came out after the XBAWKS 360 was launched, did it not? Hence it was competing with 7th gen titles. That qualifies it as a 7th gen game.

As for the topic at hand. I would not say any game was worth a 10/10 for me. Only the greatest game ever made deserves that honor and that goes to X-COM: UFO Defense.