What game/franchise do you think gets the most unwarranted hate?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#201 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts
anything EA does, because people like to say EA is evil, though sometimes I'm not sure if that's so ridiculous people just repeat it in jest
burgeg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#202 burgeg
Member since 2005 • 3599 Posts

Definitely Halo series.blackace
This may have been true five or six years ago, but times change. No I'm not saying the series has gone downhill. Not at all. I'm just saying it gets significantly less hate than it used to get. Why? Quite simply it's because it's not the most popular FPS series anymore. That means the hipsters have focused their bashing all on Call of Duty instead. Halo doesn't get that much mindless hipster hate anymore. Call of Duty is the whipping boy now.

Farsendor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#203 Farsendor1
Member since 2012 • 462 Posts

i dislike ff13 cause of the stupid characters im not sure about games that get unwarranted hate but one game that gets too much hype and attention is gta.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#204 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23895 Posts

Dragon Age 2 is better than DAOIAmNot_fun

Being better than DAO is not exactly a hard thing to do.

GTA IV Twilight Princess World of Warcraftprinceofshapeir

No, No, Yes

While GW2 is my themepark of choice, WoW is the best of its class. It simply put is the best at what it does.

That being, trinity combat and loot mongering.

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#205 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Which I will acknowledge. I happened to work in an italian place at the time. So that soundtrack was stuff I heard at work on a daily basis lol. jg4xchamp

I bet. At least you were listening to decent music, though. What did you think of the gunplay? I thought that was actually pretty solid. Not good enough to keep me playing when I wasn't engaged in any other way, but still.

Serviceable on PC(I tried the PC demo, because 110s dumbass kept acting like the PC version would be some epiphany creating work of art). Irritating on a gamepad. It's way too wonky and loose.

Kick back is okay, and on PC with physx watching the environment break is okay. But the actual shoot outs are dull. Enemies don't sell hits all that well, they don't engage the player with much variety or clever foes, the general action is by the book stop and pop gameplay, and the only elaborate shoot out in the game is at the end. I had more fun with the shoot outs in GTA 4, and that game has terrible combat.

ugh and then there is the stiff ass movement in this game....argh...I spent 60 bucks on this nonsense.

Dull shootouts?, the shooting mechanics in Mafia II are some of the best ever, did you ever played Mass Effect 2? that game is the meaning of the word dull.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#206 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I bet. At least you were listening to decent music, though. What did you think of the gunplay? I thought that was actually pretty solid. Not good enough to keep me playing when I wasn't engaged in any other way, but still.RageQuitter69

Serviceable on PC(I tried the PC demo, because 110s dumbass kept acting like the PC version would be some epiphany creating work of art). Irritating on a gamepad. It's way too wonky and loose.

Kick back is okay, and on PC with physx watching the environment break is okay. But the actual shoot outs are dull. Enemies don't sell hits all that well, they don't engage the player with much variety or clever foes, the general action is by the book stop and pop gameplay, and the only elaborate shoot out in the game is at the end. I had more fun with the shoot outs in GTA 4, and that game has terrible combat.

ugh and then there is the stiff ass movement in this game....argh...I spent 60 bucks on this nonsense.

Dull shootouts?, the shooting mechanics in Mafia II are some of the best ever, did you ever played Mass Effect 2? that game is the meaning of the word dull.

Compared to what? mechanically it does nothing impressive or out right better than what you can do in a Gears of War(which is a smoother game), Uncharted, or a Max Payne. And that's without having to go into first person. As far as ME2. I do not for one second think highly of that games gameplay, but really what's the difference here? If anything both games share very similar flaws on a gameplay level in the shooting department. But while Mafia 2 is just out right dialed back and boring, Mass Effect 2s shoot outs are overly transparent and repetitive.
illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#207 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts

*Insert very popular franchises that have a very loud vocal minority that are in opposition to their success, whom then proceed convert that somehow into criticisms of terrible quality*

¯\(°_o)/¯

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#208 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Easily Call of Duty.

It's popular, but it isn't "killing" the gaming industry, it isn't stagnating on the level of Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero (thanks to Activision's efforts to keep it fresh with two developers and Treyarch willing to take risks), it's still a fun and polished series, and most of all nobody is being forced to buy it and the developers aren't forcing EA to imitate it with it's countless CoD clones.

I mean, a lot of CoD hate I hear is geared more towards generic clones like Medal of Honor from what I hear, and most people who hate it either never liked military shooters or seem to hate it more because of Activision, or the yearly releases, or the IW exodus, or some other reason unrelated to the actual quality of the games.

I mean, it isn't my favorite series, it isn't doing things as well as it could, and it is far more successful than I think it should be, but none of those reasons warrants mass hate.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#209 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

[QUOTE="super600"]

[QUOTE="GeoffZak"]

Sonic.

Everyone has the wrong impression of 3D Sonic games thanks to Sonic 06.

Sonic 06 isn't even a bad game.

GeoffZak

:|

I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Why is it wrong to like a game that most people hate?

People shouldn't blindly follow critics.

So many people I've talked to who say they hate it, HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED THE GAME THEMSELVES. They just accept what the critics say without question. (It didn't score well so it must be bad.) -_-

And it's true that people give up on the game too easily. They don't give it a chance and don't play it for long enough to get used to the controls. I think Sonic 06 has great game feel. I like how it's reminiscent of Sonic Adventure 1.

You know that feel don't you? When you watch someone else play a game you really like, and it's their first time playing. They'll mess up here and there, and as you watch you're thinking "Come on! It's so easy! Just do this, it's simple." That's how I feel when watching anyone else play Sonic 06.

I watched gameplay of the game.The game was terrible from what I saw.I also read or watched parts of the cutscenes in the game and those made me want to puke.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#210 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"]

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] I bet. At least you were listening to decent music, though. What did you think of the gunplay? I thought that was actually pretty solid. Not good enough to keep me playing when I wasn't engaged in any other way, but still.RageQuitter69

Calling Mafia II's shooting mechanics "some of the best ever", than criticizing ME2 is like saying Quantum of Solace was a compelling and thoughtful film only to criticize Skyfall.

I mean, really? Mafia II's shooting mechanics are the very definition of basic, without even blindfire, interesting AI, or additional mechanics to help it out. ME2 on the other hand is still not the best in shooting, but still leagues above Mafia II in terms of AI, variety and feel.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#211 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Serviceable on PC(I tried the PC demo, because 110s dumbass kept acting like the PC version would be some epiphany creating work of art). Irritating on a gamepad. It's way too wonky and loose.

SPYDER0416

Calling Mafia II's shooting mechanics "some of the best ever", than criticizing ME2 is like saying Quantum of Solace was a compelling and thoughtful film only to criticize Skyfall.

I mean, really? Mafia II's shooting mechanics are the very definition of basic, without even blindfire, interesting AI, or additional mechanics to help it out. ME2 on the other hand is still not the best in shooting, but still leagues above Mafia II in terms of AI, variety and feel.

I don't know about leagues better in any of those areas. Maybe variety given the powers, and enemy types that come with the territory of not having to be a grounded game. But really both games suffer from similar issues in terms of combat. Mass Effect has a more interesting work of fiction going for it, and more elaborate shoot outs at least(even if a lot of them are formulaic as hell).
RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#212 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

[QUOTE="RageQuitter69"]

[QUOTE="jg4xchamp"] Serviceable on PC(I tried the PC demo, because 110s dumbass kept acting like the PC version would be some epiphany creating work of art). Irritating on a gamepad. It's way too wonky and loose.

SPYDER0416

Mass Effect 2? variety?, those words shouldn't even go together. Seriously though, why can't people just admit that the only good things about Mass Effect 2 are the story, characters and universe. Anything that even relates to gameplay feels mediocre and tacked on.