What game/franchise do you think gets the most unwarranted hate?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by TheEroica (13709 posts) -

Ive read, for better part of a year many folk take pot shots at Mass Effect 3 for a miriad of reasons, some legit and some paper thin or simply opinion. Thing is, I think its a runnaway success in most every way... I believe it to be a fantastic franchise with a bright future... and thus falsley ridiculed by many.

Any franchises you feel get this negative wrap by the snobby elitists (us :P ) that just isnt' warrented?

#2 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -
Dragon Age 2 Come at me motherfurthers.
#3 Posted by chocolatesoda (615 posts) -

Final Fantasy. It's been the same cycle of hate since FFVII.:(

#4 Posted by TrueAmerican007 (700 posts) -
Halo
#5 Posted by Obviously_Right (5101 posts) -

Any Uncharted game

MGS4

God of War

#6 Posted by Gue1 (10212 posts) -

Call of Duty

#7 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

Any Uncharted game

MGS4

God of War

Obviously_Right

Nope-Nope-Nope-Nope-Nope.jpg

Most of these games gets criticized for things that are actually wrong with them.

#8 Posted by Blabadon (26638 posts) -
Uncharted 1. Morons.
#9 Posted by kingtito (5026 posts) -

Any Uncharted game

MGS4

God of War

Obviously_Right
No actually those 2 don't get enough hate. They're praised for having great graphics with mediocre game play.
#10 Posted by Zassimick (6649 posts) -

There are plenty of them in my opinion. I'll list two:

Uncharted

I find the gameplay a lot of fun and diverse from the shoot-outs to the platforming and puzzle-solving. While not difficult puzzles they are enjoyable to go through. Also the presentation is top-notch but all you ever hear from haters is that the story sucks and it's pathetic. Drake and the other characters in the games have a lot of personality and are well-executed but the story criticism is what bothers me. These games never said to have stories as epic as The Odyssey or as intricate as Gone With the Wind, they are just fun summer blockbusters meant to entertian. To each their own but I'm left in confusion with some people's hate.

Halo

An incredibly fun series that I think garners a lot of hate because of the massive popularity it has. The shooting is incredibly solid and satisfing throughout and they are well-structured, varied campaigns. Plus the multiplayer usually has some great level design, but if you disagree then you could go ahead and try to make your own through Forge and see how well you do. :P I always felt the series never met the height they could have reached while Bungie was at the helm but I firmly believe 343's effort was a strong step and brought some amazing things to the table: great visuals, fun-to-fight enemies and the best sound design I've heard in a long while in a video game.

#11 Posted by Ballroompirate (23046 posts) -

Mass Effect series (except the ending for ME3, yeah that deserves every bit of hate)

Uncharted series

I could list a few more but my new flame shield from Amazon hasn't shipped yet.

#12 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -
[QUOTE="Blabadon"]Uncharted 1. Morons.

What is so wrong about calling a sh*t game a sh*t game?
#13 Posted by Blabadon (26638 posts) -
[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]Uncharted 1. Morons.

Because it's my favorite gen of this gen. I love stirring up controversy with the game because I can actually back it up since I love it so much. And you're not a moron if you don't like it. Just missing out on the true fun of the masterpiece that it is.
#14 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

Uncharted 1. Blabadon

a1n6dj.gif

#15 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"][QUOTE="Blabadon"]Uncharted 1. Morons.

Because it's my favorite gen of this gen. I love stirring up controversy with the game because I can actually back it up since I love it so much. And you're not a moron if you don't like it. Just missing out on the true fun of the masterpiece that it is.

You ruined it.
#16 Posted by jg4xchamp (48367 posts) -
When it gets it: Bayonetta. Almost all of it is on a story, that at no point takes itself seriously to begin with. It makes it pretty clear from the get go it's going to be tongue n cheek. Consistently being overlooked for how awesome the gameplay is. I don't think by any mean the game is some clever comedy or something, but it's a flaw that hardly stops the rest of the game from being fantastic. Nor does it stop it from being by far the best hack n slash game this gen(although sure you could argue it's by default).
#17 Posted by AznbkdX (3223 posts) -

Probably Call of Duty.

#18 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -

It is like a game only Master Shakes would like.
#19 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

When it gets it: Bayonetta. Almost all of it is on a story, that at no point takes itself seriously to begin with. It makes it pretty clear from the get go it's going to be tongue n cheek. Consistently being overlooked for how awesome the gameplay is. I don't think by any mean the game is some clever comedy or something, but it's a flaw that hardly stops the rest of the game from being fantastic. Nor does it stop it from being by far the best hack n slash game this gen(although sure you could argue it's by default). jg4xchamp

Unfortunate, that.

#20 Posted by Blabadon (26638 posts) -
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"] You ruined it.

What[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"] It is like a game only Master Shakes would like.

Not at all, MasterShake likes games with very little experience in most of them. I've played Uncharted 1 over 20 times because I like it so much.
#21 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -
[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] You ruined it.

What

You could have just said "Uncharted 1. Morons." left it at that, and watched people get mad. :P
#22 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age 2.

No matter what BioWare do they're greeted with derision by a lot of people. It's a shame. I can't speak for DA2, but ME3 is the best game BioWare have released since 2003. It's everything they've strived for as a studio finally realized and people are still pissing over an ending that in all honesty is not that bad when you consider how so many videogames have terrible endings anyway. Would it have been awesome if the ending was better and more personal? Sure. Does it affect how amazing Mass Effect 3 is? Nope. Unless you're stupid. (Yeah, I went there)

#23 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

No matter what BioWare do they're greeted with derision by a lot of people. It's a shame. I can't speak for DA2, but ME3 is the best game BioWare have released since 2003. It's everything they've strived for as a studio finally realized and people are still pissing over an ending that in all honesty is not that bad when you consider how so many videogames have terrible endings anyway. Would it have been awesome if the ending was better and more personal? Sure. Does it affect how amazing Mass Effect 3 is? Nope. Unless you're stupid. (Yeah, I went there)

NeonNinja
Remove Dragon Age II. I forgive that ignorance because you haven't played it, but that game is legitimately awful and deserves every criticism that has been leveled at it.
#24 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] You ruined it.

What

You could have just said "Uncharted 1. Morons." left it at that, and watched people get mad. :P

Blab isnt man enough to call me moron so he had to change his statement.
#25 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

When it gets it: Bayonetta. Almost all of it is on a story, that at no point takes itself seriously to begin with. It makes it pretty clear from the get go it's going to be tongue n cheek. Consistently being overlooked for how awesome the gameplay is. I don't think by any mean the game is some clever comedy or something, but it's a flaw that hardly stops the rest of the game from being fantastic. Nor does it stop it from being by far the best hack n slash game this gen(although sure you could argue it's by default). jg4xchamp

Yeah, Bayonetta also gets hated on for the stupidest of reasons.

#26 Posted by BPoole96 (22802 posts) -

Most games that get hate usually deseve it. A 'game' that should get more hate is Journey

#27 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

DarkLink77

Remove Dragon Age II. I forgive that ignorance because you haven't played it, but that game is legitimately awful and deserves every criticism that has been leveled at it.

Fine.

I can't really speak for it, so I have no idea if its worthwhile or not. I have no real desire to play it either.

#28 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -
[QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

DarkLink77

Dragon Age 2 is better than DAO
#29 Posted by TheEroica (13709 posts) -

Dragon Age 2 Come at me mutha'fukasIAmNot_fun
Great post. I fixed the spelling for you.

#30 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="NeonNinja"]

IAmNot_fun

tumblr_ls95oujaGK1qab7nx.gif#laughing%20

#31 Posted by Lucky_Krystal (1730 posts) -

Most military FPSs. But mostly Call of Duty.

Uncharted 3

Final Fantasies after 10.

#32 Posted by TheEroica (13709 posts) -

I liked uncharted 1 alot but no man can defend the "upstream" chapter. I swear to god that was the worst level this gen.
#33 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -

[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] Remove Dragon Age II. I forgive that ignorance because you haven't played it, but that game is legitimately awful and deserves every criticism that has been leveled at it.DarkLink77

And you have terrible taste.
#34 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"] Dragon Age 2 is better than DAOIAmNot_fun

:lol: I'm not the one praising one of the worst games this generation.
#35 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -
[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"]

DarkLink77

Says the guy who had Duke Nukem Forever sig and avy for the longest time.
#36 Posted by Meeeper282 (1602 posts) -

Call of duty and pokemon

#37 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -
Halo, for 2 reasons: 1) It's only on Xbox. 2) It doesn't have iron sights.
#38 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -
[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"] And you have terrible taste.

So predictable. Never lied the game, brah. Liked Duke Nukem.
#39 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] :lol: I'm not the one praising one of the worst games this generation.

You lie
#40 Posted by ArisShadows (22645 posts) -
LOL @ Dragon Age 2
#41 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -
[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"] Says the guy who had Duke Nukem Forever sig and avy for the longest time.

You lie

You wish. Troll better, brah.
#42 Posted by AsadMahdi59 (6555 posts) -

Call of Duty no contest. You don't have to love the series or even like it but damn, people love to b***h and moan about it.

If any publisher had a game that would sell 20 million units guaranteed every year, they would do it too

#43 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] So predictable. Never lied the game, brah. Liked Duke Nukem.

You lie

You wish. Troll better, brah.

You know I cant
#44 Posted by IAmNot_fun (3336 posts) -
LOL @ Dragon Age 2ArisShadows
Shut it SONE.
#45 Posted by Blabadon (26638 posts) -
[QUOTE="DarkLink77"][QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="DarkLink77"] You ruined it.

What

But I'm not doing it for the lulz, I'm completely serious and willing to defend it.
#46 Posted by jsmoke03 (12928 posts) -

anything thats popular gets hate on sw....so ill say that

#47 Posted by UnrealLegend (5888 posts) -

GTA IV. It's the best of the series in almost every regard, yet people slam it all the time for not being filled with pointless mini-games and jetpacks.

Also, inFamous. It's easily the best PS3 exclusive along with LBP.

#48 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

This thread was clearly made for Resistance. I'm certain of it.

#49 Posted by ArisShadows (22645 posts) -
Wait I take that bad.. LOL @ Resistance
#50 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

I'd say Call of Duty. The games are actually pretty decent, and they give you a good amount of content. The dlc is a bad deal, but it's not like you need to buy it.