What game(s) will bring up the Wii U's revenue?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Edited 11 months, 24 days ago

Poll: What game(s) will bring up the Wii U's revenue? (13 votes)

Super Smash Bros. For Wii U 15%
Super Mario 3D world 38%
Sonic and Mario at whatever Olympic games 0%
A console remake of Majoras Mask 0%
A new Star Fox and a New F-zero 0%
WESTERN DEVS............. 8%
The waiting game. Just be patient it will be fine maybe. 8%
Price Cut game. 15%
Advertising game. 0%
A proper third 3D pokemon game now that X and Y is popular. 8%
Jakandsigz 8%

What game or games will help nintendo bring up the value of the Wii u and have it bring in more greenbacks than the current redbacks the system is currently bringing in?

It may be more than just one thing, it COULD be a combination of many things.

#1 Edited by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

A name change, sorry but wii u is a terrible name.

And i know it isn't a game, but seriously, the name is horrible.

#2 Posted by ristactionjakso (5726 posts) -

Some new exclusives. Seriously Nintendo, do your normal Wii-U Zelda, Mario ect. but also make up some new IP's. Don't rely on 3rd party games.

#3 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

violence

#4 Posted by TheKingIAm (985 posts) -

None obviously

#5 Edited by KBFloYd (13440 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

its not that bad because sony tried to copy the same thing with the name "vita" to cash in on funny names.

at least nintendo had an excuse...the wii was successful... but sony?

#6 Posted by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@Sweenix said:

its not that bad because sony tried to copy the same thing with the name "vita" to cash in on funny names.

But the vita is selling more then the wii u

#7 Edited by KBFloYd (13440 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@KBFloYd said:

@Sweenix said:

are you serious?

its been out 1 more year than wiiU ..so 2 years ...and has only sold 6 million consoles total.

its a colossal failure. its costing sony money. it will be lucky to sell 18million in its lifetime.

sony should just ditch the handheld market.

its the exact situation with the wiiU....only i feel wiiU will have better games in the end.

#8 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Nothing. But a price drop and western developers would help.

#9 Edited by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@Sweenix said:

@KBFloYd said:

@Sweenix said:

are you serious?

its been out 1 more year than wiiU and has only sold 2 million more.

its a colossal failure. its costing sony money. it will be lucky to sell 18million in its lifetime.

its the exact situation with the wiiU....only i feel wiiU will have better games in the end.

It doesn't matter if it's been out for a year more, it is still outselling the wii u on a weekly basis, and i know it's a failure, but then again so is the wii u, and they will likely end up with the same amount of sales.

#10 Edited by Heil68 (43996 posts) -

No games at this point will save the WiiU from being last, but I'm personally looking forward to Mario Kart, Project X and SSBB.

#11 Posted by KBFloYd (13440 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

No games at this point will save the WiiU from being last, but I'm personally looking forward to Mario Kart, Project X and SSBB.

i still have hope that xbox will flop....and flop hard.....either hardware failure or price or kinect...bad press ..weaker specs...who knows.

#12 Edited by KBFloYd (13440 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@KBFloYd said:

are you serious?

It doesn't matter if it's been out for a year more, it is still outselling the wii u on a weekly basis, and i know it's a failure, but then again so is the wii u, and they will likely end up with the same amount of sales.

some weeks the wiiU outsells it...other times the vita...wiiU is selling more at the moment.

doesnt matter...vita is a stupid name and is a reason its failing. trying to cash in on that quirky wii name crap.

at least nintendo had an excuse.

#13 Edited by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@Sweenix said:

@KBFloYd said:

are you serious?

some weeks the wiiU outsells it...other times the vita...wiiU is selling more at the moment.

doesnt matter...vita is a stupid name and is a reason its failing. trying to cash in on that quirky wii name crap.

at least nintendo had an excuse.

The only place the wii u outsells the ps vita, is in north america

Else where it's a different story, Especially in japan, where it's currently outselling it 10-1

#14 Edited by guard12 (1657 posts) -

I would say a name change. A guy I work with actually thought the Wii U was just an add on for his Wii. That or maybe an aggressive marketing campaign to clarify to the casuals that the Wii U is something new.

#15 Edited by KBFloYd (13440 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

The only place the wii u outsells the ps vita, is in north america

Else where it's a different story, Especially in japan, where it's currently outselling it 10-1

north america is bigger than japan...and wiiU has been selling with the zelda bundle.

its currently outselling the vita...

look... you're hoping vita recovers....im hoping wiiU recovers

both our products have stupid names...and we'll leave it at that.

#16 Edited by Heil68 (43996 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@Heil68 said:

i still have hope that xbox will flop....and flop hard.....either hardware failure or price or kinect...bad press ..weaker specs...who knows.

Even if that does happen, I honestly dont think the WiiU will pick up the slack, people will just go without.

#17 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6792 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Yea the name honestly sucks. Why they couldn't have gone with Wii 2 I will never know.